• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Marina

XSilverStarboyX

Yes Im talking about the girl from the Raikou special. Well, as of this point it seems the patern is Ash's female traveling partner is always the girl from the current generation(May and Dawn), but how do you think things would have gone if Marina was Ash's traveling partner in Jhoto instead of Misty. I mean, everyone said she was way too boring in Jhoto so do you think Marina would have been better;152;?

The final pillar head

it will be cool but marina might not join his group. the chances are slim but Satoshi's girl companion rival for johto is possible

neptune_84

It's go time!
it would have been a better option than misty going round with him, but i am hoping we might see her in diamond and pearl. would be cool if the grand festival has a championship like the league were the winner has to face the top co-ordinator, and it was said in a previous episode of diamond and pearl that she is the top co-ordinator.

Leomon

The digital warrior
well, Marina was a pretty good character in the game, i would guess that johto would have been alot better with her.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Marina wouldn't have anything to do though. Contests weren't invented yet and I doubt we'll have two people doing Gyms.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Marina was introduced too late in the series to be the traveling partner, anyway.

I never really cared for Marina personally, but since the same could be said for each of Ash's female companions I guess it could fit.

I must have missed this episode, I only know the Marina from the Golduck episode. But personally I am a Misty fan. I did not much care for any of his other female company.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
That's a different Marina.

This Marina was seen in the Raikou Special, or the first three episodes of " Pokemon Chronicles " in the dub.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Marina also makes a few random cameos in the D/P series, oddly enough.

No surprise, she's another coordinator now like May and Dawn.

XSilverStarboyX

Marina was introduced too late in the series to be the traveling partner, anyway.

I never really cared for Marina personally, but since the same could be said for each of Ash's female companions I guess it could fit.

Well i think the reason they didnt use her was by the time the Jhoto saga was created, the female trainer was not done yet. She was still in the works;152;.

Marina wouldn't have anything to do though. Contests weren't invented yet and I doubt we'll have two people doing Gyms.
Same could be said about Misty and Brock but Misty was in for about 190+ episodes, and Brock has been in the show for about twice as long;152;

Profesco

gone gently
Meh, the Marina character from the anime didn't have any defining features that made her more interesting than Misty anyway. In my opinion, the greatest interpretation of the GSC female was Crys, from Pokemon Adventures. If the anime Marina was more like her, then maybe this idea would have had some merit.

It would have been cool if that happened but like the others said it was just too late. Plus yah she would have just been another Misty, nothing to do. Than people would have complained that she was just a boring Misty clone blah, blah, blah. Maybe shey'll get an appearnce in D/P So many characters have been appearing.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
From what I can remember, Marina was really just an energetic young girl.
Make her a boy, and you've got Ash, really.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
We'll always remember Tracey in our hearts as, "The guy who replaced Brock" and then got dumped at Oak's lab for the rest of the series. What a trooper, that Tracey was.