1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Host move complete

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by ricocheting, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricocheting

ricocheting Noob Trainer Admin

It's the middle of the night for Joe so I'll post this. He'll likely have more to add later.

Here's what the current status is. We upgraded the forums to a setup that will allow us to add additional resources to the server on-the-fly. This way we can throw more hardware at it without actually changing servers (limited only to what can be afforded).

Currently we're starting them off with about the same amount as the old (laggy) setup and they will be increased until we find a good medium between what works well and what won't break the bank. This means that you may not see a big performance increase at first, but it will get better over the next couple days (for now we just wanted to get the forums back online).

If you are using http://beta.serebiiforums.com/ to access the forum, there might be broken images on some of the template(s). That's normal and the problem will fix itself once the nameservers transfer and you go back to using http://www.serebiiforums.com/

any other issues, go ahead and post them here.

2. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

We are currently experiencing some issues with something causing the MySQL database to constantly write/read the hard-drive and thus create lag. We're working on a fix

3. palingensia

palingensia amends

It's working really nicely atm, this is much better.

4. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Well-Known Member

So far no I haven't had any lag at all , either way definitely better than what we had. Nice work =D

5. Serebii

We're still fine tuning. Today is the testing period. We'll get a variety of stats (even though we'll have less activity than normal as some wont follow the beta link) and then be able to decide on better settings so we can kill this lag once and for all.

So, with that, lag is highly likely today so please don't curse at us.

6. Electivirus

Electivirus Not really, no.

So far, I haven't had a single bit of lag. Very nice.

7. palingensia

palingensia amends

I'm not using beta.sppf, if it means anything.

8. Electivirus

Electivirus Not really, no.

Neither am I.

9. Serebii

Your ISPs redirected quickly :)

Some wont get redirected to it properly for two days

10. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

I am still lagging a bit, whether it's the forum or my internet connection not 100% sure, since it had lagged on me earlier on Facebook and even Google.

But considering my internet connection stuffed up a few nights again and it could easily be somehow because of all the floods around maybe that's the cause.
    We will find out in a couple of days of course once it's all completely finished, I hope it is lag-free.

Also I am using the regular forums as well not beta (Accessed by going through the site like always)

11. Neo Duality

Neo Duality Banned

The new server seems to be attracting a lot of spambots. :\

I'm having some issues logging in though. At times, it tells me to log in again even though I just did, and I have to refresh the page and log in again.

12. ~Silver Aura~

~Silver Aura~ Back...ish

I haven't had any lags so far which is good though I have to use the beta link for now but no biggie. Anyway Great work Serebii this is much better :)

13. Serebii

Spambots have been an increasing issue since the start of the year. Every forum is getting hit by them

14. [GS]

[GS] Staring at my phone

Everything's running quite well at the moment, no lag to
    speak of, and I'm also not using the beta link.

15. Dizzee

Dizzee Well-Known Member

So fast!

Everything running fine.

16. Janovy

Janovy Banned

I'm not using the beta forums, then normal forums are doing just fine. I'm glad the lag is fixed though hopefully it remains this way. :)

17. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

This.

For me, pages are also loading around twice as fast as before during a non-lag period. This is great, thanks to both you and ricocheting!

18. Exodd

Exodd Well-Known Member

Wow, the pages here are loading within seconds instead of minutes now. I wonder how much lag there will be during the Black/White release.

19. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Active Member

You should probably refresh using F5 as normal but hold down the 'Ctrl' key also, allowing your browser to delete the cached copy and re-download the page. Might just help.

On-Topic - Forums are working amazingly. Congratulations.

20. Haxy

Haxy Haxorus Edition

Finally! Lagless SPPf! Now as fast as everywhere else I visit! I'm glad that this happened - I'll be able to be around more often, and faster, too!

(And speedy posts, and no autodoubleposts!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.