• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Pokémon Worlds Collide (471)

Cobalt_Latios

Well, ive watched the 3rd episode on Youtube and can say that this is quite interesting. Does Ash always assume that random bolts of electricity in the middle of a forest belong to Pikachu? Oh nice, Shinji has a one strap backpack. Ive always wanted one of those.

Wow, they really are promoting the DS Lite arent they? First we see Hikari's PINK pokedex, then we see Shinji's NAVY BLUE pokedex. Wow, advertising within a cartoon. Nice going Nintendo...

For those pokedexes, it seems that Shinji was using it to check which attacks each of the Mukkuru had before releasing two of them. They seriously are copying this game.

I just realised something, I think Shinji is a mix of Drew and Gary. Though im not sure why.

Ok, now they see a friggen huge pillar of electricity, and who was using it? Pikachu. Why? Team Rocket, in another random mecha. Wow, after all these years Team Rocket has finally coated everything they buy with electricity resistant material.

Hehe, then Ash and Brock show up to save Pikachu, and then the rest is history, literally. Ok, Team Rocket, Ash and Brock know who you are, so you dont need to keep using your GODDAMN MOTTO!! (on a side not, I think that the french Meowth sounds almost exactly like the japanese Meowth.) Wow, for once Team Rocket sent themselves blasting off. Twice within 2 episodes, heh, that's a first.

Brock uses a Super Potion on Pocchama. Let's see the last time that was used was i think the 4 Hoenn episode.

Oh, so it's the professor that gives Ash a new outfit. How... fitting. Oh, wait, it's Ashes mom that sends him his outfit.

What does Hikari say that makes Ash and Brock seem to cringe/shocked?

After such a nice greeting inside the lab, look who's waiting for Ash!

Brock takes back his role as the battle judge. Why does this battle seem like such a familiar format? It reminds me of that Samurai battle back in Kanto, in the first few episodes. Ash's Mukkuru losing was somewhat predictable, I mean he just got afterall. Also back to Ash's routine of scanning every Pokemon he sees. What attack did Hikozaru use after having used Ember?
Ah yes, back to Ash's good ol' strategies. Those were cool to have seen. Also he's had more experience with Aipom anyways. Oh now Hikari's scanning Elekid. I guess it's because Ash has already seen one before.(Nice touch of them using the eighth movie title music for this battle. Nice return of Volt Tackle, then Iron Tail(kinda knew that was coming up next). Oh nice, a tie. A perfect tie actually.
First part: Shinji 1, Ash 0; Second part: Shinji 1, Ash 1 ; Third part: Shinji 2, Ash 2.

Right after that battle, he releases that last Mukkuru he had. I wonder why. Not only that, i wonder why Ash is mad at him for doing that? Also, Both Ash and Pikachu seem to be on their rematch mood type thing.

Eh, nice episode. I noticed that Hikari has a Poketchi on her left arm during the credits. When do you think she'll get that. Do you think Ash could also get this?

All in all, i feel like this is already shaping up to be a great series. If only this episode were at the very least subbed, then i wouldve liked it even more.

~C_L~

Ashu Quester

Perfect Harmony
Right after that battle, he releases that last Mukkuru he had. I wonder why. Not only that, i wonder why Ash is mad at him for doing that? Also, Both Ash and Pikachu seem to be on their rematch mood type thing.

Despite that his attitude toward training is hilariously the same as most of us, it is seen as cold and dispassionate in the anime. Satoshi's all about friendship with his Pokémon partners, so it offended him on behalf of the Mukkuru that Shinji released the less useful ones and then the last one after it didn't perform up to his standards (regardless of winning). That Satoshi was already training a Mukkuru may have also contributed to Shinji's desire to release it.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Wow, they really are promoting the DS Lite arent they? First we see Hikari's PINK pokedex, then we see Shinji's NAVY BLUE pokedex. Wow, advertising within a cartoon. Nice going Nintendo...

Unless you have been living in a cave for the past ten years you'd notice the entire cartoon is an advertisement.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Ash's Mukkuru losing was somewhat predictable, I mean he just got afterall.
Shinji just got his too. He had just caught it at the beggining of the episode.
I just realised something, I think Shinji is a mix of Drew and Gary. Though im not sure why.
He isnt like them at all really. Shinji is most like silver from G/S/C games.

The Flat World

Free Trade For All
The sad thing is.... that Ash will probably beat Shinji in the end.Despite the fact that in the games, Shinji's way of training and treating pokemon (caring about the exact natures, EVs, IVs, movesets and roster) is much more effective than those of Ash's (relying on luck-based strategies and loooooooooving your pokemon). :(

Blaziryu

When I read the episode guide and view the episode pics, I said to myself "Ash really sucks". I mean, how the hell could he let his battle against Shinji end as a tie. For crying out loud, but Shinji is just a rookie. Pikachu is a real disappointment. Shinji being a rookie, his PKMN levels shouldn't be higher than 10. Yet Pikachu, who's like at like level 90 something was tied with Shinji's Elekid. If Gary would witness this battle, he would been like "Ash, how the fu*k you end in a tie? The as*hole is fu*kin rookie for crying out. I can beat that little fu*ker with my eyes close. And you suppose to be the fu*kin winner of the Battle Frontier. Man, you really suck".

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
When I read the episode guide and view the episode pics, I said to myself "Ash really sucks". I mean, how the hell could he let his battle against Shinji end as a tie. For crying out loud, but Shinji is just a rookie. Pikachu is a real disappointment. Shinji being a rookie, his PKMN levels shouldn't be higher than 10. Yet Pikachu, who's like at like level 90 something was tied with Shinji's Elekid. If Gary would witness this battle, he would been like "Ash, how the fu*k you end in a tie? The as*hole is fu*kin rookie for crying out. I can beat that little fu*ker with my eyes close. And you suppose to be the fu*kin winner of the Battle Frontier. Man, you really suck".
Do we know for sure that he's a beginning trainer?
After watching the episode it looks like he's an experience trainer who's had that elekid for a while now. When Ash and Brock are searching for Pikachu, they see a huge flash of electricity and think its pikachu. It ends up being Elekid (shinji's) then they see another one which is Pikachu's. I think right there it goes to show that Elekid is freakin poweful, why cant another pokemon be as strong as ash's pikachu? When Ash met gary in the last episode of AG and TR were trying to capture Elekible it also showed off its crazy electric power which Ash saw and ended up following.
Some of you people are taking it too much to the head. Just because it beat regice doesnt mean pikachu wont lose or tie anymore. And this is twice now that Volt tackle was stopped in its track (by protect). All pikachu has is electric attacks which were useless. Only iron tail was effective which pikachu did use and caught elekid with ONCE. Also when there battling we see pikachu start out with thunderbolt and it does next to nothing against elekid. Yet when elekid uses thunderbolt pikachu gets hurt. Doesnt that mean that Elekid has more power in its electric attacks than pikachu and very well MIGHT BE EXPERIENCED?

Magical Needle Smash

That's right. When Satoshi and Takeshi saw that electric attack in the woods, Takeshi mentioned that it was of "considerable power," which is why they thought it was Pikachu. Even if Shinji is a new trainer, it's been established that his Elekid is supposed to be powerful. Apart from his dissatisfaction from the Mukkuro he caught, Shinji also remarked that his Hikozaru was still unusable after it lost to Aipom, so that sheds even more light on what kind of trainer he is.

Also, after the battle, Satoshi noted that Pikachu was the one to fall first, so he accepted it as a loss instead of a tie, but he was apparently the only one that cared about that.

Ashu Quester

Perfect Harmony
Also when there battling we see pikachu start out with thunderbolt and it does next to nothing against elekid. Yet when elekid uses thunderbolt pikachu gets hurt. Doesnt that mean that Elekid has more power in its electric attacks than pikachu and very well MIGHT BE EXPERIENCED?

It's apparently a specially trained or unique Elekid (similar to the Poliwrath in the Orange Islands), because it's Static ability shouldn't make it immune to electric attacks. Why have Elekible needlessly dodge electric attacks when he actually does have the Electric Engine ability and then have Elekid absorb and power up from them?

Geodude

On the Pikachu vs Elekid battle:
I agree with those who said that Pikachu probably wasn't at full strength. Just look at all it had been through that day, it hadn't rested much.

On Shinji's release of the last Mukkuru:
That establishes Shinji's criteria for his Pokemon: It's not necessarily a simple question of whether or not they can provide a win, he judges them based on how strong he perceives them to be.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The sad thing is.... that Ash will probably beat Shinji in the end.Despite the fact that in the games, Shinji's way of training and treating pokemon (caring about the exact natures, EVs, IVs, movesets and roster) is much more effective than those of Ash's (relying on luck-based strategies and loooooooooving your pokemon). :(
In the games, sure, there the pokemon are bits of data that can't get tired, respond to emotions etc. though the whole "happiness level" thing does have some minor effects on power and evolution.

In the anime though, such things can have real effects, just as many trainers have noted while battling Ash when the pokemon did something extraordinary it was because of Ash's feelings and relationship with them (Noctowl learning Confusion, Taillow evolving and many others).

It would seem to me that Shinji and Ash's rivalry will center on a form of nature vs. nurture. In the pokemon world this would mean that Shinji only caes about the current physical traits and abilities of his pokemon and where those are likely to go. He doesn't spend time considering how much potnetial a Pokemon may have if given good training and such. He looks for ones that are already abnormally strong and seeks to make them stronger, while Ash simply seeks to make his pokemon as strong as they individually can be, regardless of results.

This makes three very distinct styles between Ash, Shinji and Gary.

Gary: Catch as many pokemon as possible, don't spend much time with any individual one of them, and in so doing gain massive power and variety (though he seems to have changed that viewpoint since then).

Ash: Capture pokemon you personally desire or who want to be with you and care more about their happiness than becoming stronger, and in turn the pokemon rewarding the trainer for his love and acceptance by bringing out their full potential. Ash has also adopted more of Gary's "switch out for in-storage pokemon" style as time has passed.

Shinji: Seek out the strongest wild pokemon possible, capture them, and make them even stronger. The current abilities of any pokemon you face are most important.

Medea

Excalibur
Well I can just hear the fan girls scream here about Shinji. Well as far as I'm concerned, I do not like Shinji one bit right now (and this opinion might change in the future because I used to hate Drew as well). Anyways, it was an okay episode. And I have to say this, when I saw the fight between Aipom and Hikozaru, I was just waiting for them to start crapping and throwing their crap at each other *shot* Yeah, I'm an idiot!

And after seeing these three episodes together this morning, I'm going to have high hopes for this upcoming season (and eagerly awaiting for Ash to go up against Merissa) I know I'm streching that but...Oh well.

TheBuddyBud

they sure did a good job at making shinji an ***

why is pikachu so weak?
it losing to elekible was understandable

but elekid?? the prepre-evo?
a tie is not even acceptable

if elekid isnt affected by electricity attacks at all, why is pikachu, an electric HIGH leveled pokemon, be inflicted with so much damage, to a LOW leveled elekid with an electric type attack??
AND to add it all up, did we forget that pikachu has single handedly defeated REGICE??

they sure did a good job at making shinji an ***

why is pikachu so weak?
it losing to elekible was understandable

but elekid?? the prepre-evo?
a tie is not even acceptable

if elekid isnt affected by electricity attacks at all, why is pikachu, an electric HIGH leveled pokemon, be inflicted with so much damage, to a LOW leveled elekid with an electric type attack??
AND to add it all up, did we forget that pikachu has single handedly defeated REGICE??
1. Pikachu had been through a LOT the past couple episodes.
2. Elekid is not just unaffected by electric attacks, it ABSORBS them and grows stronger.
3. Pikachu is always nerfed at the end of regions. If you haven't realized this by now, you must be blind.
4. Please note that Elekid was taken out by ONE attack.

Fiend Ryu

Title Pending
Do we know for sure that he's a beginning trainer?
After watching the episode it looks like he's an experience trainer who's had that elekid for a while now. When Ash and Brock are searching for Pikachu, they see a huge flash of electricity and think its pikachu. It ends up being Elekid (shinji's) then they see another one which is Pikachu's. I think right there it goes to show that Elekid is freakin poweful, why cant another pokemon be as strong as ash's pikachu? When Ash met gary in the last episode of AG and TR were trying to capture Elekible it also showed off its crazy electric power which Ash saw and ended up following.
Some of you people are taking it too much to the head. Just because it beat regice doesnt mean pikachu wont lose or tie anymore. And this is twice now that Volt tackle was stopped in its track (by protect). All pikachu has is electric attacks which were useless. Only iron tail was effective which pikachu did use and caught elekid with ONCE. Also when there battling we see pikachu start out with thunderbolt and it does next to nothing against elekid. Yet when elekid uses thunderbolt pikachu gets hurt. Doesnt that mean that Elekid has more power in its electric attacks than pikachu and very well MIGHT BE EXPERIENCED?

OK, let's say Shinji and Elekid are very experienced. Pikachu, having been with Ash through several different regions now, must be at an extremely high level now. Let's say 70 something.

Elekid could not be at that level. Why?

Shinji doesn't seem to be the kind of trainer to hold his Pokemon back from evolving. He wants them to be all powerful, not to be stuck in their first form at such a high level.

Oh, BTW, this episode has me thinking about Ash getting a Magby...

Yes. Ash MUST get a Magby. Magmar Final Evo vs. Shinji's Elekible. Goukuzaru vs. Pikachu.

It's the way it's gonna turn out. Face it. MWUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!11 *Cough*

OK, ignore the n00bish rants. You never saw em, OK?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Finally got the ep, and...

DID THEY JUST ****ING PLAY "RETALIATE" FROM MOVIE 8? I don't care how crappy the battle itself was. That instantly made it worthwhile in my book. I actually posted just a few weeks ago when the Regice battle aired that I wondered whether or not they were ever going to use it in the anime, as it's probably my favorite musical piece in the history of the series + movies.

On another note, this is sure one no-personality professor.

Geodude

Define "no-personality". Some random Pokemon the gang walks past has no personality. This Professor was a strict, serious administrator and lecturer, as opposed to the hands-on, affable Professors we're used to.
Does Ash always assume that random bolts of electricity in the middle of a forest belong to Pikachu?
Um, why wouldn't he, considering the circumstances?
Type disadvantage FTW. And the whole "been through a lot without much rest" thing that has been said several times already.

Last edited: