• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Minecraft

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
So I started watching Team Avolition's stuff... and haven't stopped.

Their new one goes to a whole new level. They find a Christian server with the admin harassing users to donate, even telling one to steal from his girlfriend while she's asleep. Not only that but they interrupt play to gather all the players for "Church" which involves using Books as bibles, players jumping into blocks of "Holy Water" and wasting everyone's time.

Justice was done. They griefed the HELL out of that server. Or into it I guess.

Abstinence Pistols

So I started watching Team Avolition's stuff... and haven't stopped.

Their new one goes to a whole new level. They find a Christian server with the admin harassing users to donate, even telling one to steal from his girlfriend while she's asleep. Not only that but they interrupt play to gather all the players for "Church" which involves using Books as bibles, players jumping into blocks of "Holy Water" and wasting everyone's time.

Justice was done. They griefed the HELL out of that server. Or into it I guess.

Subbed. Subbed so hard. That was hilarious.

Cobalt_Latios

Indeed they do.

Does anyone here know anything about obtaining a... Uh... Coughhackedclientcough?

PokemonOwn

Ughhh. On the server that I'm on, I've just fixed the Greifer damage on 3 houses. One was a castle.

I hate greifers...

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
> Logged onto c.nerd.nu
> Two friends and griefed approximately one house
> Admin finds us suspicious
> I tell admin it's my house
> Admin says it was made yesterday and by someone else
> Banhammered

Team AVO makes it look so easy...

Phoopes

There it is.
All right... a bunch of people I know are obsessed with Minecraft. I've seen them play it, and it looks extremely boring. What's the big deal about Minecraft? Is there even a point to the game? Convince me to play it, because everyone that I know has failed.

Abstinence Pistols

> Logged onto c.nerd.nu
> Banhammered

Dude, I've been on c.nerd.nu before..
1. people can call mods if they see you.
2. it's always packed.
3. wait until there are no mods on and wreck it. It's a griefer's paradise because the mods have to protect land for you and half of these huge elaborate creations are unlocked. I'd hit it, but I don't wanna lose my giant mushroom.
4. INVITE ME NEXT TIME!

Un0va said:
3. wait until there are no mods on and wreck it. It's a griefer's paradise because the mods have to protect land for you and half of these huge elaborate creations are unlocked. I'd hit it, but I don't wanna lose my giant mushroom.
4. INVITE ME NEXT TIME!

3. There were no mods on. The mod/admin whatever logged in and then after twenty minutes or so came and found us out.

4. You were probably asleep.

Cobalt_Latios

It's like my friend told me about his golden rule for griefing:
"I'm all for griefing. It's hilarious. Just as long as it's not my stuff."
Exactly. And when they grief you, you get them right back.

The "plot" (if you can call it that), is that you wake up on an Island and have to survive, though most people turn their Islands into a utopian society and build stuff.
Its fantastic if you're autistic.
Pretty much. Except that I've started using texture packs and mods to "enhance" the experience. Nothing quite like playing Minecraft using a Myst themed texture pack with a Portal Gun mod and "toomanyitems" mod.

> Logged onto c.nerd.nu
> Banhammered

They're professionals, and they have a certain way of griefing that prevents them from looking too suspicious. Like dismantling a house, stealing the items of value, and making it look like there was initially no proof of a house there to begin with.

I usually don't like griefing, but these guys do it in such a way that it's both hilarious and incredibly entertaining.

/CL

Wat.
Yeah Team Avo's good at griefing, but from what I can tell it seems like they cut a lot of the more boring parts out of it. You can't usually just go on and grief, especially without a hacked client. Usually you gotta start building and not look suspicious, especially in the presence of other people so that they'll defend you. Also once they hit a server, its hard to grief afterwards because they know a lot of people will try to do so.

Yeah, my friends and I tried that on a different server, earning everyone's trust etc.

Then we chickened out 'cos they were too nice...

Abstinence Pistols

Yeah Team Avo's good at griefing, but from what I can tell it seems like they cut a lot of the more boring parts out of it. You can't usually just go on and grief, especially without a hacked client. Usually you gotta start building and not look suspicious, especially in the presence of other people so that they'll defend you. Also once they hit a server, its hard to grief afterwards because they know a lot of people will try to do so.

What can the hacked client actually do that some mods can't? This is an honest question, as I'm just thinking that getting some mods similar to their client would do the job.

Wat.
What can the hacked client actually do that some mods can't? This is an honest question, as I'm just thinking that getting some mods similar to their client would do the job.

They custom program it so I don't exactly know. I know it has an xray mod that has been released, capes on their characters, sneaking, flying, going fast, quickly breaking blocks, and a command ".crash" which crashes servers. I don't know what's been released or not though.