• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Question

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Only the black-skinned character design is taboo over here. The purple-skinned version is still acceptable.

(What, am I talking to a brick wall here?)

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Jesse GS the II said:

I can tell you from experience that you are. People refuse to believe that their precious show could contain anything as scandalous as a character who resembles a racist stereotype.

You can throw out facts until your face is as purple as Rougela's, but it won't make a difference to the people who just don't see it.

Chris

Old Coot
If I remember something correctly, Rougela was still black in the Japanese carts of Gold and Silver. However, she was turned purple in Crystal and was made purple for the releases of Gold and Silver outside of Japan. Can't exactly check that up since I don't have either copy. >_>

I can say that it's NOT the whole "SARS" crap, because that's nothing but false rumors by fans. Geki, for the love of all that's mighty, stop being the odd one of the group who thinks he knows what he's talking about. You've been wrong on several of these occassions several times. STOP with the false and misinformed information.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
I must ask, if Jynx is banned. In the UK why do Toonami continue to show the Holiday Hi-Jynx from Kanto. Why is this episode now banned now because when Toonami air it Jynx is still black. No one seems to moan about it either.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
kaibachaoschampion said:
I must ask, if Jynx is banned. In the UK why do Toonami continue to show the Holiday Hi-Jynx from Kanto. Why is this episode now banned now because when Toonami air it Jynx is still black. No one seems to moan about it either.
I dunno, but they never show the episode in America.

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
Kamex said:
I dunno, but they never show the episode in America.
Yes they did show Holiday Hi-Jynx in America it was shown after the Mr. Mime episode. Jynx is no longer banned anywhere since the skin color has been changed. The only episode that it was banned in was the Ice Cave ep, which is the reason for this topic. This topic could probably be closed since the question was answered. Quick review here

Jynx was banned due to its Taboo black skin.
The Ice Cave ep was banned because of Jynx.
Jynx's skin was changed to Purple in C/G/S and now Anime.
Jynx has been unbanned everywhere since its no longer a taboo pokemon.
Episodes featuring Jynx in the feature will be shown in America.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
kaibachaoschampion said:

Because the UK != the US.

DeoxysTrainer

Veteran Trainer
Anyway,Why arent the episodes with Mr.PoPo banned then,he has black skin and red lips,(not going off topic)He is also in DBZ BT

K

Kyle Delta

Also jinx is not a sterotype I have seen black women that look close to jinx chris can back me up on this right.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
RaikousThunder said:
Yes they did show Holiday Hi-Jynx in America it was shown after the Mr. Mime episode.
After its premiere? I don't recall.

Kyle Delta said:
Also jinx is not a sterotype I have seen black women that look close to jinx chris can back me up on this right.
If you've seen black women that look close to Jynx why do you say it's not a stereotype? Did you word your sentence wrong?

DeoxysTrainer

Veteran Trainer
Jesse GS the II said:
DoxysTrainer and Kyle Delta have to shut up right now.

I'm taking the week off. This board is too collectively uneducated for me.
Thats DeoxysTrainer and who do u think u are,and if its uneducated for u then leave this thread

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
This thread is all based on one thing: DISCRIMINATION, the evil ethnocentristic stupidity that is spread all over the world.
Whoopee.
Anyway, I think it's just plain wrong to make a Pokemon a racial srereotype. Thank God Jynx is now purple. But was the black thing really it's face? I wonder the same thing with Snorunt.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
DeoxysTrainer said:
Anyway,Why arent the episodes with Mr.PoPo banned then,he has black skin and red lips,(not going off topic)He is also in DBZ BT

Indeed I should ask the same question, hes just a completely coal black skin with red lips, no one ever complained about him.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
You know, I'm not gonna argue the above point because I know I'm just gonna make myself mad again.

However, I will say that "Pokémon" fans need to realize that the black-skinned Rougela IS a racist stereotype. Just because you don't want her to be, or don't understand how she can be, that doesn't make your belief right.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Jesse GS the II said:

Is that to nearly everybody else here? I thought it was about me partly at first.

Anyway, I first believed the SARS thing, but one thing: If EE was right about the Japanese G/S having black Jynx's, did the recoloured one come out after the Ice Cave ep?