• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Narubo (NOT Naruto...or is it?)

Taichi

I GOT THIS FROM YCM AND THOUGHT THAT YOU GUYS SHOULD KNOW.

YCM Anime Section said:
I'm suprised that nobody brought this up yet on this forum.

Quoting from another forum, because this guy pretty much summed up my thoughts about this:
Now before you think that Masashi Kishimoto make the next Naruto manga, sorry to disappoint you. It's not. It's an manga created by some company in Indonesia without any license from Masashi Kishimoto. So, yeah. it's a blatant plagiarism and the book is real. And it's not a doujin, dattebayo!

You can see the image here

[spoil]
DSC00073.jpg
[/spoil]

I'm very very surprised that there's an Indonesia's company who made this kind of comic which is not enough just to call this 'epic fail'. It's more than that. But, I'm impressed the creator doesn't put his name on this book. If he write it, well, imagine it.

This manga pretty much shocked me not only that it was a blatant plagiarism, but it already reach a bookstore. Even worse, the price is 150% more expensive than any regular manga sold in that book store. Really, I'm speechless and disappointed when I know about this. Even though it's more expensive, this manga doesn't worth to buy at all and if you look at how this picture drawn, you would know who is the better artist if you compare your picture to this manga.

I'll give you a sample about the picture in that manga. Glad there's someone who is kind enough to translate it.

Someone need to report this to Shueisha. What do you think about this manga?

So yeah, your feelings torwards this?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The chinese do this all the time with their cartoons copying literally everything under the sun. Not surprising this happens.

7 tyranitars

lol thats like 90% copy :/ if not 100

Rex Kamex

HA!

I can't wait to see one of those for One Piece...

Rave

Banned
First Nick Simmons, now this?

I see we have a new trend coming up this year.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
First Nick Simmons, now this?

I see we have a new trend coming up this year.
Well actually because copyright doesn't work out so well in some asian countries this is rather common. I remember some show that combined digimon and pokemon and other popular shows.

Rex Kamex

When I was a kid I made up and drew my own creatures and characters in a series called BoxiMon (Boxing Monsters). If you think Digimon is a rip-off of Pokemon, then you've obviously never heard of the tales of Max Getem from Pollet Town, trying to be a BoxiMon Master with his Boximon called Sneakachu. Watch as he travels through the land of Kando and collects ten badges to get into the BoxiMon league, trying to beat his rival Larry and watching out for Team Rocketship.

Anyway, I want to read this manga... It'd be funny if people thought it was better than Naruto...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
More plagiarism in the manga world? I'm not too surprised since this happens a lot in Asia, but I find the art on the Narubo books kinda funny and odd-looking. Looks like One Piece is the only manga not being plagiarized, but I could be wrong.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
*head slam*
The users who have posted so far, their user icons suit what they are saying!
lmao
Aside from that more head slams! This is pathetic.

Xobuttsubso

<- Best DP Legendary
If you think Digimon is a rip-off of Pokemon, then you've obviously never heard of the tales of Max Getem from Pollet Town, trying to be a BoxiMon Master with his Boximon called Sneakachu.

...in addition to being completely clueless, considering that Digimon and Pokémon have next to nothing in common beyond the "fighting monsters" thing (which had already been done by a few NES and SNES games before either Digimon or Pokémon existed anyway.)

But yeah, back on topic... it's kinda funny that so many obvious knock-off manga are showing up recently, though the "Gene Simmons' son ripped off Bleach" thing is a little more unexpected than this one.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Wow, that's some blatant plagerism. It even calls itself "The Next Generation of Naruto". The animation is poor and I'm sure the story lines are horrible (or just cheap knock offs of the real story line). You'd think something like that would be illegal. Still, I can't help wondering what knock off Sasuke looks like.

Wolfangs

Pokemon Breeder
Wow that is sad not only it looks like a crap rip off but they are charging more for it 2 lol does the creators of naruto get a profit cut from these people or what cause if they dont LAWSUIT if possible (not sure how law for stealing stuff like this goes in asia).

Really just looks like a badly drawn sequel fancomic. Shouldn't be published, though. We have the internet for that ****. Also that ninja looks like Serpico from Berserk.

Last edited: