• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feebas

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Oh God...I don't remember a whole lot about it, but when I got my Feebas on Emerald (probably by a stroke of luck) I trained the thing like crazy, getting it leveled up to 55 before I realized it wasn't going to evolve on its own. -_-

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
I just recently caught a Feebas yesterday. I made a commitment to finally actually try and catch one (when I was younger I would try try try try and always fail...) in a new run of ruby I was doing, so immediately once I got to route 119 I dodged all the trainers and went to the first part you can fish in (the lake with the guy that has a Feebas. So first tile 4 Magikarps. Second tile a Tentacool and then a Feebas!

My jaw literally dropped as I finally found the pokemon I oh so wanted as a kid in less then 3 minutes of searching. Using the same cartridge I got in 2003 that is now so old it has a dead battery. I caught and bred one until I got one with a dry favoring nature, settled for Quiet. 6 Kelpsey and 5 Bluk berries later and I now have a Milotic.

Now I've had a Milotic in other games but only from trades so I'm happy to finally have my own real Milotic that has tooken me 10 years to get (Not that I really tried every single year since I've had the game xD...)

Greekboy

I searched on every tile. I made a tool sort-of thing on MS paint that helped a bit, but it wasn't really that much of a help; it really only helps if you want to catch another one and forgot the tile it was on.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
It doesn't matter what phrase you have, it's completly all to do with luck and the rng mechanics which I can't wrap my head around.

I don't have one since I've never looked for one.

LimeSoda

Got one when I was trying to complete the dex [still am, national though]. Took about the average amount of time I'd say, an hour and a half maybe.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Ahh, Feebas. I used to have nearly every Pokemon in Emerald, but he was one of the ones I could never just get.

Out of curiosity, will using the same phrase as someone else generate the same Feebas tiles *gen 3 specifically* as another person's save file?

dragonskull

Dark trainer
After getting to know how to fish it (back then I was a lot less skilled with computers, so searching for "how-to's" was a bit hard) it took me 5 minutes :)

I normally can find one within a hour or two of searching. On my latest play-through it took me about a minute to find a Feebas spot, so I caught a bunch of them for good IVs to pass on for breeding.

latios reborn

I never got a Feebas at all and it wasn't from the lack of trying, well I gave up eventually

Sealotic

I'll need to be patient, but I'll read a lot about how to increase my chance of fishing one fastly.

LimeSoda

Ahh, Feebas. I used to have nearly every Pokemon in Emerald, but he was one of the ones I could never just get.

Out of curiosity, will using the same phrase as someone else generate the same Feebas tiles *gen 3 specifically* as another person's save file?

No that won't work :/

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Darn, I was hoping it would.

I'm guessing it has to do with the Trainer and secret ID then as well, or am I wrong?

Necro101

Never bothered look for one in that game. I only bothered to get one in White... xD The fact that people said it was so hard made me not want to look for one. Plus, I did not like Milotic at that time. But now I kind of do. It would be in my top 50... For my phrase in Dewford, how would I remember that?

RAWK ON

Last edited: