• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
I just noticed that Mega Charizard loses its claws for...just three small nails.

Seismic Toss will look ridiculous. It needs to hug its opponent now.

Well, Charizard was already more of a special sweeper to begin with, maybe its Sp.Atk stat gets ridiculous in its MegaEvo...it's not like it needs claws to breathe fire.

PsychoIncarnate

Though Water Pulse will be just as powerful as surf and has a 20% chance of confusing the opponent

Though Water Pulse will be just as powerful as surf and has a 20% chance of confusing the opponent

Unless you are an NPC and the player just ran out of full restores. Then it's at 100% chance of confusion :p.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I really like how GF is playing up the cannons gimmick with Blastoise also Thick Fat makes a lot of sense on Venusaur considering plants die when exposed to fire or ice

Me too on blastoise. All the needed to do was make it a bigger cannon on his back :) Go Super Mega Cannon. By the way with the last part: did you mean it doesn't make a lot of sense on Venusaur considering plants died when exposed to fire and ice. Because your original sentence was a little confusing.

Me too on blastoise. All the needed to do was make it a bigger cannon on his back :) Go Super Mega Cannon. By the way with the last part: did you mean it doesn't make a lot of sense on Venusaur considering plants died when exposed to fire and ice. Because your original sentence was a little confusing.

Sorry, It does make a lot of sense on Venusaur.

Ditto24

honestly solar power would be better....

Depends how you use Venusaur, gaining a defensive ability makes sense to go with it's increased stats. Granted Solar Power would help greatly but it would still suffer from Fire and Ice moves and arguably if you're packing Solar Power then Fire is going to kill you even more.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Depends how you use Venusaur, gaining a defensive ability makes sense to go with it's increased stats. Granted Solar Power would help greatly but it would still suffer from Fire and Ice moves and arguably if you're packing Solar Power then Fire is going to kill you even more.

I think he meant on Charizard

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Without STAB, Water Pulse on Mega Blastoise will be 90, which is the same as surf
If Mega Launcher gives a 1.5x (we don't know how much Mega Launcher increases it yet, do we?), then Water Pulse will have 135 BP (60x1.5x1.5), while Surf will have 142 BP (95x1.5, rounded down), so Surf will still be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.