• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Minecraft

Slick

Banned
So, I worked out how to run Minecraft off my USB and I set it up with several mods, all from the Yogbox, besides Optifine, which they recommended anyway.
Minecraft is now virtually unplayable and gets massive lag spikes. I've done heaps to try and work it out from the settings, but it continues to have these spikes. Anybody have any suggestions?

fhqwhgads

Yeah, we wouldn't release it to the general public. We'd pass it around our group that's discussing it, and anyone else who wants to join has to ask/contribute their dollar every month(on that note, we should pay monthly to add/remove slots quickly).

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
Yeah, we wouldn't release it to the general public. We'd pass it around our group that's discussing it, and anyone else who wants to join has to ask/contribute their dollar every month(on that note, we should pay monthly to add/remove slots quickly).

Definitely this. More people would be needed, because a server with only 4 regulars gets kind of boring.

Anyway, anyone here watch Pyropuncher? I've been watching his LP since episode 1. He's one of those people that really speaks to and consults his fanbase about things.

Last edited:
I would pay for it.
Did Notch/Jeb mention any secret releases along with 1.8?

So nobody has tips on making Minecraft less laggy? : (

I'd tell you if I could. I'm playing render distance tiny, bobbing off, smooth lighting off and I'm still getting awful FPS.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
There isn't much you can do to improve Minecraft's performance, actually. Try running Game Booster. Try going to task manager and setting "javaw.exe" to priority high. Smooth lighting off. Also, I've found that if I ran the "f3 setting" (which shows everything including the little red bar on the left bottom of the screen), my game would run significantly smoother.

I don't expect anyone to help me pay for this. :u Really, it's only $10 a month (I'm just rounding up at this point, I hate small numbers), that's pretty cheap. I'm an idiot, that's for sure, but I wouldn't offer if it wasn't available in my budget. I'd only pass out the IP to those who I know would use it, and we'd obviously all work together on putting up the proper defenses, like anti-griefing. And of course sandwiches and beverages will be provided.

Last edited:

fhqwhgads

I don't expect anyone to help me pay for this. :u Really, it's only $10 a month (I'm just rounding up at this point, I hate small numbers), that's pretty cheap. I'd only pass out the IP to those who I know would use it, and we'd obviously all work together on putting up the proper defenses, like anti-griefing. And of course sandwiches and beverages will be provided.
Actually, even less. It's $1 per person, minimum of five.

And hey, whenever I can, I'll nab a prepaid Visa to toss into a Paypal account and send over to you.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
I don't expect anyone to help me pay for this. :u Really, it's only $10 a month (I'm just rounding up at this point, I hate small numbers), that's pretty cheap. I'm an idiot, that's for sure, but I wouldn't offer if it wasn't available in my budget. I'd only pass out the IP to those who I know would use it, and we'd obviously all work together on putting up the proper defenses, like anti-griefing. And of course sandwiches and beverages will be provided.

No, really. I want sandwiches and beverages. Anyways, I'll help you out as far as the server goes (no cash at the moment until I start my jerb).

So, I'm in if it's okay.