• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals or objects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfire98989

Am I even still here
I find it rather difficult to choose, because the term "pokemon based on animals" is rather wide, if you look closely most pokemon bear some relation to an animal. I personally prefer pokemon with slight or no reference as these are more different and interestin, although some animal based ones are simply epic(GROUDON)

*IZ*

With objects theyll be more creative like rotom. With animals itll be, well just look at examples, magikarp, seel, ducklet, etc

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Pyrax- What is the Nazca Line?

Animals I prefer really. And I can see Rotom because aleast it possess the items (Note in many shows ghosts are able to control electronic devices among other things). Chandelure sure I can see that (And although one day I want to see a Fireball Pokemon, possible ghost/fire itself).

Although the garbage Pokemon? Hm I am not sure, however isn't Grimer/Muk based on sludge? I don't know which one is worse really (And I don't mind Muk). And the ice cream Pokemon, I am gonna have to agree it's weird. One thing to be an object, but a food item seriously? Maybe he will take some time for me to get used to him though.

12morcego12

Wel I like them more when based on animals. but they have gone a little to far: pidove is just a drawn pigeon with pokemon moves. and the lilipup line are just different forms of a yorkshire terriër. I have troubles with calling them pokemon. If they can't come up with anything better, then they better have to stop...

Kangaskan is based on a kangaroo...

Last edited:

Axel

Orange Champion
I'm an animal lover, so I love Pokemon based off of animals.

For example, I'm a huge cat lover in real life. I always loved the feline Pokemon in the games.

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
Animal based. and maybe some object based if they are well made.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
I like both but I mainly like the animal ones because you just want to keep them in real life as pets. And if pokemon were real, I would never be able to own a Vanillite. I would eat it. :p But I like both types. Just as long as they don't start making chair pokemon or a bottle pokemon or something that is completely off the wall, I'm ok with objects.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The animals, I seem to like catching ones like Zorua and Riolu

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
I like the animal based ones more than the object based ones. However, I do like SOME object based ones, such as the litwick chain.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
I prefer the animal based Pokémon! There could also be food based Pokémon, such as Celebi the onion head and Breloom the mushroom!

And Vanillite. ;) Just saying.

Darkoon

Haxorus FTW!
I'd prefer the animal based one, because I love animals and it's more realistic... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.