• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bye Bye, Butterfree (021)

Oathkeeper

Pursuer of the Past
This episode makes me cry every time I see it. It never fails.
Butterfree was my favorite pokemon of Ashes and watching it fly off into the sunset just hits that soft spot inside me every time.

V

vulpix

i was about to cry in thi episode when Ash releases Butterfree.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Dark Goddess
Yamato-san said:
OK, a lot of people are saying Butterfree's dead, but I don't think it's an absolute fact. People say that in the Japanese version, Takeshi (Brock) says they die after mating. However, I've also heard the line said as "Mating is something Butterfree like to do before they die", which could mean that mating's simply a thing Butterfree, like nearly all animals, would like to accomplish within their lifetime (the length of which could be anyone's guess with Pokemon). So, anyone who's seen the original episode and has damn good translation skills, could you please tell me exactly, repeat, EXACTLY, how the line went?

Butterfree died?! Waahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I feel sorry for him!!! No wonder he didn't come back! I never knew about that until just now!! I've only watched the English Version. Even though I'm a girl who likes some what sad endings a Poke`mon dieing is a little to much for me. I liked the little song that played when Butterfree was leaving with his girlfriend. I play it over and over when I get the chance! Poor Butterfree..... he died........

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
No he didn't, that was a gross mistranslation. Just ask Murgatroyd - he went through the Japanese episode with a fine-toothed comb and nowhere did he find any line referring to Butterfree's death.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Dark Goddess
He didn't?! YAY!!! HAPPY DAY!!!!! BUTTERFREE IS ALIVE AND WELL!!!!!!!!!!!! *fan fare*

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
so he could still battle for ash somewhere along his journey?

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Dark Goddess
crawdauntpro said:
so he could still battle for ash somewhere along his journey?

I hope so! They just can't forget about him!

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
he might have learned new attacks like silver wind, confusion or even psybeam.

Blastoise King

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
That was not the saddest episode "Pikachu's Goodbye" was but ya the was pretty sad. I was little then and loved pokemon almost more than anything so when I saw that I almost had a mental breakdown.

M

missed squirtle

(crying) it always make me cry my favorite episode I guess you could say.

C

charazard master

bye bye butterfree was a sad ep but the saddest is was the one where pikachu left I forgot the name

K

Koffing Breeder

This was the first episode I ever saw! Its so sad, I cry whenever I see it!!! Not only funny but the bit when Ash watches Buterfree leave from off that cliff is probably one of the most dramatic parts of Season 1!!!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
The tears were really flowing when I watched the final part of the episode, with the Butterfree montage. It wasn't so much knowing that the original Japanese episode said that Butterfree died, it was because the montage to him was so sweet. I like that he got to have such a sweet farewell. :)

Also, I love the part where Brock tried to convince Butterfree to go for one girl's butterfree, and the twerp motto. Man, we're ***LONG*** overdue for another twerp motto (since season three).

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
it was such a sad episode it made me cry! anyway butterfree is alive cause at the ending song u see butterfree flying with pidgeot and herracross