• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uber Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
So, Manaphy finally drops out of Ubers? Well that is a relief that he's finally OU. Hopefully he doesn't return to that tier (looking at the very bulky Fairies). It's a wish finally come true to me. I had enough of Ubers.

Now it Makes me wonder as how Grass Arceus would now work as a Weather Check to Kyogre and Groudon with the weather nerf. Maybe it's viability maybe less. But it kinda stays the same since it still can't take much of kyogre's/Groudon's Super effective attacks so well even if it's out of the rain/sun.

ghost_dog97

the sweeper
Xerneas is only uber because of geomancy... its just a broken quiver dance is all
Yvletal is uber because of oblivion wing absorbs more hp than the grass absorbing moves... and the invention of the item big root in 4th gen could really make someone rage quit

fireice

Xerneas is only uber because of geomancy... its just a broken quiver dance is all
Yvletal is uber because of oblivion wing absorbs more hp than the grass absorbing moves... and the invention of the item big root in 4th gen could really make someone rage quit

I was sure they were uber based on BST. Both have a BST of 680

I mean this is same total such as Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Resharim, Zekrom, Kyurem-W

ghost_dog97

the sweeper

I mean this is same total such as Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Resharim, Zekrom, Kyurem-W

you don't have any idea of how many xerneas and yveltal I've ohko'd with my skill link shell smash cloyster... all I need to use is poison jab and icicle spear. I lmao because everyone thinks that they are OP with full teams of legendaries (including mewtwo and legendary bird) and its even funnier when I sweep them with icicle spear, rock blast, and poison jab... may I remind you that slaking has a BST of 670 but he isn't uber, there are strategies to get around its ability truant (skill swap, entrainment, worry seed, etc)

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Mega Mewtwo (both X and Y) is sure to be a huge threat this gen. Mega Mewtwo Y getting the highest base special attack stat in the game with 194. Mega Mewtwo X getting STAB aura Sphere is pretty powerful too.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Regigigas says hi.

Xerneas is Uber because after a Geomancy he gives no ****s about the rest of the metagame.

xerneas.png

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Timid - Fairy Aura
124 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 132 HP
-Geomancy
-Moonblast
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Flash Cannon

Geomancy and Moonblast are pretty self-evident. Hidden Power (Fire) and Flash Cannon are my choice of coverage moves. Flash Cannon gives him half a shot against other Xerneas, and Hidden Power (Fire) lets him lure and destroy Scizor and friends. He's completely walled by Heatran, but at +2 even Specs Flash Cannon doesn't do a hell of a lot, so there's not much Heatran can do in return other than Toxic or Roar. In fact you could probably just spam Moonblast and beat it. Other Fire types are a problem, but I usually pair him with Giratina or a Heatran of my own, and that usually solves the problem.​

Last edited:

ghost_dog97

the sweeper
I admit, the reason I actually like xerneas is because of geomancy... one or two uses and prepare to sweep

KillerDraco

I admit, the reason I actually like xerneas is because of geomancy... one or two uses and prepare to sweep

You'll rarely if ever get two uses, though. One Geomancy can be almost guaranteed due to Power Herb, but given that it's consumable, you'll have to wait out the full two turns in order to get off a second Geomancy. Heck, in the time spent trying to set up a Geomancy, they'll probably already have Mega Scizor or something out and ready to rip Xerneas to shreds or force it out.

ghost_dog97

the sweeper
You'll rarely if ever get two uses, though. One Geomancy can be almost guaranteed due to Power Herb, but given that it's consumable, you'll have to wait out the full two turns in order to get off a second Geomancy. Heck, in the time spent trying to set up a Geomancy, they'll probably already have Mega Scizor or something out and ready to rip Xerneas to shreds or force it out.
I hate how every great move comes at a cost

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Regigigas says hi.

Xerneas is Uber because after a Geomancy he gives no ****s about the rest of the metagame.

xerneas.png

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Timid - Fairy Aura
124 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 132 HP
-Geomancy
-Moonblast
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Flash Cannon

Geomancy and Moonblast are pretty self-evident. Hidden Power (Fire) and Flash Cannon are my choice of coverage moves. Flash Cannon gives him half a shot against other Xerneas, and Hidden Power (Fire) lets him lure and destroy Scizor and friends. He's completely walled by Heatran, but at +2 even Specs Flash Cannon doesn't do a hell of a lot, so there's not much Heatran can do in return other than Toxic or Roar. In fact you could probably just spam Moonblast and beat it. Other Fire types are a problem, but I usually pair him with Giratina or a Heatran of my own, and that usually solves the problem.​

I'd use Focus Blast and Thunder over Hidden Power [Fire] and Flash Cannon to prevent Xerneas from being stopped by Ho-Oh, Lugia (assuming Stealth Rock is up), Heatran, Tentacruel and Arceus-Steel.

I'd use Focus Blast and Thunder over Hidden Power [Fire] and Flash Cannon to prevent Xerneas from being stopped by Ho-Oh, Lugia (assuming Stealth Rock is up), Heatran, Tentacruel and Arceus-Steel.

Thunder isn't that much stronger against Lugia than Fairy Aura Moonblast; my personal opinion is to go Psyshock/Focus Blast in the end slots to catch Poiceus, Ho-oh, Heatran, and Dialga with better options.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Even a 4 HP Ho-Oh has a chance of surviving even a +2 critical hit Psyshock if Stealth Rock is not up, while a +2 Thunder actually has a chance of KO'ing even a max. HP Ho-Oh in one hit. Also, Thunder is still great for Lugia in respect to the fact that specially-defensive Lugia are quite common from my experience.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
lugia and ho-oh aren't that great though

I seriously doubt you've used either of them, because Lugia is hands down the single best wall in the entire game. There's a reason he bears the title Great Wall, and half that reason is Multiscale. The other half is his already amazing bulk, access to 2 forms of recovery, access to support moves like dual screens, Whirlwind, Thunder Wave, etc., and even the ability to set up and sweep with Calm Mind. I don't know a lot about Ho-Oh, but I know with that massive Attack stat and access to Sacred Fire, he's a monster in his own right.

ghost_dog97

the sweeper
i have a calm shiny lugia in my SS, but your right. i hate using legendaries aside from mew

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master

From what I can observe from my experience so far, Lugia and Ho-Oh are among the absolute best Pokémon in the Generation VI Übers metagame, along with Arceus, Xerneas, Groudon, and maybe Kyogre. And even if it was true that they "aren't that great", this still doesn't change the fact that they are #11 and #12 respectively on the Pokebank Ubers ladder, meaning a Xerneas that isn't prepared for them isn't going to be sweeping many teams on the ladder.

To be fair, most of what I say is simple theorymonning because I haven't had the chance to play much gen VI Ubers, but what the heck man. Lugia was easily one of the best mixed walls of Gen V Ubers, and Ho-oh's sheer versatility allowed it to play multiple roles on a team. Just because you don't like using something doesn't mean it's bad. I don't personally like Rotom-W that much, but people still use it because it fits the roles they want it to.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back

WHOA WHOA WHOAAA THERE.

LUGIA and HO OH arent THAT GREAT? i cant i just cant

Lugia is now way more prominent this generation than it ever was in BW/BW2 due to the fact that Defog got a massive buff, essentially making it an unblockable rapid spin. With Stealth Rock now even easier to be removed from the field, Lugia's Multiscale can be kept intact even more easily. It can easily tank a +2 Moonblast or Thunder from even the strongest Xerneas and cripple it with Thunder Wave or just phaze it away with Whirlwind, making the deer somewhat dead weight. Ho-oh benefits as well from the Defog buff and its tanking capabilities are a lot better now with it being able to resist Fairy, and striking back with powerful STABs or just soaking up damage.

Overall, these two beasts aren't bad at all; they're absolutely godly in this metagame.

Everyone's fawning over Xerneas and its Geomancy murder, but what about Yveltal? It has the exact same stat arrangement as Xerneas and has amazing potential as a bulky attacker that doesn't cry in the face of a phazer. Having the strongest priority in the game is nothing to laugh it, nor is a signature move that heals 75% of the damage inflicted. SubDisable shenanigans, Choice Specs sets, even gimmicky pure physical sets can be run on this thing. Xerneas is a one-trick pony for the most part, but Yveltal's sheer versatility makes me like it a lot.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Everyone's fawning over Xerneas and its Geomancy murder, but what about Yveltal? It has the exact same stat arrangement as Xerneas and has amazing potential as a bulky attacker that doesn't cry in the face of a phazer. Having the strongest priority in the game is nothing to laugh it, nor is a signature move that heals 75% of the damage inflicted. SubDisable shenanigans, Choice Specs sets, even gimmicky pure physical sets can be run on this thing. Xerneas is a one-trick pony for the most part, but Yveltal's sheer versatility makes me like it a lot.

I've been running this Yveltal set a lot recently, I'm very fond of it.

yveltal.png

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Naive - Dark Aura
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Attack
-Sucker Punch
-Focus Blast
-Oblivion Wing
-Taunt

Sucker Punch gives him some great priority. Even uninvested it still takes chunks off of Mewtwo, some Arceus formes, etc. etc. Taunt is a mainstay on this thing, shutting down things like Lugia, Blissey, Giratina, Calm Mind sweepers, stopping ExtremeKiller from getting a Sword's Dance boost, etc. If I'm feeling gutsy enough, I can even stay in on Xerneas for a turn and stop him from Geomancing before I switch out to Scizor (which usually ends up with me taking a Moonblast to the face). Focus Blast is for coverage, and Oblivion Wing helps negate Life Orb recoil.​

Status
Not open for further replies.