• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Common Misconceptions.

Hilda

In this planet of ours, a lot of people have a lot of misconceptions about things. Tell me about a few that you know.

One misconception I can think about is when people think chimps, gorillas and orangutans are monkeys. They're actually apes.

Another one I can think of is when people twist tissue pieces and block their nostrils when their nose is bleeding, that is also a wrong thing to do because it's not healthy and sanitary to send the blood coming from your head area to go back.

What are some misconceptions that you can think of?

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
Here's one: People think Humans are not animals.

Xiphos42

Warlock
Swimming within 30 minutes after eating doesn't do a darn thing.

Humans don't use 10% of their brains. We use 100%, the different parts are specialized. We use 'em for more than just thinking.

Ninjas didn't always wear black. They mostly wore disguises. I mean, a dude running around in all black carrying a sword is a bit obvious and alarming.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
The only ones that I can think of right now:

"Money is the root of all evil." It's actually "the love of money is the root of all evil."

"Luke, I am your father." The original quote was "No, I am your father." (in reply to Luke saying "you killed my father!")

Hilda

"Money is the root of all evil." It's actually "the love of money is the root of all evil."

It's around the same concept of guns not killing people but people killing people. I do agree with you though, money as itself is just an object.

Did you also know that dogs can actually sweat.

Swampasaur

The Swamp Creature!
The grand canyon is not the world's biggest canyon.
Lions are not the top predators in Africa. That goes to the hyenas.
Male mosquitoes can not bite you.

Just a few more for you guys.

Izanagi

'Sup!
Swimming within 30 minutes after eating doesn't do a darn thing.

Humans don't use 10% of their brains. We use 100%, the different parts are specialized. We use 'em for more than just thinking.

Ninjas didn't always wear black. They mostly wore disguises. I mean, a dude running around in all black carrying a sword is a bit obvious and alarming.

Dang it, I was going to use those. Anyways, Yu-gi-Oh wasn't always the card game we see it today.

Hmm.

Marie Antoinette actually didn't say "Let them eat cake."
The American Constitution wasn't written on hemp.
Napoleon Bonaparte wasn't a midget, he was the size of a present-day woman.
The word sushi does not mean raw fish.

Just a few.