1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dub Title Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by KibaLG8, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Pokegirl0102

Pokegirl0102 Well-Known Member

Yay i am so hyped for the new dub theme

2. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Highly doubtful. Most of the episodes are completely dubbed, ready to air, before Japan even airs them. Of course, the dubbed episodes won't air until after Japan has first. Also, by that logic, would it have been feasible to complete a dubbing of an episode in just 24 hours for the first two episodes of XY?

3. Tabasco Boshi

Tabasco Boshi ★★★★★

They dub them really quick. What takes most of the time are the stupid editings, music replacements, etc. You know, the unnecessary stuff.

4. MichaelTanzer

MichaelTanzer Banned

I rather see it subtitled on Disney XD instead....Or maybe have it released in both Dub and Sub versions instead?

5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

The anime is bought with a low budget that cannot buy a gigantic majority of anything foreign-sounding, and it shall never be subbed for international releases outside of fanmade subs.

6. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

You may not like the dub, but probably a good 90% of the audience that watches Pokémon on TV are casual watchers who enjoy it plenty and probably wouldn't bother watching something that isn't in their own language. Viewership would most likely take a hit if they did that.

7. Pokegirl0102

Pokegirl0102 Well-Known Member

Do you guys think we can finally get an opening thats 45 seconds as opposed to 30, i am hoping the only reason Sun and Moon opening was 30 secs due to them robably having ti ready for Cartoon Network before the switch up.

8. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Dark Magician Girl

I'm expecting them to keep the 30 second openings tbh.

9. AznKei

AznKei Blaze is great in Street Of Rage 4. O_O

Yeah, as I also play rhythm games, 30 secs is enough to hear the refrain part of the songs, so I don't know what more they could add for the 15 extra secs.

10. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I hope so. 30 second openings are lame. Stand Tall didn't even get a good full version for the movie....

11. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

Same goes for Advance, and I’d love to hear a full version of it, such a good theme.

12. MichaelTanzer

MichaelTanzer Banned

I think Disney XD is not doing a good job handling Pokemon so far.....They might well just drop it.

13. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

They certainly have done a better job of handling it then Cartoon Network, look it's okay if you don't like the dub and prefer the sub, however just because Disney XD isn't airing it in Sub like you want doesn't mean they are handling Pokemon badly, the fact of the matter is given what kind of Channel Disney XD is, it doesn't make any sense for them to air the sub version of Pokemon over the Dub especially considering the fact that most people that watch Disney XD are expecting all the shows to be in English meaning that if they choose to air the sub over the dub like you wanted it actually would hurt them as most of their audience wouldn't be that interested in it since it would mean they would have to read subtitles where most people that watch Disney XD like to just sit down and watch something in English and not have to worry about reading subtitles.

If you like watching the sub over the dub then just search for the episodes on the internet, but the fact of the matter is you shouldn't expect Disney XD to give special treatment to one show just to air it in sub when it's audience speaks English, it doesn't make any sense for Disney to air the sub version when it can just air the Dubbed version.

14. MichaelTanzer

MichaelTanzer Banned

Uh, it's lack of promotion, get this through your head. DXD will drop Pokemon one day. Period.

15. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Lack of promotion? Nope. Disney XD actually promotes them heavily, especially for marathons like one of the upcoming marathons for the last week of March 2018, plus multiple episodes in one day. Disney XD is not going to drop Pokémon after only just one year of experience with them.

16. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Lack of promotion, what are you talking about? They are essentially giving it a marathon that at the very least goes from March 24th-31st, heck and when new episodes are about to air Disney XD does promote it. Will Disney XD ever drop pokemon one day? who know maybe it will, maybe it won't however that being said it's not going to be because of you saying it and as of right now there is no reason to expect Disney XD to drop it in it the near future get that through your head.

17. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

I despise everything Disney XD airs but I can't deny that they treat Pokemon much better than CN did with XY. So I'll give props to Disney XD for at least treating a long-running anime with some care lol.

18. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Would it kill the announcer guy to pronounce "Pokemon" correctly during advertisements, though.

19. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

I don't really watch commercials. How is he pronouncing it?

20. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

The way the syllables are stressed, it almost sounds like they're trying to mispronounce it on purpose. Or maybe they're trying so hard to pronounce it right that they pronounce it wrong.

Po-KAY-mon, with a strong emphasis on the "kay" sound.