1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Uber Thread

Discussion in '6th Gen' started by McDanger, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McDanger

McDanger This is my design

With the generation shift, and the 6th gen talk in the 5th gen thread, we created a new uber thread for 6th gen.

As before, discuss anything uber related here

pokemon in ubers include
    Mewtwo
    Ho-Oh
    Lugia
    Blaziken
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Deoxys Normal
    Deoxys Attack
    Dialgia
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Giratina-O
    Shaymin Sky
    Darkrai
    Arceus
    Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Kyurem White
    Xerneas
    Yveltal

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  2. EonDragonFTW

EonDragonFTW Well-Known Member

so to get things rolling.....
    how do you think Xerneas and fairy Arceus will impact Ubers?

3. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Power heb Xerenas is OP.

That's all I can say. It demolishes entire teams and is too easy to set up.

4. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Well-Known Member

Arceus-Fairy might become the new premiere defensive/Calm Mind Arceus form. STAB Moonblast and an immunity to Draco Meteor, resistance to Fighting Judgement and Focus Blast, and resistance to Dark Pulse gives him some key footholds in the Ubers tier.

5. ghost_dog97

ghost_dog97 the sweeper

an uber of the new gen might have to be... do mega evos count?

6. I'm going to have to respectively disagree with you here. Power Herb Xerneas has potential to sweep unprepared and weakened teams, but shouldn't really be a problem to a prepared player.

Xerneas has a list of pokemon it cannot beat with the standard Power Herb, Focus Blast/Moonblast/Thunderbolt/Geomancy set. The metagame is also moving towards semi-stall teams, and Xerneas is near useless paralyzed and has problems if it is phazed during setup. Offensive teams don't mind fitting (Mega) Scizor, Aegislash, or (Mega) Lucario into their lineup, which all give Xerneas spasms if it takes previous damage (or if Luke/Scizor have a SD under their belt).

That being said, Xerneas is not bad either. It makes for a great scarfer atm and can really catch people off guard with a mixed attacking set. Occasionally, the Geomancy set can sweep too, but after playing around 100 battles so far, I have not been swept by nor have I swept with a Power Herb Geomancy Xerneas.

7. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

I think the elephant in the room is Kyogre. Here we are talking about Xerneas when the biggest question is about Kyogre's impact in the metagame.

With Drizzle's nerf, I don't know whether this will affect Kyogre or not. It makes defensive Rain-based strategies less viable (RestTalk Kyogre). On the other hand, Water Spout Kyogre is still monstrous.

What's everyone's opinion on Kyogre's future in XY Ubers?

8. Divine Retribution

I think Kyogre's future is pretty secure, if only because of the raw power of Choice Specs Water Spout basically O/2HKOing 3/4ths of the metagame.

9. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

So basically it'll still be #1 in usage and have 50% usage in Ubers.

10. Divine Retribution

Maybe not 50% and maybe not #1, but it will still be a top threat and have very significant usage. In fact it might very well stay at #1 if only because of the Choice sets.

11. justinjiaxinghu

justinjiaxinghu class on my back

Well Kyogre wouldnt change much in my opinion but its rain nerf will make stuff like Kabutops sort of insignificant in the tier.

Xerneas is pretty easy to counter now that there's Aegislash and MegaZor in the fray. Both can take a +2 moon blast and deal tons of damage with their steel STABs.

12. ghost_dog97

ghost_dog97 the sweeper

unless, you invest in Def/SpD evs, xerneas will be easily ohko'd by poison types though... or pokes that know poison type moves

13. Divine Retribution

Only remotely common Poison type in Ubers is Arceus-Poison though.

14. McDanger

true, but on the turn your pokemon switches in to check it, xerneas gets a geomancy with a power herb, which allows it to outspeed a lot of would be threats, as well as KO said switch ins such as poison arceus and steel arceus with psyshock and focus blast respectfully. Because of this I can see an increase in defensive arceus, altho aegislash does a nice job checking it from what i`ve heard, as well as mewtwo and to a lesser extent, arceus normal.

15. ghost_dog97

ghost_dog97 the sweeper

remember that time I said I won against a lot of people on link battles? majority of those people had xerneas (noobs I might add, along with elites) and my shell smash boosted cloyster with focus sash took it out with one poison jab. and that goes for rated battles too... cloyster has skill link so it knew rock blast and icicle spear too for yveltal users

16. McDanger

Cloyster is a shacky check because if there is stealth rocks up, its going to lose its sash, while it can't switch straight in due to that, making it needed to lead with it or get it in prior to hazards/remove hazards which is a fair amount of work imo when you could use a set counter that also handles 2 of the most powerful ubers. Not saying cloyster is bad, but from my experience with it last generation, its inferior to other pokemon as what it does due to its lack of coverage and fairly low speed, making it outspeed by a lot of +2 threats last generation like venusaur and kingdra. While they may not be as common with the weather nerf, it should be noted that kyogre can beat it with its bulk and access to thunder, even if it doesn't kill because of its sash, a priority move or dialgia will finish it, both of which are fairly common in ubers, well simulator ubers.

17. ghost_dog97

ghost_dog97 the sweeper

priority moves, entry hazards, and status conditions are all risks im willing to take
    cloyster is such a boss (female) that I named her Anti-Uber (great name huh?) she sweeps at least 1 pokemon. like wobbuffet, its really hard not to take out at least one pokemon with you

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  18. Schaden Freude

Schaden Freude Devotee

Cloyster is OU but a little overrated. It would probably like a priority move, like maybe Water Shuriken, in order to address threats like Breloom.

19. ghost_dog97

ghost_dog97 the sweeper

cloyster dosnt worry about atk threats because of it naturally high defense stat, so mach punch wouldn't really do anything despite being super effective

20. MedievalMovies

MedievalMovies Absolute Power

+2 252 Atk Cloyster Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (custom): 294-346 (74.8 - 88.04%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Cloyster is not a reliable Check or Counter because if both are in at the same time and both use Geomancy/Shell Smash, Cloyster will get one Poison Jab off, won't kill Xerneas and then Xerneas outspeeds and kills it with STAB Fairy Aura Moonblast, but Cloyster DOES have a 25% chance to OHKO with Icicle Spear against Xerneas. That's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.