1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Digimon discussion - Digimon Adventure tri. now available on Crunchyroll

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by FeminineCuttlefish, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

https://withthewill.net/threads/201...iscussion!-amp-Audio-Drama-Translation!/page5

Quoting from MarcFBR:
    This explains why Adventure 1 became the focus. While this numbers are partially a result of Tri, this should explain why Tamers isn't given as much care(Japanese fandom doesn't like it) and while 02 is popular enough, it is miles below original Adventure. While I suspect numbers will get better if they re-release these on UHD Blu-ray, for all intents and purposes original Adventure is what everyone cares about.

2. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Why am I not frigging surprised. Considering every Digimon season has fewer and fewer fans, it's a "no duh" moment that Tamers isn't as popular as Adventure, not by a long shot. Therefore, everyone crossing their fingers hoping for a sequel to Tamers--as cool as that might be--are just kidding themselves. There's a better chance of 02 getting a Tri-esque treatment than Tamers, but I just have this to ask:

Why would you want Tamers to get a Tri-equivalent? That's just asking for trouble.

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  3. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the world of fictional media.

It doesn't matter if every other series is better than the ones that came before, the one that came first will almost always succeed over the rest.

Nostalgia tends to rule over quality, unfortunately. Oh well, at least Adventure it a good series.

Trainer Yusuf and Kutie Pie like this.
  4. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical Optimist

honestly I think if they would have used all the kids of the 01/02 digidestined for a tri series, that would have been awesome to see too. Fresh but somehow familiar characters with their digimon that we know about, but could have different evolution paths than their parents, so we'd still be pleasantly suprised and so on. I'd have that WAY more than tamers.

Trainer Yusuf and Kutie Pie like this.
  5. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

And chalking that to the "Wasted Plot-lines and Potentials" list. Hot damn, I knew this was going to be a mess the moment I took a look into the filmography of the staff involved back during Confession.

Also the more detailed Korean spoilers have come out to balance out the Brazilian spoilers, and it still reeks of disappointment and even further cash-grab.

Seriously, they keep it so open-ended that it just should've been a TV series this whole goddamn time. There was no reason for it to be a six-parter movie/OVA series that amounts to a two-cour TV series if they weren't going to tie up its loose ends. Korean spoilers don't even mention Maki anywhere and Gennai's behavior isn't explained.

6. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Because you need a broadcaster willing to run it as a TV series. A TV series can't exist in a vacuum.

A movie/OAV series can, in a sense, however. Theaters will run it and there's built-in revenue later on from releasing it on home media. Case in point, if Tri had been a television series, there would be little to no presence for it internationally and very probably no English dub of any sort.

They don't make these decisions by throwing darts at the wall. It's not just a matter of saying "well it SHOULD have been this because..."

7. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

Toei is working hard on not only Adventures, but they are focusing on the X-Antibody Digimon too. Bandai had a poll out to ask fans of the show who your favorite X-Antibody Digimon is and who should be able to get a X form. Of course, mine is Ryudamon and the ones I put down is Patamon and Elecmon.

8. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen Well-Known Member

Wait, they didn't resolve what happened to the 02 kids? That's stupid. That's insipid. Of all the things they needed to wrap up, that should have been at the top of the list. These designated heroes ran the risk of erasing the 02 kids yet none of them bothered to question what the literal hell happened to them?

9. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Korean spoilers indicate they're comatose in some underground lab or something, but maybe Daigo will explain why that happened to them. Oh, and Gennai tries to kill them. Fun.

10. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical Optimist

omg yay! I love the x-antibody, and that movie is my favorite digimon movie I think, due to no humans in it! I want all my favorite digimon to get an antibody, please give Cherubimon and BanchoGolemon one!

Also what is everyone getting so upset about the last tri film? We haven't even seen it yet...

11. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

I'm just always mad at Toei tbh. It's an unhealthy love-hate relationship I can never escape from due to how extremely prevalent Toei Animation is within the anime industry.

12. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Vague reports across a language barrier are the next best thing, apparently.