• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Remember When...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire Milotic

Do you remember when Pokemon first came out and it was the most amazing thing to strike this earth? When Pokemon was new and young, it was the most amazing thing you could ever have played. I loved it so much! The oldies had a great role to follow, I wish that they made the newer games like that now. I think that Nintendo and the Pokemon Company really need to spend more time on their products rather than nuking them. The only good ones are the classic capturing Pokemon. All those other types of Pokemon games are doing horrible, and is giving Pokemon a bad reputation. We really need to get back to the old days where you could play Pokemon Blue all day long. The games are much too easy now, and do not have much of a point. :( Everything for the Game Boy and Game Boy Color were awesome and so much fun to play with, now you can beat the newer games in one day... It feels like it is losing its point. :( Sure, they can be a bit fun, but the older ones they took much more time into and were actually enjoyable and more difficult. Especially the elite four in Pokemon Blue, Red, and Yellow. Please discuss about this matter, and what you think should be done. ;-;

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster

And yet, it moves!
Blinded by nostalgia?

I think so.

Sapphire Milotic

I'm not blinded by nostalgia, it's just that everything back then was better than it is now in my eyes. I am not a big fan of the Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, they are very cheesy, and I don't even enjoy playing them that much, I just like basic old Pokemon.

But thanks for the new word, I will use that to describe myself now. :)

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
I wish that they made the newer games like that now. I think that Nintendo and the Pokemon Company really need to spend more time on their products rather than nuking them

nintendo doesn't nuke their products Sapphire Milotic i think what they do is part of a marketingstrategy, the older mario games were lesser played classics before the wii came out and because of that they ported over alot of those games for on the wii so people start playing them again, there also is a rumor that blue,red,gold,silver, and crystal will be re-released for on the DS in the exact same way they should look so don't say they nuke their things, nintendo has some of the finest advisors and i doubt that they will leave a once popular thing behind to die.

The only good ones are the classic capturing Pokemon. All those other types of Pokemon games are doing horrible

by your opinion yes but the statistics are the opposide of your opinion, i don't exactly know how many D/P copies there are sold so if anyone knows please tell, pokemon lies real close to mario i've heard and there are countless fans around the world both young and old still enjoying both the the older and the newer games, sure there are people saying that there are some things in it that suck like there was alot of disagreement begin last year about the new pokemons suck but nowadays almost everybody is using them without problems so it was only a matter of getting used to it just like you have to get used to new games.

Everything for the Game Boy and Game Boy Color were awesome and so much fun to play with, now you can beat the newer games in one day... It feels like it is losing its point. :( Sure, they can be a bit fun, but the older ones they took much more time into and were actually enjoyable and more difficult

not everything in the gameboy era was fun don't overdo it please, i have to admitt that games were more difficult back then because you only had 3 lives and nothing more most of the time and that's also the reason why i still havn't finished double dragon on my pocket yet and i got that game on my birthday in 1996 but it also becomes boring after a while with some games, if i am beating alot of levels in a game with much trouble and keep dying in the end and have to start all over again from the beginning then even i get bored, new games with save states and automatic saves are to prefent the player to be forced to start over a complete game which is now a complete movie with a good story if you took away the option to play, it's like reading a book's first 50 pages repeatedly it's very annoying and eventually you give up, games have a big story in it now it wouldn't be fun if you don't know the ending because you are out of lives in the middle of an intensive game and story.

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Pokemon Red and Blue are cool, but they're not the best games in the series. I actually like having more Pokemon, since I don't really like most of the uncreative first generation Pokemon.

btw I think this belongs in GPD.

Last edited:

Shaymin~

Another Kanto freak ranting about "the good ole days...." and claiming that the new games are awful in comparison. Nothing special here.

And yes, this is in the wrong section.

Shiny pokemon lower

Personally I like the First generation and its pokemon best.

Yes, it was spesical! I byed it after watching the anime episodes. Back at that time I don't cared about the bad graffic or the pint voise music. It just was like the other games were back at that time. To gether with an friend we caught evry pokemon exept Mew.

The newer games isnt ill either. But I find many of the pokemon there as clones of the older ones. But I will still buy the games! I can imagine what the graffic will be like! I just hope they won't change the game consept/style in some ways...

Glajummy

Why so S E R I O U S
The main reason I loved the first generation was because of the fact that it was first gen; it was something that was totally new to me. Unless the entire concept of Pokemon is changed in the future games, nothing will ever bring back the feelings I had for the first generation games.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I remember, I played it endlessly, I went to my friend's house, and we played it, I went home I played it, I woke up and I played it, I went to bed and I played it, and when I wasn't playing it, I was at my friend's house playing Pokemon as a real life roleplay. xD It was like my favorite thing ever. It still ranks up there, but when it first came out, it was like... I can't even explain it.

esm8m

Pokémaniac
While the older games were fun, and there is nothing like playing something for the very first time, I'd like to dispute most of the main arguments here.

First off, the only Pokémon game I've ever gotten to the Elite Four in one day in was Crystal Version. The older games were not necessarily more challenging (I can beat Bugsy in two hours, or pretty much, whenever I'm bored and want to have another go at my dead Crystal), it simply seemed so because we weren't as good back then.

Secondly, the new games have much more value per file. In the old games, you beat the Elite Four, that was it. You couldn't rebattle trainers, couldn't go crazy and go for a black trainer card, both of which raise the value per file exponentially. In addition, there were no challenges like the Battle Tower, only one new area post Elite Four, really nothing to keep you playing after beating the Elite Four. Sure, there was the Pokédex, which I couldn't finish back when I played first gen (...I only played my Blue 40 hours. Yes, pathetic. I know.), but it really only had 151 Pokémon. I'm certain that if I put in the time and effort, I could finish it in just a couple of months. Compared to my Sapphire and Pearl, Blue seems like nothing.

Finally, the spinoffs. They've always been there. ALWAYS. It's not a new phenomenon, and I think that they are actually better than they used to be. Overall opinion of PMD, for example, is overwhelmingly positive. It's seen as having a great plot, and offers a challenge. Compare this to, say, the TCG game for Gameboy, a Kanto era spinoff. Fun, but really just the normal games condensed. It offered nothing new, whereas PMD and Ranger did. As for sales...
Bulbanews said:
According to Media Create, the new Nintendo DS games, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Time and Darkness Expeditions, have sold a total of 568,888 units in its first week, with 300,295 units of the Time version and 268,593 units of the Darkness version sold. The combined sales put Pokémon Mystery Dungeon at the #1 spot for the week Sept. 10 - 16, beating the PSP game Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, which was released on the same day.
So there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.