• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Solid dark type

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know your opinions. What is the best dark pokemon to go with a Hairyama and Gardevoir? Plase don't critizise my choices, I just want an opinion of a reliable dark pokemon.
Over and out,;198;

hIrAm

Um, well, Umbreon would work well with both Hariyama and Gardevoir, so I'd say him. If he's not available to you, then try Houndoom.

Vycksta

nightcat said:
For all the coolness Sneasel has, he really isn't that good unfortunately...
Umbreon (duh) and Houndoom.

~nightcat ;197;
That will never stop me from raising my army of Sharp Claws. Even if their Special Attack isn't the best. ;D

*awaits Manyula's base Sp.Atk stat*

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
If Gardevoir, then get an Umbreon because it's a tank while Gardy is a sweeper. 2 sweepers won't do you any good

E

Evanji Axu

Mightyena.

Nope, no bias here at all. *also whistles innocently while petting Tika and Lycissa*

Wig

Out of a crazy mind.
Go with Sneasel! It has Inner Focus! Like this;
Sneasel is tightening it's focus!
Exploud used Shock Wave!
Sneasel took damage!
Sneasel used Focus Punch!
Exploud fainted due to Sneasel's awesome strategy!
If you don't have access to it, I suggest Houndoom.

-Jolt-

Deathskully

I r gud riter.
-Jolt- said:
Go with Sneasel! It has Inner Focus! Like this;
Sneasel is tightening it's focus!
Exploud used Shock Wave!
Sneasel took damage!
Sneasel used Focus Punch!
Exploud fainted due to Sneasel's awesome strategy!
If you don't have access to it, I suggest Houndoom.

-Jolt-

Hurray for someone who doesn't know what an ability does!

Houndoom is no need, you already have gardevoir to special sweep.

Mightyena is a poor pokemon, no offence to people who like it and won't do a thing to help your team.

Umbreon currently will help your team with nothing as it is a mean look baton passer or a cursepasser and can't really pass to anything, except Hariyama.

Tyranitar could be useful, but Hariyama can inflict some physical damage itself if it wants.

Infact, you need to build more of your team before you can see what dark pokemon fits in there.

Moonlight.

Murkrow :D

Okay, I think this thread has had enough bias, so...

Umbreon can take hits, and is probably the best dark Pokemon at doing so. If you want an attacker, go for Tyrannitar or Houndoom, though personally I find Houndoom to be more fun.

Wig

Out of a crazy mind.
Deathskully said:
Hurray for someone who doesn't know what an ability does!
Whaddya' mean? Sneasel can have the ability "Inner Focus", which prevents flinching! Focus Punching doesn't hit if the user got hit! If the user got hit, than it would flinch. So you sir, are incorrect. Also, Mightyena can learn Crunch, a really useful move.

Yeah, Sneasel, Mightyena, Umbreon, and Houndooom are the best choices.

-Jolt-

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
~Gardevoir~Milotic~Lover~ said:
If Gardevoir, then get an Umbreon because it's a tank while Gardy is a sweeper. 2 sweepers won't do you any good
Last time I checked, you needed both a special and physical sweeper. Plus ingame having an extra sweeper won't hurt as long as you get down the wall and the sponge category. I would suggest Umbreon if you need a tank though it isn't my favorite, or (I'm gonna be yelled at for this) Absol for physical sweeping unless thats Hariyamas role. Absol has worked pretty well for me, because despite its subpar defenses the attack is monstorous. And of course Shiftry could be better at that, because Shiftry is a very good UU. Dark is not a varied type though

Manipulon

My strategies for battles aren't really advanced, so I will try to point out the strengths and weaknesses of each Dark type.
Umbreon
Advantages: Good Hit Points, Defense, Special Defense
Disadvantages: Bad Attack, Special Attack, and Speed
Murkrow
Advantages: Good Speed, Average Attack and Special Attack
Disadvantages: Bad Defense and Special Defense
Sneasel
Advantages: Good Speed, Special Defense and Attack, Weavile has Special Attack potential
Disadvantages: Bad Defense, Worse Special Attack. Although Weavile might have good Special Attack, nothing is certain
Houndoom
Advantages: Good Attack, Speed, and Special Attack
Disadvantages: Bad Defense
Tyranitar
Advantages: Everything but Speed
Disadvantages: Bad Speed
Mightyena
Advantages: Average everything
Disadvantages: Average everything
Shiftry
Advantages: Good Attack, Speed and Special Attack
Disadvantages: Low Defense and Special Defense
Sableye
Advantages: No weaknesses, average everything
Disadvantages: Bad Speed
Sharpedo
Advantages: High Attack, Speed and Special Attack (rare for Dark types)
Disadvantages: Poor Defense
Cacturne
Advantages: High Hit Points, good Special Attack and Attack
Disadvantages: Slow, poor Defense
Crawdaunt
Advantages: Good almost everything, awesome Attack
Disadvantages: Bad Special Defense, slow
Absol
Advantages: Good Attack, average Special Attack and Speed
Disadvantages: Lower Defense and Special Defense

I only really based this on Stats, because I am to lazy to check all those movelists. If you want a pure Dark type, pick Umbreon over Mightyena or Absol, but for hybrids, it depends on which types you would find useful. I would pick Houndoom, but that is only my preference for Fire types talking.;229;

deadly devon

Sea Ruby Trainer
-Jolt- said:
Whaddya' mean? Sneasel can have the ability "Inner Focus", which prevents flinching! Focus Punching doesn't hit if the user got hit! If the user got hit, than it would flinch. So you sir, are incorrect. Also, Mightyena can learn Crunch, a really useful move.

-Jolt-
how can u forget stableye

Vycksta

-Jolt- said:

-Jolt-
*points at bolded part* Much as I like Mightyena, its special attack rivals Sneasel's... aka it's pants. But you are right... Sneasel owns. Sneasel owns ALL. *shimmys with Sneasel army*

Pee ess. Give Houndoon a try, Mr board creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.