• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help please

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
I've been using this team in-game and modifying it slightly, but I still feel like its missing a certain factor.

Alakazam@Alakazite
Gentle
Inner Focus
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball

This is my main powerhouse. Psychic hits most things extremely hard, especially after Mega Evolving, while Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam cover most of is weaknesses. Energy Ball deals with bulkier Water, Rock and Ground types that have been a major issue before.

Florges@Miracle Seed
Naive
Flower Veil
-Psychic
-Energy Ball
-Moonblast
-Petal Dance

Florges is a devastating Special tank. Moonblast can deal heavy damage, while Psychic provides coverage. Petal Dance is also for coverage, with Energy Ball in case I don't want to be locked in to a Petal Dance. Also, on my occasional forays online, everyone seems to think that Florges is a Grass type, and i've learnt that it can handle a few Flamethrowers.

Hydreigon@Iron Plate
Hardy
Levitate
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Flash Cannon

Hydreigon is an absolute beast, destroying most things it meets. Flash Cannon combines with the Iron Plate to destroy Fairies, as well as Rock/Ice types. Flamethrower deals with the annoying Grass types that always carry Spore/Sleep/Poison Powder. Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse are simply for STAB.

Braviary@Sharp Beak
Calm
Keen Eye
-Shadow Claw
-Aerial Ace
-Slash
-???

Braviary is a tank. The Normal/Flying type allows for solid consistency, with Slash and Aerial Ace for STAB. Shadow Claw deals with Ghost types that could wall it. The final move is up for grabs, as it is currently occupied by Fly for in-game purposes.

Dusknoir@Spell Tag
Relaxed
Pressure
-Will-O-Wisp
-Disable
-Toxic
-Hex
Dusknoir's main job is to take hits while either burning or poisoning the opponent, and then Disabling potential threats such as Sucker Punch and Shadow Ball, and Hexing for massive damage.

Doublade@Eviolite
Brave
No Guard
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak
-Shadow Claw
-Iron Head
Doublade is vicious. Its base defense stat is equal to Aegislash's in Shield Forme, and Doublade gets Eviolite boost. Shadow Claw and Iron Head are powerful STAB moves, with Shadow Sneak working as STAB priority. Sacred Sword is for coverage.

So there is my six-'mon team. Any pointers please?

Falconx03

Legendary
Alakazam@Alakazite
Gentle
Inner Focus
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball

Everything looks fine to me except the nature. Modest or Timid would be better but I am going to assume you aren't going to breed or catch a new nature.

Florges@Miracle Seed
Naive
Flower Veil
-Psychic
-Energy Ball
-Moonblast
-Aromatherapy/Recover/Hidden Power(Ground/Fire/Any)

Replace Petal Dance with Aromatherapy or Recover. Or if you want offense use Calm Mind to boost Special Attack and Special Defense or if it has Hidden Power Ground/Fire, those are good options. Or really any Hidden Power that isn't Psychic/Grass/Fairy(if there is HP Fairy).

Hydreigon@Iron Plate
Hardy
Levitate
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Flash Cannon

Typical set I believe.

Braviary@Sharp Beak
Calm
Keen Eye
-U-Turn
-Brave Bird
-Return
-Super Power

Brave Bird is an outstanding STAB move if you don't mind the recoil, which you could use Leftovers to restore HP or have Roost on the moveset. Return is a better STAB option unless you really prefer the occasional Critical Hit. Super Power is great coverage against Rock, Steel and Ice types trying to wall Braviary. U-Turn can be used to escape from anything about to take Braviary down or switch to a Pokemon with better coverage while also inflicting damage.

Dusclops@Eviolite
Relaxed
Pressure
-Will-O-Wisp
-Night Shade
-Pain Split
-Destiny Bond/Toxic/Protect

I say to use Dusclops with an Eviolite as it will sponge hits much better than Dusknoir. Will-O-Wisp is great. Night Shade can be used to deal 100 damage unresisted with the exception of Normal Types. Pain Split can be used to widdle an opponent down while giving some HP back to Dusclops. Destiny Bond can be a great last resort take down if needed, Toxic if opponent is immune to Will-O-Wisp and Protect can be used to prolong Dusclops life and the burn.

As for Doublade, I have no clue. Never used one before.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
If you're willing to get a new Nature, Florges should be Modest/Calm, and Braviary should be Adamant/Jolly.

Also, if you do get a new Nature, and your new Braviary has Sheer Force ability, Rock Slide can be used instead of U-Turn or Superpower.

Nayzira

IV Breeder
If you are willing to raise new pokemon of the species you have in your team I have some advise on their natures), which is the following:

Alakazam - Should have either a timid or modest nature; timid if you prefer ensuring you hit first or modest if you want to hit the hardest you can with it.
Florges - For special tanking calm would be ideal but since you have a lot of offensive moves it seems you like using it offensively too and in that case modest would be the best choise.
Hydreigon - Never had one but I'd guess modest would be ideal since it's an offensive special moves using pokemon.
Braviary - I don't really know a suggestion for a nature for a braviary how you use it because I don't really see it as a very defensive pokemon, if I were to put a braviary on a team I'd probably make it a physical attacker and in game próbably adamant for even more attacking power.
Dusknoir - I'd probably go with either careful or impish, I've never used this pokemon so I'm not really sure.
Doublade - Never used this and I think it really depends on how you use it and that's not fully clear to me from your description, so I have no advise, only that it should probably be a nature either boosting one of the defenses or maybe attack and desceasing special attack in all cases since you'll not really want to use special based attacks on one with its base stat being so low there.

So for other possible advise on the pokemon's moves and roles and stuff:
Alakazam - Looks good; I also use those first three moves on my Espeon because perfect neutral coverage is really awesome, so I'd say: awesome :)
Florges - I'd probably replace Petal Dance with something like Calm Mind especially for yours because yours seems both offensive and defensively played. A HP recovering move (I don't know Florges well enough to pick one for you, you can google that if you want to do that) would also be a useful replacement for the move.
Hydreigon - Looks good to me it terms of moves and reasons for them, I'd say keep it they way it is.
Braviary - Never played it, don't really know if it's good or not but I do feel it's an odd choise for a tank, I'd either play it completely offensively or if you want to use the pokemon slot for a tank replace it with a pokemon with tankier basestats and a tankier moveset.
Dusknoir - Moves look ok, I don't know what it's movepool is and if it could be improved upon but that seems like a moveset that should work fine.
Doublade - Never played it, no idea if it's good or not.

Not really sure what you want to do with it in game, I assume battle mansion? I kind of generally recommend EV training, it can make a good pokemon great and a bad pokemon sort of tolerable, and since generation six it's very accessible with the super training mini-game, you could even do it on your current pokemon with the random natures; just hit the empthy bag with a random pokemon until you find reset bags, use those and then super train them, if you don't want to do that that's up to you; if you do I can also give advise on which are good for what :)

Nulava

Banned
Doublade @ Eviolite
Nature: Brave
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Night Slash / Gyro Ball
~Scared Sword
~Shadow Sneak

Ironthunder