• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saban now owns the CW4kids block.

rocky505

Last edited:

rocky505

But i liked 4Kids Dubs :(
I liked a few of them but this had to happen as 4Kids were on the verge of Bankruptcy. Saban made Digimon amazing maybe he can try and get Yu-Gi-oh back to what it was years ago.

Gibran

Swag Nation™

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I've seen the doc mentioning the classic Thundercats series as well....

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
and for some reason Cabbage Patch Kids(Gag)

Well they got to cover the girls market some how.

I liked a few of them but this had to happen as 4Kids were on the verge of Bankruptcy.

Yay.

Saban made Digimon amazing maybe he can try and get Yu-Gi-oh back to what it was years ago.

That's depend on if Saban wants to stick close to the source material.

Also we have no idea if Saban will redub the original series or release un-cut DVD, although I am guessing that they won't.

I hardly watch anime since i hardly know of any good animes so most of the anime i have seen is 4kids Dubs on tv

You do realise that you could watch some better dub animé on the internet and I mean legit streaming site like crunchy roll. You only think that 4kids are good because it is they are only animé that you watched.

Twentington

Outta here!
I never understood all the hate for 4Kids, to be more than honest. What did they do to receive all the hate?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I never understood all the hate for 4Kids, to be more than honest. What did they do to receive all the hate?

The most infamous dub they did was One Piece. That's where the majority of the hate comes from, and they hadn't recovered from that black spot.

Anyway, it was about time someone else bought the block. 4KIDS has just been holding on so long with what they have. They're not going to be able to recover, so it makes sense that the block would be owned by someone else now. I think they're still going to be around for a little bit, but eventually they'll shut down.

If Al Kahn hadn't been a selfish bastard, then the company wouldn't be hurting as much as it has been, but what can you do.

Zazie

So 1991
and for some reason Cabbage Patch Kids(Gag)

OH NO! A girl cartoon. I don't want girl cartoons on my cartoon block, then they will show commercials for girl toys and I will have to watch them. Don't they know girls don't watch cartoons.

You're the only one.

4kids did Pokemon, and gave us the kickass theme song and English team rocket motto. That alone gives them brownie points.

rocky505

The only shows I ever watched on CW4kids were the Yu-gi-oh series and occasionally Sonic X. I didn't watch DBZ Kai because of some of the horrible edits they did to it(Blue Mr. Popo) Hopefully this could be the rebirth of Fox Kids though.

7 tyranitars

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
The most infamous dub they did was One Piece. That's where the majority of the hate comes from, and they hadn't recovered from that black spot.

The problem was that One Piece did not fit with their style of editing, clearly 4kids just looked what was popular in Japan and brought the One Piece license without doing any research what so ever.

A mistake that cost them dearly and left a black spot on One Piece record.

OH NO! A girl cartoon. I don't want girl cartoons on my cartoon block, then they will show commercials for girl toys and I will have to watch them. Don't they know girls don't watch cartoons.

Can't tell if you are being serous or not, but girls do watch cartoon.

4kids did Pokemon, and gave us the kickass theme song and English team rocket motto. That alone gives them brownie points.

Anyone could have done that, so no it doesn't give them brownie points.

If anything it just gives the person who came up with it brownie points.

Jb

Tsun in the streets

They murdered Tokyo Mew Mew. They renamed it Mew Mew Power like kids knowing about Japan would cut their life short or something. They will never be forgiven.

Can't tell if you are being serous or not, but girls do watch cartoon.

Anyone could have done that, so no it doesn't give them brownie points.

If anything it just gives the person who came up with it brownie points.

She's clearly joking. I'm going to agree with her on Pokemon. While some of the edit's were questionable the dub itself was pretty good. Ash had a better voice, Team Rocket's motto is still pretty boss compared to what the hell they're doing now. Hell, I still remember it despite not watching Pokemon since the 4th grade.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
They murdered Tokyo Mew Mew. They renamed it Mew Mew Power like kids knowing about Japan would cut their life short or something. They will never be forgiven.

At least they called it Mew Mew Power and not Hollywood Mew Mew like what they were planning to do

Taichi

4kids had some awesome opening songs though.
Here's hoping Saban buys the rights to Xros Wars or something.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
At least they called it Mew Mew Power and not Hollywood Mew Mew like what they were planning to do

Oh God, really? Wow, 4KIDS.

Though honestly, why not name them "New York Mew Mew" since they're stationed in New York? Tokyo is like the New York of Japan anyway.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

This.

It makes me wonder sometime if 4kids are racist toward the Japanese.

She's clearly joking.

Glass Eye is a girl?! o_O;

I thought she was a boy.

I'm going to agree with her on Pokemon. While some of the edit's were questionable the dub itself was pretty good.

I still think any dubbing company could done it and the end result would have been about the same.

Now don't take this as me say "Oh Pokémon would have be so much better if 4kids didn't dubbed it."

I have no problem with the 4Kids dubbing of Pokémon, well apart from the jelly filled donut bit I saw through them.

Ash had a better voice,

That's your opinion plus the fact you are blinded by nostalgia.

There is nothing wrong with Ash's voice at all.

Team Rocket's motto is still pretty boss compared to what the hell they're doing now.

Again opinion plus the fact you are blinded by nostalgia.

Hell, I still remember it despite not watching Pokemon since the 4th grade.

It's because you grew up watching it so you would easily remember it, hell I can remember Budgie the Little Helicopter theme song despite the fact that I haven't watch the show since I was 6 years old.

Nostalgia is a very powerful thing and can cloud the mind.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
4Kids still hasn't dubbed YuGiOh GX Season 4, so good riddance.