• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent147

Master Ellis
Hello,

The wifi chat has gone under a net split and there are no admins in the Wifi-Chat channels. People are mass spamming vulgarities and making it nearly impossible for anyone present in the current channels to carry on about their business for trading, chatting, battling, and what have you.

Being a regular in the Serrebii provided Wifi-chat, I've done my very best to encourage members to move into a secure channel to carry on about their business until an admin becomes present. I've taken several screen shots of the activities carried on in the Wifi-chat if they are needed for any reason.

If someone could respond by joining the Wifi-Chats and removing the immature trash that would be very wonderful. As of this time I am taking down the names and IP address of anyone stepping over the line. I'm also posting regular reminders of the rules within the chat to remind people of the expectations. Thank you for your time and support.

With warm regards,
:Brent147

Last edited:

No. 1 Machop Fan

I suppose it's over now, but (even though it's not my place) I'll give some friendly advice anyway.

Should it happen again, come over to the normal chat, #SPP, by typing "/j SPP" and try and ask for a staff member's help there. During the netsplit, one or two staffies were still active in that channel. ;)

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I suppose it's over now, but (even though it's not my place) I'll give some friendly advice anyway.

Should it happen again, come over to the normal chat, #SPP, by typing "/j SPP" and try and ask for a staff member's help there. During the netsplit, one or two staffies were still active in that channel. ;)

Keep in mind not all staff in #spp have access in #spp-wifi (or want it, for obvious reasons).

But that probably is one of the better ways to deal with it in the future.

@Brent147, I'm going to close this topic, but could you send me the screens and IP addresses of the members who broke the rules? Just drop me a PM whenever, and thanks for being helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.