• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fun with Pick-up

Asphalizo

NidoKing Master
So about 2 or 3 weeks ago I decided that I needed a DDTar. The only Tyranitar's that I had were females. They both had EQ. However neither of them had DD. I also checked all of my games and I couldn't find a Earthquake TM anywhere. What good is a DDTar without Earthquake? Well, anyways I needed away to get an EQ. Well, just so happened that I had leveled up one of my Linoone to 91. Well the obvious solution presented itself. Clone my lvl 91 Linoone 4 times and proceed to go pickup harvesting. I did just that, went over to Victory Road in my emerald game, and proceed to level up random pokemon in order to take advantage of pickup. Needless to say it only took 2 to 3 weeks before I got TM 26. Whats amazing is I documented everything else that picked up. Here is what I picked up:

03 Leftovers
46 Rare Candies
35 Revives
39 Full Restores
11 Max Elixirs
61 Hyper Potions
26 Proteins
25 HP UPs
04 PP Ups
25 Max Revives

On top of that I leveled up 4 different pokemon 10 lvls. It was a frustrating time but in the end it worked out. I immediantly cloned the TM 26 just in case I ever need it again.

AJslashSD

Missing my angel...
EV training while having 3 zigs stocked in my party ended up giving me 99 rare candies. Yay me.

I have to admit, those are some pretty nice numbers up there and this by itself has made me decide to finally go out and buy Emerald.

Raden Surya

Abdidalem of Erika
Well, everytime I EV train, I only need the EV training-Pokemon and Pelliper for transport, so I have 4 free spaces for my lv 91 pick-upper Linoones.

Since I EV train a lot, for now, as far as I can remember, I have got 3 Lefties, about 12 EQ TMs, 50-ish Rare Candies, a LOT of PP-ups, HP-ups and Proteins, almost countless Hyper Potions and Revives and many more I can't remember...

My advice, you can get the high level linoones by daycare-ocean glitch, then clone 'em. I do this before I know about that cloning thing, so I do the daycare-ocean glitch for all those Linoones >.<
And EV train is the best way to item-farming.

EdrickV

Wanderer
You know, Tyranitar learns Earthquake on it's own at level 61. And if you had one of a higher level that didn't have it, you ought to have been able to learn it via the level up move tutor. :) Still, even on my Sapphire I've considered making a full party of Zigzagoon's/Linoone's and running around letting them Pick Up stuff. (Have like 29 Rare Candy's on my Sapphire, largely due to Pick Up.) Would really like to have Emerald though for the better abilities. (And not just Pick Up.) I'll get it eventually.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
In Ruby, I had Zigzagoon Pick-up 10 Rare Candies, 50 Super Potions, 15 Hyper Potions, 15 PP-UP, 15 Revive and lots more.

Scepgatr

Thats a nice collection of items you got from Pick-Up. I have Emerald, and I just clone everything, so I never really bothered with Pick-Up ability.

cxoa

Heat Trainer
yep me too, although i do have a lvl 100 linoone for pickup, which ill probably clone for d/p

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
My Lvl 100 Linoone in Emerald has never picked up TM26 but picks up everthing else.