• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Amourshipping General Discussion - V.2 *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So I kind of have this sort of thought in my head and I wanted to tell you guys about it. I dont know if you guys remember, but in the first episode of XY, Ash arrived in Lumiose City. Well.... here's the thing.. the kalos league is in Lumiose City and the Team Flare Arc will also happen in Lumiose City.... does this mean that after all of this, after the team flare arc, ash will leave right away?! It makes sense that way because the airport where he came to Kalos is in Lumiose City..... what i'm trying to say is that there is really not enough time because after the arc ash might have to say his goodbyes right away and not only that. Clemont and Bonnie are also from Lumiose City... they met Ash there and they will say their good byes there. This is the end folks... the xy series is coming to an end. It makes sense now... but what about Serena and amourshipping? Thats why I think, during the team flare arc or after the battle she will confess or atleast show her true feelings to Ash.... there is no more travelling after this :(

Thats just my two cents though.. please dont hate. I know my english is not the best but please just go along with it :)

P.S. The new episode is coming tonight! Can't wait! Im a 90's kid so I have been waiting 20 long years for this..... ash you have to win! Cant wait to see Serena's reaction if he does!

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
Okay. So I kind of have this sort of thought in my head and I wanted to tell you guys about it. I dont know if you guys remember, but in the first episode of XY, Ash arrived in Lumiose City. Well.... here's the thing.. the kalos league is in Lumiose City and the Team Flare Arc will also happen in Lumiose City.... does this mean that after all of this, after the team flare arc, ash will leave right away?! It makes sense that way because the airport where he came to Kalos is in Lumiose City..... what i'm trying to say is that there is really not enough time because after the arc ash might have to say his goodbyes right away and not only that. Clemont and Bonnie are also from Lumiose City... they met Ash there and they will say their good byes there. This is the end folks... the xy series is coming to an end. It makes sense now... but what about Serena and amourshipping? Thats why I think, during the team flare arc or after the battle she will confess or atleast show her true feelings to Ash.... there is no more travelling after this :(

Thats just my two cents though.. please dont hate. I know my english is not the best but please just go along with it :)

P.S. The new episode is coming tonight! Can't wait! Im a 90's kid so I have been waiting 20 long years for this..... ash you have to win! Cant wait to see Serena's reaction if he does!

Don't forget, Lumiose City is also essentially Paris. If Serena is going to confess anywhere, it makes perfect sense for it to be in the most romantic city in the world.

taeuknam

I want to point out that it's not like we didn't get development for Ash, it just the ones we got wasn't enough.

The real reason why didn't get Ash development is because they are playing tropes here. Ash is the oblivious hero(naruto,goku) and won't get significant development till much much much later. Naruto and goku both got into romance eventually. Let's hope Ash will too.

Like, end of Sun and Moon later or like post-timeskip later?

I really enjoy the moments when Serena's feelings are nearly blown (e.g. Miette teasing, Shauna whispering, #bonnieknows); those are just priceless. I wouldn't mind another series worth of hints, especially if an attempted confession might happen in the upcoming months. Heck, for all we know, Alola could really be the final season for Ash, and in the newfound tradition of not following tradition, the writers could really start developing their relationship with even more cute stuff.

Just think, if Alola is to Amour what the Orange Islands were to Poke... except make it even more blatant and it's 3 years vs 6 months, complete with a travelling companion who ships them hard and TRio teasing them, as well as jealousy on both sides. Oh, and Miette can show up like Drew did in Battle Frontier. I'm liking this idea already!

You're telling me. But part of that is simply because we had no idea we could expect that much. So many of us arrived simply because they knew each other as kids. No one would have guessed we were debating Ash winning the League. No one would have guessed we were debating Serena going to the next region. And certainly, not one single person at the formation of AmourShipping would have ever thought it would reach even anywhere close to a shred of canon.

Traditionally, each series would have a couple of so-called "PokeLove" episodes, either centering around a pairing, or around love itself. In AdvanceShipping, this was The Bicker the Better, Grass Hysteria and Date Expectations. In NegaiShipping, this was A Sandile Gusher of Change, Cottonee in Love, and The Path that Leads to Goodbye. In AmourShipping, this is every other episode.

I remember people laughing at the idea of a canon ship, sarcastically saying that Ash will get a girlfriend, right after he wins the Kalos league. If only they knew.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Just think, if Alola is to Amour what the Orange Islands were to Poke... except make it even more blatant and it's 3 years vs 6 months, complete with a travelling companion who ships them hard and TRio teasing them, as well as jealousy on both sides. Oh, and Miette can show up like Drew did in Battle Frontier. I'm liking this idea already!

I remember people laughing at the idea of a canon ship, sarcastically saying that Ash will get a girlfriend, right after he wins the Kalos league. If only they knew.

Coupled with Rocket's penchant for teasing Ash every series with a "Is she your girlfriend?!", that'd be a perfect recipe for a fun series. I'd be down for an Orange Island-esque expansion, if the expansion isn't pretty forgettable like the actual Orange Island series (go Pokeshipping hints though). Did Drew show up and mess around with May constantly during the Battle Frontier arc?

... meanwhile, we regular humans are trying to deal with dysfunctional realtionships and whatnot, while the perfect anime world has cutesy stuff happening every episode. X.X

taeuknam

Coupled with Rocket's penchant for teasing Ash every series with a "Is she your girlfriend?!", that'd be a perfect recipe for a fun series. I'd be down for an Orange Island-esque expansion, if the expansion isn't pretty forgettable like the actual Orange Island series (go Pokeshipping hints though). Did Drew show up and mess around with May constantly during the Battle Frontier arc?

... meanwhile, we regular humans are trying to deal with dysfunctional realtionships and whatnot, while the perfect anime world has cutesy stuff happening every episode. X.X

I'm pretty sure Contest became somewhat more friendly after the first Grand Festival, but he did show up regularly. The analogue of that could be Miette's threat of taking Ash becoming less and less serious. It culminates in her saying, "I guess you've finally made your move" with a wink when Amour is canonized, similar to how Drew gives May a nod of approval after she beats him.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager

Please, don't jinx it. Just give it another 6 hours or so.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica

Still the hype is real. Imma get to bed so I can get up early to watch it. Hopefully we shall get the result we want.

lane

A Giant Goldfish

Y'all think that there's gonna be mad Amour hints for the upcoming episode?

_Dog

@Beatle. Clearly we just had crossed wires. :) If Serena isn't moving on, I'd be happy with a failed confession in the sense that she at least says it but moves on. If she isn't though, I don't care for there to be one. And I'm just going off of what was said in episodes. Serena explicitly says "I only left on my journey to get away from Rhyhorn Racing". Ash was a driving force, a trigger, sure, but NOT the reason. It's like if you're stuck between two colleges, but you're leaning towards one that has everything you wanted, yet you're still unsure. Then you find out your friend will be there. It's a trigger to say yes to the school, but it's not the reason behind it. Hope that makes sense.

Fair enough. But in the end Serena no longer really hated Rhyhorn Racing and actually began to appreciate it a bit. It gave me the impression that perhaps it wasn't Rhyhorn Racing she really hated, but rather just being under a strict schedule by her mother when she's more of the type to do things in her own due time just like Ash does with his training. If her desire is there then she'll do it without needing a strict schedule. It's my hope that she doesn't go with Palermo in the end as I don't think their philosophies and styles will be in good harmony.

However, I can't really picture Serena "moving on" that easily should her confession fail. Serena isn't the type that would let go of her feelings so easily knowing the type of love she has for Ash (very sincere and genuine as opposed to a crazy obsession). If she were to suddenly drop her feelings I think it would turn her into a shallow character, and I find that bad. And any outside interruptions would, again, be a cop out if Serena gets written off.

I am anxious about tomorrow. I am so pessimistic on the matter and think Ash is going to lose that match. I have no faith in the writers whatsoever. Amourshipping is in a tight spot right now and I fear that its fate may go the way of the Beatles' song "For No One". If Amour dies, then the lyrics of the cover version describes its fate so perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMXai67rESY

The day breaks, your mind aches
You find that all his words
Of kindness linger on
When he no longer needs you

He wakes up, you make up
He takes his time
And doesn't feel he has to hurry
He no longer needs you

And in his eyes you see nothing
No sign of love behind the tears
Cried for no one
A love that should have lasted years

You want him, you need him
And yet you don't believe him
When he says his love is dead
You think he needs you

Cried for no one

You stay home, he goes out
He says that long ago
He knew someone but now she's gone
He doesn't need her

The day breaks, your mind aches
There will be times
When all the things he said will fill your head
You won't forget him

Cried for no one

A love that should've lasted years! That's what Amour could've been. It could've been something really special but the writers do not seem to have handled The sixth paragraph is especially suitable as it would fit an status quo-inflicted Ash in Alola; Serena stays home, Ash goes out to Alola, and he knew someone (Serena), but now she's gone and a dense Ash in an endless adventure doesn't need her. Amour, like the fate of so many of Ash's companions and Pokémon, would receive a bad ending: unfulfilled dreams and promises, and eventually forgotten.

I honestly hope I'm wrong. Maybe I'm taking the show a little too seriously. I somewhat cannot blame myself; the show (and Pokémon in general) truly defined my childhood, and the unfulfillment of Ash's dreams is what has always bothered me. Whenever Pokémon is part of a discussion, I tell people who haven't watched the show in years that Ash has never won a league, and the reaction's never been positive. I hope it can change. I'll be willing to forgive all the mistakes the show has made if Ash wins the league and/or Amour gets canonized (whether in Alola or otherwise). My childhood show can finally be fulfilled this way.

Finally, the Fennekin costume star is a Class F hint (i.e., not a hint at all). If you're gonna show signs of Ash having some kind of feeling for Serena (romantic or otherwise), please don't use that.

Meowth Rocket

The only things I can think of would be Serena crying tears of joy if/when Ash wins or she yells at him "Don't give up until the very end" to motivate him.

lane

A Giant Goldfish
Finally, the Fennekin costume star is a Class F hint (i.e., not a hint at all). If you're gonna show signs of Ash having some kind of feeling for Serena (romantic or otherwise), please don't use that.

It was probably used in a joking manner, no sweat about that. Remember, "high hopes, low expectations" should be the mantra of this thread, because there is absolutely no way for us to know what the hell is gonna go on in about 4 hours. The writers have broken so many conventions that it may (or may not) happen. Ash might win, Ash might lose. Amour gets a good ending, Amour gets a crap ending.

You're right about her not likely to just "move on", because her love towards Ash is such an integral part of her shown character that it'd be insane (and terribad writing) for her to just drop the act. I believe that her secondary goal for the entire series as of now is to make Amour real, and as we know, Ash and friends (mostly Ash) have helped her build her self-confidence and tenaciousness, so it'd be against multiple aspects of her.

Her character is just so well developed, and relatable to all of us. No one here wanted to be a master Water Pokemon trainer, or a Master Coordinator (what are thoooooooseeeee), or a Dragon Lady. Heck, I might even dare to say that not all of us here have clear, set dreams insofar our lives. It'd be a stupid move of the writers to ax her, because she's just such a good character.

Remember, high hopes, low expectations. We all want Ash to win a league, and we all want Amour to be canonised. It'll happen in some form or way, because the show's progressed so far already!

Red Pheonix

I'm having the same feelings when the underdog team goes to the finals. It's a whirlpool of "They will win, right?" and "What if they lose?" and I can't escape from it.

Anyway, I'll cut out and come here again in about 8 hours.

lane

A Giant Goldfish

chicorita3

It's airing at 6:55PM/18:55 Tokyo time, so for me, it's friggin' 3 in the morning at the West Coast.

it airs at 6am here in the east coast, ugh I have been awake for almost a whole day but I can't afford to sleep I have been waiting almost 20years for this moment I can last an hour more.

also hoping for a great amour moment, I really need a congratulatory hug or somethin, but I can't expect too much right now.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
it airs at 6am here in the east coast, ugh I have been awake for almost a whole day but I can't afford to sleep I have been waiting almost 20years for this moment I can last an hour more.

also hoping for a great amour moment, I really need a congratulatory hug or somethin, but I can't expect too much right now.

tell me about it. Living in Boston so I'm running on no sleep at all. Have been up since 7am yesterday...

Anyway, hoping for something, but nothing big until after Ash wins...

cf16polo

im really angry he didnt win, such a dissapointing episode im gonna cry no way, this ended like this if amour doesnot become canon am gonna stop watching the anime for good

Status
Not open for further replies.