• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flygonabsol99

No. An entire generation just wouldn't work.Maybe a few pokemon, but not all. I mean really, Try to imagine a man-made legendary(Excluding Genesect).
Joey:My DS is in the top percentage of DS's!
Sorry, but no way.

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
^^ OMG me too! I never played the old game so I am loving it!

On topic: I should finally have some time to SR for latias, ive only done a few today.
Good luck on all hunts!

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
ive decided that i will get rock climb before i keep soft resetting for latias.

Does rock climb help at all for hunting Latias? I've never gotten that far to know if helps or not...

I never thought of this until I read this thread.
Mabye a few but not a whole generation.unless...
It could be a spin-off generation that got made by some hacker.
C'mon I mean "OMG!!! Cable evolved into Plug!"

Mabye if they mixed objects with pokemon like a Turtle but it's shell is a pyramid.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
what happened to the good ol dex? such as red/blue/green/yellow and gold/silver???

Yeah, I know, because an awesome sea otter that can fight with shells and a killer crocodile that swims through the sand or a fox that has the power to create illusions are so terrible when compared to the greatness of a pile of sludge that evolves into a slightly angrier pile of sludge, or a whack a mole game that evolves into a bigger whack a mole game, or a magnet that evolves into three magnets. I like the Kanto and Johto games as much as anyone else, but my point is that people were so in love with the old games that they refuse to like anything else, no matter how good it is. I love all pokemon, and I keep an open mind.

On topic though, I doubt Gamefreak will stop making pokemon until they stop making money. I don't see that happening any time soon, and I hope for more pokemon no matter how many we have.

Flan

loves birbs.
welp

I know I haven't posted in here forever, but I have shiny news.

Today, I completed my Masuda Method hunt for the first time at approximately 800-900 eggs. I tend to drop hunts after the first 500 eggs due to lack of interest/boredom/etc but this time, I really wanted this shiny so I still went for it. It's not a lot of eggs but I would spend at least 2 hours just collecting eggs and another hour or so hatching them. It becomes incredibly tedious.

Here are a couple pictures.

http://i53.*******.com/qxq938.png

http://i55.*******.com/2rzunvb.png​

She's beautiful, Timid-natured and has decent IVs for a Masuda Method shiny (18/x/25/31/9/31). I'm really glad she got her father's perfect SpAtk and Spd IVs. I think I'll name her Mango or something similar. Also, a funny thing I noticed was that I obtained both of my recent shinies while boarding a ferry. It seems ships are my lucky charm. C:

Good luck on your hunts, guys!

EDIT: For some reason, my pics aren't showing. I'm a sad panda.

Last edited:

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Does rock climb help at all for hunting Latias? I've never gotten that far to know if helps or not...

Yes because when you are resseting there is 3 key spots that latias will never move away from if you do it right and if you have rock climb theres a 4th spot possible.

Legend_tamer93

Ancient Beast Keeper
Still no signs of the elusive shiny klink. However in going throught the PC boxes of my HG game I found one bow with A shiny Groudon in the last spot?! Don't know where it came from but I figure I must have traded over the GTS a while ago for it and just forgot it was there. (that happens alot sadly...)

Janaff

I encountered my first Shiny in Pokemon Black a while ago. It was a shiny Swadloon. I thought for sure that I would end up killing it as the only Pokemon that I had with me was my starter, who was at a really high level for that point in the game. Though, I had a net ball and I manged to catch her in that. She is the first Shiny that I have ever randomly ran into.

I am trying to SR, but it takes so much patience that I just do not have. Seriously, the people who have the patience to SR are amazing.

adam1990

Well, the main problem I see with this is that there would be too many Steel and Electric types... there would also be a few other types holding a majority, but Steel and Electric would be the biggest majority byfar.

Which is why you eliminate the steel type in this sense since any item pokemon could be steel, so why have it? One less type for one game wouldn't kill the series.

And the generation was simply an idea. Spin-off is a better term.

Last edited:

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
it would make this whole generation very odd I can tell you that.
somehow I don't think its going to happen since pokemon are mostly based off from animals.

Maybe if Pokemon was off into the next century and animal have died off then maybe appliances will be the next trend.

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
I encountered my first Shiny in Pokemon Black a while ago. It was a shiny Swadloon. I thought for sure that I would end up killing it as the only Pokemon that I had with me was my starter, who was at a really high level for that point in the game. Though, I had a net ball and I manged to catch her in that. She is the first Shiny that I have ever randomly ran into.

I am trying to SR, but it takes so much patience that I just do not have. Seriously, the people who have the patience to SR are amazing.

Yeah I toohave epic respect for people who SR for tens of thousands of times. When I hit 1,000 for Sudowoodo I was almost ready to rip my hair out... Btw what are you trying to SR?

On topic, I have not done anymore SRs today. Too much Zelda... oh well. I'll try and put the effort to SR at least 10 before I go to bed... but on the bright side, I came up some names for Entei and Suicune. Goron and Zora! I know I'm stealing them from Zelda, but I think they're cool... the problem is I don't know of any thunder related species in Zelda... well, good luck to everybody! And thanks to Gligari for clearing that up for me. I'll try and keep that in mind for when I'm SRing for Latias.

kusari

Raptastic
You know, there's a japanese legend that inanimate objects that each a certain age become alive. This legend explains quite a few pokemon, and considering the huge amount of japanese legends already used for Pokemon designs (much more then you realise), it really isn't unlikely to expect more everyday objects.
Tsukumogami is what you're thinking of.

I think it's good to have "object" Pokémon, but not too many, I prefer "animal" Pokémon, but I were to choose an item, I would choose a mirror, it would be a Steel-type, or maybe a wheel, it would be a Ground-type.
Bronzor is a Steel-type mirror.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I just catch all the Pokemon I can and organise them into sections such as Region Pokemon and National Pokemon.

When I finish completing the Pokedex I start organising them into Numbers such as 1-30.
It takes 4 hours just to finish sorting them out completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.