• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Evolution sequence?

Brocko18

Training telekinetic
Will the actual sequence of evolution be like it always has been (flashing the outline of the pre-evolved and the new evolution form)? Or do you think it will be like the show (showing a gradual change from one form to the next)? And mods, feel free to close this down if it's already been asked, although, I did search extensively and found nothing like this.

I don't think there's any information about that. They will probably evolve the old fashioned way. It would be cool if they evolved like in the anime, though.

Pokefreak

Zephyr Trainer
Like the anime would be cool.

Mirage.Mew

In case you haven't noticed, the anime rarely infulences the game (excluding Yellow Version).

But then again, we never know, as it appears that pokemon will have seperate sprites for evolution.

- Mirage.Mew

T

Tempo248

That's a waste of space if you ask me. I'd rather have more battle animations than evolution animations.

I seriously just close my eyes when my Pokemon evolve. I don't think it's pretty at all.

Brocko18

Training telekinetic
Tempo248 said:
That's a waste of space if you ask me. I'd rather have more battle animations than evolution animations.

I seriously just close my eyes when my Pokemon evolve. I don't think it's pretty at all.
Exactly, which is why it would be cool if the evolution was more animated. It couldn't possibly take that much space.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
It should be like the anime because it would be cool. Most likely,though, it will be as always.;049;

T

Tempo248

Brocko18 said:
Exactly, which is why it would be cool if the evolution was more animated. It couldn't possibly take that much space.

Even if it was animated, I would close my eyes.

In the anime, the Pokemon flash a bit when they evolve. You want The Pokemon Company to get sued for giving people seizures?

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
duelistXmist said:
I want pokemon to be able to evolve in the middle of a battle

I do too, but it is not likely to happen. they will probably keep it as always.;252;

xero37

Fog Trainer
I honstly have no problems with how the evotlutions look. To me they are just fine. I do want better battle animations and wish they would concentrate on that more. But, if they did make better evolving animations, I would welcome it.

I could care less about if they upgraded the evolutions.

It only lasts 10 or 15 seconds anyways.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Meh. They can do whatever they want. Though evolution anime-style would be cooler. If they keep it the same (and they probably will), it's no problem to me.

Pearl's Perap

I never liked the old ones, especially when it flashes between the current pokémon and its evolution, when, if we're going by the animé, it would simply transform into its evolution.

Animé evolution would look a lot smoother as well, but it's not going to happen, but this doesn't really phase me, as it probably wont many people.

Zak