• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB thread

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So basically, I only have football season to look forward to. Great.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'll be damned if the Yankees miss the playoffs another season. Joe Girardi is already on thin ice.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I'll be damned if the Yankees miss the playoffs another season. Joe Girardi is already on thin ice.

Yeah, not really. If the yankees miss the playoffs, I fully expect the GM to be fired first as the AL-East has been so bloody weak/"poachable" yet they have nothing to really show for it. Girardi's more or less been along for the ride, as with the whole A-Rod scenario/Jeter and Rivera retiring it's kinda hard to blame him with all the distractions.

And to be fair, it could be a hell of a lot worse. Chicago has 1 hockey team, 1 football team, and 2 baseball teams yet only really have the blackhawks to look forward to year after year.

BCVM22

If the Yankees are dumb enough to try and blame all this on Girardi, they're dumber than I thought. They aren't and won't, I don't think. I'm not really sure what manner of thought process on the part of fan leads to placing the lion's share of the blame on his shoulders, either.

Chicago has 1 hockey team, 1 football team, and 2 baseball teams yet only really have the blackhawks to look forward to year after year.

Between the Blackhawks, an annually competitive Bulls team and this year's Cubs so far, Chicago will get by somehow.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
The Yanks have been playing very well with good series wins. Losing Masahiro for a month is huge, and I hope that they'll be able to stay afloat without him. Hopefully Ivan will come back in the near future and play capably well.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm hoping for a Cubs sweep against the Pirates tonight. The past few years have been a big struggle for the Cubs against both them and the Reds so its nice to finally see a change in that so far.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Definitely an exciting young season thus far... honestly the Mets and Astros are the biggest surprise if they keep it up

Yeah I agree, those two teams look amazing so far. Most of the NL central seems competitive so far as well. Milwaukee seems to be the only team out of contention so far, but its a long season and anything can happen.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I get that it's early in the season and all, but jeez, how are the Royals this freaking perfect? Their offense, defense, and starting pitching are all just as good if not better than what the Tigers have, and unlike the Tigers, they actually have a bullpen. They seem to have no major weaknesses either, aside from their manager being an idiot, which hardly matters.

I'm not saying they're the second coming of the 1927 Yankees or anything like that, but sheesh, I don't see how the Royals fail to win at least 100 games the way they've been playing so far.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The Royals will probably all be ejected by the end of the year that's why.

Vernikova

Champion
Sadly, I didn't get to watch A-Rod tie Mays with his home run yesterday. A great moment with all of the boos raining down on him, of course.

Mye

Someone has to win..
To be fair, the astros are also 16-7? In all seriousness, the royals do have a chance to win their division but will probably not win more than 90 games. Their entire division looks incredibly weak right now (much like the entire AL), with the tigers clearly missing that pitching depth they had for the past 5-6 years. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say they have a 20% chance as of right now.

Ilikepiex7

2 games ended with a ball hitting a runner amazing such a rare event happening twice on the day on the final outs

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I get that it's early in the season and all, but jeez, how are the Royals this freaking perfect? Their offense, defense, and starting pitching are all just as good if not better than what the Tigers have, and unlike the Tigers, they actually have a bullpen. They seem to have no major weaknesses either, aside from their manager being an idiot, which hardly matters.
Regardless of what we saw in the first two games... their starting pitching is far from perfect. In fact Duffy was the first starter since Volquez to go deeper then 6 innings. If that's a continuing trend, that Bullpen won't be a strength forever. Lacking an true Ace is what is really gonna burn them as while Ventura has the potential, he sure as heck doesn't have the mentality. Their weakness is Ace caliber pitchers as Price and Sanchez demonstrated in games 3 & 4

Mye

Someone has to win..
Well, much to the surprise of everyone the Astros are a MLB-best 18-8 and are clearly reaping the benefits of just an incredibly bad division (especially with Texas having no real ace now). The scary part about this is that their offense has been incredibly dominant after the 6th inning (having a batting average of .322) whilst their pitching is on pace to surrender the fewest runs by an astros rotation since 2003.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The Cardinals are hot right now and look almost unbeatable. I'm hoping that Lester and the Cubs will come through to stop their winning streak and also to stay above 500.

Ilikepiex7

Dodger offensive has been amazing so far leading the majors in home runs but that revolving door in the 5th starter spot is really getting annoying

Vernikova

Champion
Let's all celebrate A-Rod's amazing accomplishment.