• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Can someone help me on the mechanics of Knock Off ?

So what happends if your pokemon holds a Dark Reducing berry and gets hit by Knock Off?

The berry will activate before the move hits so the berry will be consumed before damage has been dealt, does this mean that the base power will be 65 instead of 95 (Adding the reduced damage thanks to the berry)

If Knock Off hits a Pokemon with the anti-dark berry (Colbur?), the base power will still be 95 and the berry will activate. The damage is calculated before the berry activated, but not inflicted yet, thus the berry still activates.

As a source, check out: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Knock_Off_(move)

TalyJ

Just curious: is there any way to get behind the DayCare Centre in ORAS? There is some water and grass back there but I can't see a way through.
I hope this is the right place for this question. My apologies if it's not..

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Just curious: is there any way to get behind the DayCare Centre in ORAS? There is some water and grass back there but I can't see a way through.
I hope this is the right place for this question. My apologies if it's not..

Nope. It's completely inaccessible.

mastermew

Hey guys, I just bought another OmegaRuby so I could use the shiny charm to get shiny legendaries on this run through, but how do I get my eon ticket from my other game into this one? I have left my game in sleep mode with the DS closed and then on my other DS put my new game in sleep mode also so I could street pass the eon ticket, but so far nothing is happening.. Am I doing something wrong? If someone could PM me or something I would REALLY appreciate it!

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Hey guys, I just bought another OmegaRuby so I could use the shiny charm to get shiny legendaries on this run through, but how do I get my eon ticket from my other game into this one? I have left my game in sleep mode with the DS closed and then on my other DS put my new game in sleep mode also so I could street pass the eon ticket, but so far nothing is happening.. Am I doing something wrong? If someone could PM me or something I would REALLY appreciate it!

Do you have the wireless thing on? If it is off, you need to turn it on to pass on the ticket. For me, I just have both games on and play until the ticket is passed.

mastermew

Do you have the wireless thing on? If it is off, you need to turn it on to pass on the ticket. For me, I just have both games on and play until the ticket is passed.

Yes wireless is on. Can I just play the two games next to each other without being in sleep mode and still pass it? Or do I need to play them then just close the system and walk around with them by each other?

Also, I got my eon ticket from the serial code distribution, does that make a difference if I can pass it along or not?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yes wireless is on. Can I just play the two games next to each other without being in sleep mode and still pass it? Or do I need to play them then just close the system and walk around with them by each other?

Also, I got my eon ticket from the serial code distribution, does that make a difference if I can pass it along or not?

You can play them without either being in sleep mode cause that is what I do. I am not sure about whether the ticket is passed when both are in sleep mode though. I don't think the eon ticket being obtained by serial code would stop the ticket from being passed but I got mine from street pass in Auckland, so I am not sure on that matter.

Autobot N

You can play them without either being in sleep mode cause that is what I do. I am not sure about whether the ticket is passed when both are in sleep mode though. I don't think the eon ticket being obtained by serial code would stop the ticket from being passed but I got mine from street pass in Auckland, so I am not sure on that matter.

I got mine from the Serial Code, and I can Streetpass it just fine.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
So I'm multi battling at Maison and I notice it's not 3d while I have 3d on. I checked the home screen; 3d works. I saved and rebooted game; the intro to the game was 3d. Why aren't the battles in 3d at the Maison? Is that seriously how they made it or is something messed up?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I'm multi battling at Maison and I notice it's not 3d while I have 3d on. I checked the home screen; 3d works. I saved and rebooted game; the intro to the game was 3d. Why aren't the battles in 3d at the Maison? Is that seriously how they made it or is something messed up?

When you're doing a multi battle at the Battle Maison, it is not meant to be 3D. It's probably that you've suspended the software (went to the home menu) while battling and when you resumed the multi battle, it is not meant to be 3D, so it is not a glitch. But the game intro is meant to be in 3D.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks, that's weird that it's not 3d though.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
So is it normal to delete the original save of a pokemon game for the sake of catching better or more legendaries?

For instance, the Kyogre, Regi trio, and Rayquaza I caught in my initial Alpha Sapphire playthrough are not as good as I would want them to be due to my not being able to alter their natures at the time, whereas now I am able to influence the natures of legendaries. The same can be said about my Y playthrough, but not to as big an example since theres only like 3 legendaries available per playthrough. I'm also kinda bored, but not bored enough to delete saves willy nilly.

I also ask because on Smogon I notice there are two sets for multiple legendaries, noticeably to me Landorus and Heatran.

KillerDraco

So is it normal to delete the original save of a pokemon game for the sake of catching better or more legendaries?

For instance, the Kyogre, Regi trio, and Rayquaza I caught in my initial Alpha Sapphire playthrough are not as good as I would want them to be due to my not being able to alter their natures at the time, whereas now I am able to influence the natures of legendaries. The same can be said about my Y playthrough, but not to as big an example since theres only like 3 legendaries available per playthrough. I'm also kinda bored, but not bored enough to delete saves willy nilly.

I also ask because on Smogon I notice there are two sets for multiple legendaries, noticeably to me Landorus and Heatran.

Moved this to the OR/AS Help Thread since it's more about in-game mechanics than Competitive stuff.

In any event, no. What people generally do is save prior to catching a Pokemon, and then Soft Reset (SR) if the nature/IVs are not ideal. If the nature/IVs work, then they stop SR'ing and save after catching the legendary.

Some people may delete their games to catch additional Legendaries (usually they transfer their Pokemon to another game or PokeBank first), but for simply getting ideal natures/IVs on a legendary, there's no sense replaying the entire story when SR'ing works that much better (and faster).

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

In the event of catching MORE legendaries, restarting your game is the only legal way to get more unless you have another copy of the game. And honestly, that's what I believe most people do - buy another copy of the game (or the opposite one of what they have). A lot of people don't want to delete a save file that they've put a lot of work into, so having another junk copy of the game to rush through and SR for legends is often a good compromise.

However, with the advent of PokeBank, this really isn't necessary to do anymore. In the past, you needed a second copy to hold all of your Pokemon. Now, if you really wanted to restart, you could save all of your 'Mons, but you'd lose all of your Battle Points and rare items.

For me personally, I've traded for most of my good legends, and I've collected and SR'd them through the years since I've been playing Pokemon since Gen I.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
The Wynaut egg is taking a ridiculous amount of time to hatch

"The Egg Watch":

It looks as though this Egg will take a long time yet to hatch.

I've taken so many steps on the Mach Bike for the past ten minutes.

Care to explain?

NotABeginningTrainer

The Wynaut egg is taking a ridiculous amount of time to hatch

"The Egg Watch":

It looks as though this Egg will take a long time yet to hatch.

I've taken so many steps on the Mach Bike for the past ten minutes.

Care to explain?

From the main site:
http://www.serebii.net/games/breed.shtml

Scroll down to the part about eggs. Look for the part about egg cycles.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/360.shtml

Here are the base egg steps for Wynaut: 5120. Keep in mind that this is not exactly the number of steps you need to take. The process is more complicated than that.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Crescent Island appeared today, so I decided to catch Crescelia. No issues there. Then I decided to see what other areas I could soar to today. When I got to the Pathless Plain and Namelss Cavern, the rings were there, but no Pokémon battles began. I haven't caught any other Eon Flute Pokémon yet. Are you only able to find one per day? Thanks

Edit: I also found the Fabled Cave and I was able to battle Reshiram. Is it just random that some locations have a legendary and some don't each day?

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Omigo-

So please tell me that you can still actually do stuff on the SS Tidal after the first time...because I'm clueless and it's just teleporting me to ports and I can't explore the ship for battles/items >.<

Koumashiki

ポケモントレーナーになる?
Omigo-

So please tell me that you can still actually do stuff on the SS Tidal after the first time...because I'm clueless and it's just teleporting me to ports and I can't explore the ship for battles/items >.<

You can still explore the ship as long as you go from Lilycove to Slateport or vice versa.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Oh phew! I was trying different combos but couldn't figure it out, guess I missed that one. I'll try again. Thanks