1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dub Title Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by KibaLG8, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

And for some reason not featuring the AG movies.
    Which are miles better than the BW ones.

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Given how badly it has gotten out of control in the next seasons, I consider this showing much better than all of them combined...

3. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

No, there showing some AG movies, while they aren't showing all four of the AG movies there still showing 2 of them which are movies 8 & 9 which are still consider to be a part of AG.

4. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

and not only that, but they showed ZERO BW movies, so I have no idea why BW was brought up

5. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ There's no tina

They aired the Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini movie earlier tonight.

6. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

oh okay...

Yeah thanks I just realized there was a separate marathon Sunday which had some Gen V and VI (it's still going on)

7. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

This break is dragging on a bit too long now.

8. Pokegirl Fan~

It's probably going to start some time in March.

9. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

If the next season starts in March for the United States, then we're at least 20 episodes behind Japan. Knowing Disney XD and how well they handled the Pokémon Anime in their first year, I'm betting they will do a marathon run of the show again. First with a week of new episodes and then one Saturday during the early Summer with at least five episodes, like how they did it back in May 2017 and on Saturday, July 1, 2017, respectively. Doing so would put us back within reasonable distance from Japan. And seeing how there are no reports of new episodes at all in February 2018, it's looking likely. I'm sure the new episodes are all dubbed and ready to be aired, but they're probably waiting for more episodes ready to air before they start. SM44 first aired in Japan on Thursday, October 5, 2017.

10. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

I've been wondering, how have the ratings been for Pokémon Sun/Moon on Disney XD? I'm hoping they've done well so Disney XD will view it as an important program to show on Saturday. From what I can tell, it can't have done too poorly since it has multiple time slots and even has some marathons recently.

11. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

I think it's very likely at this rate that next month will start Season 21 for the dub, starting with SM044 aka the episode where Nebby debuts. Since it's starting fairly late again, I'm betting they'll do another marathon run so that they can close the gap between Japanese and dubbed airings again.

12. BM14murph

BM14murph Master Collector

What are we thinking the title for the series will be?

Pokémon The Series: Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon?
    Pokémon The Series: Sun & Moon Ultra
    Something else?

13. BulleDeChagrin

BulleDeChagrin Lillie best girl

Is it possible season 21 starts on the 3rd of March? Usually, the TV guides have the titles for the Saturday episodes two weeks beforehand and they've just been going through the episodes of season 20. But the title for the episode on the 3rd of March is blank. I know I may be grasping at straws here, but some people have pointed out that Disney XD has a few other shows also starting their new seasons in March, so who knows?

14. Vipsoccermaster

Blank according to where? For Disney XD, it's not blank; they plan to re-run Rocking Clawmark Hill! (SM15) at 9:00 AM local time and The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair! (SM12) at 4:00 PM local time on Saturday, March 3, 2018. Furthermore, Disney XD has slots filled for the first three Saturdays of March. The last two Saturdays of March are not up yet, but it is possible, but it doesn't look likely at this point. I get it can change over time, but it doesn't look likely. At this rate, Season 21 doesn't look like it'll start in March; it could start in April or heck, May like last year. If it does start in April or May, then we're quite a lot of episodes behind Japan and could potentially have two or three marathons to close up the gap between Japan and United States. Season 20 didn't start until 170 days after Japan, not counting the first two episodes, of course. By the time it is Saturday, March 24, 2018, it will be 170 days after SM44 first aired in Japan.

Whenever they plan to start, we'll very likely blaze through the Aether Foundation arc very quickly. It was a rushed arc that I don't think many of us would want to dawdle around for too long.

15. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

So is it Disney XD's rule that starting a new SM dub season is when the first dubbed episode of said season is 170 days behind the Japanese airing? Weird. Guess that means there will be another marathon during the first week to burn off some episodes just so they don't fall too far behind Japan again.

Annoyed that it's just doing S20 reruns.

16. Pokegirl Fan~

I don't see the problem with that. At least they're not waiting until like the late summer and airing the entire season every day all at once like they do with some of their other shows.

And I'm pretty sure the new season is starting in March in Canada, which follows the same gap length for their hiatus that cartoon network followed when the dub aired on it, give or take a few episodes.

17. Vipsoccermaster

I don't think it's a rule for Disney XD, they want to have marathons for their shows. They had two big marathons in May and July of last year, and a small marathon in November just prior to the movie. I think Disney XD plans to do a similar run again for SM21, they just want to have more episodes in their backlog to air before airing them, even though the episodes are already ready to be aired. I'm not saying that the next season will start after 170 days, my point is that it'll be that long of a break we're enduring for now (it seems).

Disney XD is handling Pokémon very well, yes. The pro of them is choosing to have marathons (more episodes airing per week on occasion than one episode per week), but the con is having to wait longer between seasons.

Let me just add that if we don't start until May, then at worst, we're a whopping 30 episodes behind Japan should they not have any breaks.

18. MichaelTanzer

MichaelTanzer Banned

Let me rephase it: I doubt it, I rather let Funimation take over the license by using the original Japanese character names and the original BGM or maybe air in Japanese with English subtitles instead. Or bring it back to Cartoon Network instead, because I don't think it's doing well on Disney XD. Period.

19. Pokegirl Fan~

It's doing much better than it was in the death slot on Cartoon Network

20. MichaelTanzer

MichaelTanzer Banned

I don't think so. It's also an death slot on Disney XD. Sorry.