• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cryogonal Discussion Thread

LinksOcarina

The true master
You should learn to use punctuation. I can't understand much of what you're saying.

Anyway, I've always found that the best use for Cryogonal is to set up screens, starting with the one that will buffer it against an imminent threat (Reflect against Hitmonchan, Light Screen against Porygon-Z), and then finishing with the other. The problem is that most pokemon can OHKO it because it's hard not to have a move super-effective against it.

My solution to this is the Enigma Berry, which is so far only usable on PO. It negates the first super-effective attack against Cryogonal, which will almost definitely the first attack that will be used. This gives Cryogonal the extra turn to set up screens and perhaps rain or hail.

Wouldn't a Focus Sash have the same effect too, considering it keeps you alive after one major hit?

Then again...it leaves you so open with 1 HP, any special walling then is impossible, although setting up the screens helps a lot for the teams survival then.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
Crygonal is an great underated pok!

He has excellent bulk in Hp and Sp.def in combination.
Besides that..

It has Rapid spin + Levitate which is an good combo for switch in to get rid of
Spikes or Toxic spikes, even stealth rocks. (but that hurts in the start)
Even though it kinda hurts it has recover to heal its wounds.

Also an good speed, it makes him an Great duel screener.

You have to use it wisely and carefully.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Eh, I like Vanilluxe better. Cryogonal is pretty much only good for fast screening, Rapid Spinning, and maybe, maybe, maybe Confuse Ray and stupid crudful worthless futile Attracting non-genders.

...Which really sucks for it, since Brick Break and Stealth Rock murder it in no time flat, and Pranksters limit other status-ers.

...Not like Vanilluxe has it any better, though...

...Stupid terrible Ice Types...

...Dang it.