• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Generation Force

*waving goodbye to 5D's*

interesting cards indeed.
Gagaga Magician 「ガガガマジシャン」
DARK/Spellcaster - Effect/4/1500/1000
coincidence?

either way, I am psyched.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
Yuma's cards are based on Sumerian myths, which includes...I forgot if it was a deity or a normal person, but his name is Gaga.

and Exceed = Dark Synchros lol

Sorry, am I missing something? Are these "exeeds" summon-able without "tuner" monsters?
No. 17, Revise Dragon 「No.17 リバイス・ドラゴン」
WATER/Dragon - Exceed - Effect/Rank 3/2000/0
2 Level 3 monsters
Nothing about a tuner mentioned here. The next generation, huh.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Yes. Exceed Monsters can be summoned by any combination of monsters provided said monsters are the right Level. No Tuners needed. It makes them somewhat more versatile than Synchros in some ways, though the mechanic is slightly suckish with the cards they've given us... mostly due to the drawbacks they get when they lose all their Exceed Material Monsters. I hope the higher Rank Exceeds are better than stuff like Aspiring Emperor Hope and Revise Dragon in terms of effects. Hope's effect is okay, but Revise Dragon having to sacrifice Direct Attacks in exchange for a thousand more points... though to be fair it could work with Plants and summoning Tokens to your opponent's field...

^thanks, I appreciate it.

I think a "D.D scout plane" deck would be interesting. pressuming almost all exeed cards have effects that revolve around removing from play their material monsters. You could abuse it's ability to regenerate and use it for another exeed monster wich could easily swarm the field in one a la two turns.

Things you'd need.
D.D Scout plane.
a few monsters that can be used as exeed material or send
Dimensional alchemist, Caiuse teh shadow Monarch and Bazoo the soul-eater come to mind.

Extra deck:
lots of exeed powerhouses that can easily remove D.D Scout plane from play.

Would it work?

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
We don't know what 'remove' actually means with regard to Exceeds. I believe it's send to the Graveyard, not Remove From Play. So if 'remove' doesn't mean Remove From Play, that Deck doesn't work. Though it is an interesting concept and if they released some good Level Two Exceeds, it could work quite effectively.

I'm looking forward to this set, personally, provided the other Exceeds aren't as made-of-suck as Revise Dragon. Gagaga Magician is fairly versatile for Exceeds (pity it isn't usable for Synchros...) or Rituals, and the other cards seem decent so far.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
So......how will these exceed monsters or what ever be affected by cards like gravity bind or level limit area b? Does rank=Level ?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
From what I've been reading, the Level Limits + Bind have no effect on Exceeds.

So now the question is, Level Eater + an Exceed monster = -1 star monstar? :confused:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Considering cards that deals with Level apparently has no effects on Exceeds, that would means Level Eater cannot be used on Exceeds.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
since Synchros are also Level-related, I doubt they can be used as Synchro Material.

Probably can't be used by default, since they don't have any Level to begin with.

SmartD

More cards added. The equip card for Spellcasters is great for Gravekeepers.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Oh jesus, GKs are gonna be crazy good.

Depends. Would you rather go Spy > Descendent and destroy a card or go for a beatstick that could get BTH'd? Also, from what it looks like, Recruiter won't get the search effect, if Sangan can't. Exceeds would be more of a last-ditch thing for them, especially with Vairon Disigma.

Mikau

Better then you
Descendent can still get Hole'd. I was just thinking the whole little triple Spies and a single Guard section of a deck. I dunno I think they'll be crazy good.