• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canto

There's no specific forum or thread, at least as far as I know. I would suggest putting your code in your signature.

Why Genwunners are bad

Genwunner: I love pokeballs, Nicki Minaj, rocks with faces, radioactive poop, and magnets. Oh yeah, and I hate Lucario, Samurott, Rayquaza, Blaziken, Garchomp, Zoroark, Greninja, Aegislash, and Yveltal.

Me: Get out.

Fallenmaster

A Christmas Pokémon Traged: Please Help

Pokemon for me, is a journey that started almost 20 years ago. When i first turned on Pokemon Red Version on a classic gameboy, i knew that nothing was going to be like this. And it wasn't. Fast forward to today and now I am a 26 year old father of 2 who is still very much a part of the journey. Only now i have my 6 year old son with me. Ever since he could pick up a nintendo ds he was playing pokemon. We shared a passion for it, and bonded over it. I helped him through the hard times and difficult caves and battles, and taught him patience and stratedy. We tune into AusLove.Tv on twitch together and wonder trade fish for shiny and rare pokemon and we managed to snag quite a few together. The joy I get when I see how excited he gets, is the same joy i got when i was his age. The only difference being time spent playing obviously. To say My PC boxes were impressive would be an understatement, for the mere fact that the pokemon contained in them go back to pokemon on the GBA. Every legendary, including their shiny counter parts, a shiny surf/fly pikachu and several legitimately trained level 100 pokemon. Every event pokemon. WiFi, and in-store giveaways.It took years of grinding, and lost sleep to accumulate what i had. I was, and will continue to be a collector. Despite what happened to me, on christmas night. My family and I had gone to my wife's parents for dinner. I decided to keep my son and I occupied on the bus ride there and back we would pack our 3DS'. Dinner went well, and gifts were exchanged. My son got a sled! We say our goodbyes, I retrieve our 3DS systems, and head out. At the bus stop, we see a small hill of snow and I decide that it would be a good spot to test out the sled. So my son rides down a couple time, and then our bus comes. We get home, and I go to get our games, however, his is there, but mine is gone. I back tracked all the way back to my wife's parents house, including up and down the hill my son took his sled with no luck. The system, the case with all my games, all the DLC are completely lost. My completed pokedex is gone.

What I am asking for:

NOT MONEY! I am really not asking for money. All I am asking for is for the true trainers who have come across this and read it, to show some mercy to a fallen master. To look through your boxes and banks and find anything you could spare and maybe send a friend code my way. This whole experience almost made me give up pokemon all together, but then I realized that it wasn't just about a video game. This is something that me and my son share. And its something a lot of fathers in this day in age will share with their children. I lost everything i had dating back to when i was about 12 years old when Pokemon Emerald was released for the GBA. I played through leaf green, soul silver, platinum, black and white, X and Y Omega Ruby, and now sun and moon. All those games and data and memories just gone like that. I hope that somebody out there can please help me regain even just a little of what i lost. Anything is appreciated. Thnak you.

Gotta catch'em all

DHooley87

Printable Pokemon guide

For months I have been thinking about a physical copy of a Pokemon strategy guide. A strategy guide that I could design and print, and put in a nice binder or two. Thing is, I'm not so handy with the plethora of paint programs. Resizing images, getting text in the right spots and making it all fit on an 8x11.5 just to name a few.

The strategy guides that sell in stores are not that great for the in-depth players as we all know, and the internet is great but it can't always satisfy the way a book can. So why not share my enthusiasm? There is lots of talented people out there who could help make this happen. Print it out on a Brother with gloss pages and that cheap Brother ink..

Check out my entries guide, the stuff which I have came up with and written down so far, and add to and open source this if you're up for it.

First off I think it should encompass gen iii-present, where trading up begins. It should only contain parts we find relevant to us, the info that we go to look up, and to save on binder space and ink/paper/printer budget.
I've got 4 categories.
Pokedex-Walkthrough-Guide Pages-Route/Town Entries

And what I've found to be good to include
Pokedex-Name,%M/F,Abilities/Hidden abilities, Height/Weight, EV data, Hatch steps, Type, Evolutions, Shiny sprite, Regular sprite, Mega sprite, Alolan Sprite,Game locations, any applicable special notes, maybe the footprint too:)

Walkthrough- Basic directional, spoiler free as possible, go there, do this, talk to this npc..

Guide pages- Dongle catching, pal park, berries,egg hatching, action replay/gameshark guide (only for things like getting to those islands geniii, catching a mon you otherwise couldn't get), global trade(if that's still even one of the supported services), pokecenter locations superimposed over world maps, TM/HMs, all items and what they do, poketch apps, underground guide, contests, connectivity between generations and the systems required and also what items and pokemon can be obtained from non-core series games, places to revisit, lotteries, safari zones, obtaining the various pokedexes, mass outbreaks, ev and iv, natures, headbutting, rock smashing, secret bases, flavors, abilities, masuda method, super training, notable npc bios, pokemon amie..
A lot of guide pages, just what I have come up with. Who likes to make charts?

Route/Town entries- Items, catchable pokemon, notable buildings, notable npcs, trainers, location on a mini map, screenshots(not that great on x/y that I have checked so far, the best are unfortunately not that great. Gen iii and iv for sure have great town and route maps), pokemart items, town slogans for flavor, also think a compass would be pretty cool with routes and towns in the direction of travel.

Ya, thats it. I know this post is ridiculous, but maybe you gots inspired. Hopefully a mod too wont bury this in a hundreds page thread....

I think it would be totally awesome. Replaying a game, you got your little color tabs and flip right to the section you want to look

Perpetually Stuck in Elite Four Please HELP!!

Hey everyone! I have a very serious problem that I hope you all can help with! Basically, I beat my entire game and before I battled the Elite Four, I saved my game. I then played the elite four, beat them, then watched all the game credits and saw the final "game over screen". After this, I turned my game off and turned it back on to continue my gameplay, only to find out that I was back in front of the elite four and have to beat them all over again. This happens over and over. Every time I beat the elite four and watch the credits I start out back in front of the elite four again. This happened about a month ago so I thought something was wrong with my game copy, I returned my game and got a new pokemon moon cartridge, I also beat the entire campaign mode again but this is still happening!! please help!! What am I doing/not doing to cause this???

BCVM22

There's still a good deal of activity to be done and seen after the "game over" screen you're describing. Your game is resetting because you're shutting it off in the middle of a cutscene as you jump from one place to the other, and the game does not autosave during that cutscene. I'm not sure why someone would do that, instead of letting the game run and take you to that next point, but that's why you're having problems.

Hello and thank you for your response! Actually, I watched all of the cut scenes after I defeated the Elite Four. I watched the celebration in Iki town, I traveled with Lilly to the ruins and captured Tapu Koko, I watched Lilly depart to Kanto, I even watched all of the credits. After all of the credits roll, a final screen comes up that reads "The End" and nothing else happens. This is when I turn my game off. What am I doing wrong? This is the second copy of Pokemon Moon that has done this to me. I have played for over 20 years and never encountered such an issue.

gliscor&yanmega

Hello and thank you for your response! Actually, I watched all of the cut scenes after I defeated the Elite Four. I watched the celebration in Iki town, I traveled with Lilly to the ruins and captured Tapu Koko, I watched Lilly depart to Kanto, I even watched all of the credits. After all of the credits roll, a final screen comes up that reads "The End" and nothing else happens. This is when I turn my game off. What am I doing wrong? This is the second copy of Pokemon Moon that has done this to me. I have played for over 20 years and never encountered such an issue.

I believe it just takes a while for the "The End" to shift back to the title screen(Or you have to press A to make it load up). I know when I got it I was freaking out because it was taking a little long but it eventually went back to the title screen. The loading in the game seems to take a bit(As it takes a bit for the game to start up in the first place as well). Just be patience, give it a minute or so(Although it's likely less).

No. I have never seen any save text...I have even left this final "The End" screen up for quite sometime. In all past editions of Pokemon, the game autosaves. Is that not the case here? How long does it take for this "save text" to pop up? When is it supposed to pop up? I really appreciate your help!

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
The game doesn't autosave at any point during or after these sequences. Once you have control of your character again (after all the "The End" stuff you can hit any button to proceed), then you can carry on as normal and save the game at any point afterwards when you can.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
No. I have never seen any save text...I have even left this final "The End" screen up for quite sometime. In all past editions of Pokemon, the game autosaves. Is that not the case here? How long does it take for this "save text" to pop up? When is it supposed to pop up? I really appreciate your help!
I think you have to press the A button, but I'm not 100% sure.

The video I put in the link is time saved at the moment where that screen disappears and the game saves. Of course, you can rewind the video a tad to watch more of it.

I think you have to press the A button, but I'm not 100% sure.

The video I put in the link is time saved at the moment where that screen disappears and the game saves. Of course, you can rewind the video a tad to watch more of it.

I have never seen this screen pop up. I will defeat the Elite Four and go through the ending sequences again. If this works I will be eternally grateful for all of your help! I will also feel like the biggest NOOB alive. I will be sure to post my results and let everyone know how it goes!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
A new thread wasn't really necessary for this. If you still have any questions regarding this then please take them to the Questions Thread here.

Vini310

It's time to give up now

As many of you know, Pokémon Prism, a Pokémon ROM Hack, was recently banned by Nintendo. The official website for this game, as well as it's Facebook page, are not avaliable anymore and I think that the creator of Pokémon Prism has commited suicide. However, you know how Internet works: once it arrives on it, there will be no turning back. The Pokémon Prism FULL VERSION ROM has already leaked on the Internet, I downloaded it today and it was awesome.
BUT, I'm not here to tell you about how much I liked this fangame, I will talk about Nintendo.

This year, Nintendo has banned TWO Pokémon fangames: Pokémon Uranuim and Pokémon Prism. The rage has started, people covered themselves in hatred (just like Sasuke when Itachi killed the Uchiha clan, it's, like, the same situation here) and tired to boycott Nintendo and whatever., while other congratulaed Nintendo for banning Pokémon Uranium. Even the creators go all like "you won the battle, but not the war, believe it!".

First of all, Nintendo has the rights to do that. Yes, we all know that Fangames and Hack ROMs are non-profit and made for fans by fans (or vice versa), but many video game companies see this as a crime and that's why they ban those fan creations. Even fanfictions were target of this kind of ban at the very start of the "fanfiction boom", but then the companies fnd out that those fanfictions are NOT prejudical to their IPs.

BUT I UNDERSTAND THE FANS' SIDE: they don't want to steal Pokémon, Mario, Metroid, Zelda, or whatever, they just want to show how much they love such... product. So, I have tips about avoiding ban.
"Vini (pronounces vee-nee), I want to create a Pokémon game", DON'T DO THAT AND IF YOU DO, DON'T USE THE "POKÉMON" NAME, NOR USE THE POKÉMON CHARACTERS! WHY LEGEND MAKER IS STILL ON? BECAUSE THEY CHANGED THE F*CKING TITLE TO PUNCH NINTENDO'S LAWSUIT!
If this is not enough for you, then say to yourself: I will not give up, even if Nintendo lawsuits me, even if I get arrested, I will continue to produce this game, even if costs my life! Rules were made to be broken anyway.
But... if you is not THAT crazy or want a carbon copy of the original, then give up! Or not, because Nintendo's bans are IRRELEVANT! YOU CAN STILL PLAY POKÉMON URANIUM OR PRISM! SERIOUSLY, JUST SEARCH!

PLUS, I will send a email to Nintendo to complain about it's attitude, in a very professional way.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Riddle Me Pokemon!

A lot of forums have this, i don't know why serebii doesn't. So, let's make one!

RULES

1. Only one riddle at a time.
2. The riddle can be about a pokemon, type, move or ability.
3. When one riddle is solved, the person who solved it first will post the next riddle.

For example:
If i post the first riddle, and someone (let's say chikorita) solves it. Then, chikorita will post the next riddle, and not someone else.

Let me start..

I am clingy, born by my master.
I bring others down, with great pleasure.
I am used for this purpose,
by trainers who want disaster.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Seriously, no one?

Status
Not open for further replies.