• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Beginning of a New End. AAMistyL

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Ahh, Forrest. I've been wanting to see him in action.

And now we don't have to deal with Misty's cooking anymore. Thank goodness.

And when they lock eyes...so kawaii!!!

Brock didn't join them? All the more chances for Pokeshippy moments to happen...*stares off into space*...*sighs dreamily*

All of them are in character...great descriptions...good length...humor...and the most important element...Pokeshippiness!!!

Overall, a great chappie!!!

Yeah, Brock sits and stays but makes an appearance later on. If you liked that eye lock you are going to die from happiness when you get to another!! *giggles hysterically*

Ahh, the one thing you haven't mentioned...Pikachu...he's a bad little rodent ;) *cackles* You never realise how much that little wee beastie has to do with everything until you write him in...

This is getting better and better everytime! Good job!

Good to hear!

That scene I was going to include in the last chapter has been put in later and fits with the rest of the fic much much better and I have a very lubbly moments methinks...

EDIT: Have decided on the spur of the moment to name the chapters from here on and release the chapter names the day before the chapter appears. Anyways: Chapter 10: The Quiet Before a Storm

Last edited:
Esperon, i sent you a PM, you were supposed to read and comment on my fic, just like i did :D remember:)

You really are amazing on how you describe the battle scenes very good indeed :D

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Yes I know but I only had 20mins online earlier. If you go to your fic you will see I have posted a reply. please be patient! you may think i have all the time in the world to write this stuff and all that cos i have a chapter up every other day but the truth is i've written the whole thing and just have to upload a new chapter each time i update. School is a big thing for me.

But yeah, glad you like the battle! (took a lot of watching of the end of the hoenn league to get battle sequences in my mind to create my own!)

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
I just wanted to add something.

On a lot of Pokeship fics I read, a lot of times Ash is made so much more powerful than the other candidates, like he has some sort of power, or is drastically better and more skilled than the other trainers around. I like the way you make things subtle, but not as subtle as the actual anime. Instead of making him stand out, you give small hints that increase in amount from chapter to chapter-i.e the difficult win at the hoenn championships, the way Azurill seems to mark him as his "daddy", the meditating scene at the waterfall, Pikachu (mischievious little rodent, he is), the notable personality changes, etc. That is what gives your Pokeship fic its unique flavor.

Just thought i should tell you that.

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Thank you so much! I don't think I've ever had such a lovely comment!

I'm pleased that you seemed ok with him winning the championships, when thinking of this idea that was something I did debate about for quite some time...then the battle wrote itself and I decided what the heck!

I just hope the rest of the fic meets your expectations!

EDIT: please feel free to speculate over the next chapter. I won't be doing spoilers as chapters come out quite close together, other than the chapter titles of course. I will not comment or mention on any speculations but it would be nice to hear ideas that I might be able to throw about a bit and turn into a different fic later. Plus help with other people's inspiration. Speculating over the next chapter may help people lose their writer's block!

Last edited:

Esperon

An old PS luva!
And here is Chapter 10! Enjoy ;) *cackles* I likes this chappie!

Chapter 10 - The Quiet Before a Storm

The day was drawing to a close as Ash and Misty set up camp, putting some original Brocko pancakes to warm on a flat stone over the fire.

"You know, I think I'm going to have to ration how much ketchup Pikachu gets...I think he's getting a little fat..." commented Ash as his pokemon gobbled a bottle, only pausing to glare at his trainer and let off a few warning sparks.

"I think you're right...either less ketchup or more training!" agreed Misty with a giggle, checking the pancakes so that they wouldn't burn. "It's nice that we can sleep out tonight. I've forgotten how great it is to sleep under the stars."

"Yeah, plus we don't have to set up the tents!" said Ash, pinching a pancake from the flat stone, burning his hands and mouth in the process.

"Serves you right!" laughed Misty, "If you were just a little more patient they'd be perfect without you burning yourself!"

"Yeah, yeah, you sound like my mother sometimes!" he replied, sucking his fingers.

"Oi!" Misty playfully shoved him over before handing him a plate, avoiding the ketchup fest that was Pikachu.

"Thanks. So what do you want to do when we get to Cerulean? Last time I remember going there, you were less than pleased to make it to the Gym."

"Well, I thought about that earlier and I think I'll come with you. Last time, it was me leaving them, this time it was them shoving me out the door. From that, I'm hoping they won't try to get me to stay!" she cut a little bit of pancake to feed to Azurill. "Hmm, I wonder if there will be any badges left though... If not, I'll just have to make you one, if you win that is of course!"

"Oh, I'll win easily!" he responded confidently, and then as an after though added, "You can make badges?"

"Oh yeah, I can do than you think! Had to do something with my time when I returned to the Gym between battles."

They ate the rest of their meal in silence, each contemplating their times spent away in the Cerulean Gym and Hoenn. Expecting a fight on who was going to do the washing up, Misty was pleasantly surprised when Ash stood up and asked for her plate and walking off in the direction of the stream. After such a pleasant, non argumentative evening, both decided to turn in early. However neither slept for a long time, staring at the stars and reminiscing on past times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Ow...my neck!' was the first thought to cross Misty's mind the next morning before sniffing the air and detecting the aroma of breakfast. Sitting up she saw Ash chatting to Pikachu and Phanpy, who was nibbling and playing with a rice ball. Seeing Misty was awake, Ash told her that breakfast would soon be ready. Not wanting to eat before having a quick wash, she gathered her clothes and headed for the stream, releasing her pokemon to have a play as she did.

Fifteen minutes later, she returned and was pleased to see that the food was not burnt but pleasantly edible. "My turn to do the dishes now!" she took Ash's, Pikachu's, Phanpy's and Azurill's bowls and headed for the stream. Immersed in her own world, her head shot up when she heard her name called. Dropping the bowls, she raced back to their base camp, kicking herself for not having any of her pokemon with her. The scene at camp showed Team Rocket in a Donphan mecha, Pikachu and Phanpy were caught in a cage on the end of the Donphan's trunk. Ash and Azurill were trapped under a net that was pinned to the ground. Its mesh was so fine that he couldn't release a pokemon out of the net and any pokemon released under the net would be cut to ribbons as it tried to expand under the close confines of the net.

"Awww look James, the twerp brought the twerpette along with him!" laughed Jessie from within the mecha. "Too bad she can't hit back!"

Growling, Misty looked for her bag before James swung the red sac from within the mecha, "Oh were you looking for these?" he asked, holding up her pokeballs. "The boss will be pleased with this little catch!"

"You give back my pokemon!" she yelled, trying to glare down TR, only increasing their merriment. Running to the net, she struggled to remove the pins in the ground holding the net down. She managed to release one, and then two, giving Azurill room to get out. "Come on Azurill, water gun!"

"What could that puny little - Blea!" said Jessie, coming out of the mecha and getting blasted by the water gun attack. "Grr, you'll pay for that!" she hopped back in the mecha, closing the door and pressing the big red button on the control panel. The mecha rolled up and span forward in a rollout attack, cutting a pathway through the trees.

"Argh! Get back here!" Misty took off after the mecha, grabbing Azurill as she ran. Unable to get out from under the net, Ash released Cawphish through the gap. A quick vicegrip attack shredded the net and he took off after Misty.

Stupidly, Team Rocket forgot that when the mecha did a rollout, so did they and were thrown around inside. James dropped Misty's pokeballs, releasing Psyduck, Staryu and Gyarados. The rolling sensation soon sent Gyarados into a rage, firing off hyper beams and hydro pump attacks. The electrics soon fried and the mecha came out of its rollout position, smashing against some huge rocks.

"Alright, now I'll teach you to mess with me! Azurill, Staryu, water gun attack!" cried Misty as she arrived on the scene, followed closely by Ash.

"Seviper go, Poison Tail!"

"Cacnea, Needle Arm! Nooooo!" cried James as he released Cacnea and received a prickly hug. "Oh where did I go wrong! Attack them not me!" Cacnea left James in peace, her arms glowing as she came at Azurill and Staryu.

"Hey buddy, are you ok?" asked Ash when he found Pikachu and Phanpy. Pikachu was confused and dizzy from the ride in the mecha but, Phanpy, used to the rolling sensation was up for a battle. "Ok Phanpy, Rollout, go!"

Phanpy gave a little trumpet in reply before rolling up into a ball and colliding with Cacnea, knocking her out.

"Hey, that's not fair with three on two!" cried James as he saw his pokemon fall.

"So? Since when were you fair on us!" replied Misty, ordering a rapid spin from Staryu that knocked out Seviper, sending him smacking into Jessie. Another rollout from Phanpy sent Team Rocket flying off and out of sight. "Ahh, you know what, I've kinda missed fighting Team Rocket." said Misty, satisfied at the rather spectacular take off from Team Rocket before checking and returning her pokemon.

"But gets very repetitive after time!" commented Ash as they made their way back to the camp site before setting off for Cerulean City.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not stopping, except for a brief lunch, they reached Mt Moon just as dusk was beginning to draw in. Hoping to pass through the mountain before making camp, the group continued on through the dark tunnel.

"Oh, how cute, hello little one" said Misty as a tiny Cleffa trotted past them, followed by an exasperated looking Clefairy, who appeared to be its mother. Following the moon pokemon, they came out at a familiar cavern. Cleffa, Clefairy and Clefable danced around a huge moon stone as the moon could be seen rising over the top of the stone. The light shining through the stone caused the light to split and shine all around the cavern, glittering. "It's so beautiful" murmured Misty.

"Not as beautiful as you..." replied Ash under his breath, glancing at her.

Unsure of what he'd said, Misty faced him to ask "What was that?"

"Oh, nothing." whispered Ash, looking at the pokemon again to end the conversation. Deciding to rest the case, Misty watched in awe when a few Clefairy approached the base of the stone where fragments lay. Picking them up the Clefairy began to glow and their shape changed as they evolved into Clefable. Feeling that they had intruded enough, Ash motioned to Misty that they should leave. Reluctantly, she followed and they emerged on the other side of the mountain soon after. Too tired to set up tents or a fire, they chose some rice cakes for their evening meal before climbing into their sleeping bags.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CRASH! BANG! THUNDER! Out of no where, a thunderstorm opened directly above Ash and Misty, waking them both into a raining, thundering darkness with sporadic flashing of light to illuminate the scene. Disorientated, they fumbled for their bags, checking Pikachu and Azurill who was returned to her ball to prevent her getting too scared.

"We have to get out of the open!" yelled Ash, struggling to be heard over the roar of the wind and rain.

"Very observant smart ***, anywhere you suggest!" replied Misty, beginning to shiver in the wet.

Blindly they ran for what they hoped to be a thick forest but turned out to be only a few dead trees with no leaves and no cover from the rain. "We'll just have to set the tents up, it's all we can do!" Together, they worked on the first tent, struggling to prevent it from flying off into the air. Finally, after successfully putting up the first of two one-man tents, they discovered a rip in the second tent, making it completely useless. Squeezing into the tent they contemplated what to do. Hoping it was near to dawn, they were dismayed to find it was 2:15 in the morning, still a long time before normal waking hours. Both too tired to think of an alternative arrangement they pulled out their wet sleeping bags and tried to fit comfortably.

It was a few hours later when Ash awoke and it took him a while to work out what the soft, inconsistent breeze was on his face. Opening his eyes a crack he found his face was only a few inches from Misty. His automatic movement was to pull away, but then he noticed she was shivering, her teeth chattering in her sleep. She was lying on her back and shifted her position in her sleep, subconsciously trying to find a source of warmth. Tentatively, Ash reached out an arm and wrapped it around her waist, pulling his sleeping bag over Misty. Gradually the shivering stopped and her
teeth ended their chattering protest to the cold. Not quite knowing what feeling it was that urged him to carry out his actions, he gradually closed his eyes and drifted into unconsciousness.

Pikachu was the first to awaken in the morning. He had been stuck at the top of the tent with less room that a Pichu would be happy with. Grumpy and stiff he flexed his muscles and noticed Ash and Misty were still asleep. Charging up for a thunderbolting wake up he noticed that the two teens were much closer that they had been the previous night. Smiling at the sight and pleased his little claws had been of some use last night when backs were turned, he bounded over those asleep
and out into the bight morning. The sun was shining with no clouds in the sky and you could never have guessed that a storm as ferocious as the one last night could have occurred in the last 24 hours. Peering into a small puddle of water he scrunched up his face when he spied how terrible he looked and sincerely hoped he wouldn't have to battle later that day.

Turning he could see the occupants of the tiny tent beginning to stir and peeked his head through the flaps as Ash and Misty uncomfortably got up, both embarrassed at the position they had awoken to. As Ash emerged first his first pokemon flashed him a cheeky grin before scampering off.

Glaring grumpily after his pokemon he observed their position, noting that the mountain was now further away, hopefully in the right direction. They had camped not far from the road and he could see the dark strip cutting through the landscape. Finding that most of their food was ruined by the rain, they continued onwards, stopping when fruit trees bordered the road, providing fresh food for their breakfast.

"Typical," stated Misty, looking up at the top of the tree. "Why is it that all the best fruit is at the top of the tree, well out of reach!"

"Who said it was out of reach?" cheekily responded Ash, dropping his pack and beginning to climb to the tree's summit.

"Be careful!" called Misty, obviously worried, something the ever observant Pikachu noted.

"I'll be fine!" said Ash, gathering a few apples that were big, red and ripe. Wanting to get more he pulled himself up to another branch and lent his weight on a bough that wasn't quite strong enough. The only warning he had was the ominous creaking as the wood snapped, sending Ash plunging back to earth.

"Ash! ASH!" screamed Misty, dropping her bag and grabbing him by the shoulders. "Ash are you ok? ASH!"

"I'm fine Misty! Now will you please let go...thank you...want an apple?" he asked, sitting up and taking a few out of his pocket.

BONK! "That is for being such a jerk!" the trusty mallet strikes again. She continued down the road munching an apple, not stopping for Ash to catch up.

"Pi pi pikapi" (Come on Ash) said Pikachu, lightly tapping his trainer's face to bring him back to alertness.

With a sigh Ash got to his feet murmuring "I only did it for her..." and walking off after his friend. Worried, Pikachu bounded forwards and hopped onto his trainer's shoulder, his presence to comfort in silence and stare blankly at the road ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
This is so romantic, how Ash gets the apples for Misty...........

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Hang on, Pikachu ripped the tent? Bad Pikachu. :mad: Buuuuuuuuuut, he did induce some more kawaii Pokeshippiness...so I'll forgive you this time. ;) You're lucky they didn't catch a cold or worse.

So...a non-argumantive day, a night with Clefairy, a cuddle, a small romantic act resulting in an small injury and a small argument involving...dun-duh-duh, the Mallet!!! Yayz for Mallet! :) Ah, the shippiness...*squeal*...my cheeks are hurting from non-stop smiling...:D

Last edited:

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Hang on, Pikachu ripped the tent? Bad Pikachu. > Buuuuuuuuuut, he did induce some more kawaii Pokeshippiness...so I'll forgive you this time. You're lucky they didn't catch a cold or worse. >

So...a non-argumantive day, a night with Clefairy, a cuddle, a small romantic act resulting in an small injury and a small argument involving...dun-duh-duh, the Mallet!!! Yayz for Mallet! Ah, the shippiness...*squeal*...my cheeks are hurting from non-stop smiling...

Oh yeah, that little pokemon is SO useful in shippy fics, people do not give him enough credit!

I can see you like the mallet, if so I'll see if it can be brought in a bit more later in the fic, not sure I've brought it out again...

I don't want to sound great and full of how excellent I must think I am to say what I'm about to say, but if your cheeks hurt from that little chapter, not sure you should keep reading cos they very well might fall off!

PS have got to the last chapter or two (there are 20 or 21 chapters to this ficcy btw) and to the major shippyness...I'm slowly killing myself in the way my idea is comming out, and seems to be comming out just how I want, if not a bit better...SQUEEEEEEE!!

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Well, I guess it's time for the chapter name now...

Chapter 10 - Cerulean Calls!

*cough* yeah I know that's a pretty terrible title...seriously wished I hadn't decided to try and name the chapters now, can't decide whether to go like the cheesy american names of the statmented jp names...meh!

Please speculate if you get bored, I'd love to hear where you think this fic will go next!

Esperon

Esperon

An old PS luva!
He he, you're right about the Cerulean bit (hmmm that wasn't obvious in any way...) anyways, here is chapter 11:

Chapter 11 - Cerulean Calls

They reached Cerulean City not long after lunch and headed straight for the Gym. "You better beat
them quickly cos I don't want to hang around here longer than we have to!" saig Misty as she opened
the door to the Gym with her back. "At least there isn't a show on for once!" Bracing himself for
the sisterly onslaught that was bound to begin once Misty's sisters saw him and her alone, Ash
followed Misty into the entrance to the Gym.

"Oh my god! Like, Ash it's like so good to see you!" squealed Daisy as the three sisters came into
the foyer, spying the couple. "It's like so sweet to escort Misty back!"

"Oh, um...yeah...acctually I was here for a Gym battle..." Ash replied, rubbing the back of his head
where numerous bumps lay as evidence of travelling with Misty.

"Well like, ok, you can like, battle Violet if you want." said Daisy. "Do you like, want to battle
now?"

"You up for it Pikachu?" he turned to his pokemon.

"Pika!"

"Now's great!"

"Well like, come on then!" they followed Daisy through to the battle pool where Violet and Ash took
their respective places while Daisy stood half way along the pool as the referee. "Ok, this will
be a like a three on three battle with like, no time limit." she looked to Violet who as the Gym
leader was obliged to release her pokemon first, revealing Starmie. Thinking carefully, Ash reached
for a pokeball to release Grovyle. "Ok you can like, begin!"

"Starmie, water gun!"

"Leaf Blade!"

Grovyle was too fast for Starmie, it's water gun attack splashing harmlessly into the water. Landing
on the platform behind Starmie, Grovyle slashed it's back with his glowing leaves, sending deeper
into the water.

"Rapid Spin!" ordered Violet.

"Bullet Seed!" countered Ash.

Flying out of the water from behind Grovyle, Starmie bagan spinning like a blur, sending water
everywhere and catching Grovyle by suprise. After crashing down onto the pad, Grovyle turned over
onto his back and shot many hard seeds at lighting speed into Starime, sending it right off course
to crash into the arena wall. Ding-dong, ding-dong flashed Starmie's jewel.

"Starmie is like unable to battle, Grovyle and, like, Ash win this round!" announced Daisy while
Misty and Lilly applauded politely, Misty flashing a brief smile at Ash, boosting his confidence.

"Thanks Starmie, go Dewgong!" Violet released the happy clapping pokemon which performed a sumersault
upon entering the arena.

"Bullet Seed!" started off Ash with increased vigour.

"Headbutt!"

Dewgong lept into the water,avoiding the bullet seed attack and swimming through the water to gain
momentum before ramming it's head straight into Grovyle's chest, sending him backwards into the water.
Grovyle's head resurfaced to glare at the clapping Dewgong on the pad in front of it.

"Bullet Seed!"

"Ice Beam!"

Grovyle's barrage of bullets hit Dewgong in the face, momentarily blinding it. The Ice Beam went
off, missing Grovyle's head but freezing the water behind it. Once the bullet seed attack stopped,
Dewgong immediatly found it's target and froze Grovyle into the water around it. Desperarly Ash
called for a Leaf Blade attack, hoping to break the ice while Violet called for a headbutt. Unable
to move and retaliate, Grovyle recieved the full brunt of the headbutt attack. Grovyle sank beneath
the water before his fainted body rose to the surface to be returned to his pokeball.

"Go, Cawphish!" Ash brought his only water type into play.

"Cawphish Caw!" cried the red lobster as he emerged from his pokeball onto a floating pad, shaking
his claws up and down to face his opponent on the other floating pad.

"Crabhammer!"

"Aurora Beam!"

The brilliant different coloured beam waved through the air towards Cawphish, but missed when the red
pokemon jumped in the air and scuttled over the water to smash into Dewgong's head.

"Dew, dewgong ong" it struggled to sit up again but was denied the pleasure by a bubblebeam to the
face, sending it crashing onto it's back and out for the round.

"Dewgong is like, unable to battle!" announced Daisy. "Violet, you have, like, one more pokemon
while Ash still has like, two!" beaming at her sister while their Dewgong was returned.

"Go, Seaking!" The orange goldfish pokemon appeared in the water, flopping about weirdly.

'this'll be easy!' thought Ash, a grin spreading over his face. "Cawphish, Vicegrip!"

"Dive under and come back up for a Horn Attack!"

Cawphish's attack missed, grabbing only water as Seaking dissappeared under the depths. Unknown of
when or where Seaking was going to attack, Cawphish stood on a pad, looking all around it, panic
evident over his face when - WOOSH! Cawphish and the pad were sent sailing through the air as Seaking
came from beneath. Cawphish fell into the water with a heavy splash.

"Cawphish, Bubblebeam!"

"Dive again and use Horn Drill!"

"Follow it and use Crabhammer!"

Seaking hid under the water as the bubbles harmlessly hit the surface and Cawphish followed it under
the waves. Nothing could be seen until a bright flash of light appeared, sending water up in tidal
waves, indicating the two attacks had met. Two dark shapes appeared under the water. One was Seaking,
returning for oxygen while the other was a fainted Cawphish.

"Cawphish is, like, unable to battle! Seaking, like, wins!" cried Daisy.

"See, I told you we could, like, train the pokemon ourselves!" said Lilly to her little red haired
sister.

"Yeah, I think you're forgetting who's been running this place the last few years!" glared Misty
from under her fringe, turning back to the battle to see Pikachu hopping forwards to take on Seaking.

"This is like, the last round! The trainer of the last pokemon standing, like, wins!" excalimed
Daisy as she began the last round.

"Pikachu, let's wrap this up with a thunderbolt!" cried Ash, pointing at Seaking.

"Horn Drill!"

The horn on Seaking's head began spinning rapidly. When the electricity hit the horn, it was sent in
all directions, doing little to no damage to the water pokemon.

"See, we like worked out how to like, protect the pokemon from electrical attacks!" informed Violet.

"Pikachu, Iron Tail!"

"Water Pulse!"

A ball of water appeared above Seaking before being sent straight at Pikachu who was forced to use
his Iron Tail attack to slice through the water and prevent him being hurt. Shooting forward with
a Quick Attack, Pikachu was forced to follow Seaking under water to deal it any damage. Both burst
through the surface, panting.

"Thunder!"

"Jump out of the water!"

"Get it!"

In an attempt to avoid the strong attack, Seaking tried to leap into the air. However it
underestimated Pikachu who was able to send his attack straight up, putting Seaking out of the match
and onto the dish of the day. (A/N: mmmm fried Seaking! wonder what that tastes of...? probably
chicken!)

"Seaking can no longer, like, battle. Ash and Pikachu are the winners!" cried Daisy, raising her arms
into the air.

"Alright, well done Pikachu!" he praised his pokemon as Pikachu lept into his arms, soaking his
jumper. "Heh heh, thanks buddy!"

"Pikachu!" he shook his coat in an attempt to dry himself off before hopping onto his customary
place on his trainer's sholder.

"Well done Ash." said Violet, approaching from around the pool. "I can now present you with the
Cascade badge!" she held forth the drop shaped badge.

"Alright! We got the Cascade Badge!" he held it aloft in his victory pose before being brought back
down to earth when Misty commented,

"Yeah, big victory, against my sisters!" resulting in a face fall.

"Like, shut up Misty, a victory against us is still, like, a victory. Anyway are you two, like,
staying for dinner?" asked Daisy.

"No, no we've...ummm...got to get to the pokemon centre to heal Ash's pokemon! As well as mine
acctually, there in a bit of a bad state so we'll stay with them, right Ash?" Misty hurridly tried
a plan to get them out of spending any more time with her sisters.

"Errrm....*ow!* yeah we do, I want to check that Pikachu's ok!" he said, catching on when ribbed by
Misty's unobvious elbow. "Right buddy?" he whispered so the girls wouldn't hear.

Catching on faster than his trainer, Pikachu went all limp and fell into Ash's arms, pretending to
be in need of medical attention.

"Well, like, ok then. Take care of our little sister Ash!" giggled Daisy before Ash was forcefully
removed from the Gym by his red headed companion.

"Phew...I thought we were going to be stuck in there all day!" said Misty when they were outside the
Gym before she checked the pokemon she'd taken earlier, making sure her sisters hadn't "borrowed" one
that she may need later. "Great, they didn't even try to take Psyduck!"

"Yeah well, it wouldn't be a journey if he wasn't with us! Come on, let's go to the pokemon centre
anyway, I think all our pokemon need a rest." replied Ash as Pikachu hopped back on his sholder.

Making their way through the town they approached the centre, entering to see Nurse Joy and her
Chansey behind the desk.

"Hello Misty, it's good to see you again. I take it you've let your sister's pull their own weight
at the gym." she said with a smile.

"Yeah, that and someone has to keep him out of trouble!" she said, pointing at Ash while placing her
pokeballs on a tray to be handed to the nurse for healing.

"Hey, I think it was you who wanted to come along." mentioned Ash, similarly placing 5 pokeballs with
Pikachu on top on another tray and handing it to the nurse.

"Well, as long as you all look out for each other, I'm sure you'll be fine. Your pokemon might take
a while to heal as they all need a health top up and I think your Grovyle it still a little too cold
from some ice attacks." said the nurse as she did a quick scan of the pokeballs and Pikachu.

"Ok, thanks Nurse Joy, we'll come back later." said Misty, heading for the door.

"Hang on, I told my mum I'd call when more often." he replied, rubbing the back of his head and
heading for the phone booth.

RING RING...RING RING...

"Hello? Oh hi there Ashy, how are you?" said Delia as she recieved the call.

"Hey mum, I'm fine, just wanted to say that we're in Cerulean and I've got two badges so far." he
replied, taking a seat on the stool while Misty hovered behind him.

"Hello Mrs Ketchum." she waved to the screen.

"Well, I'm glad to see you didn't get lost. I hope you're taking care of each other, and Pikachu of
course."

Remembering last night, Ash struggled to prevent a light blush rising to his face "Errr yeah, we
will."

"Well, I suppose you want to get on rather than chat to your mother. I'll see you soon and talk to
you sooner I hope." said Delia, giving her son a stern look before the cheerful smile returned.

"Thanks Mum, bye!"

"Bye Mrs Ketchum!" said Misty. She turned to the door as Ash put the phone down and spied some
familar silouhettes on the other side of the glass. Spinnning round, she grabbed Ash and made a run
away from the front door, opening what she hoped to be an escape route before shoving Ash in first
then following, quickly closing the door behind her. It was a closet.

"Hey, I was ju- mfff" Ash began until Misty's hand covered his mouth. Hurridly she whispered,

"My sisters just came in. I do NOT want to talk to them!" she glared through the darkness hoping to
get her point across. Wedged up between Nurse Joy's coats they listened to Daisy, Lilly and Violet
talking to Joy. Misty's body went rigid when they asked after her but thankfully Nurse Joy wasn't
going to reveal their presence, saying she hadn't seen Misty or a boy matching Ash's description,
adding they must have continued on for another centre. The closet was suprisingly hot and Misty
suddenly realised her hand was still covering Ash's mouth. Hurridly she remove her hand and shrank
away from her best friend, pleased for the darkness to hide her blush.

"If I didn't know you properly Misty, I'd be very curious to know what you and a boy are doing in
my closet." the door unexpectadly opened to reveal Nurse Joy, a small smile on her face. "Don't
worry, your sisters have gone." she walked away to prevent herself laughing hysterically in front
of the two teens who had identical bright red blushes over their faces.

"Ehehe thanks Nurse Joy, I think we'll go for a walk." Misty said, nervously. She dragged Ash towards
the door, telling him he could call professor Oak later.

Outside the centre, he straightened his clothes before mentioning, "Geez, I've forgotton how much
physical abuse you have to suffer when travelling with you!"

"Well sorry for not leaving you to the wolves that are my sisters!" Misty retorted.

"It would have been nice to know where I was going to be dragged off to before I was!"

"If I had tried to explain what was going on, we'd still be standing there when they walked up and
acosted us!" she yelled, hitting him over the head with her hand before storming off yelling "See
you later, there's some stuff I have to do!"

'Hmph, always a pleasure with Misty' thought Ash, walking off in the opposite direction wishing
Pikachu was with him. He needed that furry little mouse to help sort his head out. Wandering about
the city, he had time admire the city for it's own beauty rather than rush through it in search of
that next badge or away from the Sensational Sisters. Throughout the city, water was the main
feature. The Cascade Hotel, The Roaring River Resturant and The Bubbling Brook Cafe to name a few
examples while fountains bedecked every square and featured in every window. He could see the real
beauty of water when portrayed in so many different ways and could easily understood how Misty fell
in love with everything water after living in a city such as Cerulean.

Taking a seat in the park, he gazed at the fountain of water where stone liknesses of a Poliwirl, a
Goldeen and a Starmie shot water over a stone human figure seated beneath the trio. Gazing at the
human he noticed she sat upon a rock, her face and hands upturned to watch the criss cross of
water as it flowed above her. Upon closer inspection he noticed that the figure was not human, but a
mermaid, her tail curved around beneath her over the rock. Taking a closer look at her face, she had
hair that shimmered in the light reflected through the water, making it appear real. A chain of
stone pearls held her hair off her face. Un-noticed, the skies had clouded over and the last patch
of sunlight that remained on the mermaid's face vanished as large drops began to fall from the skies.
Ash didn't noticed the change in the weather until one drop landed on her face, trickling down and
giving her the illusion of crying. Shaking himself out of his reverie he got to his face just as the
skies truley opened. The rain was so fierce his vision was obstructed and he begame completely lost,
searching for the pokemon centre.

Setting off into the rain again after sheltering under an awning of a shop, he didn't see anyone
until he crashed into them, ending up in the gutter by the pavement. Sitting up, he rubbed the
back of his head where he'd hit it on the ground and looked over to see a familiar figure doing
exactly the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this is a SERIOUSLY bad ending, but this bit had to be split. Believe me, before I changed the last sentance, it was REALLY bad! (with three dots!) Meh, hope you likied!

Oh, shall I keep going with chapter names or just not bother as the chapter names are so terrible?

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
AHH, CLIFFHANGER!!! I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!!

Well, it seems that Misty's sisters have improved, they are not, like, total losers anymore! ^^

The closet? Unexpected...;)

No hints from Pikachu today...aw well, he needed a break. Gotta love those creepy grins.

And the mermaid...yep, definitely a sign!

I don't mind if you give chappie names or not, helps with the speculation, though...

Anyways, great job, and keep writing! :)

Esperon

An old PS luva!
AHH, CLIFFHANGER!!! I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!!

Well, it seems that Misty's sisters have improved, they are not, like, total losers anymore! ^^

The closet? Unexpected...

No hints from Pikachu today...aw well, he needed a break. Gotta love those creepy grins.

And the mermaid...yep, definitely a sign!

I don't mind if you give chappie names or not, helps with the speculation, though...

Anyways, great job, and keep writing!

He he, had to have some cliffies in it! Hmm looks like the next chapter has a mini cliff as well...meh, i'm sure you'll live ;)

Quite often when writing this thing, weird ideas came through my head, the closet was one of them!

Sorry there was no mallet though! (i think)

Will work on the chapter for chapter 12 and release it tomorrow!

Until then (or til someone else leaves a message for me to reply to) Adios!
Esperon

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Hiya, chapter tomorrow as always, getting some ideas for an Xmas one shot as well ;) Should get started on that some time this weekend.

Anyhoo, chapter title for chapter 12 is:

Reflections and Risky Rendezvous

See you tomorrows!
Esperon

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Heh, let more pokeshippyness begin! On with chapter 12!

Chapter 12 - Reflections and Risky Rendezvous

"Misty!"

"Ash where have you been! I've been looking all over for you!" screamed the red head from the gutter.

"Just walking around." he replied, getting to his feet and offering his hand, pulling her to her
feet. "I...er...lost my bearings when it began to rain"

"Well come on, let's get back to the centre. I've got us a room til tomorrow. It's too late to get
going now and I am NOT leaving til I have had a bath!" Misty pulled him forwards, dragging him along.

"Misty, where's the point in running? We're wet enough." yelled Ash, tired.

"You might be, but I'm not" she retorted, glancing either way before running across the road.

"Misty! Look out!" Ash saw the car that Misty had missed, it's lights turned off making it's silver
grey bulk invisable in the rain. Darting forward with speed developed over years of pokemon battling
and dangerous adventuring, Ash ran forwards after her, catching her around the waist and flinging
them both forwards to the other side of the road. Landing first with Misty on top Ash felt the air
rush from his lungs and pain surge through his head and sholder where it had hit the ground first.
Beeping his horn the driver sped past, glaring at them as he passed and shooting off into the
distance, turning right at the end. "OOf...are you ok?"

"Um...yeah, yeah" said Misty, in a state of shock. "Oh my god! Are you ok?" she stared into Ash's
face, concerned.

"Yeah I'll live, but I think we should go a little slower now, right?" he chuckled, stopping when the
vibrations from his chest sent pain through his back, sholder and head. "Just get off me!"

Leaping up Misty helped him to his feet and they made their way to the pokemon centre and a more,
sedate pace.

Ten minutes later they entered through the doors of the centre, Misty's arm protectivly around his
waist, his arm over her sholder for balacing. "My goodness! What happened?" exclaimed Nurse Joy,
looking up from some paper work behind the desk and rushing towards them.

"Not much other than Misty's brush with death" joked Ash, gently sitting in a chair, wincing as
Pikachu jumped onto his lap.

Misty related the event of meeting and avoiding the car while Ash rested in a chair, trying to
convince Pikachu it was nothing more serious than normal.

"Well I'm glad you're staying here tonight. I think Misty should stay in the room, but I'd like to
check your head and back. Falling on such a hard surface may have caused some serious damage."

"I doubt that, his head is much too dense!" snorted Misty.

"Hey!" said Ash, looking up from petting Pikachu with a hurt look on his face.

"I was only kidding, come on." replied Misty with a small smile as she ruffled his hair and helped
him to his feet.

Sucumbering to Misty, Nurse Joy and Pikachu's requests, Ash headed for the human hospital area of
the centre. Leaving him alone to change into some pyjamas, Misty and Nurse Joy returned to the main
desk to fill in some paper work.

"Right Misty, can you give me his full name and hometown?" she asked, a pen in hand over the relevant
paperwork.

"Yeah, it's Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town." Pausing, the nurse looked up.

"THE Ash Ketchum? Champion of the Hoenn League?" she asked excitedly.

"Yeah..." she replied, still not quite sure of her best friend's status.

"My goodness, I can't believe I didn't reconise him!" Joy stared into space. "Of course you went to
Hoenn a few weeks ago to meet him. I take it you haven't told him." she looked sternly at the young
girl before her. Being one of the few people Misty had become close to over the years as the Gym
leader, naturally Nurse Joy knew of her feelings for this particular boy.

"No...not yet...I'm waiting for the um, right time." she said, scratching her arm, looking everywhere
but the Nurse's face. "Can we just fill in the rest of the forms and check him over? I think he
landed pretty hard on his head both times he fell today, just now and out of an apple tree. And when
I hit him on the head with my mallet...he's not had a very good day acctually..." she mused.

"Of course, now do you know his date of birth...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pi pikachu pika chu pika pi pikachu!" (I should never have left you alone!) stated Pikachu, glaring
at his trainer as he gingerly got into the bed.

"Oh shut up." grumbled Ash, silencing his over protective pokemon with a glare that was returned with
euqal ****** offness. Continuing with this glaring competition it only ended when Nurse Joy and Misty
entered the room.

"Right, let me take a look at your head..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you Nurse Joy. See you soon." said Ash as he and Misty were leaving the centre the next
morning after spending the night at the centre. The sun was shining brightly and made the roads and
buildings sparkle, the only evidence of the intense rain storm in the glistening puddles.

"Of course Ash. Good luck in the Indigo League." waved Nurse Joy before she returned to her desk.

"Come on then," said Ash, Pikachu on his sholder. "Vermillion City is up next."

"Right, and do you know the way?" asked Misty, Azurill in her arms.

"Of course! When don't I know the way?"

"Hmm, I think I can count that on one hand." she replied as they walked beneath the gates to the city
and on towards Vermillion City for the Thunder Badge.

Breaking for lunch they stopped by a river to feed and let out all their pokemon.

"Go Staryu, Gyarados, Psyduck and Politoed!"

"Go Phanpy, Cawphish, Grovyle and Swellow!" throwing a multitude of balls into the air, they released
their pokemon and set about filling each bowl with the right food for each pokemon. Once that job
was done and all the pokemon were happily muching Ash and Misty were able to prepare a light lunch
of riceballs and crackers for themselves.

"So Misty, what do you miss most when travelling around?" asked Ash, his back against a tree while
facing the pokemon who by this stage had finished their meal and were playing about in the water or
on the bank. Except Psyduck who just held his head.

"Well, I know it's not my sisters. Most of my favourite pokemon" 'and person' she thought to herself
"are travelling around with me. I suppose it's not being in one place for a long period of time.
Always on the move, leaving friends behind, a different place to sleep every night...what about
you?"

"Well, I've never really thought about it too much. I do miss some of my pokemon and I might try to
swap them round a little more...especially Bayleaf, I recon if I don't she'll kill me the next time
I go round the lab!" he joked, letting out a small laugh.

"Ahahahahaha!! Prepare for trouble!"

"But I wish we didn't have these guys around...they would be something I would never miss!"

"And make it double!"

With a sigh, Misty looked at Ash and mentioned, "Should we let them take the pokemon then get them
back again or just thunderbolt them off?"

"To protect the world for devistation!"

"I dunno, what do you think Pikachu?"

"To unite all people within our nation!"

"PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

"Waaa We didn't even get to finish our motto!" wailed Jessie

"Nor did we ever have a chance to grab Pikachu!" screamed James

"And I have nothing important to say at all!" complained Meowth

"WABBAFFET!"

"Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!" DING

"That was the most interesting thing that's happened all day...nevermind, shall we get going?" said
Misty, brushing off the crumbs from her lap and getting to her feet.

"Yeah, may as well...how far is it to Vermillion City?" asked Ash, returning all his pokemon bar
Phanpy who came over for some attention and grabbed the last riceball from the plate before
scampering off to share it with Azurill.

"About two or three days I think..." Misty checked her Pokenav once her own pokemon had been returned
to the safety of their balls, amid protests that they were enjoying themselves in the water.

Breaking camp they made their way down the road that ran between an avenue of trees. "Alright Phanpy,
let's train on the move! Show me your best rollout attack on that log!"

With a small noise of agreement, the baby blue and red pokemon curled her body into a spherical
shape and rolled towards a log on the side of the road, colliding with it and spinning around to
rest at a halt and standing up at Ash's feet. "That was awsome buddy. I should have used you more
often." Ash prasied, inspecting the fragments of wood now littered along one side of the road.

"Well done Phanpy. She's gotton really strong. So strong I'm suprised you can still handle her...well
she is still quite little!" She giggled and bent down to rub her on the head.

"Hey, none of my pokemon are too strong for me!" he retorted.

"Oh, so basically they're all weak!"

"What! I-" snorting he tried to supress his laughter "that...ha ha...that'll teach you not to call
Pikachu or any of the others weak again!" he sank into a helpless heap of merimment while Misty just
stood there, smoking from the thunderbolt attack delivered by Pikachu after her last comment.

Growling, she glared at Ash, "Well that just shows YOU can't control your pokemon!" and with that she
marched off down the road, leaving Ash behind.

Controlling his laughter he got to his feet and offered his sholder to Pikachu who hopped up while
Phanpy explored the surroundings, thrilled to be going somewhere new. "Thanks for that Pikachu. But
I don't think it helped us as far as getting along is concerned..."

"Pi pika pi chu pi pika. Pichu pika pi pika" (I didn't do that for you. She called me weak!)
protested the pokemon, exclaiming with his paws before jumping down to walk with Phanpy. With a sigh
Ash walked behind them, watching the ground, deep in thought.

Later in the afternoon the road twisted and the trees fell away to display a fantastic mansion, mist
swirling around the base in a sinister fashion.

"What is that place...it looks oddly farmiliar" said Misty, hugging Azurill tightly and shivering
slightly as a cold, wet breeze blew past them.

"I know what you mean..." replied Ash, moving to the right where a large sign displayed some
imformation. "Hey, it's the poketech. The one where you work through the grades to enter the Indigo
League rather than just gather the badges."

"Oh yeah." said Misty, joining Ash to read the sign. "Hey look, that girl Giselle with the Cubone
that we met last time is now the head girl."

"Wanna go and have a look or keep going?" asked Ash, straitening up to gaze upon the mysterious
mansion again.

"Nah, might as well keep moving, this fog is beginning to give me the creeps." replied Misty,
moving off along the road again.

They continued on, the group keeping close together in the thick fog. The hairs on the back
of their necks began to prickle as the suggestion of noise rustled around them, echoing in the
fog and woodland.

"FREEZE!" From out of nowhere, nets covered Ash, Misty, Azurill and Pikachu while Phanpy had been
missed due to her small size being hidden in the fog.

"Phanpy, rollout around the bushes!" cried Ash, struggling to see through the mire and nets encasing
him. Rolling into a tight ball Phanpy headed toward the nearest bush where a figure could be seen.

"Marowak Bone Club!" Phanpy screamed as she was thrown powerfully across the clearing to crash into
a tree, snapping it in half while Phanpy lay at the bottom, not moving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Heh, you have no idea! *cackles*
But you shall on monday ;)
thanks for the review ;)
Esperon

EDIT: oo lookies there, this post just changed my lil piccy to Blaine! YAY!

Misty is reeely jealous :D

first i like this fic very much, very descriptive!!