• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feb 2nd: SM13 - The Great Alola Pancake Race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy157

I will disagree with you here because the slapstick in SM006 was horrible in my opinion. While the Lana episode was somewhat fillerish and still pretty good, that episode still had backstory about Lana. The only pure filler of SM was really disappointing to me.

SM6 had its moments, so if they don't overdo it in this episode, it might not be all that bad. Look at last episode, it had some pretty fun things going on. Nothing too over the top or forced, so if they keep it at that level and make the filler not completely pointless there's hope.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
SM6 had its moments, so if they don't overdo it in this episode, it might not be all that bad. Look at last episode, it had some pretty fun things going on. Nothing too over the top or forced, so if they keep it at that level and make the filler not completely pointless there's hope.

Well, I mean the slapstick shouldn't be overdone in an adventure show, that's my opinion. Some comedy gags are obviously required but not like Ash and Sophocles doing idiotic things over and over like in SM006

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
man wth ever happened to enjoying filler episodes? It's pokemon for petes sake, we get to see them interacting and moving in different ways we don't get to see in the games. Not sure why every single episode has to have a capture or a crazy major battle in it's info to be worthy of any excitement. So far SM is my favorite pokemon series by far, it has a great amount of comedy (MUCH MUCH better comedy than XY as it's comedy was almost just lame) and it's battles are already on par with XY. Enough characters so you're not sick of the same sibling duo or companion every episode, and enough pokemon to keep everyone into it!

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Maybe because the fillers generally haven't been enjoyable for awhile? It probably doesn't help that SM has been pretty laid-back and relatively slow-paced so far. I think a lot of people are still on that XYZ hype train. They want to hurry up and get to the action and the captures and the plot.

I said awhile back that I'm willing to give this episode a chance because all we have so far is a title and a very brief summary. I don't mind filler episodes every now and then personally.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Okay, seeing Pulverizing Pancake in the anime suddenly just became something I absolutely need to see ASAP.

I know it's not happening but that's the first place my mind went to when I read the title.

"Pulverizing Pancake" is a bizarre English renaming that has absolutely nothing to do with the move's original name, just to make that clear.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Maybe because the fillers generally haven't been enjoyable for awhile? It probably doesn't help that SM has been pretty laid-back and relatively slow-paced so far. I think a lot of people are still on that XYZ hype train. They want to hurry up and get to the action and the captures and the plot.

I said awhile back that I'm willing to give this episode a chance because all we have so far is a title and a very brief summary. I don't mind filler episodes every now and then personally.

WHAT!? weird lol I've really been enjoying the filler episodes this series! They have something new that the older regions didnt have or something, I'd have to rewatch a bunch and figure it out... maybe I really like the school setting and not going on adventures and what not. Personal prefs for sure! You're usually pretty positive, I was more trying to balance out the negativity towards the episode with my positivity (albeit I probably failed due to sounding naggy lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
WHAT!? weird lol I've really been enjoying the filler episodes this series! They have something new that the older regions didnt have or something, I'd have to rewatch a bunch and figure it out... maybe I really like the school setting and not going on adventures and what not. Personal prefs for sure! You're usually pretty positive, I was more trying to balance out the negativity towards the episode with my positivity (albeit I probably failed due to sounding naggy lol)
Oh, I'm not being negative. The fact that I'm willing to give this episode a chance is more positive than a lot of posts here. I'm just offering a suggestion for why people might not be as interested in this episode. That's all. :)

Also, you misunderstand me when I say filler. I think I'm with the majority that doesn't consider SM 5 or 7 to be pure filler. The first has backstory for Lana, and the second develops Ash's relationship with Litten. FYI, I liked the Lana episode and think the Litten episode is one of the best so far.

When I say filler, I mean stuff like that random gadget festival episode from XYZ or a lot of the early XY episodes where there's no development or backstory or anything like that. I consider SM6 the only true filler so far, and while I don't think it's a bad episode, I do think it's one of the weaker episodes so far.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh, I'm not being negative. The fact that I'm willing to give this episode a chance is more positive than a lot of posts here. I'm just offering a suggestion for why people might not be as interested in this episode. That's all. :)

Also, you misunderstand me when I say filler. I think I'm with the majority that doesn't consider SM 5 or 7 to be pure filler. The first has backstory for Lana, and the second develops Ash's relationship with Litten. FYI, I liked the Lana episode and think the Litten episode is one of the best so far.

When I say filler, I mean stuff like that random gadget festival episode from XYZ or a lot of the early XY episodes where there's no development or backstory or anything like that. I consider SM6 the only true filler so far, and while I don't think it's a bad episode, I do think it's one of the weaker episodes so far.

lol sorry I meant you were positive, you weren't being negative that I saw compared to others :p

Last edited by a moderator:

valvenya

Technically, it's not a "true" filler. It confirms Togedemaru's gender and bewear being a superhero

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah, I don't consider gender confirmation enough to make an episode non-filler.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The only thing that wouldn't make this a filler is if they introduced Hau.

Yeah, I don't consider gender confirmation enough to make an episode non-filler.

Yeah, that would make quite a few Best Wishes fillers not filler

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Technically, it's not a "true" filler. It confirms Togedemaru's gender and bewear being a superhero

lol i don't think this would help make it not filler because in every filler you usually learn something minor about a character, and gender for pokemon, imo, is quite a minor detail.

Abzu

Personaly I think it would be odd if Alolan Raichu didn't appear in this episode as Pancakes are mentioned... still depends the role it would have because here Alolan Raichu could be kind or could be a bully to Pikachu... but Alolan Raichu seems to nice for it.

Still a filler... but at least it could be a good one.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Since everyone thinks that Hau will appear eventually and he'll have Alolan Raichu as his ace, that's a possibility as well. This seems like a very strange way to debut him, but anything's possible.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What would any of them do a with a lifetime supply of ketchup? In fact, the only one who would probably be thrilled with a lifetime supply of ketchup is Pikachu. :p

Pancakes and ketchup? Would be an interesting nod to that old joke

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary:

Satoshi's classmate Mao tells him that the Pancake Race will soon take place. This is a race where Trainers and Pokémon work together to carry pancakes stacked up on a plate to the goal as fast as they can without the stack collapsing. Satoshi gets really interested and enters the Pancake Race together with Pikachu.

Please say Hau first appears here. I want to see the cutest snugglemuffin ever make his debut soon. Also its be cool to have Hau as Ash's rival because as far as I can remember, all of Ash's rivals have had some sort of edginess to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.