• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Vipsoccermaster

Nice to see confirmation on when the movie will air in English. But I guess, like AuraChannelerChris, I'll likely wait for it to come to television so I can have closed captions. The last Pokémon movie I saw in theaters, Pokémon White Version: Victini & Zekrom, didn't have captions the first time.

TPCi is obviously looking for the cheapest way to promote the logo, so not surprised it is bland with almost no life behind it. Typical of them.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Verity may be an odd name, but at least I'd heard it before (besides, I like it). Sorrel is pretty dumb though.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Like I said before the movie logo just looks too lazy for me to like. They should at least try since this is the movie for the 20th anniversary of the anime.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Verity may be an odd name, but at least I'd heard it before (besides, I like it). Sorrel is pretty dumb though.
Sorrel is the name of a garden herb used in cooking. I suppose this goes along with the tradition of naming Pokémon characters after plants, and fits with our protagonist being named after a tree. (And here I was hoping it was at least used in herbal remedies in some cultures, in the event this kid is the healer of the group, but nope, it just seems to be used in cooking.)

Like I said before the movie logo just looks too lazy for me to like. They should at least try since this is the movie for the 20th anniversary of the anime.
The movie logo does look rather lazy, and I'm rather surprised. They could have at least made it in a similar style to the Japanese logo. Where's the traditional Pokémon logo?

SinnohEevee

So I expect that dub script to be a bad cheap translation.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Sorrel being named after a plant fits when you realize what his goal is.

Too bad he's not completely named after a tree.

Aha! Maybe that's why he's named after an herb and not after a tree. He is not yet an actual Pokémon researcher, so he cannot be named after a tree; he can only be named after some other piece of foliage. I suppose we should expect him to change his name upon his ascension to professorhood.

Aha! Maybe that's why he's named after an herb and not after a tree. He is not yet an actual Pokémon researcher, so he cannot be named after a tree; he can only be named after some other piece of foliage. I suppose we should expect him to change his name upon his ascension to professorhood.

Maybe his surname is Acacia or something, we don't know :p

I'm a little unclear on something about the screening. Is it gonna be subbed or dubbed for the international release on the 5th and 6th?

TheWanderingMist

teddybeardan

Not paying to get Goldfarb'd, Cathcart'd, and poor VA'd, standard of TPCi, no thanks: happy for those of you who like the dub, though.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I admit the English logo for M20 is terrible, it doesn't even have the official English Pokemon logo in it!

Also, I do wonder if Makoto's dub name being Verity was a likely shoutout to Sinnoh, considering she has Piplup as her partner Pokemon and the events of the D/P games have you choosing your starter after you get attacked by Starly at Lake Verity.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
LOL Sorrel and Verity....

More like SORRow to the seVERITY, I can see why they named them that now... because it's severe sorrow that comes to people when they see these characters in action :)

TheWanderingMist

LOL Sorrel and Verity....

More like SORRow to the seVERITY, I can see why they named them that now... because it's severe sorrow that comes to people when they see these characters in action :)

Nah. Verity means truth (because she has a secret) and the other guy is some sort of plant but not a tree (yet).