• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

If Mega Launcher gives a 1.5x (we don't know how much Mega Launcher increases it yet, do we?), then Water Pulse will have 135 BP (60x1.5x1.5), while Surf will have 142 BP (95x1.5, rounded down), so Surf will still be better.

Yeah I figured that out. I thought Surf was 90 for some reason.

Dang, it is

Even with an ability that boosts it's power, Water Pulse is STILL not as powerful as surf.

Why does Blastoise get Mega Launcher again? And how is it useful?

Blastoise gets Mega Launcher because, like I said in an earlier post GF is playing up the cannon gimmick also Mega Launcher is an Iron Fist except for moves with "Pulse" in its name although this will probably expand to cannon moves as well eg flash cannon, hydro cannon etc.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
If Mega Launcher gives a 1.5x (we don't know how much Mega Launcher increases it yet, do we?), then Water Pulse will have 135 BP (60x1.5x1.5), while Surf will have 142 BP (95x1.5, rounded down), so Surf will still be better.

but will this be an Aqua Tail/Waterfall situation were the added effect means the weaker move is used over the Stronger one

I wouldn't mind loosing a bit of BP for a chance to confuse my opponent

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Dang, it is

Even with an ability that boosts it's power, Water Pulse is STILL not as powerful as surf.

Why does Blastoise get Mega Launcher again? And how is it useful?

Maybe there will be new 'Pulse' moves which MegaBlastoise could take advantage of with Mega Launcher. There surely has to be either new moves or increase the power boost of MegaLauncher to make it viable and worth having.

Maybe there will be new 'Pulse' moves which MegaBlastoise could take advantage of with Mega Launcher. There surely has to be either new moves or increase the power boost of MegaLauncher to make it viable and worth having.

The ability is called MegaLauncher so there would be a rather sizable power boost.

Let's see what we have for Pulses...

Water Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse

With the obvious naming, we're missing fifteen more Pulses.

I want to see a Fire or Ice pulse as they have pretty good coverage.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

Let's see what we have for Pulses...

Water Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse

With the obvious naming, we're missing fifteen more Pulses.

That's the problem I have with the ability

Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse have POOR coverage

He needs some kind of Ice Pulse/ Thunder Pulse for Boltbeam

I would like an Aura Pulse or Fighting Pulse personally and love a Fire Pulse

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
The ability is called MegaLauncher so there would be a rather sizable power boost.

Even so the lack of 'Pulse' moves available is really small atm. Expanding the movepool would be also be good for MegaBlastoise to keep it relevant compared to the other abilities gained by the other Kanto mega evolutions.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
but will this be an Aqua Tail/Waterfall situation were the added effect means the weaker move is used over the Stronger one

I wouldn't mind loosing a bit of BP for a chance to confuse my opponent

I personally don't think having a chance to confusing the opponent (assuming you mean an actual human, or one of the special NPCs with good AI, opponent instead of those stupid NPC trainers) will make Water Pulse superior to Surf since being confused is cured upon switch and in real battles there's a lot of switching.

Even so the lack of 'Pulse' moves available is really small atm. Expanding the movepool would be also be good for MegaBlastoise to keep it relevant compared to the other abilities gained by the other Kanto mega evolutions.

GF might expand the effects of the ability to moves with cannon in its name although there aren't many moves with cannon in its name to begin with. *sigh* oh well baby steps I guess.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
I want to see a Fire or Ice pulse as they have pretty good coverage.

We've already got a Fire Blast, which is pretty close, but it's a possibility. Ice Pulse would be great and almost certainly learnable by Blastoise, but I really think we need a viable Ice type physical move (other than Icicle Crash or Avalanche for slow Pokes). Not this section I know...
Also Mega-Charizard FOR THE FREAKING WIN!!

Torus333

Fakemon Artist
The Pokemon in the box screenshots revealed today I believe are getting Megas (if not evos). Most have already appeared in battle scenes. Tauros, Hariyama, Zoroark, Golurk, Snorlax, Gardevoir were all in the box with the new 6th Gen Pokes and of course Mawile, which we already know has a Mega.
Now, the other Pokes were Weavile, Gliscor, Dragonite, Gyarados, Machamp, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Miltank, Haxorus, Staraptor, Flygon, Druddigon, Scizor, Salamence, Haunter(Gengar), Lapras, Houndoor(Houdoom) which appeared alongside Ampharos and Absol who also have Megas. The third box showed Kingdra, Typhlosion, Metagross, Chandelure, Volcarona, Infernape, Pachirisu, Altaria, Swampert, Milotic, Ditto and a couple Legendaries.
I strongly believe most if not all of these Pokemon will receive Mega evolutions. They are very believable and GF is giving us a BIG hint!

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
The Pokemon in the box screenshots revealed today I believe are getting Megas (if not evos). Most have already appeared in battle scenes. Tauros, Hariyama, Zoroark, Golurk, Snorlax, Gardevoir were all in the box with the new 6th Gen Pokes and of course Mawile, which we already know has a Mega.
Now, the other Pokes were Weavile, Gliscor, Dragonite, Gyarados, Machamp, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Miltank, Haxorus, Staraptor, Flygon, Druddigon, Scizor, Salamence, Haunter(Gengar), Lapras, Houndoor(Houdoom) which appeared alongside Ampharos and Absol who also have Megas. The third box showed Kingdra, Typhlosion, Metagross, Chandelure, Volcarona, Infernape, Pachirisu, Altaria, Swampert, Milotic, Ditto and a couple Legendaries.
I strongly believe most if not all of these Pokemon will receive Mega evolutions. They are very believable and GF is giving us a BIG hint!

I highly doubt it. As much as fun it would be (plus one I am not saying which since you guys know me by now) I doubt this is what they are doing. It could be they just picked the ones they have shown in the past or random ones. There is a good chance maybe one or two but not most. I could be wrong of course. But that is lot of Megas and we only have a month left.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
That's exactly what I thought at first but some of these seem unlikely for various reasons. 1st is some have counterparts not shown (like Electrivire/Magmortar). 2nd shouldn't Scizor be getting the Mega-Evo instead of Scyther? 3rd is the number. Awful lot of Megas there...What it could indicate is Pokemon that can be found in game.

Torus333

Fakemon Artist
That's exactly what I thought at first but some of these seem unlikely for various reasons. 1st is some have counterparts not shown (like Electrivire/Magmortar). 2nd shouldn't Scizor be getting the Mega-Evo instead of Scyther? 3rd is the number. Awful lot of Megas there...What it could indicate is Pokemon that can be found in game.

I stated Scizor, as that is the Pokemon that was shown TWICE in the boxes. I'm not sure anymore if there will only be a few # of Megas. It seemed as if there will be a lot of them especially after the things the guys said today in Direct. I'm not crazy about Megas and preferred evolutions to those that needed them, but I believe GF is giving a big hint a month before release. I'm sure they won't reveal all of them by the time the game is released. And I'm sure CoroCoro will have a lot of them next week. However, I also agree with the opinion that they can just be Pokemon we will find in the games

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
I personally don't think having a chance to confusing the opponent (assuming you mean an actual human, or one of the special NPCs with good AI, opponent instead of those stupid NPC trainers) will make Water Pulse superior to Surf since being confused is cured upon switch and in real battles there's a lot of switching.

but the point is it forces a switch putting you in a better position and anything else that switches in has a chance of being confused itself

Ilan

Well if he gets more sp.attack and hydro cannon is affected so.. it's worth it... In rain and a 1.5 boost it has 507 base power! it's like 5 none stab earthquakes resist that!
Sure you lose a turn but you just Nuked something might take down a really strong wall.
If it affects Hydro Pump then it's more than viable.
Much stronger than a Porygon-Z hyper beam.

_Sylveon_

Indigo Champion
So, this is what we know about Mega's:

Venusaur:
Gains Thick Fat ability, Defense and Special Defense grow. Retains its typing.
Charizard:
Gains Drought ability, Special Attack improves greatly. Retains its typing.
Blastoise:
Gains Mega Launcher ability, no word on what stat improves yet. Retains its typing.
Ampharos:
Gains Mold Breaker ability, no word on what stat improves yet. Becomes an Electric/Dragon type Pokemon.
Absol:
Gains Magic Bounce ability, Attack and Speed grow. Retains its typing.
Mawile:
Gains Huge Power ability, Defense and Special Defense grow. Becomes a Steel/Fairy type Pokemon.
Mewtwo:
Gains Insomnia ability, Special Attack grows. Retains its typing.
Lucario:
Gains Adaptability ability, Attack grows. Retains its typing.
Blaziken:
Retains its ability, Attack Grows. Retains its typing.
Kangaskhan:
Gains Parental Bond ability, no word on what stat improves yet. Unconfirmed if it changes or retains its type.

All of these also have different changes in size and weight, none of them get Reclassified (Venusaur, the Seed Pokemon, stays the Seed Pokemon)

Just felt like making a little list to show what is confirmed (Will be continuously adding new stuff)

Confirmation and Info all found here

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Mega Pokemon, huh? Whoa,and I thought that the final form of pokemon was cool. But no, the Mega Evolution has taking into the whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.