1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Saving Braviary! (775)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Sigh, this seemed like a great episode at first glance, but I found several problems with it like N's recklessness throughout the episode. Like, I know he loves Pokemon but he got hurt trying to help Braviary and I have to wonder if it was really worth it. Plus in the games N was always so calm and collected and this episode ruined that imo. Anyway, the episode had some highlights: mostly Team Plasma's involvement in the episode. I liked that those two grunts attacked the Pokemon Center and that all the action took place at night. I also loved the final scene where Braviary flew away at dawn, mostly because of the animation.

2. NPT

NPT Just a member

This episode was pretty good, not exciting....but still good! It's cool to see N again. I liked how Braviary became attached to N after he saved it, it showed more of his natural ability to bond with Pokémon. I'm glad he joined Ash's group at the end of this episode.

Cilan said "best wishes" again! It's interesting how the english dubbers are giving reference to BW's japanese title in the dub episodes.

3. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Another good episode for N, admirable that he was willing to put everything at stake to make sure that braviary wouldn't get taken, especially when it was injured. Even if his views on owning pokemon are still extreme at this point, he's getting to be quite the likeable character.

7/10

4. So, I guess the Pokemon centers can also operate like normal Hospitals as well.
    Didn't think they would be equipped to deal with any human patients in this world.

5. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

As a huge Braviary fanatic I wish Ash hand bonded with it instead of this being more of an N episode. What a missed opportunity. 5/10

6. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I was impressed by the lengths that N went through to protect the Braviary from Team Plasma, including how he endured attacks from Zangoose and Seviper. I also loved how this episode took place at night ha ha. ^^

7. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

While it was intense watching N take so many hits to rescue the Wargle, he seemed to be the Plasma-dan's punching bag in this episode, which I found disturbing. N really should've owned a few Pokemon in the anime like he did in the Isshu games. But even so, it was nice to see Satoshi's friends help Wargle.

MockingJ likes this.
  8. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

This felt like a full blown filler, the difference being that instead of X COTD and X VillainOTD, it was N and Team Plasma instead. The only thing that makes this not a filler is the fact N will start travelling with the crew now.

9. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

We got N's flaws fleshed out, showing how reckless he can be and how much pain he goes through protecting Pokemon. His ingenious plan to get Braviary out of the Pokemon Centre came off as being lulzy and bit too predictable to me, but it worked out in the end.

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

Frankly, it seemed amazing that those two Plasma-dan grunts managed to make their Zangoose and Habunake work together in this episode, which we'd never seen in the past since those species are mortal enemies.

MockingJ likes this.
  11. Wow Zangoose and Seviper managed to battle side by side without tearing at each other apart. It was nice seeing a plot revolve around ust Team Plasma alone without any interference from Team Rocket. I liked having N around again too and I'm really glad he'll be joining the BW group for awhile. I look forward to seeing how he learns from Ash and Co about their kind of bond between Pokemon.

12. Timmyson

Timmyson New Member

Pretty standard episode. Although it seemed very forced to have Pikachu suddenly be exhausted form battling Zangoose after only one Iron Tail collision.