• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Where is Eevee Going? To the End of the World for the Sake of a Meeting! (1042)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don’t see any need to waste time ranting about who got Eevee. They’ll eventually have to stop ;)
Exactly. Anyone still going on about Eevee, regardless of how they feel, is seriously getting annoying

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Exactly. Anyone still going on about [Ash losing the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos Leagues] [Insert PokeGirl that should return to the show here] [Insert every other thing fans gripe about], regardless of how they feel, is seriously getting annoying
Funny how you change it and it remains the same

People are still griping about things that happened before some fans of the show were even born

We'll shut up when they shut up :p

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Exactly. Anyone still going on about Eevee, regardless of how they feel, is seriously getting annoying
Yeah, it should already be put to an end and accept that Lana got the Eevee.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Funny how you change it and it remains the same

People are still griping about things that happened before some fans of the show were even born

We'll shut up when they shut up :p
That's exactly what I'm saying tho :p

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I don’t see any need to waste time ranting about who got Eevee. They’ll eventually have to stop ;)
They probably going to carry this over to Ash's Alola League loss and say "I knew they should have given that Eevee to Ash, so that he would win the league. What a waste of potential."...Ok, I'll stop.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
They probably going to carry this over to Ash's Alola League loss and say "I knew they should have given that Eevee to Ash, so that he would win the league. What a waste of potential."...Ok, I'll stop.
Certainly too far. But still I want to stop about it. It’s just that Ash didn’t interact too much with it.

uber gon

Accept Change
Given that the last Nagisa I saw was a tall, muscular badminton player, I wonder if a new Eevee evolution will be a Fighting-type.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Well dang, they went there after all :confused:
I'll mail them a Water-Stone. Though maybe this will help give Lana her groove back.

Though Team Skull was in top form. They may be total butt monkeys, but this time they were hilarious! :ROFLMAO:XD

Though here's what I'm curious about for later: 1) I guess TPCI wont have to bother with the Eevee shorts after all since the beginning of the episode covered the highlights, and 2) what will they call "Nagisa"? "Sunny" perhaps?o_O

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I agree. The notion that Eevee won't get a lot of screen time because Ash didn't catch it is sort of nonsensical. Eevee is guaranteed screen time simply because of LGPE promotion, which means its Trainer is also going to get more screen time as a result. Thus, Lana is more or less guaranteed more screen time, simply because she is Nagisa's Trainer.
Yeah, let's me tell you one thing, you're literally being delusional if you're thinking that being a Lana Pokemon amd being an Ash Pokemon is actually the same thing when it comes to getting spotlight. Yeah, the LGPE promo factor is obviously there, which means that Eevee is obviously going to recieve some spotlight and focus as an LGPE mascot, but saying that Eevee would get an equal amount of importance and focus if it's Lana's Pokemon as it would have been if it was an Ash Pokemon is just ridiculous. Ash and Lana are nowhere nearly of the same importance as a character as per the show goes, Ash the main face and protagonist of the show who has appeared in pretty much each and every canonical episode and movie of the show, and always gets the biggest amount of focus and spotlight among all the characters the show. While Lana is someone who is a part of the SM main cast, but doesn't even get most spotlight amongst Ash classmates. They aren't even comparable even in the slightest in terms of importance. Due to the LGPE promo factor, both Lana and Eevee are obviously gonna get some focus and spotlight, but saying that it would have been the same case if Ash caught Eevee is just plain ridiculous. Lana naturally as a character isn't anywhere near of the same importance as Ash, she naturally just can't get that many focus episodes as Ash. Heck, even Lillie, as the dueteragonist of the show, gets way more spotlight and character development compared to Lana. Due to being an Ash Pokemon (a Pokemon belonging to the main protagonist) it would presumably gotten way more spotlight and focus compared to being a Lana Pokemon (heck, maybe we would've gotten an entire 2 months or so focusing on Eevee, who knows).

To be fair to the "Ash is going to catch Eevee" group, just because the past two Eevees on the main cast belonged to the female companions didn't automatically mean that this Eevee would also be caught by one of the female companions. Firstly, none of the SM girls really receive the same amount of attention or screen time their predecessors did—if only because previous series only had to balance three or four main characters (and one Pokégirl), whereas SM is trying to balance six main characters (and three Pokégirls).
Not that it automatically meant that any companion of Ash here was gonna catch it, but it was definitely more likely than not if we look at the history of Pokemon anime so far in similar cases. In previous 2 sagas, where a main cast member got Eevee, it wasn't Ash and Ash's companions like May and Serena who got Eevee. So considering the instances in the previous cases in this anime, it was more likely than not than some of Ash's classmates caught Eevee rather than Ash. Because after all, Eevee is a Pokemon that has existed since Gen 1. But in the previous 6 Gens prior to this, the writers never bothered to give an Eevee, over the course of 900+ episodes in the anime. Making it more unlikely than not that Ash was gonna catch Eevee here.

Maybe the writers also thought that giving one of the classmates Eevee would direct some spotlight and focus towards them because of the LGPE promo factor, since Ash's classmates like Lana hasn't been getting an appropriate amount of focus until now (though it's still obvious that Eevee would have gotten way more spotlight and focus if it went to Ash compared to going to any of the classmates).

Secondly, this is the first time Eevee is a starter Pokémon in a main series game, and the first time promoting it has been so crucial. As the faces of each generation, the starters tend to get more focus and development than other Pokémon. (Note how most of Ash's aces have been starters. SM is the first series where a starter is not Ash's regional ace.) With that in mind, it would have made sense for Ash to catch Eevee, since it would be guaranteed a lot of focus as a member of his team. It would also mean it would be less likely to be overshadowed by LGPE's other starter, Pikachu (who, as the face of the entire franchise and Ash's main go-to Pokémon, already has an overwhelming advantage over Eevee, so to speak).

Look, you literally just contradicted yourself here. Earlier, you told that, Eevee was always gonna get a lot of focus whether it went to Ash and Lana, due to the LGPE promo factor. And now, you're claiming that Ash catching Eevee would have made sense because going to Ash guarantees more focus? I hope you realize the contraction here.

Starter Pokemon can sometimes also given some focus if they go to Ash's companions (though obviously not as much if they go to Ash). Like say, May's Blaziken Brock's Marshtomp, Dawn's Piplup, Serena's Braixen, Clemont's Chespin, etc.

I know that Eevee is a mascot of the of the LGPE games, which is a big issue no doubt, but how would've the writers honestly given Eevee to Ash at this point, without totally screwing up Ash's Alolan team? The writers, IMO, haven't even developed Ash's Alolan team members properly until now apart from Lycanroc; Rowlet and Torracat have hardly recieved a proper amount of spotlight amd development so far until now, they are desperately in need of some more proper development and focus at this point. So giving Ash Eevee at Eevee, who has a screenhogging like playful and comedic personality, has the LGPE promo factor behind it, would have obviously taken away the spotlight from Rowlet and Torracat, robbing them of proper development they really deserve at this point. So screwing over Ash's Alolan team in terms of development by giving Ash Eevee at this point would've hardly made any sense IMO. Going to Lana means that it's spotlight and focus would at least be limited to an extent since Lana isn't that much important as a character of course.

You may want to review the definition of "drama queen," because that's not the right phrase to describe Nagisa. A drama queen is someone who overreacts to situations or reacts in a melodramatic way—and I don't mean the kind of overreactions or melodrama that's purely for the sake of comedy (or else Kiawe would classify as a drama queen); rather, I mean unnecessary overreactions or melodrama that's an inherent part of one's character. Nagisa may be easily excitable (and, if you ask me, way too trusting of strange Pokémon) and a little rambunctious, but it's far from a drama queen.
Um, Nagisa does act quite a bit overdramatically playful, cute and comical all the time, you can just notice just by seeing its interactions with other Pokemon and humans, whether its playfully tackling other Pokemon, acting hurt in a comedic manner while it goes through a ton of slapstick stuff or whether it's its frightened reaction when it's running away being frightened by a Pokemon. It does act comedically/playfully overdramatic all the time, and in the process hogs a ton a screentime. Should I then just call it a comedic drama queen?

Last edited:

landipan

I liked how at the end Lana joked about evolving Eevee into a bug type, so it seems she does hopes to evolve it eventually, hopefully before the series ends! The question will persist till then if she'll go the expected(at least by me) Vaporeon or unveil a new Eeveelution.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Though here's what I'm curious about for later: 1) I guess TPCI wont have to bother with the Eevee shorts after all since the beginning of the episode covered the highlights, and 2) what will they call "Nagisa"? "Sunny" perhaps?
The subtitles translated Nagisa as Marin so I suspect she'll get something a little more water-related

It's a pity the dub won't be translating the entirety of the Eevee shorts because while we do get get some highlights, she loses a lot of characterization in the process

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I feel like the shorts really should be kept, as without them the opening to this episode becomes kind of a massive exposition dump that starts off with "Hey, remember all this stuff?" The fact that it reveals Nagisa as having already met the other Pokémon (by the way, I can't help but wonder why they were all just hanging out on the beach without their trainers in the first place...) kinda adds to it; Those shorts were meant to lead in to this episode and without them it sorta just comes off as "Here's a random Eevee with an oddly elaborate backstory! It's the protagonist of this episode. Deal with it."

Also while I'm on the subject of that opening scene... I did not like the music there. Something about it just sounded very... not Pokémon, if that makes any sense. (It probably doesn't.)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Yeah, let's me tell you one thing, you're literally being delusional if you're thinking that being a Lana Pokemon amd being an Ash a Pokemon is actually the same thing when it comes to getting spotlight. Yeah, the LGPE promo factor is obviously there, which means that Eevee is obviously going to recieve some spotlight and focus as an LGPE mascot, but saying that Eevee would get an equal amount of importance and focus if it's Lana's Pokemon as it would have been if it was an Ash Pokemon is just ridiculous. Ash and Lana are nowhere nearly of the same importance as a character as per the show goes, Ash the main face and protagonist of the show who has appeared in pretty much each and every canonical episode and movie of the show, and always gets the biggest amount of focus and spotlight among all the characters the show. While Lana is someone who is a part of the SM main cast, but doesn't even get most spotlight amongst Ash classmates. They aren't even comparable even in the slightest in terms of importance. Due to the LGPE promo factor, both Lana and Eevee are obviously gonna get some focus and spotlight, but saying that it would have been the same case if Ash caught Eevee is just plain ridiculous. Lana naturally as a character isn't anywhere near of the same importance as Ash, she naturally just can't get that many focus episodes as Ash. Heck, even Lillie, as the dueteragonist of the show, gets way more spotlight and character development compared to Lana. Due to being an Ash Pokemon (a Pokemon belonging to the main protagonist) it would presumably gotten way more spotlight and focus compared to being a Lana Pokemon (heck, maybe we would've gotten an entire 2 months or so focusing on Eevee, who knows).
You badly misinterpeted and/or misread what I said. I never said that being one of Lana's Pokémon is the same as being one of Ash's Pokémon. I said that Lana being Nagisa's Trainer more or less guarantees her more screen time because Nagisa is guaranteed more screen time due to LGPE promotion. (The key words there, though, are "more or less," because the writers could easily give Nagisa plenty of focus without making Lana any more prominent. We'll have to wait and see.) I'm well aware that being the Pokémon of a supporting main character is nowhere near the same as being the Pokémon of the freakin' protagonist. :rolleyes:

Maybe the writers also thought that giving one of the classmates Eevee would direct some spotlight and focus towards them because of the LGPE promo factor, since Ash's classmates like Lana hasn't been getting an appropriate amount of focus until now (though it's still obvious that Eevee would have gotten way more spotlight and focus if it went to Ash compared to going to any of the classmates).
And that is exactly what I have been saying—the character who catches Eevee is more or less guaranteed more screen time due to LGPE promotion.

Look, you literally just contradicted yourself here. Earlier, you told that, Eevee was always gonna get a lot of focus whether it went to Ash and Lana, due to the LGPE promo factor. And no, you're claiming that Ash catching Eevee would have made sense because going to Ash guarantees more focus? I hope you realize the contraction here.
I didn't contradict myself. I was merely providing possible reasons as to why some people thought Ash was the most likely candidate to catch Eevee. Ash's Pokémon being guaranteed the most spotlight because he is the protagonist is one of those possible reasons. Some people who are acting like those who thought Ash might catch Eevee were delusional or something, and I'm not a fan of that attitude. (I'm not saying you are one of those people. Your post just happened to trigger me.)

Um, Nagisa does act quite a bit overdramatically playful, cute and comical all the time, you can just notice just by seeing its interactions with other Pokemon and humans, whether its playfully tackling other Pokemon, acting hurt in a comedic manner while it goes through a ton of slapstick stuff or whether it's its frightened reaction when it's running away being frightened by a Pokemon. It does act comedically/playfully overdramatic all the time, and in the process hogs a ton a screentime. Should I then just call it a comedic drama queen?
Yes, Nagisa is dramatically playful, cute, and comical. That is still not the definition of a drama queen. A drama queen is someone who overreacts to every situation, often in a melodramatic way. Nagisa is excitable and rambunctious, not melodramatic.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I also like this about the episode:

DP279.jpg

Notice that they all have a frame of a pokémon associated with them surrounding their faces? Ash has Pikachu, Lillie has Alolan Vulpix, Rotom has Rotom Dex, Sophocles has Minior, and Mallow has Bounsweet seen from above.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I also like this about the episode:

DP279.jpg

Notice that they all have a frame of a pokémon associated with them surrounding their faces? Ash has Pikachu, Lillie has Alolan Vulpix, Rotom has Rotom Dex, Sophocles has Minior, and Mallow has Bounsweet seen from above.
I noticed that, too, when I was watching the episode, and I thought that was a nice touch.

DatsRight

The subtitles translated Nagisa as Marin so I suspect she'll get something a little more water-related

It's a pity the dub won't be translating the entirety of the Eevee shorts because while we do get get some highlights, she loses a lot of characterization in the process

I suppose it depends, since from what I know the shorts aren't tacked onto the show, they're part of its screentime. Dub cuts like the shorter credits and omitted Poke problems are largely due to time constraints for programs between regions, but taking out another two or three minutes would then make the program too short.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
Good episode 9/10
It should have happened earlier, imo, but I guess the writers did it then to promote LGP&E. That persian should learn manners, honestly. Popplio learns Surf, people! Woooo!!! I don't mind Lana catching Nagisa and I also like the fact that it was caught in a Dive Ball. And that Team Skull simultaneous NANI was funny! Also, Eevee seems to have the same hyperactive personality like Lana's sister do. Eevee's haircut looks fine. Why did people think Ash would catch Eevee, anyways? Don't start a fight..........
Well, anyways, I feel there were hints that Lana was gonna capture Eevee like it came to the Island via the sea and it has a hyperative personality like Lana's sisters etc. I also liked that when Eevee was jumping onto Surf from Pkmn to Pkmn onto the Surf, the last pokemon it jumped from was a Mantine.