• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cipher

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
In, every single tournament should be like this imo.

I agree, I like these team tourneys, I've always wanted to see the reborn of a premiere league on Serebii, the smogon one has to long a wait to start :(, also I was thinking of partnering it with some type of ground coverage such as gliscor or grenninja to ensure amphy can live long.

Welcome to cipher, we are always Seaking new members lol

McDanger

that pun hurt

while the return of the spl would be nice, we dont have good enough leaders anymore, plus we cant even keep a ps league going here

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
It's not even that we wouldn't have enough captains. To be honest, I think that's the only thing we need that we'd be able to get. The playerbase isn't big enough for a full Premiere League, and the playerbase we have, in my opinion, isn't consistent enough for a multi month, weekly league tournament. I think it'd get more activity than a league by virtue of being located in a different sub forums and having greater rewards for doing well, but I don't see it as possible at the moment. Another thing is lack of people who play other tiers. There's a good amount of them, but I don't think there's enough for now. A two month test run or something would be interesting to see how it goes, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for one to happen without drastic changes.

Also for the current suspect, is Aegislash banned on the ladder or is it legal?

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
It's not even that we wouldn't have enough captains. To be honest, I think that's the only thing we need that we'd be able to get. The playerbase isn't big enough for a full Premiere League, and the playerbase we have, in my opinion, isn't consistent enough for a multi month, weekly league tournament. I think it'd get more activity than a league by virtue of being located in a different sub forums and having greater rewards for doing well, but I don't see it as possible at the moment. Another thing is lack of people who play other tiers. There's a good amount of them, but I don't think there's enough for now. A two month test run or something would be interesting to see how it goes, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for one to happen without drastic changes.

Also for the current suspect, is Aegislash banned on the ladder or is it legal?

Well I can't Bayleaf the FB page hasn't mentioned anything about the testing yet but I'm guessing they are still on it, we might as well treat it as if it is.

Well I can't Bayleaf the FB page hasn't mentioned anything about the testing yet but I'm guessing they are still on it, we might as well treat it as if it is.

these puns aren't even making me groan, they're just disappointing

Also, on the suspect ladder, Aegis is illegal. However, on the main ladder, it can still be used tmk. The voting process starts on the 26th I believe. The suspect ladder is kind of crazy, so I stopped playing on it after like five games.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
It's allowed on PO ladder where they aren't as ban happy...just sayin.

The reason Smogon and PO are able to do things like Premier things and the world cup and things like that is because those forums cater to a more young adult audience where as Serebii caters more to kids imo. So you get more consistent and active players there.

It's allowed on PO ladder where they aren't as ban happy...just sayin.

The reason Smogon and PO are able to do things like Premier things and the world cup and things like that is because those forums cater to a more young adult audience where as Serebii caters more to kids imo. So you get more consistent and active players there.

It's moreso that Smogon is specifically for competitive players, while Serebii is more for generic Pokemon-related things. There's a very small subset of Serebii members that play competitive, while practically everybody on Smogon does. With competitive play being a focal point of Smogon's existence, it's much easier for them to host large-scale competitive tournaments. There's just not enough good players on Serebii to do something like a premier league or a WCOP effectively.

SilverNeon

Name: SilverNeon
PO/PS Name: SilverNeon
Reason For Joining: I´m a competitive battler, love a fight/battle. Want to have a reason to be active, by joining the Cipher will give me a reason. I like the idea of a bad guy team, fits me. ( & because Pokemon showdown forums dont have wars)
Referrer: My self, just won this month´s NU tournamant hosted on pokemon showdown´s WIFI room.
Video Codes:Semi-Finals: (DHWG-WWW-WWW8-GVVN) and the finals witch i was mad cuz he had DQed and played no as good: (SQUW-WWW-WWW8-HXM4)

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Ekans see clearly my puns is no funny, just figure id change up my posting, welcome new members, enjoy your time here, I believe we are still working on our fouth member for the ccat so feel free to input pokes.

Name: SilverNeon
PO/PS Name: SilverNeon
Reason For Joining: I´m a competitive battler, love a fight/battle. Want to have a reason to be active, by joining the Cipher will give me a reason. I like the idea of a bad guy team, fits me. ( & because Pokemon showdown forums dont have wars)
Referrer: My self, just won this month´s NU tournamant hosted on pokemon showdown´s WIFI room.
Video Codes:Semi-Finals: (DHWG-WWW-WWW8-GVVN) and the finals witch i was mad cuz he had DQed and played no as good: (SQUW-WWW-WWW8-HXM4)

welcome to cipher

tested spark:

CipherNaps.png

Last edited:

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Well for starters you can get a test battle done. I can do PO and Danger and EK do PS. VM and set that up. Could also contribute to current CCAT or join Tour EK posted recently.

SilverNeon

I rather get my test through Wifi, I dont really do P.S (Only if theres no other way, p.s is more for testing to me).
Can you fill me on CCAT? not familiar with it.
I´ll join the tour.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
I rather get my test through Wifi, I dont really do P.S (Only if theres no other way, p.s is more for testing to me).
Can you fill me on CCAT? not familiar with it.
I´ll join the tour.

Ps is preferred not mandatory but majority of the guilds use it for battles and what not. CCAT is z community or in this caSe a guild in which we build a pokemon team together, we submit pokemon and move sets then vote on which ones to add until we have all 6.

My confidence is all boosted :) I won me a 32 ou tour on showdown with my new team can, I get a Hoot-Hoot lol

Thank you guys, any activities that i could get involved? If not, anyone wants to battle? ;)

Currently Running:
Commuinty Create a Team Aka CCAT
War team - contact myself/ mcdanger for a war team evaluation
Battling Guildmembers

Upcoming events:
Tournaments - most likly by the end of the week
Mini Tours - will occur more frequently
Misc pokemon related events - suprises to come :)

Edit: There is no wifi testers atm so all tests must be PO or PS

McDanger

What elite said as well as the tutoring sign ups that are running now also on the first page

Guys we dont have any 4th member nominations yet, i dont want to be the first as last time my nomination got bandwagon

CipherCCAT.png

Style - Hyper Offensive

tyranitar-mega.gif

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

landorus.gif

Landorus @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
252 Sp.A / 4 Sp.D / 252 Spe
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Earth Power
-Sludge Wave

azumarill.gif

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Current Stage - 4th Partner

Nominations
Clefable - 1
Magnezone - 1

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Also idea for mini tour :) movie theme battle! I want to bring my lion king team out of retirement.

putting up for vote my all time fav and most trusted poke i have, cuz greneninja keeps getting shut down lol so time to change.

clefable.gif

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower

pretty straight forward poke who can set up and be offensive and defensive as well, only drawback would be not being able to set up, but if you avoid that and get off at least 2-4 calm minds it pretty much runs wild, calm mind boosts its spA and spD which is useful to use attacks such as STAB move moonblast at foes and as well as flamethrower to do some damage to metal/grass type. softboil is to recover and keep on fighting to the very end so i nominate this poke.

She recently one me a 32 ou showdown tour so I'm reposting this. Kakuna,rattata

Status
Not open for further replies.