• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
It is a professor named Oak. It is Professor Oak, just not the same Professor Oak. And the post didn't treated them as the same person at any point.
They didn't treat them as the same person, but I'd think they would at least clarify it's not actually (the) Oak because, well, obvious reasons.

Julia Artemis

So next news dump coming on the 14th. So maybe we'll be getting starters, more Alolan forms and maybe Mega Evos? Possibly for the Johto Starters?

R_N

So next news dump coming on the 14th. So maybe we'll be getting starters, more Alolan forms and maybe Mega Evos? Possibly for the Johto Starters?

We could, I guess, but they could also just show more new Pokemon, more alola forms and probably some new game feature as per usual

Julia Artemis

We could, I guess, but they could also just show more new Pokemon, more alola forms and probably some new game feature as per usual

I know I've said this for months but I really want to see Pikipek's evos as well as Bounsweet, Whimpod, and Pyukkmuku

Robotnikthedrap

Well, my guess is: should there include (within the confines of Sun and Moon) new mega evolutions, than that information will probably not be revealed beforehand. Most likely post game material, while we're at it. Many have speculated that, despite the inevitable return of mega evolution in general, there may in fact not be any new additions to the roster due to the focus of the titles lying upon so many new story and gameplay related areas. Only time will tell, however. Still; I firmly believe that information regarding mega evolutions will not be making an appearance amidst this reveal cycle.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Is it me or did it look like Bewear might have its own z move or something? Based on the new trailer.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Hard to say if the rockruff thing will be in the trailer or not. I actually think it might not be since this trailer technically comes out the day before corocoro does officially and corocoro made it sound like the rockruff thing is exclusive.

Julia Artemis

Hard to say if the rockruff thing will be in the trailer or not. I actually think it might not be since this trailer technically comes out the day before corocoro does officially and corocoro made it sound like the rockruff thing is exclusive.

Yeah doubt they'll show Rockruff, since they're also debuting the new manga starring Rockruff as well I highly doubt they'll show it before Corocoro. If anything we'll see it in the game next month.

XXD17

Draco rex
Huh, so it is Mama Lills. It would explain why Lillie and Gladion have names that relate to lillies, but she has a name derived from a different flowers; she wanted them to have similar names (twins anyone?). Also, I like how one of the few named mothers we have in the series in named after a flower that is know to forcefully explode its offspring (seeds) out.

Wasn't there a leak that said there was a "pea shooter" kind of Pokemon that also forcefully shoots out its seeds that a counterpart to rockruff?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Wasn't there a leak that said there was a "pea shooter" kind of Pokemon that also forcefully shoots out its seeds that a counterpart to rockruff?

That was the Artaleaka stuff, which has since been debunked.

Julia Artemis

but what does that even mean "counterpart" of Rockruff? That makes no sense at all. Also I'm pretty sure that leak right now is 100% false.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
but what does that even mean "counterpart" of Rockruff? That makes no sense at all. Also I'm pretty sure that leak right now is 100% false.

Oh, it's totally fake, and supposedly the plant evolved into different forms based on the position of the Sun, and Rockruff evolved based on the phases of the Moon.

B. Thunder Tiger

Oh, it's totally fake, and supposedly the plant evolved into different forms based on the position of the Sun, and Rockruff evolved based on the phases of the Moon.

Oh thank lord, because that leak, if I'm correct, also included those awful Hair extensions for the Starters. If so, I'm relieved, because those hair extensions/wanna-be formes are just downright dumb.

Julia Artemis

After the total failure of Deerling/Sawbuck I highly doubt they'd try that again. The only possibility is day or night evos which have been doing in the past like with Espeon/Umbreon and Tyrunt/Amaura. If it does happen I can see day Rockruff evo being Rock/Fairy or Rock/Fighting and the night evo being Rock/Dark. With bringing back day and night into the games and making it a way bigger deal than in the past I can see them totally doing that. But stages of the moon? I mean....how?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Oh thank lord, because that leak, if I'm correct, also included those awful Hair extensions for the Starters. If so, I'm relieved, because those hair extensions/wanna-be formes are just downright dumb.

Yeah, it said there would only be 4 Totem Pokemon (which was obviously not going to be the case), and it listed off the 4, which didn't include Alolan Raticate. Also, the Alolan Arcanine prediction is looking to possibly be false, and it said there would be an island where it is always day, which is untrue, and that would kind of defeat the point of the 12 hour difference mechanic.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Great new trailer. Really getting my hyped. The Alola region looks beatiful, like a true RPG games landscape. The enhanced graphics and larger variety of overworkd pokemon is also amazing. Z moves I'm still on the fence about, just see them as a gimmick with no real staying power. The only think breaking my hype is the continued lack of Mega Evolutions. Really thought we'd get the gen 6 & 2 starters atleast. Hoping for a last minute reveal.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!

Well corocoro should leak before then. so that's always nice.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
What if oak is the champion or equivalent to the champion?

A professor who studies Alolan Variants wouldn't make sense to be the region Champion, honestly. Let him be the professor. However, on the Champion subject, I believe the Champion that we wouldn't believe, is the one who successfully completed the Rite of the Island Challenge before, captured the non-version legendary. If not, someone very surprising.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I find it odd that we are getting another trailer about a day before Corocoro. If this is to avoid leaks, then fine, but it makes me a bit doubtful of overlaps. Anyways, the following things have not been covered by Corocoro but seen elsewhere:

-Crabrawler, Morelull, Alolan Raichu, Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate, Type: Null, Jangmo-o, Turtonator.
-Ultra Beasts, Aether Foundation, Gladion.
-Signature Z-moves and Munchlax event.
-Poke-Finder
-Version Differences

Add in Rockruff and Cutiefly's evolution, and you have a lot to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.