• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

greninjamaster

Well, shipteasing Ash with Misty this close to the end knowing Amour is a thing is a bit iffy on the writers' part.
idk to me hasn't been a thing since xy when the director was in charge and he pushed the pairing but that was well over almost a decade ago and the man is no longer with the Pokemon company. There was no romantic vibes in her return IMO.

Pokeshipping has been teased for 25+ years at this point, and it actually has lots of evidence from Satoshi's side as well as Kasumi's. I will say though in Sun and Moon there was no romantic undertones it was just two friends reunited, they hardly even fought. This was one though, this one was the OG Ash and Misty dynamic. Teasing, fighting, and flirting. Then Misty straight up acting like a 90's tsundere at the end.
I find it so weird when people refer to them as “siblings”. Like have they not watched the OS? Even as a kid I never thought of them as that lol. There was jealousy, denial, blushing, arguing, teasing, even third parties insinuating something “romantic” between them or assuming them to be a couple. It’s quite obvious that Misty has a crush on him, there was this romantic tension going on between those two which was hard to ignore. Siblings don’t behave like that lol.
The only siblings that act like this are in Game of Thrones, they have a couple ones...

Ashmisty

idk to me hasn't been a thing since xy when the director was in charge and he pushed the pairing but that was well over almost a decade ago and the man is no longer with the Pokemon company. There was no romantic vibes in her return IMO.

Pokeshipping has been teased for 25+ years at this point, and it actually has lots of evidence from Satoshi's side as well as Kasumi's. I will say though in Sun and Moon there was no romantic undertones it was just two friends reunited, they hardly even fought. This was one though, this one was the OG Ash and Misty dynamic. Teasing, fighting, and flirting. Then Misty straight up acting like a 90's tsundere at the end.

The only siblings that act like this are in Game of Thrones, they have a couple ones...
I would say even in SM there were hints. They weren’t so glaringly obvious like the OS but they were there. Let’s be honest, OS was the only time Ash showed explicit interest in girls, writers removed any kind of hormones from his body after that. But he is his goofy snarky self whenever he is with Misty. There were winks from her, those light blushing and teasing moments when they battled, and who could forget that z-ring and sunset scene. Pokeshipping has always been there since the start, it’s of course the only mutual ship till date because there were obvious hints from Ash’s side as well. I love how even after all these years the writers still haven’t forgotten about it, they have kept on including Misty one way or the other. Last episode was a shoutout to us pokeshippers, like they were making it up to us after so many years.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Well, shipteasing Ash with Misty this close to the end knowing Amour is a thing is a bit iffy on the writers' part.
Well I mean we’re only at episode 2. We’re going to need more Ash-Misty interactions like these to confirm. This episode was clearly designed to mimic the order of how Ash met the OS trio, which started with Misty, and Brock is next.

Who knows, this could be the only Ash-Misty episode as Brock (and Cilan) will be joining in ep 3, and this could be followed by other companions returning. It’s only going to get more packed from here

Last edited:

greninjamaster

Well I mean we’re only at episode 2. We’re going to need more Ash-Misty interactions like these to confirm. This episode was clearly designed to mimic the order of how Ash met the OS trio, which started with Misty, and Brock is next.

Who knows, this could be the only Ash-Misty episode as Brock (and Cilan) will be joining in ep 3, and this could be followed by other companions returning. It’s only going to get more packed from here
I think it's pretty cleared that each companion that's not part of the OG trio if they return will only be for that episode.

I would say even in SM there were hints. They weren’t so glaringly obvious like the OS but they were there. Let’s be honest, OS was the only time Ash showed explicit interest in girls, writers removed any kind of hormones from his body after that. But he is his goofy snarky self whenever he is with Misty. There were winks from her, those light blushing and teasing moments when they battled, and who could forget that z-ring and sunset scene. Pokeshipping has always been there since the start, it’s of course the only mutual ship till date because there were obvious hints from Ash’s side as well. I love how even after all these years the writers still haven’t forgotten about it, they have kept on including Misty one way or the other. Last episode was a shoutout to us pokeshippers, like they were making it up to us after so many years.
Hints yes but their interactions and personalities were much different than they were now.

And I completely agree that the last episode absolutely was a big Pokeshipping episode especially the ending. Plus the whole red string of fate.

Ash saying he felt he should go this way when they were on the crossing and that road would lead to a reunion with Misty in an episode dealing with the red string of fate.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
I saw an interesting idea pitched: In the upcoming episode with Butterfree, Misty pushes her fear of bugs aside and captures the pink butterfree, thus allowing a win-win scenario where Ash has his butterfree & it still has its mate. Not only would it be a big character development moment for Misty, but it'd a way of effectively confirming Pokeshipping without any on-screen romance because the 2 of them can't go separate ways without splitting the butterfrees up.

Srsddf4781

I saw an interesting idea pitched: In the upcoming episode with Butterfree, Misty pushes her fear of bugs aside and captures the pink butterfree, thus allowing a win-win scenario where Ash has his butterfree & it still has its mate. Not only would it be a big character development moment for Misty, but it'd a way of effectively confirming Pokeshipping without any on-screen romance because the 2 of them can't go separate ways without splitting the butterfrees up.
Please tell me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the pink butterfee already have a trainer? I can’t remember it’s been so long. Regardless, she’s got him already with this already; so you’re definitely right in that he can’t just up and leave her yet. Corphish and Clauncher got that bromance going on.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Serena would have to not show up at all, or they would have to retroactively change a huge part of her character.

I don’t think the writers have the guts (or the time) to show someone being heartbroken in a Japanese kids show like Pokemon, especially when it’s a popular romance trope. Inazuma eleven had to make an "alternate route" of sorts in GO because of this.
They really don't have to show her heartbroken, just evolved into an independent person who grew out of the crush or found someone new.

greninjamaster

They really don't have to show her heartbroken, just evolved into an independent person who grew out of the crush or found someone new.
you mean like they did when she came back for her cameo in Journeys?

You know deep inside I'm sure team rocket is happy Misty is back, they called her the original brat girl.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

Loving the resurgence of PokeS love on Twitter and other spots, forgot how much I appreciated Kasumi/Satoshi's dynamic as a whole. I love them leaning into Satoshi's more "little ****" aspects it almost reminds me of a kid becoming more of a slightly more banter-ish teen with him having becoming World Champion. All the eye drawn animation, you could tell Tomoika worked his magic here and respected both characters' histories.

AARTX

Dead inside…
Which is funny, because it basically means she failed the ultimate goal that she proclaimed at the end of XY. Also kind of OOC for her to give up when She hasn’t even met Misty yet.

But anyways we shall see in the remaining episodes. Who knows, maybe she won’t appear at all, and Poke will win by default

Or nothing gets confirmed

Last edited:

Srsddf4781

Loving the resurgence of PokeS love on Twitter and other spots, forgot how much I appreciated Kasumi/Satoshi's dynamic as a whole. I love them leaning into Satoshi's more "little ****" aspects it almost reminds me of a kid becoming more of a slightly more banter-ish teen with him having becoming World Champion. All the eye drawn animation, you could tell Tomoika worked his magic here and respected both characters' histories.
This is amazing stuff; it’s like everyone who’s grown up with this series is coming out of, well, everywhere to support Ash and Misty. I’m proud to be a 90’s kid. Amazing fan art find btw!

greninjamaster

This is amazing stuff; it’s like everyone who’s grown up with this series is coming out of, well, everywhere to support Ash and Misty. I’m proud to be a 90’s kid. Amazing fan art find btw!
So many people were like wait Ash and Misty are back together in Pokemon, I literally haven't watched in 20 years lol.

I wasn't kidding when I said probably 90% of Pokemon fans have no idea who the hell Serena is but every single person on this planet knows who Misty is. She was the female lead when Pokemon was a global sensation.

And now the queen is back at her rightful place.

Last edited:

Ashmisty

So many people were like wait Ash and Misty are back together in Pokemon, I literally haven't watched in 20 years lol.

I wasn't kidding when I said probably 90% of Pokemon fans have no idea who the hell Serena is but every single person on this planet knows who Misty is. She was the female lead when Pokemon was a global sensation.

And now the queen is back at her rightful place.
I remember how popular Pokémon was back in the days. The slapstick comedy played a huge role as well. Everyone knew who Ash, Misty and Brock were! The original gang, their dynamics, interactions with others, character development, it all was so natural and nothing looked forced. Ash was a sass king as well! His personality was interesting and it wasn’t only about battling all the time. So of course they would give a tribute to the original gang in Ash’s final arc. They were the reason the anime became so successful in the first place. Misty was truly a queen. No damsel in distress, sassy, funny, bold, opinionated, a no nonsense girl who could kick anyone including Ash’s ass! Love her so much! So happy to see my girl back!

greninjamaster

I remember how popular Pokémon was back in the days. The slapstick comedy played a huge role as well. Everyone knew who Ash, Misty and Brock were! The original gang, their dynamics, interactions with others, character development, it all was so natural and nothing looked forced. Ash was a sass king as well! His personality was interesting and it wasn’t only about battling all the time. So of course they would give a tribute to the original gang in Ash’s final arc. They were the reason the anime became so successful in the first place. Misty was truly a queen. No damsel in distress, sassy, funny, bold, opinionated, a no nonsense girl who could kick anyone including Ash’s ass! Love her so much! So happy to see my girl back!
People really don't understand how big the Pokemon anime got in the OG that's why they're doing this. Making the OS a big focus in Ash's final journey because it's bringing the entire show full circle.

I remember when the poster came out and some posters were in some big denial and said it's just an homage to the first poster. No it wasn't, it was telling you that this was gonna be a full circle to the OS.

Ashmisty

People really don't understand how big the Pokemon anime got in the OG that's why they're doing this. Making the OS a big focus in Ash's final journey because it's bringing the entire show full circle.

I remember when the poster came out and some posters were in some big denial and said it's just an homage to the first poster. No it wasn't, it was telling you that this was gonna be a full circle to the OS.
Exactly. So many people like me who stopped watching the show a long time ago are coming back. The Pokémon team knows what it’s doing. If Misty wasn’t so popular in the first place they wouldn’t keep bringing her back. People literally grew up watching the OS trio. The best Pokémon days for me!

Srsddf4781

Idk if 90 percent of the fans don’t know whom Serena is, but I know for a fact that those who watched this series grow from its inception are coming back to watch the last 11 episodes. Heck, it made the news on NBC last week; people are feeling the nostalgia. I agree that it’s only right Misty be the main traveling companion. She, with Brock, Ash and Pikachu began a sensation that the series has never managed to return to. My cousin I grew up with looked up to Misty as a young girl; someone who could take care of herself and be ‘no nonsense’ without diminishing her femininity.

greninjamaster

Idk if 90 percent of the fans don’t know whom Serena is, but I know for a fact that those who watched this series grow from its inception are coming back to watch the last 11 episodes. Heck, it made the news on NBC last week; people are feeling the nostalgia. I agree that it’s only right Misty be the main traveling companion. She, with Brock, Ash and Pikachu began a sensation that the series has never managed to return to. My cousin I grew up with looked up to Misty as a young girl; someone who could take care of herself and be ‘no nonsense’ without diminishing her femininity
We didn't know it then but she was one of the archtypes for the tsundere lol.

I just think there's something so significant that Misty is going to be a part of Ash's endgame in his final journey. If other characters return it's just as cameos, which means there's a story to be build for the OG trio in this final journey.

Pokeshipping is 25+ years in the making. Also I laugh at anyone that compares Pokeshipping to Narusaku.

If Misty is Sakura where's her douchebag emo toxic love interest because that's literally the only reason NS never became endgame, because Sakura was obsessed with Sasuke from the first episode no matter what he did to her. Also I laugh at anyone that tells me Serena is Hinata, Hinata was a supporting character from Day One. Serena is introduced 800+ episodes into the anime.

Also Misty and Ash just got connected by the red string of fate the same way Naruto and Hinata were connected by that retcon scene in the final movie where during Naruto's childhood Hinata was there for him which was never referenced ever in the manga. That is one god awful movie every Naruto fan hates, except those that ship NH.

Last edited: