• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Digimon discussion - Digimon Ghost Game now available on Crunchyroll

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I don't quite understand what they meant by reboot the real world?

Shouldn't Meicoomon come back as an egg eventually? Or did I miss something?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I don't quite understand what they meant by reboot the real world?

Shouldn't Meicoomon come back as an egg eventually? Or did I miss something?

Movie's been out for more than a week, so no more need for spoiler tags.

They were trying to fuse both worlds together, or something like that. So rebooting the Digital World would also reboot the Real World.

Meicoomon was killed in the real world, so no coming back. Also, even if she wasn't, it's probably like Chocomon in Hurricane Touchdown, who never came back according to side material. (At least they'll sing Smash Mouth in Digi-Heaven).

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
They were trying to fuse both worlds together, or something like that. So rebooting the Digital World would also reboot the Real World.

From what I was able to understand from the word vomit (seriously, Hackmon's explanation was too long), Yggdrasil's "real world reboot" was meant to basically send humanity back to the Stone Age, if not outright destroy the planet. That was what pushed Izzy over the edge due to how much the earth has become "digital" and being the tech geek of the group, it was affecting him much more personally than the others. Ordinemon's existence was what was trying to fuse the two worlds together, but it was so destructive due to the balance being out of whack that the worlds were most likely going to be deleted anyway. And apparently Yggdrasil alongside Evil Not-Gennai had planned for this to happen. Because reasons.

ALSO given than Maki confirmed the quantum sea and thus multiple parallel worlds, that probably would've meant the other worlds could've potentially gotten a "reboot" as well had Ordinemon not been defeated. This is one of my biggest disappointments of tri in that we were told about this, and yet we never got more information outside of that, like no other brief glimpses into these other worlds or any of the DigiDestined potentially being thrown into one of them in trying to figure out the cause of the infection. (Like seriously, how in the world did Meicoomon infect so much of the Digital World that it needed to be rebooted--even though I feel like that was all Maki's plan from the start anyway and Yggdrasil didn't give a shit? I never understood that.)

Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
The series overall was just a big disappointment.

The ending seemed to give off sequel vibes, but low expectations.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
My final thoughts on the Tri series are just a resounding “WHAT IN THE LITERAL HELL?”

Seriously, I feel like I was told information rather than being shown what is supposed to be conveyed. It’s like Greek theater. I take that back. Greek theater actually had interesting concepts and themes. This felt like a series of a string of themes and plots that went nowhere.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
The series overall was just a big disappointment.

The ending seemed to give off sequel vibes, but low expectations.
Yeah, except that in Japan, it's number 1 in the theater for the past two weeks.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Yes, people go to see movies? I don't see the point here. It's well established that it's riding the nostalgia train.
The thing is that in Japan, the Tri movies was not in but a quarter of the theaters in the country. The way they raised the money in the theaters brought them to give us more of an adventure later on this year.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Does the Japanese fanbase also make fun of the fact that Leomon has died more than Kenny McCormick?
IIRC "Leomon dies" meme was introduced by Japanese fanbase in the first place, largely due to Tamers than later series though.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

He had this to say:

"About the new Digimon project. I've been asked to work on it, as a successive piece, as the director of the screenplay and I've been working on it since last year. However when the producers side-approved a submitted plot which I thought was incompatible with what the TV series had already established, I declared my resignation. From what I've heard of progress reports, they've decided to keep going with it still, so I definitely resign."

That is worrisome. The main guy, the father basically, of Digimon choosing to leave a Digimon project (which means this is most likely related to Adventure, because of course it is) means something went wrong. I feel like no one knows the world of Digimon better than Kakudou, and if they brushed him off just like that...

...what the fuck?

Also, what does he mean by "submitted plot"? Who submitted it, exactly? It has to be someone working on the project, but why didn't it go through the screenwriter/director(?), him? Was it like an auction or something first in order to pick the new screenwriter or something? He was approached to do it first, I assume, so why did they go through someone else?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yeah. I just can't believe that Kakudou just left. He was the mastermind behind Adventure. I bet that the new project is definitely related to Adventure. It could be a sequel to Tri or it could be a M20 style reimagining of Adventure 01. Let's just wait and see what it is.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yeah. I just can't believe that Kakudou just left. He was the mastermind behind Adventure. I bet that the new project is definitely related to Adventure. It could be a sequel to Tri or it could be a M20 style reimagining of Adventure 01. Let's just wait and see what it is.

He wasn't involved with Tri at all, so I don't know why they'd ask him to work on a new Tri-related project if that was the case.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
He wasn't involved with Tri at all, so I don't know why they'd ask him to work on a new Tri-related project if that was the case.
They brought him back for this new series, but then he left because what they were doing didn't fit his vision for the series. That's what I'm getting from all this.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Also, what does he mean by "submitted plot"? Who submitted it, exactly? It has to be someone working on the project, but why didn't it go through the screenwriter/director(?), him? Was it like an auction or something first in order to pick the new screenwriter or something? He was approached to do it first, I assume, so why did they go through someone else?

If it's anything like Western film and television bureaucracy, I assume the executives basically wrote the script and told him to do what they asked.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I heard that Kakudou actually wanted to have aliens be involved in the story. I'm just glad that they didn't go with that.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I heard that Kakudou actually wanted to have aliens be involved in the story. I'm just glad that they didn't go with that.
interesting, I just looked it up and apparently he did want aliens, and Matt wanting to be an astronaut is a link to that. I honestly would have been totally down for aliens, or something other than Digimon or a virus that wants to eradicate the digimon/human world. But at the same time, i'm happy they didn't go with that because it had the potential to ruin the series in my opinion.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
interesting, I just looked it up and apparently he did want aliens, and Matt wanting to be an astronaut is a link to that. I honestly would have been totally down for aliens, or something other than Digimon or a virus that wants to eradicate the digimon/human world. But at the same time, i'm happy they didn't go with that because it had the potential to ruin the series in my opinion.
Yeah. If that happened, then Digimon would have jumped the shark.