• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Egg changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
There was a unannounced change today with the anniversary - a change to egg distributions! Reports filtering through. 2nd gen starters return, Gligar and maybe others move from 10 km to 5 km, Houndour and Spinarak added to 5 km eggs, etc.

https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2017/07/07/new-egg-changes-ash-hat-pichu-in-pokemon-go/
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/6lqsq0/eggs_are_hatching_different_pokémon/

Pichu hatched from eggs obtained during the anniversary event (not before) also get a hat.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Players obviously can't get enough Spinarak. [/sarcasm] Guarantee I'll start getting tons of them instead of the good stuff. I do need more Totodile candy so it being in eggs is welcomed. Porygon I don't mind switching to 10km for the fact you get at minimum 16 candies from hatching it. I've only ever hatched one Porygon which was just a few days ago.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
NOO!!!

STOP DOING THIS TO ME NIANTIC!

I just did my 9x10km and guess what I hatched among other things?! Two Omanyte and two Gligar! And prior to when I had the coins to actually walk all my 10k's, I hatched a Mantine! Why do I always get the ones that don't stick in 10k's after I do these things?! During my first 9x10, I got two Scyther, a Magmar and an Electabuzz and an Onix! Worst part was that at that point you could hatch Elekid and Magby out of 10k's at that time! And NONE of those are currently 10k hatches anymore!

Spinarak, Silph Road has it as a 2k, but Pokecommunity has it as a 5k hatch. It better be a 2k hatch or I'll flip.

Chinchou becoming a 10k hatch is extremely unfullfilling. I honestly rather have Pineco or Gligar, since Gliscor is a beast and Pineco is rare where I live. Chinchou is really commonplace and REALLY not worth walking 10k for.

I guess it's nice that Houndour and Teddiursa are now hatching from eggs, but after the Fire-event, I don't need more Houndour-candy.. It's all just cluttering up my chance on that Elekid that I still need.

Also, Serebii already has Porygon as a 10k hatch, so what's the deal??

Honestly, this just clutters the rates for the stuff that I need from Eggs:

2k: Igglybuff
5k: Elekid, Tyrogue, Phanpy
10k: Aerodactyl, Mareep (or two), Miltank, Larvitar (a decent IV'd one that I'll evolve into Pupitar).

That's all I need to complete my dex aside from what's unreleased.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I just want to take a moment and talk about the Ash Hat Pichu. I love that they're doing it, but oh my goodness, that's going to be impossible to find. I hope the hatch rate of Pichu has been majorly boosted.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Spinarak, Silph Road has it as a 2k, but Pokecommunity has it as a 5k hatch. It better be a 2k hatch or I'll flip.
It's 2 km. Already updated that article a while back on that (as well as more that have been discovered since).
Chinchou becoming a 10k hatch is extremely unfullfilling. I honestly rather have Pineco or Gligar, since Gliscor is a beast and Pineco is rare where I live. Chinchou is really commonplace and REALLY not worth walking 10k for.
I agree, I like the Chinchou line but it (and Mareep) shouldn't be 10 km imo.
Also, Serebii already has Porygon as a 10k hatch, so what's the deal??
It was a 10 km Egg to begin with, and then was shifted to 5 km. I guess he never updated that and so is right again for Porygon. :V]

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I agree, I like the Chinchou line but it (and Mareep) shouldn't be 10 km imo.

Chinchou, sure, but Mareep is one of the rarest non-evolved, non-Unown Pokémon in the game (for some odd reason), so it probably belongs in a 10 km.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Chinchou, sure, but Mareep is one of the rarest non-evolved, non-Unown Pokémon in the game (for some odd reason), so it probably belongs in a 10 km.
That's true that it is rare in GO, but I don't agree that it should be rare. It never was in the main series games after all, and is based on a farm animal. Grimer has a better case for being as rare as it is in the games. Unown most certainly. But Mareep of all things?

Rapiido

Thank god Pineco and Gligar are no longer in 10kms... I don't mind Chinchou for now but I'm sure after hatching a bunch of them it'll get annoying.
Now that there's beginning to get a ridiculous amount of egg Pokemon, I feel like they should start adding other tiers.
Like... a 15km for specifically the really rare Pokemon (Dratini, Larvitar, Aerodactyl, Porygon) and maybe have 7 or 8km eggs for the rarer 5km ones.
Cause once Hoenn gets released, it's just gonna get stupid ridiculous trying to hatch certain Pokemon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That's true that it is rare in GO, but I don't agree that it should be rare. It never was in the main series games after all, and is based on a farm animal. Grimer has a better case for being as rare as it is in the games. Unown most certainly. But Mareep of all things?

That's a different matter all together, but yeah, I completely agree. It should not be so ridiculously rare by any means, but it is, so it belongs in 10 kms as far as Go is concerned.

Funny story, I found a Mareep on the first night of the Johto launch, and assumed it would be common. Boy was I wrong.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I just want everybody to know that one of the first 10km egg I got in months...hatched into a Chinchou. Also, I guess Eevees are back to being hatchable because I hatched one of those WHILE a wild Eevee was a few feet away from me. Do the games KNOW which Pokemon you need and reorganize the data so that your eggs never hatch into anything good?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I just want everybody to know that one of the first 10km egg I got in months...hatched into a Chinchou. Also, I guess Eevees are back to being hatchable because I hatched one of those WHILE a wild Eevee was a few feet away from me. Do the games KNOW which Pokemon you need and reorganize the data so that your eggs never hatch into anything good?

Eevee never stopped being hatchable, it was just switched from 10 km egg to a 5 km egg.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I also had one of my first new 10 km eggs become a Chinchou. :< Most disappointing.

Did pull two Tyrogues recently (not new but certainly are for me!) But I am only getting 5 km eggs of late. =/ RIP my chances of hat pichu. Luckily I don't care much for it in the first place.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The thing with Chinchou is that even though it's in 10 km eggs now, it's no more rare than it used to be, so it's still going to show up fairly common.

Status
Not open for further replies.