• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Version Preferences

reedcollins

ReginaRegina
I chose:
Gold
Sapphire
Leaf Green
Pearl
HeartGold
White
Black 2
X
Alpha Sapphire
Moon
Ultra Sun

So I'm fairly evenly balanced, with a preference to the "blue/green" games. I usually get both versions but those are the ones I got first. I've heard that the "blue/green" games are the more "feminine versions" while the "red" games are the more "masculine versions". I sort of see what they mean but I think it's a bit silly. If the rumors of the new games are real like many people think they are, I'll probably go with the Eevee one.

AuroraBeam

I've heard that the "blue/green" games are the more "feminine versions" while the "red" games are the more "masculine versions". I sort of see what they mean but I think it's a bit silly. If the rumors of the new games are real like many people think they are, I'll probably go with the Eevee one.

I've seen that too. I think it's mainly because for the most part, the male protag was associated with the "red" version while the female protag and/or the rival was associated with the "green/blue" version with some exceptions. ("Kris" from Crystal come to mind and I could see Dawn as either Pearl/Platinum given the manga).

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I usually get all games in the series, but the first game of each set I got was:
Red, Gold, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Pearl, HG, White, X, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Ultra Sun.
Since Pokémon Pearl mostly because of version exclusives.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I chose:
Gold
Sapphire
Leaf Green
Pearl
HeartGold
White
Black 2
X
Alpha Sapphire
Moon
Ultra Sun

This is largely similar to how I did it, only I got Silver instead of Gold.

I wonder what pulled us in the direction of those titles.

PsychoKing47

I just tend to choose based on which cover legendary (or starter, in the case of the Kanto remakes) I prefer, so that goes as follows from when I started playing Pokemon:

Ruby
LeafGreen
Diamond
HeartGold
White/Black 2
Y
OmegaRuby
Moon/Ultra Moon

Seems to be a pretty even mix between the colours, and I'd be curious to see how people would categorise the Switch games if the rumours are true (if they are, I'm choosing the Eevee version without question).