• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 21st: SM131 - Musashi VS Kojiro! A Battlefield of Love and Truth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Maamane versus Matsurika sounds really interesting to me, more so than Kojirou versus Musashi frankly since the battle between the two Rocket-dan members is sure to be filled with drama and angst, which I'm not particularly excited about.

Red and Blue

So if Sophocles ends up defeating Mina that means he could face one of the TR duo. If he wins that means he'll make the top four. In that case he made it farther than any of the classmates aside from Ash

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

So if Sophocles ends up defeating Mina that means he will have to face one of the TR duo. If he wins that means he'll make the top four. In that case he made it farther than any of the classmates aside from Ash

Not necessarily as they seem to be randomizing the match ups for each round , so it's possible that if Sophocles wins against Mina he could wind up battling Guzma in the Top 8. As if the match ups weren't randomize then it wouldn't make sense for Ash and Hau to face each other so soon as Ash's match is the first one while Hau's match is in the 3rd one, while Guzma's match is the 2nd one meaning that Ash would actually be facing Guzma in the Top 8 if the matches weren't randomize each round.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting this. I'm rooting for James to make it all the way through now. I wonder if whichever one starts with the Z Ring will toss it to the other if the move doesn't finish the battle.

qazplmwsxo

So James is not battling with Ash and there is a Meltan headbutting a Mareanie in the trailer.Who the hell own it?

dman_dustin

That’d be a pretty cool matchup.

That just leaves Lillie’s opponent. Least if it’s the Mudbray guy then Snowy would have the advantage, but it’d be cool to see Acerola or Plumeria IMO

Can we just take a moment to realise that a member of Team Rocket is going make it to the Top 8 of a Pokemon league lmao

Well that's what's going to happen when you strict the main battles to Top 16 rather than Top 32 or Top 64. It's not really a surprise that Team Rocket is stronger than some random kid with a Yungoos (for example).

ShadowForce720

What about Plumeria? Is she part of the 16 or does she get taken out in the BR?

Well there is two match ups in the top 16 that we still don't know about yet, so I think it's safe to say that Gladion will be in the Top 16, so really if Plumeria makes it that would mean that Kiawe, Lillie, or Hiroki aren't going to make it, which of those 3 given that Hiroki is going to be commanding a Pyukumuku at some point and that it wouldn't make sense for him to never use his Mudbray, he will probably make it in to the top 16.

Also given there was a quiz of who is going to pass the preliminary round, and the options were Ash, Mallow, Sophocles, and Lillie if those being the options wind up meaning that one of them aren't going to make it to the top 16 then by process of elimination, since we already know that it's confirmed that Ash, Mallow, and Sophocles made it into the Top 16 that would mean that it confirms that Lillie is going to not make it pass the Battle Royal part.

So if Plumeria does make it she is probably going to be taking the spot people that people think will go to Lillie. Of course it should go without saying that I would much rather Plumeria take Hiroki's spot instead of Lillie's spot.

situationuk

Mallow vs Lana
Ilima vs Guzma
Ash vs Faba
Hau vs Oak
Mina vs Sophocles
Jessie vs James
Lillie vs Gladion
Plumeria/Acerola vs Kiawe

That means either Jessie, James, Mina or Sophocles will reach the semifinals against Gladion? The weakest quarter of the bracket, by far...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This is a cool concept but.... not exactly fair. They've only got one z-ring, and let me guess who'll use it. Hint: Not James
I hope James ends up winning, but the writers always seem to favor Jessie more for some reason so I'm not going to hold out too much. James is the more popular of the two... don't see why she always get the special treatment, BW is the only one she didn't but they barely did anything with either there. I'd love it if James somehow won because I've always wanted to see the guy get a high position in an official competition, Jessie's done that twice(Sinnoh Grand Festival, and the Master Class thing). Let James have a turn, damn it! -.-
Perfect time for a Mareanie evolution too, seeing how unbalanced the battle will likely be. At least this is more fair than say, Meltan evolving to beat up Silvally or Torracat evolving to kick Charizard's ass. It's actually an unbalanced battle and thus, mid-battle evolution surprise gets a free pass!

Mallow vs Lana
Ilima vs Guzma
Ash vs Faba
Hau vs Oak
Mina vs Sophocles
Jessie vs James
Lillie vs Gladion
Plumeria/Acerola vs Kiawe

That means either Jessie, James, Mina or Sophocles will reach the semifinals against Gladion? The weakest quarter of the bracket, by far...

Guzma battling the Team Rocket winner would be fine, given they actually have history. It's better than somebody else facing Team Rocket anyways

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I hope Mareanie evolves into a Toxapex during this episode. I can't see any other way for her being able to win against Mimikyu.

Has Toxapex been dex'd by Rotom? If I recall the episode with the shiny one was a TR focused episode, without Ash's party.

ShadowForce720

I hope Mareanie evolves into a Toxapex during this episode. I can't see any other way for her being able to win against Mimikyu.

Has Toxapex been dex'd by Rotom? If I recall the episode with the shiny one was a TR focused episode, without Ash's party.

If I am remembering right, no it hasn't, so far Toxapex hasn't been dex'd by Rotom.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Jessie, being the leader of the group as well as her Contest/Performance activities, gets the most attention. So I'm going to root for James. Guy needs something. Plus he has more motivation since he wants to battle the Masked Royal.

Who is Jessie going to use, anyway? Unless she can convince Mimikyu to hold down its Pikachu bloodlust for five minutes (I guess she can tell it to fight seriously so it can fight Pikachu later), she's stuck with Wobbuffet.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Jessie, being the leader of the group as well as her Contest/Performance activities, gets the most attention. So I'm going to root for James. Guy needs something. Plus he has more motivation.

Who is Jessie going to use, anyway? Unless she can convince Mimikyu to hold down it's Pikachu bloodlust (I guess she can tell it to fight seriously so it can fight Pikachu later), she's stuck with Wobbuffet.
There's always Stufful or Bewear...

ShadowForce720

There's always Stufful or Bewear...

Actually not really as the whole reason Team Rocket Trio made that hot spring and a back up plan was to keep those 2 distracted. Plus let's be honest it's extremely unlikely that they could convince Bewear to participate in the league or to let Stufful participate in the league, at most they might be able to convince Bewear to just watch but nothing beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.