• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Current Server Issues

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys

You may have noticed that today, the server has been acting up.

This is due to an error which occured during the backup. We THINK we've sorted it, but it seems to be repeating and I've had to reboot the server a couple of times which thus causes a period of lack of speed due to having to recache the database. So, if the forums get slow today, you now know why. We're hoping to solve it permanently shortly.

I apologise for any inconvenience

~Serebii

Fair enough! Large forum databases, y u no sync properly?

It's not anyone's fault for the server getting slowed or the database getting filled.

I woke up this morning, got ready for school and got on the computer waiting for my mum to get ready. I open up the internet and find myself at Google as it's my homepage. As I have favourite tabs on Internet Explorer, I click on Serebii Forums as a quicklink. It loads forever. I try again. It loads forever. Then I try going to the forum via the main Serebii site, and it was maintenance.

So that's why It took me so long to post a message last night.
I understand now!

OPTICS

Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to access the forums on my iMac through safari and firefox. I am able to on my phone right now though. I keep getting a can't connect to server error.

OPTICS

Connection is fine. Since I'm using wifi from my iPhone. I've already updated my iMac sw n safari n still get the same error.

Piemonster24

Americus Heracrosius
The only thing I can say is...

You're doing it wrong.

Try going into safari settings and clearing you cache/cookies/history.
If that doesn't work, try resetting safari settings.

OPTICS

Yup, I did all that earlier. Still the same error. I think it has to do with my computer and not my browsers cuz like I said firefox was doing the same thing. I even tried IE and still got the same error.

EDIT:

Got it working now. Had something to do with Peerguardian.

Last edited:

bobri28

Get your snacks
any small amount of lag is acceptable compared to the massive lag we used to get

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
Yeah I was experiencing lag when entering this thread.

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
and I just experienced a forum crash...something about "server random restart" while trying to post something...

the refreshes caused a 4-post that I had to then go back and delete 3 of :(

Pika22

A Relic of The Past
Ok, just had "Spuratic Server Restart" notice

EifieChan

Cold *** Honky
I've received the server reboot thing twice a day for about a half hour at atime three days in a row now.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
I only had a server reboot yesterday. Proboly once a month for me.

Skydra

Haven't had any issues since two days ago. Hopefully gone!