• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Importing

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I used the search thread and nothing came up...so...

I have heard Nintendo are not allowing imports.. even though i have pre-ordered mine...
anyone else pre-ordering?

Nintendo Cant Control imports, If i lived in America i could buy it and then ship it to UK and nintendo couldnt satop me.

I have pre-ordered and Imported Pokemon Diamond (i actually live in UK)

Dont worry Whoever told you that Info is a Lier

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Yeah i'm in the u.k too.I think it is bullpoo though.... as the pokemon ranger i have is an american import!!

Icy Death

Freeze. Now.
I'm waiting till the english version comes out. And I got my Pokemon Ranger two weeks ago, and there's still about 10 zillion of them on the shelf.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
That's good to hear!!! thanks for the info guys??

so is anyone else importing?

MaskedManAbsolkid

I might be importing Diamond. And the most Nintendo can do with imports is suggest that it's stopped or sue them.

Reg teh Yoshi

Boing Groing
Ah, it seems the news has spread here...

Actually, Nintendo of Europe is going to sue everyone who imports the American version into Europe, since NoE want it to be A big hit when it hits Europe and they vie to have the 5 languages in the Game. Europeans can import the JAP version. Also the person, regardless of country, that sold the game to the buyer via online shall be sued as well. This does interfere with Free Trade Law but it seems NoE dosen't give A flying ****. Sorry for my language.

Demonic Dialga

I'm importing mine from america, if Nintendo argues, they have no legal recourse against anyone due to free trade laws.

Phoenix_Cypher

Altaria Trainer
I'm importing this from Play-Asia. (seeing Malaysian retailers here are slowwwwww). I am just waiting for their preorder page, which is nowhere in sight.

Tizzy

Ah, it seems the news has spread here...

Actually, Nintendo of Europe is going to sue everyone who imports the American version into Europe, since NoE want it to be A big hit when it hits Europe and they vie to have the 5 languages in the Game. Europeans can import the JAP version. Also the person, regardless of country, that sold the game to the buyer via online shall be sued as well. This does interfere with Free Trade Law but it seems NoE dosen't give A flying ****. Sorry for my language.

I think its most likely this only applies to retailers, my friend, not to single, natural people. What I mean is that if, for example, GAME decided to sell imports of pokemon (Or any other game), nintendo actually COULD sue, since in the box of the game it clearly says "For sale only in north and latin america/japan/whatever", which means that the product is NOT licensed for sale there and, since NoE owns the right to the distribution of the product in that zone, they could aswell sue the retailer whos carrying the imports. However, when you buy from Play-Asia, for example, NoE can't do anything since, even when you live in Europe, the actual transaction is being made in hong kong, which is in asia, where they don't have any rights over the game. What I mean is, when you import from Asia (Or some northamerican retailer) who can ship it to you, you're actually buying the game in that country and having somebody (In this case the very store) shipping it to you as an aditional service, therefore NoE can't do anything about it, but, if a proper retailer decides to sell said item on europe, they'd need to have the sales/distribution permission for that area, which they don't--since the product isnt licensed to be sold there and, therefore they could be breaking a law. I hope I explained myself well =)

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Exactly.....your right!!

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Why would Nintendo do that? They couldn't anyways.

Chris

Old Coot
And you people wonder why Nintendo never does any events outside of Japan. ;)

Sir Devious

Sir Devious