• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Anime Versus Thread v4

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Gladion would probably destroy Paul without Paul knowing about the RKS system throwing Paul off balance then using a couple of Multi attacks to win

With Paul knowing he would probably tell Electivire to do as much damage as possible before Gladion can use the RKS system the battle would be a lot closer but still end with Gladion winning

Silvally is probably one of the strongest Pokemon that one of Ash's rivals has had
it goes like this. 1.Alains Mega Chard X, 2. Sawyers mega Sceptile 3.Gladion's Silvally

Ash vs Cynthia would probably go like this

Sceptile vs Garchomp Winner Garchomp 5-6
Infernape vs Garchomp Winner Garchomp 4-6
Snorlax vs Garchomp Winner Garchomp 3-6
Charizard vs Garchomp Winner Garchomp 2-6
Ash-Greninja vs Garchomp (mega evolves now) Draw (Garchomp would be tired enough to go down but still take Greninja down with it) 1-5
Pikachu vs Glaceon (Cynthia has one in the anime) Winner Glaceon 0-5

Ash could take Garchomp down with most of theof his Pokemon doing a lot of damage but Garchomp would still do enough damage for Cynthia to get a easy win

No, he wouldn't. Lmao. Electivire is stronger than Brandon's Regice. Silvally doesn't have much feats. Electivire > Silvally. Paul beats Gladion in 3 on 3. Lol.Silvally got trouble with non trained Melmetal(Mythical) and Silvally(Legendary) is trained way more than Melmetal..That means Silvally would have trouble with BF Regice aswell( probably would beat it in the end but it'd be hard) and Electivire >DP Pikachu who > BF Pikachu who beat BF Regice. So at best Silvally is between BF and DP Pikachu( at primes).Melmetal would be per say BF Regice level.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
No, he wouldn't. Lmao. Electivire is stronger than Brandon's Regice. Silvally doesn't have much feats. Electivire > Silvally. Paul beats Gladion in 3 on 3. Lol.Silvally got trouble with non trained Melmetal(Mythical) and Silvally(Legendary) is trained way more than Melmetal..That means Silvally would have trouble with BF Regice aswell( probably would beat it in the end but it'd be hard) and Electivire >DP Pikachu who > BF Pikachu who beat BF Regice. So at best Silvally is between BF and DP Pikachu( at primes).Melmetal would be per say BF Regice level.

Electivire was stronger than Pikachu tho coz of volt absorb meaning an electric type can't beat electivire. So due to that circumstance we can't say it beating Pikachu means it can defeat regis.

CMButch

Electivire was stronger than Pikachu tho coz of volt absorb meaning an electric type can't beat electivire. So due to that circumstance we can't say it beating Pikachu means it can defeat regis.
Volt Asborb: Restores HP if hit by an Electric-type move. Electivire got hit by what prior that? Quick Attack and in the anime he got fast. So yeah, Electivire without it would've still beaten Pikachu who > BF Pikachu > BF Regice. Yes we can, that's how feat work LOL.( Also he would only defeat BF Regice, we don't know about DP Regice still we don't know how stronger it got since it trained with Brandon for a while.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Volt Asborb: Restores HP if hit by an Electric-type move. Electivire got hit by what prior that? Quick Attack and in the anime he got fast. So yeah, Electivire without it would've still beaten Pikachu who > BF Pikachu > BF Regice. Yes we can, that's how feat work LOL.( Also he would only defeat BF Regice, we don't know about DP Regice still we don't know how stronger it got since it trained with Brandon for a while.

Sorry it wasn't volt absorb it was motor drive. Which is why it's speed increased. So if an electric type fights with it and hits it it's speed increased so much that it managed to defeat Pikachu. That's why regice, a Pokemon not an electric type could beat electric type. (Heck Pikachu tied with elekid which made no sense so yeah just coz electivire managed to defeat an electric type Pokemon who kept hitting it with electric attacks to increase it's speed doesn't mean it can 100 percent beat regice either)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Remember that Pika wasn't at full health back then (and MD Electrivire still had trouble with tired and poisoned base Infernape)

CMButch

Sorry it wasn't volt absorb it was motor drive. Which is why it's speed increased. So if an electric type fights with it and hits it it's speed increased so much that it managed to defeat Pikachu. That's why regice, a Pokemon not an electric type could beat electric type. (Heck Pikachu tied with elekid which made no sense so yeah just coz electivire managed to defeat an electric type Pokemon who kept hitting it with electric attacks to increase it's speed doesn't mean it can 100 percent beat regice either)
Lol no just because speed increased somehow it beat Pikachu despite in the end when Pikachu hit him with Iron tail Electivire overpowered by Paul stating: "if Pikachu moves Electivire's Thunder Punch would overpower Iron Tail and Pikachu would lose." Lol Pikachu wasn't at prime when he battles Elekid, stupid logic. Pikachu in the league is. Yes it can I already debunked it why Electivire could beat Regice. He beat DP Pikachu who > BF Pikachu who beat Regice. Somehow based on your logic Electivire's Speed got boosted so his attack got boosted that's why he beat Pikachu hahahahhaah. No. Only speed boosted so he could match Pikachu's speed, attacks remain same and Electivire would overpower Pikachu's Iron tail, making him stronger. Logic.

"Exactly. Some people's logic to compare two Pokemon baffles me"
Hhahahhahahhahahah. Your logic is factually bad. At least I am not fanboying over certain characters ( cough ALOLA cough and cough Legendary/Mythical cough) but actually using logic.And didn't you say you won't reply to me, guess I was right AGAIN hahahahhaha. And comparing two Pokemon? What are you talking about. Lol. This is called VS thread.

Remember that Pika wasn't at full health back then (and MD Electrivire still had trouble with tired and poisoned base Infernape)
Electivire battled Gliscor for a bit yeah, but he's still beat Pikachu even if Pikachu was at full health just with more difficulty. So? That means Infernape > Electivire which was already established. Infernape > Regice, Infernape > Silvally etc. Not to mention that Pikachu beat Regice with Iron Tail(IIRC) and Electivire's TP > Iron tail based on Paul's statement.And DP IT > BF IT.Still doesn't change the fact that Electivire > DP Pikachu> Silvally > BF Pikachu > BF Regice.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Lol no just because speed increased somehow it beat Pikachu despite in the end when Pikachu hit him with Iron tail Electivire overpowered by Paul stating: "if Pikachu moves Electivire's Thunder Punch would overpower Iron Tail and Pikachu would lose." Lol Pikachu wasn't at prime when he battles Elekid, stupid logic. Pikachu in the league is. Yes it can I already debunked it why Electivire could beat Regice. He beat DP Pikachu who > BF Pikachu who beat Regice. Somehow based on your logic Electivire's Speed got boosted so his attack got boosted that's why he beat Pikachu hahahahhaah. No. Only speed boosted so he could match Pikachu's speed, attacks remain same and Electivire would overpower Pikachu's Iron tail, making him stronger. Logic.

"Exactly. Some people's logic to compare two Pokemon baffles me"
Hhahahhahahhahahah. Your logic is factually bad. At least I am not fanboying over certain characters ( cough ALOLA cough) but actually using logic.And didn't you say you won't reply to me, guess I was right AGAIN hahahahhaha. And comparing two Pokemon? What are you talking about. Lol. This is called VS thread.

Electivire battled Gliscor for a bit yeah, but he's still beat Pikachu even if Pikachu was at full health just with more difficulty. So? That means Infernape > Electivire which was already established. Infernape > Regice, Infernape > Silvally etc. Not to mention that Pikachu beat Regice with Iron Tail(IIRC) and Electivire's TP > Iron tail based on Paul's statement.And DP IT > BF IT.Still doesn't change the fact that Electivire > DP Pikachu> Silvally > BF Pikachu > BF Regice.
Pikachu beat Regice with Volt Tackle, not IT, and seeing how inconsistent Pikachu is between matches, we can't really compare him to previous fights unless he pulls something REALLY impressive and/or there is a tangible improvement, which I wouldn't say there was when comparing the Brandon and SL Paul fights. The ranking IMO would be like this:
SL semis Pika>>Infernape (counting the fact that he has to be nearly KO'd for Blaze to activate)>BF Regice~MD Electrivire>>Silvally (with Ground Drive)>SL quarter finals Pika~Base Electrivire~Silvally (normal)

CMButch

Pikachu beat Regice with Volt Tackle, not IT, and seeing how inconsistent Pikachu is between matches, we can't really compare him to previous fights unless he pulls something REALLY impressive and/or there is a tangible improvement, which I wouldn't say there was when comparing the Brandon and SL Paul fights. The ranking IMO would be like this:
SL semis Pika>>Infernape (counting the fact that he has to be nearly KO'd for Blaze to activate)>BF Regice~MD Electrivire>>Silvally (with Ground Drive)>SL quarter finals Pika~Base Electrivire~Silvally (normal)
I don't see how Pikachu is inconsistent in DP and XY, he's only inconsistent is BW and SM. Brandon's Regice when he captured him in BF is new Legendary, in DP he trained him so he'd be better/stronger.
Electivire still beat Pikachu who beat Regice. Even if DP Pikachu is > Electivire is still > BF Pikachu who > Regice but DP Regice is very likely > Electivire. Also what feat Silvally has put to be above Electivire( apart from having Ground drive). He had hard time battling Melmetal who is like wild level( because he didn't battle at all). Electivire at least battled and beat Pikachu who > BF Regice. Base Electivire beats Silvally even with Ground Drive. MD Electivire just got speed boost which raises speed and not Attack and SP Attack. Sure, Silvally would be faster than Base Electivire but so is Greninja vs Charizard and Charizard still beat Greninja despite being faster. And BTW Pikachu in SL > Silvally even with Ground Drive.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I don't see how Pikachu is inconsistent in DP and XY, he's only inconsistent is BW and SM. Brandon's Regice when he captured him in BF is new Legendary, in DP he trained him so he'd be better/stronger.
Electivire still beat Pikachu who beat Regice. Even if DP Pikachu is > Electivire is still > BF Pikachu who > Regice but DP Regice is very likely > Electivire. Also what feat Silvally has put to be above Electivire( apart from having Ground drive). He had hard time battling Melmetal who is like wild level( because he didn't battle at all). Electivire at least battled and beat Pikachu who > BF Regice. Base Electivire beats Silvally even with Ground Drive. MD Electivire just got speed boost which raises speed and not Attack and SP Attack. Sure, Silvally would be faster than Base Electivire but so is Greninja vs Charizard and Charizard still beat Greninja despite being faster. And BTW Pikachu in SL > Silvally even with Ground Drive.
Speed allows one to have the reaction time to dodge, block, and counter attacks. It may not make one stronger, but it can still close gaps better. That (and mobility) are a good part of what allowed Pikachu to beat Silvally in the first place. About Pika's inconsistencies, we've seen that many times outside of BW/SM (like losing to Gary's Electrivire like 2 days after beating Regice, being meh in the Johto league after an amazing performance against Clair, being meh against Morrison but great against Tyson, being able to tie with Latios after playing second fiddle at best throughout almost all of DP, or getting clobbered by Barbaracle and outperformed by a newly evolved Frogadier not long after beating Mega Lucario). Pikachu's strength vs Tobias is much higher than vs Paul going by what has been portrayed there.

About Silvally, yeah, I'll admit he doesn't have many feats, but a good part of his trouble against Melmetal was that Gladion knew nothing about him (and he fared much better once he knew more about how to deal with him), and he also has a few other good ones, like beating Lycanroc without much trouble and still having restraints (though this was Lycanroc's first post-evolution battle, so that's not much), 2HKOing Totem Kommo-o, and tanking Turtonator's IO (that was portrayed as really powerful to the point that everyone in the audience were covering themselves) just by switching discs. Though yeah, I carried myself a bit too far by saying Ground Silvally>Electrivire~Normal Silvally, it'd be more like Electrivire~Ground Silvally>Normal Silvally

Did this sucka just say he doesn't understand how Pikachu is inconsistent in DP and XY and yet he calls me a fanboy lol. What an idiot.
Pikachu literally tied with a freaking elekid in the start of DP after it defeated a regice.
Pikachu literally got dominated by a freaking surskit. You're the real fanboy here.
"I aLrEaDy DeBuNkEd iT. Sucka your logic makes no sense. Electivire > DP Pikachu so it better than regice. Lol wut. You completely ignore the circumstance of that battle. Your debunking is full of crap, just like you are. You use no logic just have blatant fanboyism to try and prove your stupid points. Ffs.
And where does ALOLA come here? Ffs. And yes legendary Pokemon are strong that's why they are ****ing legendary. Somebody slap this man coz i srsly can't take more of his bs. Putting him on the ignore list. He's full of ****
aaaaaaaand to the reports you go

CMButch

Speed allows one to have the reaction time to dodge, block, and counter attacks. It may not make one stronger, but it can still close gaps better. That (and mobility) are a good part of what allowed Pikachu to beat Silvally in the first place. About Pika's inconsistencies, we've seen that many times outside of BW/SM (like losing to Gary's Electrivire like 2 days after beating Regice, being meh in the Johto league after an amazing performance against Clair, being meh against Morrison but great against Tyson, being able to tie with Latios after playing second fiddle at best throughout almost all of DP, or getting clobbered by Barbaracle and outperformed by a newly evolved Frogadier not long after beating Mega Lucario). Pikachu's strength vs Tobias is much higher than vs Paul going by what has been portrayed there.

About Silvally, yeah, I'll admit he doesn't have many feats, but a good part of his trouble against Melmetal was that Gladion knew nothing about him (and he fared much better once he knew more about how to deal with him), and he also has a few other good ones, like beating Lycanroc without much trouble and still having restraints (though this was Lycanroc's first post-evolution battle, so that's not much), 2HKOing Totem Kommo-o, and tanking Turtonator's IO (that was portrayed as really powerful to the point that everyone in the audience were covering themselves) just by switching discs. Though yeah, I carried myself a bit too far by saying Ground Silvally>Electrivire~Normal Silvally, it'd be more like Electrivire~Ground Silvally>Normal Silvally.

Despite speed is one of the factors on the power scale, it's not as important as attack and defense as seen multiple times(A-G and MCX). I agree it would have some relevance to battle ( example Silvally and Melmetal due speed). About him losing to Gary's Electivire, it could really mean that Gary's Electivire is that strong. I mean Gary could've caught Electabuzz in Kanto and trained him hard until BF where he's only level of BF Regice of beyond. I agree about AG, OS, BW and SM. But in DP and XY it's normal IMO. He lost to E and tied with Latios. In XY he lost to Charizard and Sceptile. While in SM he tied with Zoroark but he could beat TK( inconsistency). Pikachu in middle of series =/= Pikachu in the end, he's inconsistent( just he's consistent in XY and DP EoS( that's what I meant.
He beat Lycanroc in the past, right? I mean that doesn't make him super strong.Totem Kommo, IIRC Litten beat Totem Lurantis, which is good but Totems are maybe at best gym level, maybe even less. Since Kahunas > Totem and Brock vs Olivia proved they're equal? I don't remember also IIRC Brock used Sudowoodo and not Steelix( Mega). About that IO. Gladion threw him Fire Drive which is Fire vs Fire so it wasn't that powerful. IO hurt but didn't beat MS from Brock. Surely, IO from current Turt > MS but if MS was fire type IO wouldn't beat him same how IO didn't beat Silvally.
Edit: why does it matter with Zoroark or entire SM League: because of progress. Pikachu became low E4 level in XY.And he tied with Zoroark in SM ( where logically it'd be SM > XY) but since Pikachu obviously regressed with Golisopod and Zoroark but drove E4 levelness in TK, that's why I put inconsistency, because it makes no sense that Golisopod and Zoroark are low E4 level since they lack feats, only few Pokemon are E4 level like MCX, Greninja, Ash's Charizard etc. (SM -> XY), since in XY he'd be low E4 level since XY Pikachu > DP Pikachu.
Let's be honest here if we go SM -> XY Pikachu , do you really think Zoroark and Golisopod without any evidence( aka no indications in Alola) to be on par with Malva's Mega Houndoom? That's why Pikachu got nerfed until TK fight( aka inconsistency)(if we exclude Empoleon vs Pikachu and take it as comedy and Ash retreating him for TK fight). Same we can say that DP Ash didn't have E4 level Pokemon, Pikachu wasn't E4 level in DP level. First Ash's Pokemon that became low E4 level is Charizard in BW and he was inconsistent at times yes. But he still is like Base Houndoom level. Second is A-G and third is Pikachu in XY League and now in TK fight.But yeah I agree that SM Pikachu's 10MV > XY Pikachu but without Z moves XY Pikachu > SM Pikachu. Especially with how EB would probably beat SM Pikachu. IDK about SM Pikachu GH vs XY Pikachu, maybe a draw.

Last edited:

CMButch

Did this sucka just say he doesn't understand how Pikachu is inconsistent in DP and XY and yet he calls me a fanboy lol. What an idiot.
Pikachu literally tied with a freaking elekid in the start of DP after it defeated a regice.
Pikachu literally got dominated by a freaking surskit. You're the real fanboy here.
"I aLrEaDy DeBuNkEd iT. Sucka your logic makes no sense. Electivire > DP Pikachu so it better than regice. Lol wut. You completely ignore the circumstance of that battle. Your debunking is full of crap, just like you are. You use no logic just have blatant fanboyism to try and prove your stupid points. Ffs.
And where does ALOLA come here? Ffs. And yes legendary Pokemon are strong that's why they are ****ing legendary. Somebody slap this man coz i srsly can't take more of his bs. Putting him on the ignore list. He's full of ****
1. No I mean he's consistent in the EOS in XY and DP but inconsistent in BW and DP which I proved why , I didn't say about BW though. Pikachu in BW lost to Lucario so if we go by BW > Lucario that means C's Lucario > BF Regice which doesn't make sense.
I already proved with Pikachu and Elekid stuff. Lmao. Reading...-_-.
Nice counter argument " full of crap" wow. How am I using fanboysm? Of what xD.Fanboyism of logic.
Legendaries are strong, yes I never denied that but many regular Pokemon with feats and logic > Legendary. Charizard, Electivire, Pikachu, Ash's Sceptile etc, Infernape. Champion and E4 Pokemon and so many more. Just because wild Regice for example is Legendary( has a title) doesn't mean he 's like God level and he beats Cynthia's Garchomp or Steven's Mega Metagross.

And yes, SM Pikachu tied with Zoroark but in next battle he went with TK and beat him. I mean that's inconsistency but not as big one TBH, but still is.If he beat Zoroark and lose to Lycanroc everything would be fine.And not to mention in previous battle he beat Golisopod who tanked GH and he tied with featless Zoroark. Golisopod > Zoroark with Z move.

Poke'fan68

Guzma vs Iris

Guzma uses Scizor and Golisopod

Iris uses Excadrill and Dragonite

Guzma's Golisopod vs Kukui's Incineroar

Krackochu

Hmm iris vs Guzma .... That's a tough one but the thing is I think that Guzma has a better advantage because of him fighting dirty but, Iris has the strength advantage with Dragonite I believe this is how the battle would go
Golispod v excadrill
Golispod wins
Against Dragonite he losses
Scizor against Dragonite
Dragonite wins
As for the whole gladion vs Paul the thing is if gladion switches to sivally to ground type then he totally wins if and only if it's at the beginning of he doesn't hell no looking at their feats sivally's best from what I remember is beating dusk lycanrock who's highest feat is fighting (not beating) but fighting tapu bulu. Unlike Paul's electvire who's shown being one of his aces who has better feats. Overall Paul wins 8 times out of ten

CMButch

Hmm iris vs Guzma .... That's a tough one but the thing is I think that Guzma has a better advantage because of him fighting dirty but, Iris has the strength advantage with Dragonite I believe this is how the battle would go
Golispod v excadrill
Golispod wins
Against Dragonite he losses
Scizor against Dragonite
Dragonite wins
As for the whole gladion vs Paul the thing is if gladion switches to sivally to ground type then he totally wins if and only if it's at the beginning of he doesn't hell no looking at their feats sivally's best from what I remember is beating dusk lycanrock who's highest feat is fighting (not beating) but fighting tapu bulu. Unlike Paul's electvire who's shown being one of his aces who has better feats. Overall Paul wins 8 times out of ten
No, he doesn't I already explained why.Electivire > SIlvally ( Ground drive).

Krackochu

Dude I said immediately if he puts in ground type 8 times out of ten electvire would totally beat sivally due to it being more of a tank than sivally unless melmetal really is just that strong

Krackochu

Yo yo I'm back anyways here's some more matches
Ash's sinnoh team vs Kukui
Ash's sinnoh team vs Sawyer
Alain's Charizard x vs tapu Koko with z move
Misty vs Iris
Paul vs Kukui
Kukui vs Ash's Hoen team

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Paul vs Kukui
Can Professor Kukui defeat any of Paul's teams down below?

Paul's team (Vs Cynthia)
-Torterra
-Murkrow
-Elekid
-Ursaring
-Chimchar
-Weavile

Paul's team (Vs Brandon)
-Ursaring
-Nidoking
-Hariyama
-Electabuzz
-Magmar
-Lairon

Paul's team (Vs Ash/Lake Acuity)
-Torterra
-Ursaring
-Magmortar
-Honchkrow
-Electabuzz
-Weavile

Paul's team (Vs Ash/Sinnoh League)
-Electivire
-Drapion
-Aggron
-Gastrodon
-Froslass
-Ninjask

Paul's team (Strongest Team)
-Torterra
-Electivire
-Drapion
-Ursaring
-Magmortar
-Honchkrow

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Ash's Strongest Pokemon vs. Platinum's Empoleon from Pokemon Adventures.

By strongest Pokemon, I mean whatever you guys believe is Ash's strongest Pokemon.