• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

404 Error

3D992

The Living Hologram
I must say, I have viewed this series as a bit repetitive for a while - almost like an episode of Phineas and Ferb. I'm glad that (in my opinion) the story has actually picked up speed. Red has a way home, the main bad-guy teams are duking it out, there is a legendary glitch pokemon... Things are shaping up nicely. Also, CLIFFHANGER?!

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

I have scaled the mountain known as '404 Error'! I HAVE MADE IT TO CHAPTER 35!!!

WHOO!!!!

Anyways, MM. I have read your Adventure of Adventureness fic a long time ago. I began reading this fic and I must say, excellent work! You are awesome! You deserve a cookie :)

I like the main characters! Man! At first Orange and Violet are always fighting each other and Red has to put up with those two. Now, they're love birds that care for each other and rarely argue with each other! Good character development! You deserve another cookie :)

Team Error and Team Debug. Wow, they are like Team Aqua and Magma from Hoenn. Speaking of Hoenn, In the beginning. Orange and Violet are like Groudon and Kyogre. Both of them don't like each other that much, and both of them can't stand each other. And Red is like Rayquaza, he keeps both of them from messing each other up. However since Orange and Violet are dating, both of them turned from ferocious Beasts, into two Pachirisus that are in love with each other. Owwww.......

Hmm.. I have two theories on who The Gym Leader is.

Could it be Prof. Redwood this whole time? Or could it be that Terence guy? Or could it be...

Genesect (Curse you reviewers from ClichéStorm!)

Or.

Giovanni

Oh well, You're the author. I'll figure it out when the next chapter is up.

So Dormant;429; signing off..

P.S. For some reason, In Adventure of Adventureness, I always picture that you wearing a purple suit and pants, and I also picture you having a Big Purple Afro, like the one Miror. B has............. ಠ_ಠ

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Aaaarghhhhhhh! The suspense is killing me!

I'm so glad that you get these chapters up so fast!
*maniacal laughter* It's fun to be evil with cliffhangers. The next chapter is already being worked on, though I can't guarantee it'll be up today. Totally not an attempt to maximize your suffering from the evil cliffhanger. :)

I must say, I have viewed this series as a bit repetitive for a while - almost like an episode of Phineas and Ferb. I'm glad that (in my opinion) the story has actually picked up speed. Red has a way home, the main bad-guy teams are duking it out, there is a legendary glitch pokemon... Things are shaping up nicely. Also, CLIFFHANGER?!
I'm glad you're not seeing the series as repetitive so much anymore. And yes... Cliffhanger.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

I have scaled the mountain known as '404 Error'! I HAVE MADE IT TO CHAPTER 35!!!

WHOO!!!!

Anyways, MM. I have read your Adventure of Adventureness fic a long time ago. I began reading this fic and I must say, excellent work! You are awesome! You deserve a cookie :)

I like the main characters! Man! At first Orange and Violet are always fighting each other and Red has to put up with those two. Now, they're love birds that care for each other and rarely argue with each other! Good character development! You deserve another cookie :)

Team Error and Team Debug. Wow, they are like Team Aqua and Magma from Hoenn. Speaking of Hoenn, In the beginning. Orange and Violet are like Groudon and Kyogre. Both of them don't like each other that much, and both of them can't stand each other. And Red is like Rayquaza, he keeps both of them from messing each other up. However since Orange and Violet are dating, both of them turned from ferocious Beasts, into two Pachirisus that are in love with each other. Owwww.......
Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I kinda like how you compared Orange, Violet, and Red to Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. Though the way I see it, Orange and Violet always had feelings for each other, and it took traveling with each other for them to actually realize it. If memory serves, I've been subtly hinting at the two of them getting together since the chapter at Moon Canyon.

Hmm.. I have two theories on who The Gym Leader is.

Could it be Prof. Redwood this whole time? Or could it be that Terence guy? Or could it be...

Genesect (Curse you reviewers from ClichéStorm!)

Or.

Giovanni

Oh well, You're the author. I'll figure it out when the next chapter is up.

So Dormant;429; signing off..
Not commenting on any of this. I'm not going to give anybody any sort of hint whatsoever. Gotta keep that cliffhanger evil, after all.

P.S. For some reason, In Adventure of Adventureness, I always picture that you wearing a purple suit and pants, and I also picture you having a Big Purple Afro, like the one Miror. B has............. ಠ_ಠ
O__o Yeah, that's weird, and wildly inaccurate.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 36: The Stuff Of Legends
~~~~~~~~​
It was Terrence.

"Me," Terrence responded calmly, a truly diabolical smirk on his face. "Terrence, leader not only of the Ivadirin City Pokémon Gym, but also Teams Error and Debug."

"Wait, you're the boss of both teams?" Orange said incredulously. "How... Why..."

"I will gladly answer that, you babbling simpleton," Terrence replied smoothly. "Two words- world domination. Taking over Tanko is just the beginning. Once I have command of this region, I can extend my influence to the rest of the world with relative ease."

"I don't know if you noticed," Red said, "but we've kinda been taking out your underlings left and right wherever we cross paths. Between that and the fact that you can't beat me in battle-"

"Ah, now see, that's where you're wrong, Red," interrupted Terrence. "See, it's true that I never used to be able to beat you in battle... but now that I have the might of a formidable legendary Pokémon by my side, I'm unstoppable!"

"Legendary Pokémon?" repeated the group in unison.

"You guys catch on quick," sneered Terrence.

"You didn't finish answering me, though," Orange said suddenly. "Why make two teams that are opposed to one another?"

"Motivation," Terrence replied simply. "It's motivating enough to fill one team's idiot heads with stuff to give them a goal, but even more so to give them someone to work against, and hopefully, in their efforts to thwart the other team, increase the collateral damage on the region as a whole. See, taking over a region is a lot like catching a Pokémon. You throw a Poké Ball before it's weakened enough, odds are, whatever it is is gonna break free. But you weaken it enough, and then you throw the Poké Ball, the Pokémon's as good as caught. See, if I had done this earlier, everyone would have been able to rise up against me, stop my plans before I started. But now that Tanko's been weakened by all the fighting between Error and Debug, nobody's gonna be able to stop me!"

"So basically, you tricked your underlings into turning on each other just to weaken the Tanko region for your takeover?" Red asked. "That's horrible!"

"I do what I have to do to achieve my goals," smirked Terrence. "It's a shame I had to hire some of the most dimwitted morons it has ever been my displeasure to know, but I had to get minions who would actually buy into the crap I was feeding them. So, I'm guessing you fellows are here to try and stop my plans?"

"No, we're just going door to door selling pre-cooked fried nines- of course we're here to stop you!" Orange exclaimed.

"Well, I think I have time for a quick match," stated Terrence as he stood up, taking his position at his end of the battlefield. "Red, come forth. This time, the stakes of our battle will be significantly higher. If you win, not only do you save the Tanko region, but you also earn the coveted Soil Badge. When I win... heh heh... Well, then I win," he smirked. "Four Pokémon each, those are the rules."

"I doubt I'll even need that many," Red stated confidently, taking out a Poké Ball and throwing it. "Snorlax, I choose you!" he yelled as the Sleeping Pokémon materialized- only it wasn't sleeping, but wide awake, standing on its feet and facing forward.
"Snorlaaaaax," it rumbled.

"Heh," smirked Terrence as he held up a Poké Ball. "Prepare to lose, Red! Sandslash, destroy!" he shouted as he heaved the sphere forward. The ball split open, unleashing the spike-coated form of Sandslash onto the battlefield.

"Come on, Red!" Orange exclaimed.

"You got this!" added Violet.

"No he doesn't," Terrence laughed. "Sandslash! Fury Swipes!"

"Slash!" exclaimed Sandslash as it dashed forward, its claws extended, its arms raised in preparation for the attack. Then, it lunged.

"Snorlax! Harden!" Red commanded.

"Snooooor," grunted Snorlax as its entire body stiffened, suddenly seeming to shine under the lights. Sandslash proceeded to strike with Fury Swipes, but each hit sounded like a metallic clang, and Snorlax didn't seem to be affected very much.

"Now use Body Slam!" Red yelled.

"Sandslash, Slash now!" Terrence ordered. However, before Sandslash could change its tactics, Snorlax fell over onto its stomach, trapping Sandslash between its considerable and formidable bulk and the hard, hard arena floor.

"Good, Snorlax!" Red grinned.

"Sandslash, Dig!" bellowed Terrence.

As Snorlax stood up, it became clear that Sandslash was gone, with a narrow yet deep hole in the ground in place of the Ground-type. As Snorlax looked around nervously, Sandslash erupted out of the ground behind the Normal-type and tackled it hard, causing it to stumble forward a bit.

"Snorlax, its behind you!" Red warned it.

"Finish it! Fissure attack!" Terrence shouted.

"Oh, crap," groaned Orange. "If Fissure hits, Snorlax is finished! Red, do something!"

Red looked as though he was about to panic, and then something occurred to him. "Snorlax, use your Surf attack now!" he exclaimed suddenly.

"Snor! Lax!" Snorlax grunted as its slit-like eyes glowed blue. Then, a towering wave of water seemed to emerge right out of the ground, and struck Sandslash with great force.

"Slaaaaash!" wailed Sandslash as the rushing water swept it away before it could even start to use Fissure. Finally, the Ground-type washed up at its trainer's feet, unconscious as the ground absorbed most of the water.

"Mew damn it," grumbled Terrence as he withdrew Sandslash. Then, he took out another Poké Ball and threw it. “Golem! Destroy!” he shouted as the Megaton Pokémon materialized.

“Golem gol,” rumbled the Rock/Ground-type.

“Snorlax, use Surf once more!” Red commanded.

“Golem, Submission now!” ordered Terrence.

As Snorlax’s eyes started to glow blue, Golem lunged. Despite Snorlax’s considerable weight, the Rock/Ground-type was able to wrestle it to the ground with relative ease.

“Whoa,” Orange murmured. “Golem’s gotta be pretty strong to bring down a Snorlax like that.”

“Well, Golem’s one of the heavier Pokémon in the world,” replied Violet. “Not that far off from Snorlax, in fact. And yes, it’s also pretty strong. Dangerous combination.”

“Snorlax, Harden!” Red called.

“No you don’t!” Terrence roared. “Golem! Rock Slide!”

“Golem gol,” rumbled Golem as its eyes glowed red. Then, it rolled backwards, getting off of Snorlax, leaving behind a number of glowing red circles directly above Snorlax. Before the Normal-type could react, each circle unleashed a number of large rocks, nearly burying Snorlax. Though the Sleeping Pokémon managed to crawl out from beneath the heap of rocks, it promptly passed out.

“Snorlax, return!” Red called as he held out Snorlax’s Poké Ball. Once Snorlax had been recalled, he threw another ball. “Go! Raticate!” yelled Red as the Rat Pokémon materialized in a flash of light.

“Golem, hit it with a Fissure attack!” commanded Terrence.

“Raticate, Water Gun!” Red shouted.

“RrratiCAAAAAATE!” screeched Raticate as it unleashed a torrent of water from within its mouth. Golem, who had been about to stomp the ground hard, groaned and shouted in pain as it instead tried to fend off the aquatic assault.

“Oh, come on!” Terrence whined as Raticate continued its attack. Despite Golem’s best efforts, the Water Gun did its job. The Megaton Pokémon rolled back, its limbs limp, and made no effort to move on its own volition.

“All right!” Red cheered as a scowling Terrence withdrew Golem. “Way to go, Raticate!” he congratulated the Normal-type.

“Rrrrraticate!” replied Raticate, grinning as best it could considering its perpetually bared teeth.

“Oh, this is far from over!” declared Terrence as he threw another ball. “Nidoqueen!” he shouted as the Drill Pokémon emerged from within. She glared down at Raticate, though this did not deter the Rat Pokémon.

“Hyper Fang!” Red ordered.

“Hyper Beam!” yelled Terrence.

Before Nidoqueen could fire off her Hyper Beam, Raticate lunged forward and sank its fangs into her side. Nidoqueen roared her displeasure at this and started clawing at Raticate, attempting to extricate its fangs from her. At that moment, Raticate stopped its attack and dashed out of Nidoqueen’s reach.

“The time for games is over!” growled Terrence. “Fissure attack, Nidoqueen!”

“Oh, come on, does every Pokémon on his team know that move?!” exclaimed Orange.

“Orange?” said Violet.

“Yeah?”

“Shut up.”

“Quick Attack now!” Red called out to Raticate, who lunged forward and slammed into Nidoqueen. The blow knocked her back, but not off her feet. The Drill Pokémon, undeterred, slammed her foot down hard on the ground, causing it to shake… and to crack. Red looked on in horror as a deep crack started to form in the ground, and was headed right for Raticate. However, the Normal-type was able to sidestep the oncoming Fissure with ease, at which point the ground stopped cracking.

“Of course,” sighed Violet in relief. “One-hit KO moves will never work if the target is faster than the user.”

“Nidoqueen, Take Down now!” commanded Terrence.

“Raticate, Double-Edge attack!” ordered Red.

The two combatants charged at each other simultaneously, but despite the fact that Take Down was a weaker move than Double-Edge, Nidoqueen’s size advantage helped it to overpower Raticate. The Normal-type collapsed to the ground and moved no more.

“Return!” Red called, Raticate’s Poké Ball in his hand. Before the red light had even fully re-entered the Poké Ball, already he was throwing another one. “Go! Charizard!” Red shouted, unleashing his faithful starter, who roared loudly as he flew a quick lap around the inside of Ivadirin Gym before landing on the ground, glaring defiantly at Nidoqueen. The two of them had faced off several times before, after all.

“Nidoqueen, Water Gun!” Terrence commanded.

“Charizard, evade it!” Red called out.

With a great flap of its wings, Charizard was in the air, the Water Gun shot off by Nidoqueen sailing harmlessly beneath it. Red saw the chance for gaining the upper hand and seized it immediately.

“Flamethrower now!” Red called.

Charizard roared loudly, a forceful stream of intense flames erupting from its mouth. Nidoqueen cried out in protest, and once the attack had ceased, numerous burns could be seen all over her body.

“Nidoqueen’s been burned!” Orange exclaimed.

“Charizard, use your Mega Punch!” Red ordered.

“We’ll use Mega Punch as well! Go, Nidoqueen!” snarled Terrence.

Both Pokémon moved swiftly and simultaneously, charging at each other, right hands clenched into fists. They made contact at the same time, Charizard punching Nidoqueen in the face, and Nidoqueen punching Charizard in the face. The attacks sent the combatants tumbling to the ground, but they were back on their feet in seconds, glaring at each other.

“Use Hyper Beam!” ordered Terrence.

“Charizard, Flamethrower!” commanded Red.

The Hyper Beam and the Flamethrower were fired off at the same time, at very close range. The resulting explosion was huge, noisy, and immediate, with dust flying in every direction. Nobody could see what was happening, until a sudden wind which seemed to come from inside the dust cloud dispersed the dust. Red could now see that it was Charizard flapping its wings that was clearing out the dust… and it was standing over an unconscious Nidoqueen.

Red waited for the screams, the uncontrolled temper, the enraged outbursts from Terrence, but they never came. On the contrary, he had never looked calmer as he withdrew Nidoqueen. It was almost ominous, in fact, how calmly he was taking this.

“Very good, Red,” smirked Terrence. “But see, this time isn’t like the previous battles we’ve had.”

“It’s shaping up that way so far,” Red retorted.

“True enough,” conceded Terrence. “But see, now I have something I lacked in those other battles- the might of a legendary Pokémon on my side.”

Red said nothing, but he was starting to get nervous. Still, he didn’t dare show this. He had to stay confident for the sake of his Pokémon. Plus, there was also the minor detail that the fate of the free world would very well hinge on the outcome of this battle.

Terrence smirked as he reached for his belt, and produced a purple-and-white sphere. It looked like a Poké Ball, only with the red half colored purple. A pair of pink spots could be seen on the purple half, with a white “M” sandwiched between them. Red’s eyes widened. “A Master Ball?” he said. “How the-“

“It was my father’s,” explained Terrence. “He and he alone believed in my potential for world domination. Ever since I was a little kid he would teach me all he knew… all that which he had so dearly wanted to put into practice. And when he got sick, I promised him I would do it. I promised him I would take over the world, just as we had wanted to do as father and son. This Master Ball is all I have left of him now… and so, it is fitting that it contains my means of achieving my dream,” he finished as he pressed the button, enlarging the enhanced Poké Ball to its full size.

Orange and Violet exchanged nervous glances. Red gulped, not daring to take his eyes off the Master Ball. Terrence smirked at this, and threw the ball. “Go! p T!” he shouted.

The Master Ball split open in midair, and a large rush of dazzling light flooded out of it, forming on the ground into a huge cube shape, easily fifteen feet in any given direction at the very least. Just as Red had seen on his Pokédex’s screen earlier that day, its body was lined with thick vertical white and black stripes, with the white stripes sporting sparse black markings. An unbearably loud, rumbling roar emanated from the legendary Pokémon, a roar so loud the entire Gym shook.

Though Red needed to take a few deep breaths to steady himself, he didn’t look ready to back down just yet. “Legendary or not, it’s going down. Right, Charizard?” he asked his Fire/Flying-type, who nodded and roared in response.

“Not even in your dreams!” exclaimed Terrence.

“Charizard! Flamethrower!” Red commanded.

“p T! Water Gun!” ordered Terrence.

Charizard unleashed the Fire move at the same time p T launched a forceful, high-pressure stream of water from a spot on the front of its cube-like body. The Water Gun cut through the Flamethrower with absurd ease, and sent Charizard tumbling to the ground, where it struggled to get back up.

“Finish it with Rock Slide!” yelled Terrence.

p T gave another rumbling roar, and a large red circle appeared in the air above Charizard. A single, massive boulder fell through this circle, crushing Charizard into the ground. The boulder then inexplicably vanished into thin air, but there lay Charizard, unconscious.

“Oh, no,” whispered Red as he withdrew Charizard. “Oh, no…”

“That’s right, Red,” cackled Terrence. “Weep! Weep with despair, for the free world as you know it is no more! Shall we end the match now, or will you subject another one of your Pokémon to the inexorable wrath of p T?”

“No… No!” Red exclaimed defiantly. “I won’t give up! I’ve only been here for somewhere close to a week and a half, and already the Tanko region feels like home to me! This world is worth saving, and damn it, I’m gonna save it!” With that, he launched another Poké Ball. “Parasect!” he bellowed. “Spore now!”

In a flash of light, Red’s Parasect materialized, and wasted no time in unleashing a cloud of blue dust. p T, however, washed it away with a simple Water Gun, which Parasect only barely avoided.

“Parasect! Bide! Now!” Red commanded.

“Use Sky Attack!” bellowed Terrence.

As Parasect took on a yellow aura, bracing itself, a harsh, golden glow overcame p T’s entire body as it slowly rose into the air. Then, with astonishing speed, the Normal/Ground-type slammed into Parasect, shaking the entire building and leaving an enormous crater in the ground. Red looked in, only for his insides to grow cold as he saw the yellow aura fizzle out- Parasect had been one-hit KO’d by the super effective move.

Red withdrew Parasect as Terrence’s grin widened. “I knew it,” he said. “I knew my travels would not be in vain. Losing to you constantly was disheartening, but also motivating, Red. See, it kept me motivated to strengthen my Pokémon, kept me motivated to seek out the information I was after- the knowledge on how to awaken p T. There is an old legend which claims p T was awakened when Tanko was faced with the threat of a calamitous war. Once I learned of this, I summoned every last one of my minions here to Ivadirin City, which, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, has resulted in the biggest outbreak of fighting the city’s ever seen. Sure enough, this resulted in p T manifesting itself right here in this gym. I told p T of how I plan to cease the fighting-“

“You lied to it?” interrupted Orange.

“Certainly not!” Terrence exclaimed. “I fully intend to cease the fighting out there, once you lot get out of my way.

“Yeah, not happening,” Violet said defiantly.

“You’re not getting past us,” added Orange.

“We’re staying right here,” stated Red.

“I expected nothing less,” nodded Terrence. Then, he addressed p T. “Move them aside with Psychic,” he added. Before any of them could react to this, an invisible yet powerful force pushed Red, Violet, and Orange off to the right, where they collapsed in a heap. As they tried to get back to their feet, they heard a large crunching noise- p T was crashing through the front wall of Ivadirin Gym, with Terrence smugly riding atop. Wordlessly, Red, Violet, and Orange exchanged brief, worried looks before they ran out the large hole in the Gym after p T and Terrence.

A collective gasp sounded from Error and Debug grunts alike as p T crashed through the Ivadirin Gym, floating ominously above them all, with Terrence riding atop the legendary Pokémon, laughing maniacally.

“What the?!” exclaimed a Team Error grunt, whose LM4 was shaking in fright.

“Teams Error and Debug!” called Terrence from atop p T. “Hear me now! The time has come to set aside your differences, for you are beholding p T, the behemoth spoken of in legend! If you do not cease your fighting, it will cease it for you!”

As the grunts started murmuring uncertainly, a Nidoking delivered a swift Rolling Kick to p T’s side, a Dodrio’s three heads rammed its other side with a Skull Bash, and a Butterfree rose above the Normal/Ground-type and blasted it with a Psybeam. Despite the simultaneous attacks, p T barely budged. Terrence, however, wheeled around- there stood the trio, bravely glaring up at him. With them were Orange’s Nidoking, Red’s Dodrio, and Flutters, Violet’s Butterfree.

“I tire of you,” sighed Terrence to the trio. He jumped down from his lofty perch, and shook his head at them. “When will you learn to leave well enough alone?”

“When you stop trying to take over the world!” Red replied angrily. “Dodrio, Tri Attack!”

“Flutters, Psybeam!” added Violet.

“Nidoking, Aurora Beam!” commanded Orange.

“p T, Bide!” ordered Terrence.

As the attacks were fired off, p T, now coated in a yellow aura, took them all without so much as wincing. And then, before they could even think of how to order their Pokémon to react, p T unleashed an impossibly huge and wide beam of energy, blowing back all three trainers and their Pokémon. With the trio taken care of for the time being, Terrence and p T continued onward through the freaked out crowd.

“C’mon,” said Red as he started to run after p T again. Violet nodded and prepared to follow. Orange, on the other hand, merely hung his head.

“What’s the point?” he asked in a defeated tone. “p T’s been one-hit KOing everything we’ve thrown at it, I doubt anything we’ve done has so much as made a scratch on it.

“Orange, what are you saying?!” exclaimed Red. “We gotta try!”

“But p T’s a legendary Pokémon,” Orange sighed. “We can’t even begin to come close to that kind of power. No matter what we do, we’re dead.”

Red and Violet were silent for a moment. Then, Violet strode over to Orange, yanked him to his feet, and grabbed his shoulders. “Now you listen to me, Orange McPixel, and listen good,” she hissed. “Even if we can’t win, the only way there’s any sort of possibility of winning is if we try. We don’t try, then we’re guaranteed to die. And if we die, then that means no more this,” she added just as she pulled Orange close to her and kissed him passionately, for a full minute. Once they broke apart, Orange’s defeated expression was gone, replaced with one of resolve.

“What are we waiting for?” Orange asked, sounding much more like his old self again. “Let’s go take out the legendary p T and save the world!”

“There’s the Orange I know!” Red grinned as he and Violet hastened to follow Orange, for he was already running after p T once more.

By now, p T was firing off Hyper Beams at random into the crowd, causing widespread panic. Grunts were fleeing in every direction. Terrence stood beside p T, laughing maniacally, just as the Normal/Ground-type was struck with three Water Gun attacks simultaneously. Both Terrence and p T wheeled around- Violet was standing next to Migraine, Q was floating beside Orange, and Red was riding atop Missingno.

“You three again!” exclaimed Terrence. “What does it take for the soon to be ruler of the world to lose you guys, huh?”

“What are you doing, Terrence?” demanded Red. “Why are you having p T attack these guys when they’re not even fighting back?”

“Oh, please,” scoffed Terrence. “How else will my subjects be kept in line if they don’t know what the consequences for insubordination are? My father taught me all I know about world domination, see. Teams Error and Debug are threatening to ruin the region, but I, I will rise above them, I will conquer, I will unite all of Tanko under my unquestioned leadership! And soon thereafter, the world!”

“You’re a lunatic, Terrence!” spat Red. “You’re the one who formed Teams Error and Debug in the first place! You took advantage of dozens of people, maybe even hundreds, all for your own, low-down, self-centered personal gain!”

“All right, so I may have the wheels in motion,” scoffed Terrence. “Doesn’t change the outcome. I still win! You lose! You, and every single one of these insufferable morons who were dimwitted enough to buy into that crap about certain Pokémon being better than others, you all lose! You get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir! I mean, come on- oh, Modern Pokémon are better than Old Pokémon- no, no, Natural Pokémon are the real Pokémon and Glitch Pokémon are the abominations- get real! A Pokémon is a Pokémon, and anyone stupid enough to not grasp that basic fact deserves what they got! I- why are you all smiling?”

“Because of the so-called dimwitted insufferable morons,” smirked Orange- indeed, he, Violet, and Red were all smirking now. “The ones right behind you. Who heard absolutely everything.”

Now looking decidedly less smug, Terrence slowly turned around. Sure enough, almost every Team Error and Team Debug grunt was standing behind him, the entire crowd glaring at their boss. But Terrence did not look deterred. “So what!” he exclaimed. “So what if they know! p T, blast them with Psychic!”

p T roared loudly as a pulsing blast of psychic energy emanated from its formidable and tremendous body, bowling over the grunts before it. Then, four people came up beside Red, Violet, and Orange- they were Will, Lou, Jeff, and Larry, the pairs of Error and Debug grunts who had so frequently given the trio grief. Only now, their glares were also aimed at the one who they had called their boss.

“Fellas,” Jeff addressed Red, Orange, and Violet, “I’m thinking that under the circumstances, we all owe you a huge apology.”

“I thought I was fighting to make the world right!” snarled Lou. “I did the dirty work and endured the pitiful salary because I was led to believe that certain kinds of Pokémon were unnatural! He tricked me!”

“He tricked all of us,” stated Will.

“He used us, is what he did!” Larry piped up. “C’mon, fellas, I know we had our differences in the past, but now that we know that we were fighting for a sham of a cause, I say we team up with y’all and take this son of a ***** down!”

“Give it everything you got, then,” grinned Orange, who seemed satisfied by the grunts’ change in side.

“Tangela! Poliwrath!” bellowed Will as he threw two Poké Balls.

“Primeape! Ninetales!” called Lou as he did the same.

“pPkMnp! ‘M!” exclaimed Jeff.

“7g! Z4” added Larry.

All eight Poké Balls burst open, and the Pokémon materialized. They all started to turn on each other, but the hurried reassurances of their trainers stopped this. At that moment, Terrence and p T turned around once more.

“You just never quit, do you?” sneered Terrence. “So what if you got a little backup now? Unless one of you happens to have another super-ancient, super powerful legendary Pokémon, I’m afraid p T here trumps everything.

The group stood strong, though some of their Pokémon weren’t looking all that courageous. Migraine couldn’t help but whimper a bit, and Missingno. was shaking. Red patted Missingno. consolingly. “It’ll be fine, Missingno.,” Red reassured the Data Pokémon. “We can do this.”

“Like hell you can!” laughed Terrence. “p T! Destroy them now! Hyper Beam!”

As one, all seven of p T’s opponents opened their mouths to issue orders, but stopped as they realized that p T was doing nothing. After a moment, this realization came to Terrence as well. “p T?” he asked. “Didn’t you hear me? I said, use Hyper Beam.”

“I heard you,” came a reply, to general astonishment. The voice seemed to come from every direction at once, and yet, Red somehow instinctively knew… this was p T talking. “I’m disinclined to acquiesce to your request.”

“WHAT?!” Terrence exclaimed.

“Means ‘no’,” replied p T.

“I know what it means! I- why won’t you attack them?!” demanded Terrence.

“My duty is done,” p T explained. “I awoke to quell the fighting which threatened to leave Tanko in ruin, and now the warring parties have teamed up against you. But that is not why I will not attack.”

“Then why?” Terrence asked, his anger barely being held back.

“Because it has happened,” came p T’s response. “The very thing which I dreamed of seeing for millions of years. The Kanto-native human with his Tanko-native Pokémon. Red and Missingno.

“Me? Us?” Red asked in mild surprise.

“Missing? No.?” added Missingno.

“Yes,” p T said. “The bond between you two, though relatively recently formed, is a very close one. I have long dreamed of the day where someone native to Kanto could come to accept the Pokémon of Tanko. There were times when I believed it to be impossible, and so I severed all links between Tanko and Kanto… except one. A tiny part of me still believed, and so I left the two fields untouched, allowing for that slight chance for this to come to pass.” p T then turned to face Terrence, who recoiled in fear almost instinctively. He reached for the Master Ball on his belt, but it crumbled into dust at his touch.

“As for you,” p T said, addressing Terrence, its voice gaining an undertone of anger. “You have deceived me. You claimed to want peace and tranquility in Tanko. No. You proved that to be false when you would have me attack the one native to Kanto, and the Tankoan Pokémon he has bonded with. You are no longer my trainer. Goodbye.”

“But- but- but-“ spluttered Terrence, but to no avail; p T sank slowly into the ground, leaving no hole in its wake. Almost immediately, a pair of men in police uniforms came running over to Terrence, one of them clutching a pair of handcuffs.

“You are under arrest,” hissed the handcuff-wielding cop as he cuffed the youth. This elicited cheers from absolutely everyone present- however, when the cops turned to face the throng of grunts, they screamed and ran off in every direction.

“Ehh, we won’t bother with them right now,” sighed the cop who wasn’t currently reading Terrence his rights. However, he was approached by Will, Lou, Jeff, and Larry.

“Excuse us,” Lou said. “After what that slimeball did to us, we’d be happy to help your investigation of the matter in any way possible.”

“Yeah,” agreed Larry. “We’ll tell you all we know about Teams Error and Debug.”

“Very well,” nodded the cop. “Come with me.”

As he led the four ex-criminals away, the other cop walked back over to where Red, Violet, and Orange stood. With one hand, he kept a firm grip on Terrence’s shoulder. In the other hand, he held three brown discs and three odd brown objects which looked like flat, shiny dirt clods.

“Seeing as you three were responsible for bringing this guy down,” the cop said to them, “and given that Terrence here was technically acting in his official capacity as the Ivadirin Gym Leader, Pokémon League regulations allow for the awarding of the arrested Gym Leader’s badge and Technical Machine in this sort of situation. Here.” He tossed the six objects at the trio, and each of them caught a badge and a TM. “Official Pokémon League Soil Badges, and those TMs, if I’m not mistaken, teach Fissure.”

“Thanks!” grinned Red.

“No, son, thank you,” the cop replied. “Alright, let’s go, scumbag,” he added to Terrence as he roughly led the would-be dictator away, Terrence protesting loudly and profanely.
~~~~~~~~
It took a while for everything to settle down, but once the Pokémon Center had reopened, and once repairs were being started on Ivadirin Gym, Red, Orange, and Violet all sat down in the Pokémon Center’s cafeteria. Red and Orange were enjoying their usual plates of fried nines, and Violet was indulging in her usual even number salad.

“OK,” Red said. “So, we saved the world today,” he said casually, as though trios of young Pokémon Trainers saving the free world from certain doom was a common occurrence. “We also got Teams Error and Debug to disband, and we won our Soil Badges, meaning we’re all able to enter the Pokémon League now. I’d say this was a good day.”

“I’d have to agree with that,” grinned Orange. “So, when does the Pokémon League tournament begin, anyway?”

“Day after tomorrow,” said the nurse, who had just passed by.

“Tha- wha- but- THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW?!” exclaimed Orange. “Guys! We gotta hurry! We-“

“Orange, relax!” Violet shouted. “It should be a day’s walk from here to Ginodi Plateau, so if we leave first thing in the morning, we’ll be fine- OK, Red, what do the letters spell?” she added, noticing that Red seemed to be concentrating.

“Well, if it’s spelled ‘G-I-N-O-D-I’ like I think it is,” Red responded, “then the letters spell out ‘Indigo’. As in, Indigo Plateau. That’s where the Pokémon League tournament is held in Kanto.”

They ate their dinner in relative silence following this, for they were dead tired following the day’s considerable events. Indeed, as they went off to sleep, Red and Violet didn’t even need earplugs to drown out Orange’s intense snoring.

The next morning, they swung by the cafeteria to grab a quick bite to eat- just a few slices of whole wheat zero toast with six jelly- and started heading west from the Pokémon Center. As they approached the city limits, they were still cheered on by the townspeople, all of whom by now knew of their role in stopping Terrence’s plot.

“I still can’t believe we thwarted a plot for world domination,” Red grinned as they made their way down Route -22.

“I still can’t believe we’re about to compete in the Pokémon League,” added Violet.

“I still can’t believe it’s not butter,” joked Orange.

“Orange?”

“Yeah?”

“Shut up.”
~~~~~~~~
End of Chapter 36.​

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Yes! Just saw this chapter pop up!

You know you gotta love Orange's cool sarcasm in the face of evil, Glitch Pokèmon and Gym Leaders. Wow, he must love fried nines to make that joke :p

It was sort of obvious that the two teams would have one boss (because of the previous chapter) but I didn't expect Terrence!

Don't you feel that having the bad guy get an Ultra-Strong Pokèmon and a group of people barely beating it is an overused scheme? I do, which is why I'm glad you didn't do that!

Hey, are the gateways between Kanto and Tanko gonna open now?

Hopefully this doesn't mean that the book's nearly over! In my opinion you should have Orange and Violet come to Kanto with Red! Of course, I'm just saying that cause I love your writing...

What are you thinking of writing once you finish this FanFic?

Shymain

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
You know you gotta love Orange's cool sarcasm in the face of evil, Glitch Pokèmon and Gym Leaders. Wow, he must love fried nines to make that joke :p
Oh, he does. The real-world equivalent of fried nines would be bacon. And bacon is good.

It was sort of obvious that the two teams would have one boss (because of the previous chapter) but I didn't expect Terrence!
Glad to see it came as a surprise.

Don't you feel that having the bad guy get an Ultra-Strong Pokèmon and a group of people barely beating it is an overused scheme? I do, which is why I'm glad you didn't do that!
It kinda is, yeah.

Hey, are the gateways between Kanto and Tanko gonna open now?
Wait and see.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that the book's nearly over! In my opinion you should have Orange and Violet come to Kanto with Red! Of course, I'm just saying that cause I love your writing...
Unfortunately, 404 Error is indeed on its final chapters. A couple more chapters to go, plus possibly an epilogue.

What are you thinking of writing once you finish this FanFic?

Shymain
To be honest, I haven't decided just yet.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
It was Terrence.

What??? I didn't expect this at all. Very nice plot twist.

"No, we're just going door to door selling pre-cooked fried nines- of course we're here to stop you!" Orange exclaimed.

XD

"I doubt I'll even need that many," Red stated confidently, taking out a Poké Ball and throwing it. "Snorlax, I choose you!" he yelled as the Sleeping Pokémon materialized- only it wasn't sleeping, but wide awake, standing on its feet and facing forward.
"Snorlaaaaax," it rumbled.

"Heh," smirked Terrence as he held up a Poké Ball. "Prepare to lose, Red! Sandslash, destroy!" he shouted as he heaved the sphere forward. The ball split open, unleashing the spike-coated form of Sandslash onto the battlefield.

Missing a paragraph space there. Also, Snorlax not sleeping??? A Law of the Universe is broken!

"Mew damn it," grumbled Terrence as he withdrew Sandslash. Then, he took out another Poké Ball and threw it. “Golem! Destroy!” he shouted as the Megaton Pokémon materialized.

I noticed both times he told his Pokemon to destroy. How violent.

“WHAT?!” Terrence exclaimed.

“Means ‘no’,” replied p T.

Lol XD

“Because it has happened,” came p T’s response. “The very thing which I dreamed of seeing for millions of years. The Kanto-native human with his Tanko-native Pokémon. Red and Missingno.

Ending quotation mark isn't there.

It took a while for everything to settle down, but once the Pokémon Center had reopened, and once repairs were being started on Ivadirin Gym, Red, Orange, and Violet all sat down in the Pokémon Center’s cafeteria.

The comma after Orange isn't needed, but it is still correct.

They ate their dinner in relative silence following this, for they were dead tired following the day’s considerable events. Indeed, as they went off to sleep, Red and Violet didn’t even need earplugs to drown out Orange’s intense snoring.

What??? Two laws of the Universe are broken in one chapter? OMG.

“I still can’t believe it’s not butter,” joked Orange.

LOL.

“Orange?”

“Yeah?”

“Shut up.”

Oh, no she didn't !

Overal, this was a very good chapter, one of the best, if not the best. Missingno. Master, you are a genius. You have a gift for writing.

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
Hey Missingno. Master. I've notice something.

Red doesn't have a Pikachu.

MM! How could you not give Red a Pikachu!! Everyone knows that Red MUST Have a Pikachu!

Meh, oh well too late.

I almost called it! I had a feeling its Terrence! p T is an awesome legendary By the way.

Yay! The two Jessie and James wannebes Team up! Man they both have so much in common.

Missigno. Master. You are the Master of Plot Twists and Cliffhangers. :)

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
The one part of this chapter that put me in shock was that Orange's snoring did not keep the others awake.
Just voted in the Fanfic awards... Voted for you every time I could.
I'm flattered, I really am. :) Thanks.

What??? I didn't expect this at all. Very nice plot twist.
That's the kind of reaction I was hoping for.

Missing a paragraph space there. Also, Snorlax not sleeping??? A Law of the Universe is broken!
I'll have to fix that.

I noticed both times he told his Pokemon to destroy. How violent.
If you think that's violent, you should read The Adventure of Adventureness.

Ending quotation mark isn't there.
Gotcha, I'll fix that.

What??? Two laws of the Universe are broken in one chapter? OMG.
I know, right?

Oh, no she didn't !
Oh, yes she did!

Overal, this was a very good chapter, one of the best, if not the best. Missingno. Master, you are a genius. You have a gift for writing.
Heh, thanks.

Hey Missingno. Master. I've notice something.

Red doesn't have a Pikachu.

MM! How could you not give Red a Pikachu!! Everyone knows that Red MUST Have a Pikachu!

Meh, oh well too late.

I almost called it! I had a feeling its Terrence! p T is an awesome legendary By the way.

Yay! The two Jessie and James wannebes Team up! Man they both have so much in common.

Missigno. Master. You are the Master of Plot Twists and Cliffhangers. :)
Eh, everyone gives Red a Pikachu. I felt like doing things differently.

Next chapter's coming along nicely. Very nicely. Very, very nicely.

(start spamming the Refresh button now, is what I'm getting at)

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 37: Red Vs. Orange
~~~~~~~~​
The blocky, misshapen sun moved slowly across the sky as the hours passed. Beneath that sun, Red, Orange, and Violet were making their way along Route -22, traversing the road made of rocks, bricks, pine cones, and twos. They scarcely spoke, all of them too excited for what lay ahead. Around noon, however, Orange’s stomach started growling. This prompted Orange to start complaining.

“C’mon, guys, I’m hungry,” whined Orange.

“Sorry, Orange,” replied Violet. “We didn’t pack anything from the Pokémon Center, and if we turn back now, we won’t make it to Ginodi Plateau in time.”

“RRRRRGH!” groaned Orange, frustrated in the extreme.

“I know,” sighed Red. “But think about it, Orange- won’t it feel much worse if we miss out on our chance to compete in the Pokémon League?”

“Right… you’re right,” Orange nodded. “We gotta keep moving.”

They continued on, and soon enough, they came to a large building made out of tree bark, threes, sevens, and chunks of rock. This, they very quickly learned, was the entrance to Route -23, a winding, twisting path. Stationed at various points along the rocky, grassy, moist, numerical road were eight guards, none of whom would allow the trio to pass until they showed that they had earned a certain badge.

“Geez,” Orange grumbled as they walked away from a guard who had demanded to see their Mental Badges. “Wouldn’t it be easier to just have one guard to check all eight badges?”

“For once, you make a lot of sense,” nodded Violet.

“You’re damn right I do- wait a minute, what do you mean, ‘for once’?!” demanded Orange.

“Orange?”

“Yeah?”

“Shut up.”

Finally, after showing their Soil Badges to the eighth and final guard, they came to a large, imposing mountain… with a huge crevice going right through it. Something had carved a straight path through the mountain.

“This must be Victory Pass,” Violet observed. “Red, what would the Kanto equivalent of this be?”

“Victory Road,” Red answered. “From what I’ve heard, it’s a twisting, winding, maze-like cave teeming with strong trainers to test those on their way to the Pokémon League.”

“I guess that makes sense,” Orange remarked, “seeing as Victory Pass is a straightforward path cutting right through a large mountain with no trainers whatsoever.”

“Seems a bit easy,” said Red. “Then again, it’s not exactly easy getting to this point in the first place, so I guess I shouldn’t be complaining.”

“That’s more like it,” grinned Orange. “Don’t complain about the good things in life, Red, enjoy them!” With that, he broke into a run. Red and Violet hastened to try and keep up with him. It had been a while since Red had ran after Orange, trying to keep up with the energetic trainer. It reminded him of when Orange had first caught Spearow, and he, Red, and Violet had chased after him while Orange went around trying to use the disobedient bird in battles.

Lost in this memory, Red didn’t immediately notice that they had reached the end of the canyon, and were now looking up at an enormous stadium on higher ground (that ground consisting primarily of odd numbers and roofing tiles, with the odd rock thrown in here and there). The stadium itself looked to be made of gigantic ones, threes, and eights.

Through the double doors the trio burst, entering the lobby of Ginodi Stadium. The receptionist was very patient with them- as it happened, they were just in time.

“Thank Mew for that,” Violet sighed in relief as she, Red, and Orange handed their Pokédexes to the receptionist. Once she had confirmed their information, she handed them back to them.

“All done,” she smiled. “And with only two minutes to spare, too. Looks like you three are the last to register. Why don’t you all go and get something to eat? There’s a Pokémon Center, complete with cafeteria, just down that hall,” she said, pointing off to the trio’s right. “Come back in an hour where we’ll announce tomorrow’s preliminary round matchups.”

They did just that. After a hearty meal of seven burgers and fried nines (an extra-large even number salad in Violet’s case), the trio returned to the lobby, where they learned of their first opponents. Orange was to battle a Fisherman, Violet was up against a Cooltrainer, and Red was set to battle a Bird Keeper. The receptionist then went on to explain that in the preliminary round, each battle was to be conducted with one Pokémon on each side.

As the crowd started to disperse, Red suddenly found himself being hugged from behind. Though this made him jump, he immediately relaxed and smiled as he heard someone say “Hey there, Red. Did you miss me?” Red wheeled around, and sure enough, there was Maggie McPixel, Orange’s cousin and the Bincanar Island Gym Leader, smiling at him.

“Hey, Maggie,” smiled Red. “Yeah, I did.”

“You know, what you three did in Ivadirin City is all over the news,” Maggie stated. “I’m glad you’re all OK. Did you really go up against the legendary p T?”

“Heh, well, it was nothing,” Red said, blushing somewhat.

Maggie giggled. “So modest,” she said. “Well, good luck tomorrow, Red, I’ll be watching,” she added as she walked off.

“Hey!” Orange called after her. “How about wishing your own cousin good luck, huh?”

“Orange?” murmured Red.

“Yeah?”

“Shut up.”
~~~~~~~~
The next day, the seats in Bincanar Stadium were packed. Violet, Red, and Maggie managed to get seats in the front row. Maggie had insisted on sitting next to Red, who raised no objections to this whatsoever.

On the grassy battlefield, Orange stood proudly at one end, facing the man at the other end, who was dressed as though ready for fishing. A referee stood on the side of the battlefield, a red flag in one hand, a green flag in the other.

“Hello, everyone, and welcome to the first preliminary round battle of this year’s Pokémon League Ginodi Conference!” came a booming, echoing voice from multiple speakers situated around the stadium as the announcer started speaking. “Our first match is Fisherman from Ruceelna City against Orange McPixel from Talpel Town!”

At this, the referee raised both of his flags. “Begin the match now!” he declared.

“Beat this, kid!” sneered the Fisherman as he threw a Poké Ball. “Gyarados! Go!” he shouted as the large sea serpent materialized on the battlefield. Positioning itself not unlike a large snake, it towered over Orange, who didn’t look scared in the slightest.

“Wonder what Orange is gonna use,” Red wondered out loud. “Nidoking’s at a disadvantage… then again, Orange did teach it Thunderbolt using that TM from Electra…”

“Heh,” Orange smirked as he took a Poké Ball off his belt and enlarged it. “Time to call on the help of an old friend for this one!” he said as he threw the ball, unleashing from within a Pokémon which caused Red and Violet to exchange highly surprised glances.

“Pika pika!” exclaimed the Pokémon Orange had sent out.

“Fisherman has sent out his Gyarados, while Orange is going with his Pikachu!” the announcer stated. “Orange is obviously at an advantage here, but will Gyarados’s size even the odds a bit?”

“Pikachu?” Red said incredulously. “Since when- oh, wait, wait, Violet, didn’t you say that Orange had a pet Pikachu back home?”

“Yeah,” nodded Violet. “That’s Shockey, all right. Orange hates it when anyone calls it that, though- he stopped using that nickname for Pikachu before he even moved to Talpel Town. Well, this certainly explains that phone call he made last night.”

“Is he allowed to use a family pet Pokémon in an official competition, though?” asked Red.

“I believe it’s allowed, yeah,” Violet replied.

“Yep, it’s definitely allowed,” confirmed Maggie. “I should know- my Ninetales used to be my mom’s pet Vulpix!”

Orange made the first move. “Pikachu! ThunderShock!” he ordered.

“Pikaaaa… CHUUUUUUU!” bellowed Shockey as the Electric-type’s cheeks crackled with electricity before unleashing a powerful blast of lightning at the Gyarados. The Atrocious Pokémon roared with agony as the attack connected, and looked rather worn as Pikachu’s attack ceased.

“Orange and Pikachu get things off to a brilliant start with a dazzling ThunderShock!” the announcer announced. “How will Gyarados come back from that?”

“I’ll tell you how- with a Hydro Pump!” shouted the Fisherman. “Gyarados! Make it so!”

“Pikachu, Quick Attack!” yelled Orange.

Gyarados unleashed from its huge mouth a high-pressure blast of water. Immediately, Shockey darted out of the way of the attack, and rammed into Gyarados. Despite the size difference, Shockey’s sheer speed caused Gyarados to sway dangerously.

“All right, Pikachu!” grinned Orange. “Follow it up with your Swift attack!”

“Chuuuu… Pika!” Shockey responded as it swung its lightning bolt-shaped tail around, sending a wave of star-shaped rays flying across the battlefield. The stars pelted Gyarados, who roared its displeasure.

“Gyarados, Body Slam now!” the Fisherman ordered.

“Pikachu! Reflect!” bellowed Orange.

“Pika!” Shockey replied as a shimmering, transparent dome formed all around it. Gyarados’s long body slammed down onto Pikachu, but as it got back off, Pikachu looked relatively unscathed.

“Let’s wrap this up!” Orange exclaimed. “Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!”

“Pikaaaaa… CHUUUUUUUUUU!” screamed Shockey as a massive bolt of lightning flew off its body and struck Gyarados, who roared with pain as the super effective Electric move coursed through its body. Once the move stopped, Gyarados, charred and smoking, collapsed to the ground.

The referee raised his green flag in Red’s direction. “Gyarados cannot continue!” he announced. “Orange and Pikachu are the winners!”

“And in the end, Orange’s type advantage wins out!” the announcer exclaimed. “Pikachu has toppled Gyarados, and Orange moves on to Round 2!”

“All right! We did it, Pikachu!” Orange cheered as the Mouse Pokémon jumped into his arms. The Fisherman sighed dejectedly as he withdrew Gyarados.

“Way to go, Orange!” cheered Violet. Red and Maggie joined her in cheering, even as the Trainers were leaving the battlefield.

The preliminary rounds continued throughout the day. For a while, the trio plus Maggie sat in the stands, watching as a Jr. Trainer’s Onix took out a Bug Catcher’s Beedrill, a Swimmer’s Clefable defeated a Super Nerd’s Muk, and another Fisherman’s 7g triumphed over a Lass’s Dugtrio. Finally, it came time for Red’s preliminary round battle, and it quickly got intense.

“Fight back, Missingno.! Water Gun now!” Red was yelling.

“Farfetch’d, use Slash once more!” the Bird Keeper shouted.

“MissingNOOOOOOO.!” screeched Missingno. as it fired a stream of water from its mouth, striking the oncoming Farfetch’d, preventing the Wild Duck Pokémon from flying any closer.

“Missingno.! Finish it with your Sky Attack!” commanded Red.

“Farfetch’d, Double-Edge!” called the Bird Keeper.

“Far! Fetch’d!” shouted Farfetch’d as it flew forward, only to be slammed right into the ground by Missingno.’s glowing form.

“Farfetch’d is unable to battle!” ruled the referee. “Red and Missingno. are the winners!”

“Way to go, Red!” exclaimed Maggie from the stands. Orange and Violet stood up at that point and cheered as Red hugged Missingno.

Next, it was Violet’s first battle, and the Cooltrainer she was facing was definitely skilled.

“Do it, Starmie!” he called out. “Psychic attack!”

“Tombstone, Night Shade now!” Violet commanded.

Starmie softly cried out as it emitted a wave of blue energy from its ruby-red core. At the same time, Violet’s h Poké unleashed a black bolt of energy from one of its corners. The two attacks collided in the center of the battlefield, creating a huge explosion which covered the entire scene in a dust cloud. Once the dust settled, both Pokémon were still up, Starmie standing on two of its points, Tombstone floating in midair.

“Tombstone, Thunderbolt attack!” shouted Violet.

“h Poké!!” bellowed Tombstone as the Spirit Pokémon unleashed another bolt of lightning, this one a dazzling yellow, right at Starmie, lighting up the Water/Psychic-type with voltage, at which point Starmie collapsed, a red light feebly blinking on and off within its core.

“Starmie is unable to battle! Violet and h Poké are the winners!” declared the announcer.

Once the preliminary matches were done, the group met up in the Pokémon Center’s cafeteria for dinner. Once Chansey had brought all their food, they began to excitedly discuss the day’s events.

“I gotta say, Orange,” Violet admitted, “I wasn’t expecting to see you use Shockey.”

“Stop calling him that, Vi!” exclaimed Orange. “I told you, that was a stupid name.”

“Yeah, it was,” grinned Violet. After a few moments of silence, they started kissing. Red watched this for a moment, then glanced over at Maggie, who blushed slightly as she noticed this.

“Hey, so, Red,” Maggie said. “Your battle earlier, that was really cool.”

“Heh, thanks,” Red smiled. “I’m… I’m glad you could come to watch, Maggie,” he added, starting to blush a bit himself, which made Maggie giggle a bit.

“Yeah, me too,” she added.

The silence was deafening as the two looked at each other. Almost without conscious thought, Red leaned forward, as did Maggie…

“Whoo!” Orange exclaimed suddenly as he and Violet broke apart. The moment ruined, Red and Maggie reluctantly stopped leaning towards each other. Orange noticed this, and immediately looked sheepish. “Aw, crap, I just ruined a moment here, didn’t I?” he asked nervously.
~~~~~~~~
The next day, Round 2 got underway. These were also one-on-one matches, and once again, Red, Orange, and Violet all got through. Red’s Raticate managed to fry the opposing Jr. Trainer’s Pidgeot with a sizzling Thunderbolt attack; Orange’s A was able to take out the Swimmer’s Kingler it had Transformed itself into; and Violet conquered the .4 of a Youngster with a little help from Skulls. Other than the battles, the day passed with little event, and the semifinal round was getting underway. The two battles were to take place simultaneously in order to allow for the final round to take place that afternoon. Each battle was to be held in a separate arena- behind Ginodi Stadium, there were two smaller arenas for this purpose. As Violet was set to face off against a Super Nerd, the other two trainers prepared to face off in the other arena- Red and Orange. Maggie sat by herself in the stands. Though it was clear she wanted to cheer Red on, she was starting to feel a tad guilty by not cheering for her cousin. She therefore settled for shouting, “Good luck, the both of you!”

“This will be a three-on-three battle between Orange McPixel of Talpel Town, and Red Vershunn of Pallet Town, Kanto!” the referee stated, which caused a lot of murmuring in the crowd. Red raised no objection to this- after the incident in Ivadirin City made the news, it became somewhat common knowledge that Red was from Kanto. “Begin!” the referee shouted.

“Good luck, Red!” Orange grinned as he threw a Poké Ball. “Let’s go, .4!” he exclaimed. In a flash of light, Orange’s .4 materialized, gibbering excitedly.

“Yeah, you too, Orange,” replied Red as he threw a Poké Ball of his own, which unleashed his Snorlax.

“Orange is using his .4, while Red is starting with Snorlax!” exclaimed the announcer.

“.4, use your TM28 attack!” Orange commanded.

“Snorlax, blast it with Psychic!” Red ordered.

“Laaaaaax!” bellowed Snorlax as a pulsing wave of pale blue psychic energy emanated from it, causing the oncoming .4 to squeak and gibber in discomfort. This, however, did not stop the Caffeine Pokémon from blowing up in Snorlax’s face, sending it tumbling back.

“Way to go, .4!” cheered Orange. “Now give it a Psywave!”

“Snorlax, Headbutt it!” ordered Red.

“Eeee hee hee hee!” laughed .4 as it unleashed a barrage of glowing blue rings. Snorlax grunted as it took the attack, but stomped forward all the same, its head lowered, and slammed it into .4, sending the Pokémaniac-type reeling.

“Snorlax, hit it with Body Slam!” Red commanded.

“.4, if you’re going down, take Snorlax down with you!” Orange ordered. “TM09!”

As Snorlax started to fall over forward, .4’s body caught fire. The second Snorlax’s body made contact, there was a huge, fiery explosion. Red had to brace himself to keep from being blown back. The dust finally cleared, revealing both .4 and Snorlax to be laying on the ground, unmoving.

“.4 and Snorlax are both unable to battle!” declared the referee, holding up both flags.

“You were great, Snorlax,” sighed Red as he and Orange withdrew their Pokémon. “But now, let’s see you get through this!” he added, throwing another Poké Ball, unleashing Parasect into the fray.

“Challenge accepted,” grinned Orange as he threw his own Poké Ball. “Go! Fearow!”

In a flash of light, Orange’s Fearow materialized. “Feeeeeaaaaroooowwww!” it cawed as it rose into the air, barely flapping its wings.

“Oh, boy,” Red muttered. “Should’ve thought that one through… No matter, we can do this!” he exclaimed. “Parasect, go! Stun Spore!”

“Fearow, Razor Wind attack!” Orange commanded.

As Parasect unleashed a cloud of golden dust from beneath its large mushroom, Fearow flapped its wings forcefully, sending a gale-force wind blowing in Parasect’s face- and blowing the Stun Spore into Parasect’s face.

“Look at that!” the announcer exclaimed. “Fearow’s Razor Wind has turned Stun Spore right back onto Parasect!”

“Come on, Parasect!” Red called. “Use Slash!”

“Sect… Para…” groaned Parasect.

“Fearow, Take Down now!” Orange ordered.

Fearow dove down at Parasect, when the Bug/Grass-type managed to muster enough strength to lunge at the Beak Pokémon, right claw glowing brightly, and take a ferocious swipe right as its avian adversary made contact. The Slash seemed to affect Fearow greatly as it collapsed to the ground. Parasect, meanwhile, was still standing.

“Wrap this up! Mega Drain now!” Red ordered.

Parasect’s blank eyes glowed green, and a pair of matching green beams launched from the eyes. As they struck Fearow, small yellow beads of energy started traveling up the beams from Fearow, and were absorbed into Parasect’s body. As the beams vanished, Fearow made no effort to get back into the air.

“Fearow is unable to battle!” the referee ruled. “Parasect wins!”

“What an upset!” the announcer gasped as Orange returned the Normal/Flying-type to its Poké Ball. “I don’t think any of us were expecting that!”

“All right! Way to go, Red! Two down, one to go!” cheered Maggie from the stands, which resulted in Red blushing and smiling slightly.

Orange scowled. “I didn’t see that coming,” he admitted as he produced a third Poké Ball. “But now let’s see Parasect tangle with Pika power!” he yelled, throwing the ball. “Pikachu! Go get it!” he shouted as the yellow mouse materialized.

“Pika pika!” Shockey exclaimed as it faced Parasect confidently, red cheeks crackling with sparks.

“Orange’s third and final Pokémon is Pikachu!” the announcer stated.

“Ha!” Red grinned. “Electric moves won’t do that much to a Grass-type like Parasect! Use your Slash attack!” he ordered.

“Pikachu, Quick Attack!” ordered Orange.

The still-paralyzed Parasect shakily raised its right claw, but Shockey speedily slammed into its side, sending the Mushroom Pokémon tumbling to the ground.

“Follow it up with Slam!” Orange commanded.

“Chuuuuu… Pika!” Shockey shouted as it ran over to Parasect and slapped at the Bug/Grass-type with its tail. This was the final straw as Parasect collapsed to the ground and moved no more.

“Parasect is unable to battle!” ruled the referee. “Pikachu is the winner!”

“Don’t sweat it, Parasect,” sighed Red as he withdrew aforementioned Mushroom Pokémon. “You did a great job.” Red sighed again, trying to think what to send out… Shockey’s speed would likely get the better of Missingno.’s lacking defenses… Dodrio and Charizard were obviously out, given their rather obvious type disadvantages… which left only-

“Raticate!” Red shouted, sending out the first Pokémon he ever caught in the Tanko region.

“And now the rat-and-mouse games will commence, for Red’s final Pokémon is a Raticate!” the announcer stated.

“Pikachu, Quick Attack!” Orange bellowed.

“Raticate, Quick Attack!” called Red.

The two rodents charged simultaneously, colliding in the center of the battlefield with great force, bouncing off of each other.

“Now, Raticate!” Red yelled. “BubbleBeam!”

“Ratatatatatatatatat!” shouted Raticate as it rapidly fired off a barrage of bubbles from its mouth. The Pikachu tried to fend off the aquatic onslaught, but it could do nothing against the attack.

“Come on, Pikachu!” Orange encouraged the Electric-type.

“Raticate, Hyper Fang attack!” Red ordered.

“Pikachu, Thunderbolt!” shouted Orange.

“Pikaaaaa… CHUUUUUUUU!” screamed Shockey as its sparking cheeks suddenly discharged electricity in great quantities, a sizzling bolt of lightning striking Raticate, forcing it to stop in its tracks. Once the move ceased, Raticate weakly struggled to stay on its feet.

“Oh, come on, Raticate,” Red murmured. “You can do this, I know you can!”

“Let’s finish it, Pikachu!” Orange grinned. “Use Swift!”

“Chuuuuu… Pika!” replied Shockey as it spun around once, swinging its tail, unleashing a barrage of stars from the lightning-shaped appendage. Raticate, in spite of Red’s frantic orders, could do nothing against the move, except collapse to the ground once it had finished.

“Raticate is unable to battle!” the referee stated. “The match goes to Orange McPixel of Talpel Town!”

“And Orange wins it!” the announcer exclaimed. “What’s more, I am now receiving word from Stadium B that the other semifinal match has concluded. It appears as though Orange McPixel will be facing off against Violet Scramble in the finals!

“Whoa,” Orange murmured at this revelation. “Me against Vi...”

Red, though decidedly dejected, still managed to walk over to Orange and manage a smile. “Hey, man… congratulations,” Red said, offering his hand. Orange smiled and shook Red’s hand.

“Cheer up, Red,” Orange said. “You did great. But Pikachu’s been in the family for years, I’ve been training with him before I actually became a trainer, so don’t be too hard on yourself.”

“Thanks,” sighed Red. Just then, Maggie came running up to Red “Oh, hey, Maggie,” smiled Red.

“Hey, you were great just now,” Maggie smiled back.

“Yeah… I lost, though, Red sighed, his head drooping somewhat. In response to this, Maggie moved in closer to Red. With her right hand, she gently moved his chin up so he was looking at her. Once eye contact was made, she gently pulled Red in, and they kissed at last. Orange watched this with an air of mild amusement, and after about half a minute, they broke apart. “Then again,” Red stated, already sounding as though he was in better spirits, “if this is what losing is like, I guess winning isn’t everything.”
~~~~~~~~
End of Chapter 37.​

Volcer

Shur'tugal
First review! Yes!

Chapter 37: Red Vs. Orange

This is gonna be good.

Stationed at various points along the rocky, grassy, moist, numerical road were eight guards,

You used a lot of adjectives in that sentence. Maybe cut out some of them to read better?

“Orange?”

“Yeah?”

“Shut up.”

Again???

Finally, after showing their Soil Badges to the eighth and final guard, they came to a large, imposing mountain… with a huge crevice going right through it. Something had carved a straight path through the mountain.

Well that was anticlimactic.

“That’s more like it,” grinned Orange. “Don’t complain about the good things in life, Red, enjoy them!” With that, he broke into a run. Red and Violet hastened to try and keep up with him. It had been a while since Red had ran after Orange, trying to keep up with the energetic trainer. It reminded him of when Orange had first caught Spearow, and he, Red, and Violet had chased after him while Orange went around trying to use the disobedient bird in battles.

Didn't they chase after him in the last chapter, after Violet kissed him

They did just that. After a hearty meal of seven burgers and fried nines (an extra-large even number salad in Violet’s case), the trio returned to the lobby, where they learned of their first opponents.

Fatties. Except for Red. Red is awesome.

“Orange?” murmured Red.

“Yeah?”

“Shut up.”

...Red=EPIC

“Hello, everyone, and welcome to the first preliminary round battle of this year’s Pokémon League Ginodi Conference!” came a booming, echoing voice from multiple speakers situated around the stadium as the announcer started speaking. “Our first match is Fisherman from Ruceelna City against Orange McPixel from Talpel Town!”

This sounds weird, since they're telling us Orange's name but not the Fisherman's?

“This will be a three-on-three battle between Orange McPixel of Talpel Town, and Red Vershunn of Pallet Town, Kanto!” the referee stated, which caused a lot of murmuring in the crowd. Red raised no objection to this- after the incident in Ivadirin City made the news, it became somewhat common knowledge that Red was from Kanto. “Begin!” the referee shouted.

I thought you would give us awesome music for this.

“Snorlax, blast it with Psychic!” Red ordered.

Isn't that what Terrence told p T to do? Seems his attitude is rubbing off on Red.

“Raticate is unable to battle!” the referee stated. “The match goes to Orange McPixel of Talpel Town!”

NO! I wanted Red to win...

“And Orange wins it!” the announcer exclaimed. “What’s more, I am now receiving word from Stadium B that the other semifinal match has concluded. It appears as though Orange McPixel will be facing off against Violet Scramble in the finals!

This will be entertaining...

“Yeah… I lost, though, Red sighed, his head drooping somewhat. In response to this, Maggie moved in closer to Red. With her right hand, she gently moved his chin up so he was looking at her. Once eye contact was made, she gently pulled Red in, and they kissed at last. Orange watched this with an air of mild amusement, and after about half a minute, they broke apart. “Then again,” Red stated, already sounding as though he was in better spirits, “if this is what losing is like, I guess winning isn’t everything.”

Aside from this being a very touching, well-done scene, you're missing the ending quotation mark in the first sentence.

Is the League gonna be like the animé or like the game or a mix? Does the winner of the Championships get to battle the Elite Four?

Oh and by the way, I have read AoA. The whole thing. And it's awesome.

Overall, spectacular chapter, as always.

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Yes! New chapter!

Didn't expect Red to win, because in my knowledge, he almost always loses in the anime (Ash). Just wish he had, for a change...

Well, this chapter seemed very sentimental, and I can't wait for the Finals! Of course, this always has to happen. Friend vs. Friend... Or in this case Lover vs. Lover!

My one complaint is that these battles seemed slightly rushed, as if you had a word limit and were trying to cram it all into one chapter.

Still Loving This Series!

Noooooo! I was trying to get the first review :( Oh well... :)

@TheDarkKnightFalls: the reason that the fisherman is not given is because the trainers' names weren't revealed in the First Gen games! At least, I think that's what it is..

Shymain

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
You used a lot of adjectives in that sentence. Maybe cut out some of them to read better?
It was intended to try and convey the chaotic, random appearance of your average Glitch City scenery.

Well, yeah. Haven't you noticed it's been kind of a running gag throughout the series?

Well that was anticlimactic.
Exactly the opposite of Victory Road, as was my intent. Wow, I seem to have a strange aversion to writing scenes taking place in Victory Road, don't I? Look back at the Adventure of Adventureness- Jack uses a catapult to launch himself over Kanto's Victory Road, and Scolipede's Rock Climb to bypass Unova's.

Didn't they chase after him in the last chapter, after Violet kissed him
...Oh, yeah, they did, didn't they?

Fatties. Except for Red. Red is awesome.
In their defense, they had just spent the entire day walking.

...Red=EPIC
I know, right?

I thought you would give us awesome music for this.
That was more the Adventure of Adventureness's style. I personally pictured the R/B/Y Gym Leader battle music playing during this.

NO! I wanted Red to win...
*shrug* Sorry. I decided long ago that it would be Orange vs. Violet in the finals.

This will be entertaining...
Oh, yes, it will be.

Aside from this being a very touching, well-done scene, you're missing the ending quotation mark in the first sentence.
Got it, will fix... I still gotta fix the typos in the previous chapter, too. I should get on that...

Is the League gonna be like the animé or like the game or a mix? Does the winner of the Championships get to battle the Elite Four?
Pretty much like the anime. I tend to write with a mixture of game and anime logic, but this will be pretty much like the anime. No Elite 4.

Oh and by the way, I have read AoA. The whole thing. And it's awesome.
Thanks! :)

Overall, spectacular chapter, as always.
Thanks!

Yes! New chapter!

Didn't expect Red to win, because in my knowledge, he almost always loses in the anime (Ash). Just wish he had, for a change...
Sorry, but as I said, I intended for Violet and Orange to face off in the finals, which meant Red had to lose.

Well, this chapter seemed very sentimental, and I can't wait for the Finals! Of course, this always has to happen. Friend vs. Friend... Or in this case Lover vs. Lover!
Yep. And the next chapter is also the final one, so you can bet I'll be making it a good one.

My one complaint is that these battles seemed slightly rushed, as if you had a word limit and were trying to cram it all into one chapter.
I guess you might have a point...

This sounds weird, since they're telling us Orange's name but not the Fisherman's?
@TheDarkKnightFalls: the reason that the fisherman is not given is because the trainers' names weren't revealed in the First Gen games! At least, I think that's what it is..
That's exactly right.

The next and final chapter is in progress right now, but I'm really taking my time with this one. No telling when it'll be ready.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Well, yeah. Haven't you noticed it's been kind of a running gag throughout the series?

I thought it had stopped...

In their defense, they had just spent the entire day walking.

I'll have to agree with that logic. I don't eat much, except for junk food, so... Yeah.

That's exactly right.

I haven't played the First Gen Games, so I guess it is correct. Though that's kinda weird...

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I thought it had stopped...
Nope. Might've slowed down a little when Orange and Violet started going out, but it never really stopped.

I haven't played the First Gen Games, so I guess it is correct. Though that's kinda weird...
All sorts of aspects of the Generation I games were weird. Makes them that much more fun to play. I still play them myself, in fact.

The final chapter is coming along very nicely, by the way. It may very well be up by the end of the day, in fact.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Yessss! Can't wait for the final chapter... But I can't believe it's going to finally be over... *sniffles*

What are you going to do after this fic? And don't tell me you don't know. You better get working on something else for us RIGHT NOW!

Shymain
I've been giving vague consideration to the possibility of a sequel, taking place in a glitched Johto. However, I have more or less no idea what it would entail beyond that. If I go through with it (and right now, that's a pretty damn big "if), it likely won't be for a while.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Ladies, gentlemen, and anything in between, it gives me great pleasure to be able to present to you, the absolute final chapter of 404 Error!

Chapter 38: We Are The Champions
~~~~~~~~​
This was it. The atmosphere in Ginodi Stadium was intense as Orange and Violet stood across from each other on opposite sides of the battlefield. In the stands sat Red and Maggie, eagerly awaiting the action to start. The final match, as they had all learned, was to be a full battle- six-on-six. Orange had also sent Shockey back to his house in Talpel Town, as he wanted to use nothing but the Pokémon he had traveled with for this battle. The crowd’s cheering and roaring was deafening, and only the sound of the announcer could drown them out.

“Ladies and gentlemen, here we are- the final round!” the announcer exclaimed. “Competing for the title of Pokémon League Champion here and now are Orange McPixel and Violet Scramble, both from the town of Talpel. And I’m sure you don’t want to suffer through another second of my pointless chattering, so let’s let this match get underway!”

“This will be a full six-on-six battle between Violet Scramble of Talpel Town, and Orange McPixel, also of Talpel Town,” the referee stated. “The winner of this match will be named the Tanko region’s Pokémon League champion. And begin!”

As he said this, Orange and Violet simultaneously prepared Poké Balls. After staring each other down for a few seconds, they threw the balls.

“Flutters!” called Violet.

“A!” yelled Orange.

Simultaneously, the Poké Balls burst open. Violet’s ball unleashed her Butterfree, while Orange’s Normal/Normal-type was sent out on the opposite end of the field.

“Violet will be starting with her Butterfree,” the announcer reported, “while Orange is commencing with A. An interesting choice for Mr. McPixel, for sure- A’s got a lot of speed going for it, but not much else.”

“Flutters, go!” Violet shouted. “Tackle attack!”

“Freeeh!” replied Flutters as it took off, zooming across the field towards A.

“A, go for the Hydro Pump!” ordered Orange.

A squealed loudly as a high-pressure torrent of water was expelled from the front of its body with great force. Though Flutters struggled valiantly against the aquatic onslaught, it was knocked out of the air in the end. Though it hit the ground hard, it rose back into the air with relative ease.

“A’s Hydro Pump stops Butterfree’s Tackle from ever happening!” the announcer exclaimed. “Orange must have trained this A well if any of its attacks are actually fending off an oncoming enemy.”

“Let’s make it double trouble for her, A!” grinned Orange. “Transform!”

A replied by squealing loud and long as its body glowed, promptly making the transformation. When the glow faded, there were now two Butterfree facing each other.

“The original is always the best!” Violet stated. “Flutters, Psybeam!”

“We’ll use Psybeam, too!” Orange called.

“Freeeeeeh!” exclaimed Flutters as it and A unleashed identical beams of rainbow energy from their eyes. The attacks met in the center of the battlefield, where they cancelled each other out.

“Butterfree and A each try a Psybeam, but after Transform, it looks as though they’re evenly matched,” reported the announcer.

“Nice try, Orange,” smirked Violet. “But A still can’t overpower Flutters, they’re evenly matched.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure,” Orange shot back. “A! Stun Spore!”

Even in its Butterfree form, A squealed as it flapped its wings hard, unleashing a golden dust. Before Violet could open her mouth to order Flutters to use Whirlwind, the paralyzing powder settled on Flutters and took its effect. It now looked as though the real Butterfree had to make an extra effort just to stay in the air.

“A! Tackle attack!” Orange exclaimed.

“Flutters, Harden!” Violet called out desperately.

“Freeeh… Freeeh…” groaned Flutters as it tried to harden its body, but A was too quick now, and slammed the Bug/Flying-type it was posing as to the ground. Though Flutters was not knocked out, it couldn’t seem to rise much higher than five inches into the air.

“Let’s wrap this up,” smirked Orange. “Psybeam!”

“Flutters, use your Psybeam, too!” Violet shouted.

This time, however, the firing of Psybeams was not simultaneous. A’s Psybeam was launched first and flew faster than Flutters’s. Moreover, A’s Psybeam cut right through Flutters’s Psybeam as though it were extremely strange butter. Once the attack hit, Flutters gave it up and collapsed to the ground.

“Butterfree is unable to battle!” declared the referee, raising one flag in Orange’s direction. “A is the winner!”

“Orange is off to a good start,” Red remarked as Violet withdrew Flutters.

“Yeah,” nodded Maggie. “Of course, Violet would know her own Butterfree, so she very likely knows what to do to get the best of A now.”

“Ooh, yeah,” Red replied. “This should be interesting.”

“Go! Tombstone!” Violet shouted as the ball she had just thrown burst open to reveal the Spirit Pokémon.

“Violet has chosen an h Poké as her second Pokémon,” the announcer stated. “Being a Poison-type, h Poké won’t have it easy should A pull off another Psybeam, but Violet must have something in mind.”

“Indeed she does,” Violet murmured to herself, smirking. “Tombstone, HM02!”

“A, Sleep Powder now!” Orange ordered.

A flapped its wings, but its squealing was already sounding weaker, its eyes gaining a dull, listless look as Tombstone appeared to be doing absolutely nothing.

Maggie shuddered. “Ooh… HM02 is a creepy move,” she murmured. “You could never see it coming, and h Poké can be very quiet…” At this, Red put his arm around Maggie, and that alone seemed to calm her down somewhat.

“Come on, A!” Orange called encouragingly. “Give it a Psybeam!”

“Tombstone, Thunderbolt!” Violet commanded.

“Po-ké!” bellowed Tombstone as the h Poké unleashed a dazzling bolt of lightning from its body, lighting up the false Butterfree. As the attack ceased, A glowed as it resumed its normal form and collapsed to the ground.

“A cannot continue!” ruled the referee, raising the green flag in Violet’s direction. “h Poké wins it!”

“And Violet pulls off a victory against A with an eerily powerful HM02 attack, washed down with a piping hot Thunderbolt!” the announcer declared. “Now Orange and Violet are each down by one Pokémon.”

“OK, Nidoking!” Orange shouted, another Poké Ball already flying out of his hand. “Let’s go!”

In a flash of light, the spiky purple form of Orange’s Nidoking materialized. The Drill Pokémon roared loudly, and stomped the ground at the sight of its fellow Poison-type.

“Nidoking?” Red said, sounding highly surprised. “But Violet taught Tombstone Psychic! This isn’t a good matchup for Nidoking at all.”

“Tombstone, Psychic attack!” commanded Violet.

“Nidoking, Aurora Beam!” Orange yelled.

As Tombstone let off a pulsing wave of pale blue light, Nidoking roared, a rainbow-colored ray of light bursting forth from its horn. The two different lights met in the center of the battlefield, each attack cancelling the other out.

”Now use your Thunderbolt attack, Nidoking!” Orange shouted.

“Tombstone, Night Shade!” Violet ordered.

Nidoking roared loudly as it unleashed a powerful blast of electricity from its body. Tombstone, meanwhile, let fly a similar energy bolt, though this one was black in color. The two attacks connected at the center of the battlefield, though unlike Psychic and Aurora Beam, this resulted in a large explosion. Both trainers, plus the crowd, watched anxiously as the dust settled…

The referee held up both flags. “Nidoking and h Poké are both unable to battle!” he declared.

“A draw!” the announcer exclaimed, sounding quite surprised. “That explosion took them both out, and in one hit each, too! My Mew, those attacks had to have been powerful in order to create that kind of explosion!”

“Don’t worry, Tombstone,” Violet said quietly to the Poké Ball into which she had just withdrawn her Ghost/Poison-type. “You did great.”

“I’m proud of you, Nidoking,” Orange said to Nidoking’s Poké Ball once he had withdrawn the Poison/Ground-type.

“This battle’s getting intense,” smiled Maggie. “I’m pretty excited.”

“Same here,” nodded Red. “I wonder what they’ll use next.”

Red did not have to wonder for much longer, for at that moment, Violet and Orange each threw a new Poké Ball, Orange’s unleashing his .4, while Violet’s ball sent forth her Weezing.

“And now we have .4 vs. Weezing,” the announcer reported. “If their teammates thus far are any indication, this is sure to be an intense match!”

“.4! Dragon Rage now!” Orange ordered.

“Skulls, Mimic it!” Violet commanded.

“Weezing weez,” groaned Skulls as the skull-and-crossbones on the larger head flashed with a bright light briefly. As .4 fired off a brilliant blast of blue flame, the Weezing fired off an identical blast from the mouth of its larger head. The Dragon-type moves collided in the center of the battlefield, causing a minor explosion.

“Now, Skulls! Use Sludge!” Violet shouted.

“.4, TM05!” Orange called.

Gibbering excitedly, .4 zipped forward, pulling up just as Skulls’s Sludge attack soared beneath it. At that same moment, the Pokémaniac-type turned invisible.

“Skulls, Dragon Rage!” Violet said. “You’re bound to hit it eventually!”

“Don’t count on it, Vi!” grinned Orange. “TM28!”

“EEEEEEEEEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!” .4 giggled shrilly as an explosion from right behind Skulls sent the Weezing flying. .4 rematerialized at that point, and it was doing loop-de-loops in its excitement.

“OK, .4!” Orange exclaimed. “Hyper Beam!”

“Skulls, SmokeScreen!” commanded Violet.

.4 unleashed an intense beam of pure destructive force from its entire body, the bright yellow beam cutting right through the thick, black clouds of smoke Violet’s Weezing was emitting. “Weeeez!” came a sudden exclamation from within the smoke, eliciting a collective gasp from the crowd. The smoke cleared out around then, revealing that while the Hyper Beam had hit Skulls dead-on, the move wasn’t nearly enough to topple the Poison-type.

“Hah!” cackled Violet. “That’s the defense of a Weezing for you! Let’s do this, Skulls! Thunderbolt now!”

“Weezing WEEEEEZ!” bellowed Skulls as its entire body crackled with electricity, then fired off a single devastating lightning bolt. As .4 was struck, the Caffeine Pokémon loudly gibbered its displeasure before the gibbering gave way to groaning. .4 fell to the ground at that point, and made no effort to move further.

“.4 is unable to battle!” the referee declared. “Weezing wins!”

“After surviving an intense Hyper Beam, Weezing makes a brilliant comeback in the form of Thunderbolt, and takes out Orange’s .4!” the announcer said as Orange called .4 back to its ball. “It managed to take that Hyper Beam like a champ, but Weezing’s starting to look worn down,” he added. He was right- while Skulls had survived the Hyper Beam, it was by no means unscathed.

“Alright, let’s go, Flareon!” Orange exclaimed as he threw another Poké Ball.

“Ooh, a Flareon?” grinned Maggie. “I approve.”

“I figured you would,” smiled Red. “Still,” he added, starting to look a little worried, “I’m not sure that was the wisest idea…”

“Flamethrower!” Orange ordered.

“Skulls, Smog attack!” Violet yelled.

“Weezing,” groaned Skulls as thick clouds of dark, poisonous gas sprayed forth from its pores. The oncoming Flamethrower reacted with this gas, causing the air to explode back at Flareon.

“Yep,” Red nodded. “Had a feeling.”

“OK, Skulls, use your Dragon Rage!” Violet commanded.

“Flareon, Quick Attack now!” ordered Orange.

“Flaaaare!” shouted Flareon as it took off running, gaining speed with every second. It was able to dash out of the Dragon Rage’s path with ease before it jumped up and slammed into Skulls, sending the Weezing crashing to the ground. Flareon was now standing atop the Weezing, hindering its efforts to get back into the air.

“Now use your Flamethrower attack!” Orange ordered.

“Flaaaaare!” Flareon yelled again as it unleashed another stream of flames from its mouth. This time, Skulls had no time to prepare any smog as a countermeasure, nor did Violet have the time to command it to do so. Instead, the Weezing took the Fire move heads-on, and when it concluded, Flareon got off of Skulls… but Skulls still didn’t move.

“Weezing is unable to battle!” the referee announced. “Flareon wins!

“Weezing had a clever little way of dealing with Fire moves,” the announcer remarked, “but in the end, Flareon found a way around it. And now, it seems that both Orange and Violet are down by half their teams. What Pokémon will Violet choose now?”

“I choose Migraine!” Violet yelled as a Poké Ball was flung from her hand. In a flash of light, her Golduck materialized, looking ready for action.

“Type advantage isn’t everything, Flareon!” Orange exclaimed with confidence. “Swift attack!”

“Migraine, Submission!” ordered Violet.

Migraine took a running start, and then lunged. It took the star-shaped rays Flareon was launching in the face; undeterred, the Golduck proceeded to wrestle Flareon to the ground.

“I would not wanna be that Flareon right now!” the announcer stated. “It looks like Golduck’s gaining the upper hand, and we haven’t even seen any Water moves out of it yet!”

“Then let’s give them a Water move,” grinned Violet. “Hydro Pump attack!”

“GolDUUUUUUUUCK!” bellowed Migraine as it opened its beak wide, and unleashed a high-pressure stream of water from within. Orange could only watch in horror as his Flareon was subjected to the powerful move. Once it was over, the referee’s ruling came as no surprise to anyone.

“Flareon is unable to battle!” he announced. “Golduck is victorious!”

“Flareon, return,” sighed Orange, holding out the Poké Ball which was currently sucking the Fire-type inside. “You were great,” he whispered as he reattached the ball to his belt. Then, he selected another Poké Ball and tossed it. “Fearow! Let’s go!” he exclaimed.

In a flash of light, Orange’s Fearow appeared, flying high and screeching loudly as it looked down at Golduck.

“Migraine, shoot it down with your Hydro Pump!” ordered Violet.

“Fearow, Agility!” Orange commanded.

“Fea! Row! Fea! Row!” Fearow cawed as it swooped, dove, and swerved in midair, evading every single blast of water that came its way, gaining speed the whole time.

“Now, Fearow, Take Down attack!” yelled Orange.

“Feeeeearooooow!” screeched Fearow as it dove down, ramming Migraine at high speeds before either Golduck or Trainer had a chance to react. Migraine fell to the ground, but got up almost immediately.

“Migraine, use your Confusion attack!” ordered Violet.

“Razor Wind!” Orange bellowed.

The large brown bird flapped its impressive wings, sending a gust of vicious, cutting wind flying at Migraine. The Golduck, however, held its ground as it launched a beam of blue light from the ruby in its forehead. Fearow screeched as the Psychic-type move struck one of its wings, but it did not fall out of the air.

“Finish it! Fly attack now!” Orange called out.

“Rooooooooooooooooooowww!” Fearow cawed loudly as it rose high into the air, only to descend even faster, crashing into Migraine with incredible speed.

“Migraine!” Violet called as her Golduck fell to the ground again. This time, however, the Water-type stayed down.

“Golduck is incapable of battling further,” the referee reported. “Fearow is the winner!”

“They’re down to what, two Pokémon each now?” Maggie asked Red, though her eyes were glued to the action. Red couldn’t say he blamed her.

“Sounds about right,” Red replied as Violet withdrew her Golduck.

“Awesome job, Fearow!” Orange grinned, congratulating the Normal/Flying-type.

“It ain’t over until it’s over, Orange,” smirked Violet as she threw another Poké Ball. “Go! Skelefly!”

In a flash of light, the screeching, cawing skeletal beast that was Violet’s Aerodactyl Skeleton Missingno. materialized.

“Violet’s fifth Pokémon is a Missingno.!” the announcer declared. “In Aerodactyl Skeleton Form, Missingno. is completely unpredictable. There’s no telling what moves it’ll use! In fact, I couldn’t even tell you what type it is right now! Could be Rock and Ground, could be Poison, could be Normal and Flying, could be anything!”

“Fearow, Take Down now!” ordered Orange.

“Skelefly, Defense Curl!” commanded Violet.

The Missingno. immediately pulled its bony body into a very loose approximation of a sphere, but it was sufficient to make the oncoming Fearow bounce off with seemingly no ill effects.

“Now use your Flamethrower attack!” yelled Violet.

“Dodge it and use Peck!” commanded Orange.

Skelefly opened its mouth and let fly a searing stream of fire, which Fearow swiftly rose above before diving down at the Missingno., striking it with its long, cruelly pointed beak. This caused Skelefly to fall several feet, but it was flapping its wings once more within seconds, not nearly ready to go down just yet.

“Skelefly, use Double-Edge!” Violet ordered.

“Fearow, use your Take Down!” commanded Orange.

The avian adversaries were off, each one streaking towards the other. As they collided in midair, they started to fall as a result of the impact. As they hit the ground, they shakily rose back into the air, though not quite as high as before.

“Fearow and Missingno. are looking tuckered out,” observed the announcer. “I’m not sure how much longer either one of them is gonna hold on!”

“Finish it!” Violet yelled. “Flamethrower!”

“Mirror Move!” Orange commanded.

“Mirror Move?” repeated Red, sounding fairly surprised. “OK, I knew .4 learned Hyper Beam, I knew Migraine learned Hydro Pump, I knew Fearow learned Agility, and I knew Skelefly learned Double-Edge… but since when does Orange’s Fearow know Mirror Move?”

As Skelefly unleashed a powerful stream of fire from its mouth, a small, mirror-like portal opened up in front of Fearow, and an identical stream of fire erupted from it. As the two Fire moves connected, there was yet another explosion, and this time, both combatants could be seen getting thrown back, falling to the ground, and not even bothering to get back up.

“Neither Missingno. nor Fearow can continue!” the referee stated, holding up both flags at once.

The crowd started murmuring amongst themselves as both Pokémon were withdrawn- those that were keeping count now knew that both Orange and Violet were down to their very last Pokémon.

“Now this is getting even more exciting!” squealed Maggie, as both she and Red looked on.

“I’ll say,” Red agreed. “Especially as I think I know just which two Pokémon are the ones that are gonna be facing off against each other.”

“This is it, Vi,” grinned Orange, a Poké Ball already in his hand, enlarged and ready to be thrown. “The last round. I should’ve known it would come to this.”

“Yeah, same here,” nodded Violet, as she too had a Poké Ball at the ready. “Well, good luck, Orange. If you hold back even a little bit, I won’t forgive you.”

“The same goes for you,” replied Orange. “Let’s both give this all we got.”

“GO!” they shouted simultaneously as they threw their Poké Balls. From Violet’s ball emerged Chompy, and Orange’s ball produced his Q. It reminded the two of them of when they had first got Bellsprout and 44Hy from Professor Redwood, how they had had a brief battle in his laboratory before being somewhat distracted by Red’s sudden appearance outside.

“Violet’s last Pokémon is Victreebel, and Orange’s sixth Pokémon is a Q!” the announcer reported. “Type advantages can go either way with these two, so this is sure to be an exciting and unpredictable battle!”

"Let's go, Q! Headbutt attack now!" ordered Orange.

"Kyuuuuuu,” sang Q as it zoomed forward.

"Chompy, dodge it and use Vine Whip!" commanded Violet.

Chompy screeched loudly as it leapt into the air, evading the Headbutt completely. Then, it slammed Q with its long, brown vine, sending it crashing to the ground.

"Q, now try your Disable attack!" Orange called as the Deep Sea Pokémon unsteadily rose back into the air. Almost immediately, a pink glow came over Q's cube-shaped body, and a similar glow formed in the Victreebel’s eyes.

“Very nice, Orange,” smirked Violet. “But you seem to be forgetting one crucial detail- Vine Whip isn’t Chompy’s only move anymore! Chompy, Razor Leaf!”

“Confusion!” cackled Orange.

“Kyuuuuu,” sang Q as it fired off a ray of blue energy at the same time the Victreebel started swinging its leaves around, launching numerous razor-sharp leaves at the Water/Psychic-type. The Confusion easily overpowered the Razor Leaf, and struck Chompy, eliciting pained screeching from the Victreebel.

“Chompy! Acid attack!” Violet ordered.

“Q, go for Ice Beam!” yelled Orange.

The attacks went flying simultaneously- Chompy’s Acid and Q’s Ice Beam held each other at bay, before the combatants ceased their attacks.

“Chompy, try your Stun Spore!” called Violet.

“Q! Water Gun!” Orange shouted.

Chompy lifted its largest leaf off its mouth, and sprayed a golden dust in Q’s direction. Q, however, forced the spores to stop by spraying them with a stream of water.

“Chompy, use Wrap!” commanded Violet.

“Fight back with Double Kick!” Orange bellowed.

The Victreebel hopped forward as Q floated right at it. A pair of feet had emerged from Q’s body, and it was spinning around, ready to strike the Flycatcher Pokémon. Instead, Chompy merely allowed the end of its vine to get caught on one of Q’s feet, and the Deep Sea Pokémon wound up wrapping itself up in Chompy’s vine.

“No! Q! Get out of there!” Orange exclaimed.

“No use!” cackled Violet. “Wrap it harder, Chompy!”

“Victreebel is attacking relentlessly, and Q can’t move!” the announcer stated. “This match is truly getting intense!”

“Now, Chompy, Slam attack!” Violet ordered.

“Q, Headbutt it!” Orange yelled.

Chompy swiftly unfurled its vine, slamming Q to the ground hard. The Deep Sea Pokémon, however, not to be deterred, rose back up and charged, hitting the Victreebel head-on.

“Let’s finish this!” Orange exclaimed. “Confusion!”

“Chompy, let’s give them a SolarBeam!” Violet commanded.

Slowly, light began to gather on the Victreebel’s largest leaf as Q unleashed a blast of pale blue energy. Though Chompy reeled from the attack, it maintained its focus, and once the light coming off its leaf was so dazzling that nobody could look directly at it, Chompy lifted the leaf so it faced straight up, and a beam of concentrated solar energy was launched, just as Q unleashed another Confusion attack. The two attacks collided in midair, and the two Pokémon were clearly straining to make their attack overpower the other one.

“Come on, Chompy!” pleaded Violet. “Turn up the juice!”

“Maximum power, Q!” commanded Orange.

The two combatants strained to power up their attacks, and as the tension mounted, there came a sudden explosion from the center of the battlefield- the largest one yet. A huge cloud of dust blasted in all directions, forcing everyone in the stands to cover their faces. Red and Maggie did this too, though still each removed a hand from their face so they could hold hands as they tried to see what was happening- the air was still thick with dust. For a few moments the dust started to settle at an agonizingly slow pace. Then, as Red could start to make out vague outlines, the referee spoke up loud and clear.

“Victreebel and Q are both unable to battle!” he announced as the crowd could start to see this for themselves; there lay Chompy and Q, both of them charred and smoking from the intense explosion, neither of them moving. “I declare this match to be a draw!”

“Oh my Mew, it’s a draw!!” the announcer exclaimed as the crowd erupted with cheers and screams. “This has happened only once before in the entire history of Ginodi Plateau, and it means that both Violet Scramble and Orange McPixel are now Pokémon League Champions!!”

“All right!” Red cheered as he and Maggie stood up. The dust had finally settled, and a Pokémon League official was walking onto the battlefield. Orange and Violet both walked towards him as he produced a large, gold trophy which had the appearance of a Poké Ball on a pedestal.

“Orange McPixel and Violet Scramble, it gives me great pleasure to officially declare you both to be Pokémon League champions,” he stated as he handed the trophy to them. Violet and Orange each grasped a handle as they grinned at each other. At this, Red and Maggie turned to grin at each other. They embraced, and then their lips met.

“You know, Vi,” smiled Orange as the crowd cheered for the both of them. “When I pictured becoming League Champion, I always pictured the scene with just me becoming Champion.”

“Orange-“ began Violet.

“Oh, believe me…” Orange interrupted as he moved in and started to kiss Violet, who reciprocated this kiss enthusiastically. As they broke apart, Orange finished, with a grin on his face; “Shutting up.”
~~~~~~~~
THE END

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
And last but not least, the epilogue. Nobody got PMs alerting them to this one.

Epilogue: One Month Later
~~~~~~~~​
It was a quiet day in Ivadirin City. The Gym had been patched up nicely, it looked as good as new. Well, relatively speaking, anyway.

Behind the gym, the air situated beneath a large stone archway started to shimmer. And then, seemingly from nowhere, there came four people- Red, Orange, Violet, and Maggie- walking out of the arch as though they had merely walked underneath it.

“Oh my Mew, it actually worked,” grinned Orange as he looked back at the arch. “I’m guessing p T reopened all the portals between Kanto and Tanko after what happened last month.”

“Looks that way,” nodded Violet.

“Personally, I’m glad it works,” Red added. “I love it here, but it was great to return home, even if only for a visit.”

“I get the feeling your mom liked me, Red,” smiled Maggie.

“Well, of course she did,” Red smiled back. “Why shouldn’t she? For that matter, who wouldn’t? But yeah, I’m glad she approves of us.

“But man, is Kanto a strange place or what?!” exclaimed Orange. “No numbers anywhere, and your sun is perfectly spherical! My mind was blown, Red, I’m telling you.”

“Well, it’s what I was used to my whole life,” said Red. “Now you know why I was so weirded out when we first exited Professor Redwood’s lab?”

“Uh, yeah!” Orange exclaimed.

“I thought Professor Oak was nice,” Violet remarked. “It seemed like he had really been learning about Tanko ever since that day on Bincanar Island.”

“Yeah,” nodded Red. “It’s just too bad he couldn’t tell us much about this, either,” he added as he dug into his backpack and carefully extracted a large, round object from within- an egg. It was white all over, marked with a number of red and blue triangles of varying size. “I mean, pretty much all he knew was that this is the egg of some kind of Pokémon, and we already knew that from Professor Redwood. All they could tell us to do is to keep it with us and see what hatches.”

After a few moments of idly walking around the city, Red spoke up again. “So, what are you guys gonna do now?” he asked.

“Well, obviously, I’ll be heading back to Bincanar Gym,” replied Maggie. “A Gym Leader can’t keep the Gym closed for too long, after all.”

“Yeah, speaking of which, I better get back myself,” Red stated, looking off in the direction of the Ivadirin Gym. “Orange, Vi, what about you two?”

“Well, we’re headed up to Ruceelna next,” answered Violet. “You guys do know you were invited to dinner up there too, right?”

“Oh yeah,” grinned Red. “I almost forgot. Sounds like things are really getting serious between Jimmy and Meg, huh?”

“Heh, I almost forgot, too,” giggled Meg. “Of course I’m coming!”

Orange looked somewhat grumpy at the mention of Jimmy. “I’ll go, but he better not start sending out his Pokémon,” he grumbled, remembering (with zero fondness) his Weedle, his Venonat, and especially his Scyther.

“Venonat will be out, at the very least,” Red stated. “Remember last time we were up there, how Meg was fawning over Jimmy’s Venonat? Now that they’re going out, there’s no way he’s gonna keep Venonat in its Poké Ball.”

“Oh, Orange, would you relax?” sighed Violet, though she couldn’t help but smirk at him. “Anyway, Red, did you think up a new name for the badge?”

“Yeah, I did,” nodded Red. “From now on, those who defeat me in Ivadirin Gym are awarded… the Bland Badge!”

“Bland Badge, huh?” Orange remarked. “I guess that fits, considering the Gym now counts as a Normal-type Gym.”

“I like it,” smiled Maggie. “In fact, my only problem with the fact that the Pokémon League offered you the position of Ivadirin Gym Leader is that we don’t get to see each other as often as we want… I mean, it’s not like the Gyms can just stay closed for days and days.”

“Yeah, I know,” sighed Red. “Still, it’s great to just get to spend time with you whenever I can. Meanwhile, I can’t exactly complain about this job,” he added with a grin. “Besides which, given how much Terrence kept this Gym closed, I’m sure the trainers around here wouldn’t begrudge me the occasional day off.”

“Makes sense,” agreed Violet. “Now, are we gonna get going or what? It’s a long walk to Ruceelna City from here.”

“Who says we have to walk?” asked Red. “You got Skelefly, Orange has Fearow, I got Dodrio and Missingno. We can all be there within the hour if we use Fly.”

“I guess so,” Violet muttered.

“You’re not still iffy about flight, are you, Vi?” Orange asked. “Nothing bad’s ever happened to you when you were riding on a flying Pokémon, right?”

“Yeah, I know, I know,” nodded Violet. “You’re right, Orange, just force of habit. Yeah, we should go with Fly to get there. In fact, Red, Missingno.’s big enough to carry us all, isn’t it?”

“I’d say so, yeah,” Red agreed as he took a Poké Ball off his belt and threw it. “OK, Missingno.! Let’s get ready for Fly!” he called as the Data Pokémon appeared. Immediately, Missingno. tilted itself forward so it was facing straight down. This allowed for its four passengers to climb aboard with ease. Red and Orange held onto Missingno.’s back, while Violet held onto Orange, and Maggie held onto Red. On Red’s command, Missingno. rose into the air, and they were off. Missingno. flew off, heading northeast, in the direction of Ruceelna City.
~~~~~~~~​