• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
A lot of the Mega evolutions are ugly to be honest (Manectric comes to mind). The selection process was a bit weird too (Manectric comes to mind again). Some pokemon that got them honestly should have gotten proper evolutions instead (Mawile, Absol).

Good thing ugliness is subjective. What you find ugly, other people might find pretty and cool. I don't see much difference between mega evolutions and "proper" evolutions. They are all evolutions, except one is temporary and has a freaking cool evolution animation during battles (seriously, my Mawile is like a Kamen Rider transforming every time he goes to battle :p). Also, one can say that a lot of proper evolutions are ugly as well. Rhyperior, for example, is commonly said to be ugly... I don't agree though, I think it looks awesome. Magmortar, on other hand.... Ew. Seriously, I am all for more mega evolutions instead of proper evolutions. The dex is already monstrously huge, so I'd rather Game Freak create evolutions that aren't counted in the dex, like megas. Plus, as I said, the in battle transformations are freaking cool.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
Has anyone tried Mega-Kangaskhan out? wondering because he will be on my team

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
I've had trouble skimming through this particular board so~

Any mega's seeming incredibly overpowered?

Began checking their stats since people are finally getting the numbers down for this gen and Mega Mawile getting nearly 700 attack comes to mind for "overpowered as can be"

So~

Any thoughts on certain megas being OP?

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
I've had trouble skimming through this particular board so~

Any mega's seeming incredibly overpowered?

Began checking their stats since people are finally getting the numbers down for this gen and Mega Mawile getting nearly 700 attack comes to mind for "overpowered as can be"

So~

Any thoughts on certain megas being OP?

Mawile is too slow and HP is too low for it to be any where close to being OP but it's too early in the meta games life to tell what's OP and what's not

Rakurai

Mega Mawile is extremely slow and Sucker Punch is the only form of priority it has access to, so it balances it out in that regard.

Its subpar HP stat also keeps its ability to take hits in check.

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
700 base (with huge power) despite the speed doesn't seem to balance out to me but hey, I've been surprised.

I can just see meta revolving around trick rooms or abusing sucker punch to the point of the meta avoiding anything that particular move can destroy :/

Or just banning from OU lol.

It is true that all remains to be seen, but first impressions are something :p

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Not sure this means anything but in today episode when Sycamore was talking about mega evos we see a silhouette of two pokemon, one seems to be Haxorus the other one I didn't see that well what it was.

It was basicly two blue shadows with red glowing eyes.

Bluemage21

Not sure this means anything but in today episode when Sycamore was talking about mega evos we see a silhouette of two pokemon, one seems to be Haxorus the other one I didn't see that well what it was.

It was basicly two blue shadows with red glowing eyes.

At the very least, I think we can all say that Ash's Charizard is going Mega at some point, and when it does it will be awesome.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I think that:
Mega Charizard Y
Mega Gengar
Mega Gyarados
Mega Scizor
Mega Heracross
Mega Tyranitar
Mega Blaziken
Mega Aggron
Mega Absol
Mega Garchomp
Mega Lucario

Has the ticket to go to the Uber tier. About Mewtwo, I think that the Mewtwo formes will be banned from the Uber tier.

This can go to Uber or OU depending of circunstances:
Merga Charizard X
Mega Alakazam
Mega Kangaskhan
Mega Gardevoir
Mega Mawile
Mega Medicham
Mega Banette
Mega Abomasnow

The rest of the Megas can be in OU with no problem:
Mega Venusaur
Mega Blastoise
Mega Pinsir
Mega Aerodactyl (if it doesn't learn Brave Bird)
Mega Ampharos
Mega Houndoom
Mega Manectric

Remember that
Choice Band, Scarf, Specs forces the user to use ONE attack and had to switch to change an attack if the user changes the pokemon.
Life Orb causes 10% of recoil every tiem that it's used, even if you have Rock Head or are using a recoil move.
Leftovers heals 1/16 of the HP every turn. It's recovery but nothing comparable to those stats (specially given that all of them are offensive).

Mega-species are a terrible idea and thewy are making some powerful pokemon. And because those pokemon are overpowered, we have to nerf powerful special attackls in exchange. Because they allowed perma.-Rain and perma-Sun outside of Groudon & Kyogre.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
At the very least, I think we can all say that Ash's Charizard is going Mega at some point, and when it does it will be awesome.

Not the place to talk about the anime, I made that post to tell me that we possibly have more mega evos or maybe that was just an example or something.

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
Mega-species are a terrible idea and thewy are making some powerful pokemon. And because those pokemon are overpowered, we have to nerf powerful special attackls in exchange. Because they allowed perma.-Rain and perma-Sun outside of Groudon & Kyogre.

Not really, their only a terrible idea to some Smogon and competitive players since to them, their OP but to other players, they're just pretty cool. Besides, I've heard that Mega Charizard Y's Drought only last 5 turns. Or so I've heard.

Bluemage21

Not really, their only a terrible idea to some Smogon and competitive players since to them, their OP but to other players, they're just pretty cool. Besides, I've heard that Mega Charizard Y's Drought only last 5 turns. Or so I've heard.

All weather abilities have been nerfed to only last five turns now, which is going to seriously hurt Charizard Y.

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
All weather abilities have been nerfed to only last five turns now, which is going to seriously hurt Charizard Y.

My dear Arceus.

I have been intentionally ignoring pokemon info until I got X (so now that I have it I've been relearning this and that).

That is the most glorious thing I've heard.

I loved weather, but when all I could ever find were weather teams I lost all passion for them x3

mankarp

Do we know if we can use regular mega pokemon in the battle tower or against random trainers via online? i'm sure you won't be able to use mega mewtwo, but i expect mega mawile or mega aggron to be available for the battle tower.
I also want the battle tower trainers to use some megas here and there it makes it more challenging :)

Bluemage21

Do we know if we can use regular mega pokemon in the battle tower or against random trainers via online? i'm sure you won't be able to use mega mewtwo, but i expect mega mawile or mega aggron to be available for the battle tower.
I also want the battle tower trainers to use some megas here and there it makes it more challenging :)

there is not actually battle tower, just the battle maison, and yes you can use Mega's there. THough "special" pokemon (like Mewtwo) are not allowed as far as i know.

Goten21

Hey guys, I just thought about something
What if you know that a NPC's pokemon is holding a mega stone

Then you could basically use an item stealing move, and steal the mega stone, right
And how is that with online battles?

mankarp

there is not actually battle tower, just the battle maison, and yes you can use Mega's there. THough "special" pokemon (like Mewtwo) are not allowed as far as i know.
yeah yeah i know it's not battle tower but i didn't know how it was called :D. Btw do you know if we can battle in doubles with a friend in the battle maison? I mean, via wifi. We could do it in DPPHGSS with the battle frontier but not in BW/B2W2 with the battle subway :/. We could only play via wireless and i expected that with the 3ds better online compatibility we could at least play some rounds together against the CPU trainers.

Thanks for all your answers man :)

Tenilius

Then you could basically use an item stealing move, and steal the mega stone, right

That stuff doesn't carry outside of the online battle. Same sort of deal with consumable items (eg. Gems, Focus Sashes) not being used.

saldu

If you mean stealing the actual item and keeping it, no.

If you mean preventing the mega evolution by stealing it, also no, since mega evolution comes even before priority moves.

Goten21

If you mean stealing the actual item and keeping it, no.

If you mean preventing the mega evolution by stealing it, also no, since mega evolution comes even before priority moves.

What if the user chooses not to use it untill the second turn though

Status
Not open for further replies.