• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New previews of upcoming episodes: Grant, Korrina, Diantha, a rival for Serena, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Due to Korrina coming so soon, I hope that means the gap between Viola and Grant Gym battles is the longest we will see in this series.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah: too bad that's pretty much what her whole character relies on: being "cute" as it were.

I agree on Serena, though: finally, something...SOME purpose...let's just hope the writers don't manage to botch this up, too.

TR are back to their same old stupid, stupid selves, too: you'd think by know they'd learn those disguises are terrible, but no.

I pretty much agree about Bonnie; it's hard to be optimistic about her future given how she's been portrayed so far. And I'm at least glad that Serena is getting an episode that doesn't revolve around blatant fan service like XY021. I actually like TR's disguises though. James looks hot tbh and Meowth as Bonnie has me cackling.

James looks hot tbh and Meowth as Bonnie has me cackling.

Well, I guess I could be...okay...with it if they don't argue with each other like 5 year old kids after being discovered by the twerps and then blasting off, but I'm really disappointed because I was expecting something better out of them after they were actually surprisingly good (IMO) in the recent Malamar episode, but for me it's like going back to square one in their case.

James is always the man, though. Meowth as Bonnie...okay, that's funny, actually...xD.

nuzamaki90

Due to Korrina coming so soon, I hope that means the gap between Viola and Grant Gym battles is the longest we will see in this series.

Well the gap between Viola and Grant's gym was only large because that's how it was portrayed in the games. You meet Korrina almost instantly after beating Grant in the games, which is why I think she's appearing so soon after the gym now.

What I'm curious about however is where exactly Team Flare are. I mean in the games they appeared at Glittering Cave and their next appearance is at the stones. Seeing how you meet Korrina in Geosenge Town, I'm guessing TF aren't appearing there either. I just wonder what's holding them up.

Is it even confirmed that Grant uses Onix? Tyrunt is also capable of using Rock Tomb.

Read the summary, it mentions Iwark's Rock Tomb, which is Onix's JP name.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
korinna in pigtails, did i just see her hair change a bit - well at least its better here than the games.

What I'm curious about however is where exactly Team Flare are. I mean in the games they appeared at Glittering Cave and their next appearance is at the stones. Seeing how you meet Korrina in Geosenge Town, I'm guessing TF aren't appearing there either. I just wonder what's holding them up.

dude those are the highlights not yet the episode itself, i'm sure they will insert it somewhere.

FlyAsADunsparce

2v2, and replacing an interesting fossil pokemon with bland, ober used boring old onix.

That interesting fossil pokemon and its evolution will have their own filler episode dedicated to them though.

I do think that Onix could've been another pokemon. Maybe Gigalith, Carracosta or Probopass because we haven't really seen any of those in an official battle before.

I'm curious to see what they're gonna do to the other Gym Leaders' teams though.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Iron Poke-chef

You know, I was trying to think of a way this could be an ongoing thing (in order to justify a rival in it) and as soon as you said that, something just clicked in my head.

Contest-like competitions but with trainer and Pokémon cooking together instead of appeals.

Think about it, such a thing would tie together just about everything about Serena - AmourShipping, cooking, the need for a cooking outfit, Fennekin could use its fire in this, the publicity from Pokévision - and if Siebold is going to cross into the main series from the Mega Evolution specials, he could inspire her.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
You know, I was trying to think of a way this could be an ongoing thing (in order to justify a rival in it) and as soon as you said that, something just clicked in my head.

Contest-like competitions but with trainer and Pokémon cooking together instead of appeals.

Think about it, such a thing would tie together just about everything about Serena - AmourShipping, cooking, the need for a cooking outfit, Fennekin could use its fire in this, the publicity from Pokévision - and if Siebold is going to cross into the main series from the Mega Evolution specials, he could inspire her.
OMG I never even though of the possibility of Seibold being involved in a cooking related thing.

FlyAsADunsparce

Serena seems to be more about baking though.

Siebold is about cooking which is not really the same thing as baking.

I think if Serena would like to cook she'd be the one making the meals, not Clemont. Instead she's making pastries, which is baking.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That interesting fossil pokemon and its evolution will have their own filler episode dedicated to them though.

I do think that Onix could've been another pokemon. Maybe Gigalith, Carracosta or Probopass because we haven't really seen any of those in an official battle before.

I'm curious to see what they're gonna do to the other Gym Leaders' teams though.

Actually I'm pretty sure there was an episode in DP with a Nosepass evolving on Mount Coronet after a battle with Ash.

Binacle or Carbink would of been much better pokemon then Onix for Grant to use, especially since Binacle is literally found at Grant's doorstep lol.

Last edited:
-Ash vs. Grant: Nothing much to comment on at the moment. I can only just hope Pikachu doesn't star again in the match or the potential rematch.
-Serena's rival: Excellent! Serena's got herself a rival! And it does look like her goal is to find a goal, much like Shauna in the games. Guess that goal can lead to a number of interesting scenarios!
-Bonnie's new(?) Pokemon: Unsatisfied right now. Dedenne isn't getting enough exposure as it is, and besides, someone else deserves a new Pokemon.
-Diantha's debut: WHOO! Can't wait to see this debut! Wonder how Ash will react to seeing another Mega Evolution since Blaziken Mask's Mega Blaziken?
-Fake group episode: Definitely looks like another TR episode. Can't say that I'm too satisfied. Wonder what their motivation for dressing up as the gang is, though...
-Korrina's debut: Ooh, Korrina looks AWESOME in anime form! Especially excited about this one! :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Actually I'm pretty sure there was an episode in DP with a Nosepass evolving on Twist mountain after a battle with Ash.

It was around Mt. Coronet, not Twist Mountain.

Anyway, Serena simply bakes; she's not a full-fledged cook. I wouldn't want cooking to be her goal anyway. She doesn't need to be further stereotyped.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
basically the only thing i can say is they had seem to run out of ideas, yeah but i think that's for now but who knows they might ave surprise for us in the latter episodes.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
My worst fears about the gym battle are coming true. The really irrelevant Onix potentially replacing Amaura, Froakie playing second fiddle to Pikachu starring yet again. I didn't mind Piakchu's win in the first gym, but after Froakie's training, he should shine.

Bonnie with Flabebé is disappointing. She barely does anything with Dedenne. I hope that she doesn't keep it.

Ash.mx

Iron Poke chef... at this point I don't care what she'll end up doing as long as she proves herself as a decent battler at some point in the future... With the Idol thing, people expected Diantha to inspire her to battle, but I think the possibility has been ruled out now that we know she isn't appearing in that ep, at least with this new cooking/baking thing there is still Siebold to act as the inspiring figure (battle wise) if these activities Serena is doing are amounting to something, as unlikely as it seems lol.

FlyAsADunsparce

Actually I'm pretty sure there was an episode in DP with a Nosepass evolving on Twist mountain after a battle with Ash.

Binacle or Carbink would of been much better pokemon then Onix for Grant to use, especially since Binacle is literally found at Grant's doorstep lol.

Yeah but again, that'd be another Kalos debut. I think that's what they wanted to avoid. Carbink is probably saved for something Diancie related and I think we'll get an episode involving Binacle soon too.

basically the only thing i can say is they had seem to run out of ideas, yeah but i think that's for now but who knows they might ave surprise for us in the latter episodes.

How have the writers run out of ideas? Most of these episodes look pretty good so far! Then again, they have just been announced, but still, they look pretty engaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.