• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hit Your Mark, Aura! Ash and the Mysterious Egg!! (1110)

most likely will have an episode of ash dealing with riolu personality soon, for now it does obey ash but being reckless continuously will do give problem arise later in the season ><....

make me think that raboot personality now become a lot easier to handle rather than riolu now hmmm....

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I'm just a tad disappointed that Riolu isn't cute/adorable like the Aura Sphere Riolu is, BUT I guess it would be too easy for Ash to already form a bond.

As long as Ash gets to hug/cuddle Riolu at least a few times before it evolves (the same way Ash did with Aura Sphere Riolu) I'll be okay with this.
I do suppose the riolu got really bored after wait for God knows how much until find a compatible aura with its and was desperatly in need of action. It'll probably mellow down in time, but it's different enough. This riolu clearly isn't a team player, it's probably what Ash will have to work with it in the future.

Said that, I'm glad the PWC challengers are getting distinct designs.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Not even out of the Egg for five minutes and it's already picking fights.

must be a fighting type trait since the only other baby that picked fights after hatching was Scraggy who was also a fighting type.

Though this was more intense since wild pokemon don't hold back.

make me think that raboot personality now become a lot easier to handle rather than riolu now hmmm....

what is that supposed to mean?

Cptnmac1

Wonder who the next catch will be. They seem to be going for powerhouses that Ash missed out on. I hope he gets a Larvitar, even if it's not that Larvitar.
Most likely the next catch is sobble.

It'll be interesting to see the dynamic between ash and riolu since it's attacks seemed to get stronger when fighting with ash compared to by itself. Hopefully we get a scene in an upcoming episode that shows ash training with it and it gets some more moves

Rohanator

Satoshi having aura abilities was not referenced and I think him sensing Riolu was more about Riolu sending waves at him than him having an ability (Later he even says that he thought Riolu was calling for him which is why he was happy to hear that the egg had refused to hatch for so long, as if it was waiting for him).

It can definitely be a REFERENCE to movie 8/DP but there's no real narrative set up for actually delving into it, I think it's mainly about Riolu's dex entries, about it sensing emotions through waves etc.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
must be a fighting type trait since the only other baby that picked fights after hatching was Scraggy who was also a fighting type.

Though this was more intense since wild pokemon don't hold back.
I thought the full blue moon was made to be a reference to its fighting spirit or something, I can't remember the correct symbolism now.

Ash just got a Vegeta in the making.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This was a good episode, but it kind of felt rushed between everything quickly jumping from scene to scene & how big moments like Ash’s championship went going by so fast. Plus, I’m surprised that they only had Ash showing Dragonite the egg while Mimey & Gengar didn’t appear at all.

Riolu’s strength & personality are both a little surprising though since it just hatched and managed to hold its own pretty well in most of the fights it picked . Plus, now a battle between Riolu & Korrina’s Lucario makes more sense since Riolu’s a bit stronger than most baby pokémon & Ash always tries to respect his pokémon’s wishes even if they’re at a disadvantage (ex- letting Rowlet battle Decidueye in the Alola League)

Last edited:

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
to be honest i didn't think Riolu/the egg would hatch for a few episodes

Well Ash has finally caught/hatched a Riolu. Fingers crossed for its evolution into Lucario. And also did it occur to anyone that its Easter Sunday and a new Pokemon was born in todays episode? What a coincidence.

They were also hunting for Eggs :p

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I know, right? They have been wanting this for over a decade. I myself can hardly believe they finally gave Ash a Riolu, 4 generations later. One has to wonder what happened behind the scenes to turn the writers into wish granters.
Simple: Combine the world traveling aspect of the series with how Ash’s teams have consisted of the most marketable/popular pokémon since Sun & Moon, and it makes perfect sense why Ash now has three pokémon people wanted him to catch for years